PDA

View Full Version : Unlawful Arrests of Protestors Continues

jgreer
11-28-2011, 12:05 PM
http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/11/27/9053619-five-arrested-after-deadline-passes-for-occupy-la

More of our fellow Americans being arrested for no reason and being denied the right to free speech. I am glad the press is reporting this, the police are working only for the rich and not the real American people.

Conley
11-28-2011, 12:23 PM
There are limits to free speech just like any other 'right'. Furthermore, disturbing the peace is against the law.

Mister D
11-28-2011, 12:40 PM
I didn't realize anyone had a right to impede another's progress.

jgreer
11-28-2011, 02:10 PM
I didn't realize anyone had a right to impede another's progress.

How about the bankers and Wall street impeding the progress of every day Americans? They get a free pass?

Mister D
11-28-2011, 03:01 PM
March on DC if your issue is with what bankers get away with. Sittign outside Wall Street or anytown USA is a waste of time and you just make a nuisance out of yourselves. Not for the establishment of course but for every day guys on their way to work.

Pendragon
11-28-2011, 03:08 PM
March on DC if your issue is with what bankers get away with. Sittign outside Wall Street or anytown USA is a waste of time and you just make a nuisance out of yourselves. Not for the establishment of course but for every day guys on their way to work.

This incessant defense of the banking industry truly becomes too much at a point.

Let me ask you this. If you were to leave the door to your home wide open, would it be permissable for someone to come in and rob you? Of course not. Simply because we have been told that the bankers have broken no laws (a claim I find highly dubious, by the way), they should be allowed to continue fleecing America? For shame! Certainly not!

Even if you would allow that they should remain free to continuing ransacking and looting as they have, would you not be in favor of legislation, adequate and enforced, to prevent a future financial meltdown and catastrophe that all admit was at least partially caused by their reckless gambles on the financial markets? For God's Sake men, I beg you to reconsider!

Mister D
11-28-2011, 04:00 PM
Let's start with yor first sentence.

What "incessant defense of the banking industry" are you referring to?

jgreer
11-28-2011, 05:14 PM
Why dont you answer the rest of his post? And yes most of the people on here have mocked the protesters and defended the bankers saying they didnt do anything illegal

Captain Obvious
11-28-2011, 06:41 PM
"for no reason"

This is the liberal mind at it's best.

Elibe
11-28-2011, 06:51 PM
why do people get more upset about the protestors than they do about the bankers?

Mister D
11-28-2011, 06:54 PM
Why dont you answer the rest of his post? And yes most of the people on here have mocked the protesters and defended the bankers saying they didnt do anything illegal

One thing at a time. First I'd like to clarify who specifically he's referring to. I will continue to mock the protesters. They are patently ridiculous but that's not the issue.

wingrider
11-29-2011, 01:50 AM
as far as I am concerned thses so called protesters are nothing but a bunch of usefull idiots, they will end up creating a crises and the feds never let a crises go to waste they will use it to deplete even more of our already dwindling freedoms.. just sit back and see how this plays out.. in the long run it is gonna bite everyone on the ass, everyone that is except the bankers and their minions in DC

Pendragon
11-29-2011, 12:17 PM
Let's start with yor first sentence.

What "incessant defense of the banking industry" are you referring to?

The right wing constant claims that the banks did nothing wrong and that their hands were forced by the federal government. They ignore the fact that bail outs are not part of the free market equation.

Let us move on to the meat of my post.

Mister D
11-29-2011, 12:19 PM
The right wing constant claims that the banks did nothing wrong and that their hands were forced by the federal government. They ignore the fact that bail outs are not part of the free market equation.

Let us move on to the meat of my post.

Who said the banks did nothing wrong? Some blog? Who?

wingrider
11-29-2011, 07:31 PM
if the banks had done something illegal charges would be filed... the fact that no criminal charges have been filed speaks volumns in their defense. now the protesters on the other hand are being arrrested almost daily for various crimes..