PDA

View Full Version : BREAKING NEWS: There Will Be a 2011-12 NBA Season.....

MMC
11-26-2011, 07:49 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/nba-owners-players-reach-tentative-deal-084724776.html

NEW YORK (AP) — After nearly two years of bickering, NBA players and owners are back on the same side.

"We want to play basketball," Commissioner David Stern said.
Come Christmas Day, they should be.

The sides reached a tentative agreement early Saturday to end the 149-day lockout and hope to begin the delayed season with a marquee tripleheader Dec. 25. Most of a season that seemed in jeopardy of being lost entirely will be salvaged if both sides approve the handshake deal.

Barring a change in scheduling, the 2011-12 season will open with the Boston Celtics at New York Knicks, followed by Miami at Dallas in an NBA finals rematch before MVP Derrick Rose and Chicago visiting Kobe Bryant and the Lakers.

The league plans a 66-game season and aims to open training camps Dec. 9, with free agency opening at the same time. Stern has said it would take about 30 days from an agreement to playing the first game.....snip~

Looks like there will be some "African Round Ball" after all. :rolleyes: Damn and here I was ALL prepared for no Pro BB being on television this year. They are only going to miss 16 games. But I like how the players were bitching to their Union-Heads. Empty pockets got them thinking.

Also somehow a secret meeting was held with owners and the Union. Hmmmm.....wonder if Obama made a 3 am call? Especially since the job numbers went down and now more companies wont hire due to the Bush Tax cuts taking place. Truthfuly they need that extra revenue to come in or the theres even less money in the markets. Billions would be lost. Methinks someone made a call. :cool:

Conley
11-26-2011, 10:18 AM
You know it's funny, I don't miss the NBA at all. I only watched games when I bet on them or the playoffs. The rest of the season is so boring like baseball. A regular season is 82 games in the NBA so it gets to be dull.

MMC
11-26-2011, 10:46 AM
You know it's funny, I don't miss the NBA at all. I only watched games when I bet on them or the playoffs. The rest of the season is so boring like baseball. A regular season is 82 games in the NBA so it gets to be dull.

Yeah I don't get into either. Might watch the Bulls if they are in the Playoffs. Pretty much the same way with baseball. If No Chicago Teams. Then me no watch.

Conley
11-26-2011, 10:50 AM
Yeah, the Bulls should be back in the playoffs again this year. They have a good young team.

Captain Obvious
11-26-2011, 11:50 PM
NBA - that's basketball, right?

Shouldn't they be playing now? I seem to notice a lot of hockey and football highlights on ESPN in the mornings lately, which is a good thing.

MMC
11-27-2011, 12:07 AM
NBA - that's basketball, right?

Shouldn't they be playing now? I seem to notice a lot of hockey and football highlights on ESPN in the mornings lately, which is a good thing.

Yeah they would have been.....I have watched a few of the Hawks games. Not into the BBAll.

Captain Obvious
11-27-2011, 12:21 AM
I can watch college hoops. I could go to an NBA game also - same for NASCAR, but fuck me if I'm spending any more than a nanosecond watching that shit on TV.

MMC
11-27-2011, 12:26 AM
Yeah Like I told CL.....if the Bulls make the Playoffs I might watch that game. Depends, if Ancient Aliens are on. I will go with Georgio. I went to Two of the Bulls Playoffs games when they won the 6-peat. After going and what seats we could get. I would have rather watched it from the confort of my home. Plus the one Game was the Conference Championship game. After the Bulls won. When we got out. They were already tearing up the West Side of Chicago. Plus Cops were all out protecting the Magnificent Mile.