PDA

View Full Version : You can buy all the Guns you want ....

Cigar
04-22-2013, 01:02 PM
.... but don't you even think about Voting without a Background Check!

So let me get this straight . . .

EVERY Republican is insisting we MUST have thorough background checks and ID of all voters or else they might vote in a way that is dangerous to freedom (for Democrats)

but

EVERY Republican that voted against background checks for gun purchases insists that doing so is an affront to our civil liberties and freedom itself.

It should be noted how upside down the GOP is on this, how intellectually dishonest and inconsistent Conservatives are when it comes to background checks for gun purchasers and background checks for voting Americans.

The special interests want you to buy guns and they don't want you to vote if you don't live in a demographically gerrymandered GOP district. You can have all the guns you want but you can't vote without proving who you are. And if you thought the gun lobby was powerful you can just imagine how powerful the banking lobby is.

The 2nd Amendment is NOT the amendment that guarantees our freedom. Your right to vote is that guarantee. The 1st Amendment is that guarantee. There is a reason the GOP wants to make it harder for you to vote but easier for you to buy a gun. Guns sales do not threaten an Oligarchy of Special interests. Only voting can do that.

And if you think unregulated voting is dangerous, just wait until I tell you about a woman's reproductive system.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/04/18/1202947/-You-can-buy-all-the-guns-you-want-but-don-t-you-DARE-try-voting-without-a-background-check?detail=email#

BING-GO! :f_applause:

Cigar
04-22-2013, 01:13 PM
Only in America ...

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/936987_10151400253261275_1737351271_n.jpg

Greenridgeman
04-22-2013, 01:17 PM

EVERY Republican is insisting we MUST have thorough background checks and ID of all voters or else they might vote in a way that is dangerous to freedom (for Democrats)

but

EVERY Republican that voted against background checks for gun purchases insists that doing so is an affront to our civil liberties and freedom itself.

It should be noted how upside down the GOP is on this, how intellectually dishonest and inconsistent Conservatives are when it comes to background checks for gun purchasers and background checks for voting Americans.

The special interests want you to buy guns and they don't want you to vote if you don't live in a demographically gerrymandered GOP district. You can have all the guns you want but you can't vote without proving who you are. And if you thought the gun lobby was powerful you can just imagine how powerful the banking lobby is.

The 2nd Amendment is NOT the amendment that guarantees our freedom. Your right to vote is that guarantee. The 1st Amendment is that guarantee. There is a reason the GOP wants to make it harder for you to vote but easier for you to buy a gun. Guns sales do not threaten an Oligarchy of Special interests. Only voting can do that.

And if you think unregulated voting is dangerous, just wait until I tell you about a woman's reproductive system.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/04/18/1202947/-You-can-buy-all-the-guns-you-want-but-don-t-you-DARE-try-voting-without-a-background-check?detail=email#

Talkin' sore loser.

You whinged and puled for a vote on background checks, and got it, and when your own dems added BS amendments, dems couldn't even enforce the party discipline needed to win the vote.

Cigar
04-22-2013, 01:21 PM
Talkin' sore loser.

You whinged and puled for a vote on background checks, and got it, and when your own dems added BS amendments, dems couldn't even enforce the party discipline needed to win the vote.

Once again ... you'll need to check your "facts" ... my own "Dems and ReTugs" Voted for the Background Checks.

Swing again. :)

patrickt
04-22-2013, 01:29 PM

but

Wow. Cigar is lying again. Go figure. Please explain the fantasy of a thorough background being required. I realize, Cigar, that you and your handlers have a vested interest in maintaining the voting rights of the dead, of foreign nationals, and of people who have already voted twelve times but tell me where you get the idea of a "thorough background check" being required.

I personal think that before I vote as Cigar I should show a photo ID showing I am Cigar but I realize you don't.

Mister D
04-22-2013, 01:30 PM
Talkin' sore loser.

Yepper. That boy's ass is chapped somethin' fierce. It's understandable. He was talking a lot of shit only to watch BO and Co. get bitch slapped by the NRA.

Cigar
04-22-2013, 01:36 PM
Wow. Cigar is lying again. Go figure. Please explain the fantasy of a thorough background being required. I realize, Cigar, that you and your handlers have a vested interest in maintaining the voting rights of the dead, of foreign nationals, and of people who have already voted twelve times but tell me where you get the idea of a "thorough background check" being required.

I personal think that before I vote as Cigar I should show a photo ID showing I am Cigar but I realize you don't.

Did you read the story in the link or did you just start frothing at the mouth?

If you read the story you'll see that there is no way I could lie if I'm not the author of the story.

Swing Again ... miss again

Cigar
04-22-2013, 01:37 PM

So you don't have a problem with ID's and Background Checks?

Mister D
04-22-2013, 01:37 PM

That's standard, Cigar. :smiley:

Cigar
04-22-2013, 01:39 PM
http://editorialcartoonists.com/cartoons/RodriG/2013/RodriG20130422_low.jpg

Mister D
04-22-2013, 01:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSLLGgSPRVo

Ransom
04-22-2013, 03:13 PM

You are correct. Once again...and from a minority in the Senate status....we Republicans dictate policy.

....just gotta eat you up doesn't it?

Greenridgeman
04-22-2013, 03:25 PM
You are correct. Once again...and from a minority in the Senate status....we Republicans dictate policy.

....just gotta eat you up doesn't it?

Hell, Republicans dictated policy for two years when Obama had the House and Senate.

killianr1
04-22-2013, 03:34 PM
Hell, Republicans dictated policy for two years when Obama had the House and Senate. I am not quite sure about that. there was Obamacare.

nic34
04-22-2013, 03:38 PM
Hell, Republicans dictated policy for two years when Obama had the House and Senate.

Quit with the lies, or just plain ignorance Mr. teacher.

The Myth of the Filibuster-Proof Democratic Senate

http://sandiegofreepress.org/2012/09/the-myth-of-the-filibuster-proof-democratic-senate/

Greenridgeman
04-22-2013, 03:40 PM
I am not quite sure about that. there was Obamacare.

Passed by one vote, on a one party vote, validated by the SCOTUS only because the SCOTUS took the Orwellian stance that if a law was unconstitutional as Congress passed it, the SCOTUS could redefine key words in the law, completely contradicting one of the main arguments on which the law was passed, and rule it constitutional by means of judicial editing.

As Obamacare really begins to sting, do not be surprised to see a change in Senate power, and a repeal.

simpsonofpg
04-22-2013, 08:28 PM
Once again ... you'll need to check your "facts" ... my own "Dems and ReTugs" Voted for the Background Checks.

Swing again. :)

We don't care about background checks because we have nothing to hide. Why do you want every Tom, Dick, and Harry to vote without so much as a proveable ID. You take care of the votes and we will keep the rest of the country safe.

nic34
04-23-2013, 09:08 AM
We don't care about background checks because we have nothing to hide. Why do you want every Tom, Dick, and Harry to vote without so much as a proveable ID. You take care of the votes and we will keep the rest of the country safe.

Background checks work, just not as well as they could if used at gun shows.

Everyone needs ID to vote. There is no significant voter fraud.... gun purchasers on the other hand....

zelmo1234
04-23-2013, 12:18 PM

Nope send a clean bill to the senate for background checks and it will pass., lode it up with a bunch of stuff that is designed to take guns away from law abiding citizens and it will fail

Cigar
04-23-2013, 12:20 PM
Nope send a clean bill to the senate for background checks and it will pass., lode it up with a bunch of stuff that is designed to take guns away from law abiding citizens and it will fail

Like what?

Greenridgeman
04-23-2013, 12:21 PM

It was an end around to use HCR and the new definitions of psychiatric disorders to disarm virtually every American that so much as ever asked a doc for a sleeping pill.

zelmo1234
04-23-2013, 12:23 PM
Like what?

An open ended amendment tree and changing serious mental illnes to psycological condition!

zelmo1234
04-23-2013, 12:24 PM
it was an end around to use hcr and the new definitions of psychiatric disorders to disarm virtually every american that so much as ever asked a doc for a sleeping pill.

yep!