PDA

View Full Version : Obama should just STFU

Greenridgeman
04-19-2013, 09:11 PM
Anybody listening to him and his diversity crap?

Diverse people just bombed the Boston Marathon.

Just cut the PC crap, Mr. Prez, console the victims and let it go at that.

America does not need a lecture on jumping to conclusions after watching the left media hope for days this was whiteboy tea party types.

Dr. Who
04-19-2013, 11:25 PM

America does not need a lecture on jumping to conclusions after watching the left media hope for days this was whiteboy tea party types.
You don't think people need to be reassured that all Muslims are not out to do them harm. Given the state of paranoia in America, particularly since 911, I think he needed to reassure people that the majority of Muslims don't support terrorism. Interesting that recent acts by domestic serial killer/terrorists have actually killed more people than the Boston bombing have not frightened people as much as the prospect that two guys were carrying out a religious mission. How odd.

Adelaide
04-20-2013, 01:37 AM
It wasn't just the left-wing media jumping to conclusions; I posted elsewhere, but some of the earliest speculations I saw were from right-wing personalities who automatically assumed it was a muslim.

At any rate, I agree with the sentiment that we must accept diversity. Just because these two males did this, doesn't mean that Chechens should all be looked at as terrorists, or all males as violent, or all muslims as those things. The local Chechen population here has already voiced concerns that they may face discrimination due to the acts of these two men.

zelmo1234
04-20-2013, 03:45 AM
It is funny that the experement in multi culturalism is starting to have critics at the higherst levels of government.

It is a probem that is not only prone to having people like this in your cities, but if they reu=fuse to assimilate, it is costing governments a ton of money, in a time in which they are broke.

Here are so,e esamples!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/oct/17/angela-merkel-german-multiculturalism-failed

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1355961/Nicolas-Sarkozy-joins-David-Cameron-Angela-Merkel-view-multiculturalism-failed.html

And yes after the bombs and the style of bomb it was very likelthat the bombers were Muslims.

So for those that jumped to the conclusion that they were Muslim, Well, they used the evidence to make that call, and they were right, so we can hardly say that they jumped to conclusions.

Those that were praying for this to be a white tea party member would ahve made this attack worse than 911 if it had been!

Now that it is muslim, you will see little from those news agencies!

Common
04-20-2013, 06:08 AM
Diversity sounds good, great talking point but it has its flaws, that proponents dont or wont acknowledge.
First of all I have a right as an american and human being to decide who I want to comingle with. I dont have a right to abuse or harm those I choose not to comingle with. Theres a big different there.
I would like someone to explain to me how, I should view muslims kindly without any trepidation. My problem with muslims is that I dont know which one will snap and try to kill me or large groups of my fellow citizens. I cant tell the difference between these two Americanized brothers who were given every opportunity americans kids have and who were given a home and accepted into the most free country on the planet and "STILL" they wanted to kill as many innocent americans as they can. Theres been too much of this muslims in america trying to kill us crap for me to be fully at ease around any muslims. Thats just the way it is and Im not to blame for the way I feel and I wont make any apologies for it.

Mainecoons
04-20-2013, 06:33 AM
You don't think people need to be reassured that all Muslims are not out to do them harm. Given the state of paranoia in America, particularly since 911, I think he needed to reassure people that the majority of Muslims don't support terrorism. Interesting that recent acts by domestic serial killer/terrorists have actually killed more people than the Boston bombing have not frightened people as much as the prospect that two guys were carrying out a religious mission. How odd.

Maybe not all of them but for damn sure enough of them that it is foolish to ignore the connection between the religion and terrorism.

Greenridgeman
04-20-2013, 07:04 AM

Forty something years of Muslim atrocities against the US, from Sirhan Sirhan to the Boston Bomb Boys, and American has never risen up against ALL Muslims, and

We do not need that punk ass little charlatan jumping in front of a camera every time there is a tragedy lecturing us on diversity, and tolerance, and how to be Americans.

As for what the media covers intensely, or does not cover intensely, to fighten or not frighten American Idol Nation, I care not.

I'd bet no armed CC city would cower and cringe go on lockdown over one or two terrorists.

Take away the right to self defense, two people can easily frighten a city, especially if there is a media circus going on.

Greenridgeman
04-20-2013, 07:07 AM
It wasn't just the left-wing media jumping to conclusions; I posted elsewhere, but some of the earliest speculations I saw were from right-wing personalities who automatically assumed it was a muslim.

At any rate, I agree with the sentiment that we must accept diversity. Just because these two males did this, doesn't mean that Chechens should all be looked at as terrorists, or all males as violent, or all muslims as those things. The local Chechen population here has already voiced concerns that they may face discrimination due to the acts of these two men.

My point is the President should comfort the victims, save his patronizing lectures to America for later.

Mainecoons
04-20-2013, 07:21 AM
More BS from Obama:

“There are still many unanswered questions. Why did young men who grew up and studied here as part of our community and country resort to violence? How did they plan and carry out this attack and did they receive help? The families who lost loved ones deserve answers,” the president said.

It's the religion, you stupid s***!

Greenridgeman
04-20-2013, 07:24 AM

I'd advise local Chechen to assimilate.

Greenridgeman
04-20-2013, 07:35 AM
More BS from Obama:

It's the religion, you stupid s***![/FONT][/COLOR]

They came here, and studied as part of our community, where the school system teaches America sucks because white men founded it.

They could have found enough hate in the curriculum to incite a bombing.

Mainecoons
04-20-2013, 07:52 AM
That isn't what they themselves indicated motivated them. What you're describing is the kind of motivation one typically finds in home grown terrorists.

These were Muslim terrorists. Period. Nothing more, nothing less. 10 years of exposure to western culture was negated by the theology of Islam someone taught them. This is just a repeat of the experience they've had in the U.K. with second generation immigrants born and raised there but exposed to Islam, turning into bombers and terrorists, specifically citing Jihad as their motivation.

The denial of the centrality of forced domination and conversion or death to "unbelievers" of and by Islam continues to amaze me. It is right there in black and white and the PC crowd still denies it.

Greenridgeman
04-20-2013, 07:55 AM
That isn't what they themselves indicated motivated them. What you're describing is the kind of motivation one typically finds in home grown terrorists.

These were Muslim terrorists. Period. Nothing more, nothing less. 10 years of exposure to western culture was negated by the theology of Islam someone taught them.

The denial of the centrality of forced domination and conversion or death to Islam continues to amaze me. It is right there in black and white and the PC crowd still denies it.

My point is, PC education validated the idea that their ideas are valid.

I know Islam is unforgiving and inherently violent, you are preaching to the choir here.

truthmatters
04-20-2013, 08:26 AM

you hate is so deep you love nothing

truthmatters
04-20-2013, 08:28 AM
You call being caring about others being poltically correct so you can demean being caring about others.

can you say sociopathic

junie
04-20-2013, 08:51 AM
Forty something years of Muslim atrocities against the US, from Sirhan Sirhan to the Boston Bomb Boys, and American has never risen up against ALL Muslims, and

We do not need that punk ass little charlatan jumping in front of a camera every time there is a tragedy lecturing us on diversity, and tolerance, and how to be Americans.

As for what the media covers intensely, or does not cover intensely, to fighten or not frighten American Idol Nation, I care not.

I'd bet no armed CC city would cower and cringe go on lockdown over one or two terrorists.

Take away the right to self defense, two people can easily frighten a city, especially if there is a media circus going on.

lol how interesting... you felt lectured, huh?

can you post exact quotes which you found so offensive or are you just ranting at the president for fun?

we here in massachusetts weren't cowering and cringing on sunday before it happened or tuesday after it happened. yesterday massachusetts residents in the area simply cooperated and assisted law enforcement efforts by shutting down and taking all the variables off the table for the would-be escapee... and it worked!

Mister D
04-20-2013, 08:53 AM
I'm not disgusted with Chechens or Muslims so much as I am with this insane state policy of "diversity".

patrickt
04-20-2013, 08:53 AM
I disagree with Greenridgeman but I think Truthdoesn'tmatters responses are quite mad.

President Morsi demanded that Americans, that would include me, accept his culture. That's diversity. Accept us or else. There are aspects of the Muslim culture I will not ever accept. Female circumcision, killing gays, killing women who are the victims of rape, and demanding that the whole world accept and submit to them. Not accepting these things is part of my culture and I demand that President Morsi accept that.

junie
04-20-2013, 09:05 AM

can you post exact quotes which you found so offensive or are you just ranting at the president for fun?

we here in massachusetts weren't cowering and cringing on sunday before it happened or tuesday after it happened. yesterday massachusetts residents in the area simply cooperated and assisted law enforcement efforts by shutting down and taking all the variables off the table for the would-be escapee... and it worked!

people in the city immediately took to the streets and began celebrating law enforcement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Bh9Bd3WVjM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGYaM9fOnBw
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGYaM9fOnBw)

junie
04-20-2013, 09:08 AM
i'd post a spoof thread "Greenridgeman should just STFU" but that's against the rules here, so mum's the word. :wink:

Greenridgeman
04-20-2013, 09:18 AM

I'd have to get a transcript.

You probably heard him too.

It is his place to console the families, I have no problem with that.

He went beyond that into lecturing on how Americans should not brand all Islamics with this, etc.

Greenridgeman
04-20-2013, 09:23 AM
i'd post a spoof thread "Greenridgeman should just STFU" but that's against the rules here, so mum's the word. :wink:

I could play that game but won't.

Obama is a public figure, I can say things about him you can't say about me.

I miss sites where we could play this game, but, I've accepted they do not exist anymore.

Santa's Little Helper
04-20-2013, 09:26 AM

How about I "spoof" a is anybody sick of that annoying troll junie thread.

junie
04-20-2013, 09:42 AM
I could play that game but won't.

Obama is a public figure, I can say things about him you can't say about me.

I miss sites where we could play this game, but, I've accepted they do not exist anymore.

i'd say your whining over PCism and diversity as you cry we should have never let "those people" into our country, is what makes you cringing and cowardly...

junie
04-20-2013, 09:44 AM
I'd have to get a transcript.

You probably heard him too.

It is his place to console the families, I have no problem with that.

He went beyond that into lecturing on how Americans should not brand all Islamics with this, etc.

there are millions of american's who need to be reminded and he is the president speaking in an official capacity with good reason...

Greenridgeman
04-20-2013, 09:48 AM
i'd say your whining over PCism and diversity as you cry we should have never let "those people" into our country, is what makes you cringing and cowardly...

I said we should be a little more careful about who we let in, I didn't whine about it.

I find it terrible a million people are held virtual hostage in their own homes, fearing this guy and with no means of defense.

I am not alone in that.

I agree they should have stayed out of the way, but safe and secure in their own armed homes, protected by their own weapons, while the police found the guy, not helpless, hoping the guy didn't break into their house.

Fortunately he hid in a boat and was found.

It could have worked out where he took unarmed helpless hostages.

Greenridgeman
04-20-2013, 09:51 AM
there are millions of american's who need to be reminded and he is the president speaking in an official capacity with good reason...

Has America ever reacted to a Muslim terror attack by turning on the Muslims among us to any great extent?

Certainly not to the extent this country needs to be talked down to and lectured the way Obama did.

Can you cite any reasons he should talk to the whole nation this way?

You never hear him defending white folks against those who would brand us all as McVeighs and Rudolphs.

Chloe
04-20-2013, 10:34 AM
I don't understand why people are so offended by what president Obama said. He was basically calling for unity and not to use this instance and their faith as some sort of example for singling out or harming Muslims as a whole. You guys can deny it all you want but there are a lot of people in this country that would love to use this bombing as a reason to continue or enhance the war on terrorism/Islam.

Radicals make up a very small fraction of religions and in the case of Islam the actions of the few cause people to freak out about the whole population. People talk about muslim crowds celebrating Americans dying but that's like 100-1000 people on camera, there are over a billion Muslims on this planet, over a billion, so don't judge them based on a tv clip from a street in Iran or two random guys in Boston.

Chloe
04-20-2013, 10:36 AM
More BS from Obama:

It's the religion, you stupid s***![/FONT][/COLOR]

no it's a perversion of a religion created and followed by relatively few radicals when compared to the billion Muslims worldwide who are peaceful and just want to live their lives

Greenridgeman
04-20-2013, 10:38 AM
I don't understand why people are so offended by what president Obama said. He was basically calling for unity and not to use this instance and their faith as some sort of example for singling out or harming Muslims as a whole. You guys can deny it all you want but there are a lot of people in this country that would love to use this bombing as a reason to continue or enhance the war on terrorism/Islam.

Radicals make up a very small fraction of religions and in the case of Islam the actions of the few cause people to freak out about the whole population. People talk about muslim crowds celebrating Americans dying but that's like 100-1000 people on camera, there are over a billion Muslims on this planet, over a billion, so don't judge them based on a tv clip from a street in Iran or two random guys in Boston.

There is no example of America responding en masse with prejudice against all Muslims in response to their terror attacks.

Had Obama followed his condescending remarks to America by then addressing the left media, and chastising them for their insinuations that this had to do with Patriots and Tax day protestors, I would not have even made my post.

GetaGrip
04-20-2013, 10:39 AM
My beef with Muslims is that they really don't step up to the plate and denounce the extremist element in their faith....it just leaves a person to wonder.

patrickt
04-20-2013, 11:24 AM
My beef with Muslims is that they really don't step up to the plate and denounce the extremist element in their faith....it just leaves a person to wonder.

Tell me a religion that does, Grip. Do you hear Christian churches denouncing Westboro or the Rev. Jeremiah Wright or the Rev. Al Sharpton? Religions are not logical or loving and all are susceptible to criticism so they tend to keep quiet. They'll bicker on minor issue of dogma but on bigger issues they are quiet silent.

Chloe
04-20-2013, 11:24 AM
There is no example of America responding en masse with prejudice against all Muslims in response to their terror attacks.

Had Obama followed his condescending remarks to America by then addressing the left media, and chastising them for their insinuations that this had to do with Patriots and Tax day protestors, I would not have even made my post.

I doubt there's much of anything Obama could have said that would have made you or many others content though. The tv shows that I watched this week about the bombings tried very hard not to blame anyone or any group. There were assumptions and stuff but usually the first reaction from people is that it's Muslim terrorists and so I can see why many news channels were trying give other options and alternatives. The day or two after the bombing no terrorist groups claimed anything so assuming it had to do with taxes or other issues was reasonable in my opinion.

patrickt
04-20-2013, 11:30 AM
I agree, Chloe. I doubt there is anything positive President Obama can do.

GrassrootsConservative
04-20-2013, 11:33 AM

He can hope, and give plenty of other oblivious American citizens hope. In a way that's kind of positive. :/

Greenridgeman
04-20-2013, 11:37 AM
I doubt there's much of anything Obama could have said that would have made you or many others content though. The tv shows that I watched this week about the bombings tried very hard not to blame anyone or any group. There were assumptions and stuff but usually the first reaction from people is that it's Muslim terrorists and so I can see why many news channels were trying give other options and alternatives. The day or two after the bombing no terrorist groups claimed anything so assuming it had to do with taxes or other issues was reasonable in my opinion.

I am referring specifically to his comments around the time I made the post.

He made a good appearance, consoled the families, praised the police, and then proceeded to lecture the country on not judging all Muslims by these two.

America has not done that before, does not do it now, and his comments last night were not needed.

Again, he made no reference to the nearly week long implications/hopes of many leftists that this be the work of the VRWC.

Had he been balanced, as I said before, I would not have made the post.

Greenridgeman
04-20-2013, 11:38 AM

He could resign simultaneously with Biden.

Next easy one.....!

Mister D
04-20-2013, 11:56 AM
Tell me a religion that does, Grip. Do you hear Christian churches denouncing Westboro or the Rev. Jeremiah Wright or the Rev. Al Sharpton? Religions are not logical or loving and all are susceptible to criticism so they tend to keep quiet. They'll bicker on minor issue of dogma but on bigger issues they are quiet silent.

lol

Greenridgeman
04-20-2013, 12:00 PM

I have in the past few years attended three mostly but not all white Baptist Churchs, and heard condemnation of Westboro virtually every time they made the news.

I have not heard my white ministers comment on Wright, Sharpton or Obama from the pulpit.

Peter1469
04-20-2013, 01:03 PM
no it's a perversion of a religion created and followed by relatively few radicals when compared to the billion Muslims worldwide who are peaceful and just want to live their lives

But there are enough to represent a clear and present danger to civilization. And I don't mean that they could possibly win- they can just cause a lot of damage.

GetaGrip
04-20-2013, 01:14 PM

Westboro, Rev. Wright or Sharpton does not rise to the extreme level of the radical muslims.

Mainecoons
04-20-2013, 01:51 PM
None of them have blown up anyone although I'm a little surprised someone hasn't blown up Westboro by now.

That would be home grown for sure. :grin:

bladimz
04-20-2013, 02:14 PM
I said we should be a little more careful about who we let in, I didn't whine about it.

I find it terrible a million people are held virtual hostage in their own homes, fearing this guy and with no means of defense.

I am not alone in that.

I agree they should have stayed out of the way, but safe and secure in their own armed homes, protected by their own weapons, while the police found the guy, not helpless, hoping the guy didn't break into their house.

Fortunately he hid in a boat and was found.

It could have worked out where he took unarmed helpless hostages.Wait... these residents in their homes... they didn't have any guns? Were they all confiscated?? Why would you say they were helpless?

Mister D
04-20-2013, 02:22 PM
None of them have blown up anyone although I'm a little surprised someone hasn't blown up Westboro by now.

That would be home grown for sure. :grin:

Ah, Rev. Phelps. Much less well known for his civil rights work. :smiley: It's incredible that a group of about 40 people can become so widely known and widely despised.

bladimz
04-20-2013, 02:33 PM
If you didn't like the president's remarks, send him a terse letter. Or better, send him the speech you'd prefer to hear. One that floats your boat. I'm guessing that since you keeping referring to his comments re: muslims as lecturing, maybe you are taking it too personally. Maybe you're one who holds all muslims in contempt. And that's alright; don't get me wrong, we all have the right to feel the way we do, but don't begrudge the president his right to say what he feels is necessary. Or maybe you'd prefer that he let the rise in muslim bigotry go unchecked, and stand back while a lynch mob hits the mosques.

See, one of the things that people like best about this country since it's inception is the willingness of this free country to accept anyone of any background (diversity), without exception. If you see this as a problem, blame it on our founders. We're the ones with the open-door policy. Now, there are lots of people who want to close our borders to outsiders, some ethnicities more than others. How can you close the door without affecting the concept of freedom in this country.

You can hate them, but that won't keep them out. Quite honestly, i would have been just as pissed no matter who set those bombs.

Mister D
04-20-2013, 03:19 PM
See, one of the things that people like best about this country since it's inception is the willingness of this free country to accept anyone of any background (diversity), without exception. If you see this as a problem, blame it on our founders. We're the ones with the open-door policy. Now, there are lots of people who want to close our borders to outsiders, some ethnicities more than others. How can you close the door without affecting the concept of freedom in this country.

You can hate them, but that won't keep them out. Quite honestly, i would have been just as pissed no matter who set those bombs.

Blad, the politicians who enacted changes in our immigration policy had to assure Americans that it would not alter the ethic composition of the country. That was at the end of the 1960s. Somehow we managed to keep America recognizable for many generations without affecting our freedoms. We've closed our borders several times in the past. Back when being an American meant something.

Greenridgeman
04-20-2013, 05:25 PM
Wait... these residents in their homes... they didn't have any guns? Were they all confiscated?? Why would you say they were helpless?

They had very few, most MA homes do not have firearms due to restrtictive firearms laws.

I know in my sister's home, she and her daughter were COWERING IN FEAR.

They may have been the only ones in Boston doing so, but, they were scared shitless as they had no MAN, no GUNS.

Greenridgeman
04-20-2013, 05:26 PM
Ah, Rev. Phelps. Much less well known for his civil rights work. :smiley: It's incredible that a group of about 40 people can become so widely known and widely despised.

Forty on a good day, WBC activists number fewer than a dozen.

Mister D
04-20-2013, 05:27 PM
Forty on a good day, WBC activists number fewer than a dozen.

And half are blood relatives.

Greenridgeman
04-20-2013, 05:32 PM
And half are blood relatives.

CLOSE blood relatives.

The family that lays together, stays together.

simpsonofpg
04-20-2013, 05:43 PM
Maybe not all of them but for damn sure enough of them that it is foolish to ignore the connection between the religion and terrorism.

I agree but it is happening enought that we need to get our heads out of the sand and learn that his group is the source of nearly all of the bad things happening. I know so good ones but I still have to take a second looks when I see a group of Muslims talking, I wonder about what.

Chloe
04-20-2013, 05:51 PM
I agree but it is happening enought that we need to get our heads out of the sand and learn that his group is the source of nearly all of the bad things happening. I know so good ones but I still have to take a second looks when I see a group of Muslims talking, I wonder about what.

But see it's that "wondering" that is actually more dangerous in my opinion because it can easily lead to fear, false accusations, prejudice, distrust, and possibly even violence if taken too far. A group of Muslims talking on the sidewalk should be looked at as innocently as a group of Jews talking, or Christians, or Atheists, or Buddhists, or unknown faiths, and so on. This is one of the reasons why president obama's comments were so poignant I think and not patronizing or wrong. It's that sort of typecasting of a religion caused by a very small percentage of people who practice a perversion of that faith which then can and will lead to our humanity and common sense being tossed out of the window to justify taking unnecessary action to calm our fears. I'm not saying you have to trust everybody obviously but every time something like this happens it separates us all just a little bit more, but in a bad way.

Greenridgeman
04-20-2013, 05:55 PM
But see it's that "wondering" that is actually more dangerous in my opinion because it can easily lead to fear, false accusations, prejudice, distrust, and possibly even violence if taken too far. A group of Muslims talking on the sidewalk should be looked at as innocently as a group of Jews talking, or Christians, or Atheists, or Buddhists, or unknown faiths, and so on. This is one of the reasons why president obama's comments were so poignant I think and not patronizing or wrong. It's that sort of typecasting of a religion caused by a very small percentage of people who practice a perversion of that faith which then can and will lead to our humanity and common sense being tossed out of the window to justify taking unnecessary action to calm our fears. I'm not saying you have to trust everybody obviously but every time something like this happens it separates us all just a little bit more, but in a bad way.

Refusal to look more carefully at the group most likely to strike you is just silly.

Unless of course you live in a 90%+ racially homogenous, low crime, high income area.

Then you look down on the peasants and lecture them on diversity and acceptance.

Chloe
04-20-2013, 05:56 PM
Refusal to look more carefully at the group most likely to strike you is just silly.

Unless of course you live in a 90%+ racially homogenous, low crime, high income area.

Then you look down on the peasants and lecture them on diversity and acceptance.

I don't really think that last part was necessary

Greenridgeman
04-20-2013, 05:59 PM

I'm sorry, it has been modus operandus of phony liberal politicians like Obama all my life.

You don't think the Kennedys, Kerrys, or Obamas ever lived in a representative community.

Hell no, they preached to America from behind gates, protected by guards with full-automatic weapons a citizen cannot have.

Greenridgeman
04-20-2013, 06:00 PM

That was a generic "you' looking down lecturing.

YOU you ain't tall enough to look down at me.

;-)

Mister D
04-20-2013, 06:04 PM

Quoted for truth

Greenridgeman
04-20-2013, 06:11 PM
Quoted for truth

I remember old Hubert Humphrey, D- MN.Never saw a negro in his life that wasn't serving, cooking, doing laundry, shining shoes, raking leaves, mowing grass, sweeping floors, etc, but saw fit to tell others how to live in racial harmony.