PDA

View Full Version : You don't know what ya got... 'til it's gone

Micketto
04-29-2013, 04:30 PM
...and the new guy fails miserably.

More than four years after he left office, former President George W. Bush's approval rating now equal President Obama's, according to a new Washington Post/ ABC poll (http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/bush-library-opening-puts-his-presidency-back-in-the-spotlight/2013/04/22/bb7e6b9c-ab65-11e2-a8b9-2a63d75b5459_story.html).

Forty-seven percent of Americans say they now approve of the former president, while 53 percent disapprove, according to the poll, which surveyed 1,000 adults from April 17-21. Mr. Obama's approval rating also stands at 47 percent.

Mr. Bush left office under a cloud of controversy, taking blame from the public for the 2008 financial crash, the Iraq war and his handling of Hurricane Katrina in 2005. In an Oct. 2008 Washington Post poll, his approval rating was as low as 23 percent. By January 2009, when he left office, just 33 percent approved while 66 percent disapproved.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-57580906/poll-george-w-bushs-approval-rating-matches-obamas/

So in other words...

The longer Obama is in office... the better Bush looks.

Go figure.

Common
04-29-2013, 05:01 PM
All presidents historicall have their approval rating go up after they leave office, the two most recent exceptions to that are Richard Nixon and Lyndon Johnson.
Not trying to take away from Bush, they are just facts.

simpsonofpg
04-29-2013, 07:25 PM
Bush was not great like his father but compared to Obama he was really good.

jillian
04-29-2013, 07:26 PM
...and the new guy fails miserably.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-57580906/poll-george-w-bushs-approval-rating-matches-obamas/

So in other words...

The longer Obama is in office... the better Bush looks.

Go figure.

only to people who could stomach bush enough to vote for him twice...

but nice talking points

Chris
04-29-2013, 07:40 PM
All presidents historicall have their approval rating go up after they leave office, the two most recent exceptions to that are Richard Nixon and Lyndon Johnson.
Not trying to take away from Bush, they are just facts.

Approval ratings aren't fact but mere opinions.

Common
04-29-2013, 08:05 PM

Thats exactly what this thread was about thats why I responded with historical facts about approval ratings for all presidents.
Bush like his policies or not and I liked some and disliked others he is a very likeable guy, I think he did a good job taking charge after 911 and I was for the wars, now in hindsight their costs have murdered us, the cost of these wars has alot to do with the shape were in.

jillian
04-29-2013, 08:08 PM

approval ratings are a momentary snapshot. if something has a higher approval rating than something else, then at that moment in time, that particular approval rating is fact.

Chris
04-29-2013, 08:11 PM
Thats exactly what this thread was about thats why I responded with historical facts about approval ratings for all presidents.
Bush like his policies or not and I liked some and disliked others he is a very likeable guy, I think he did a good job taking charge after 911 and I was for the wars, now in hindsight their costs have murdered us, the cost of these wars has alot to do with the shape were in.

But they aren't facts, their opinions if not mere feelings.

Part of the problem with America is this partisan popularity of personalities over any concern for political policies.

Chris
04-29-2013, 08:12 PM
approval ratings are a momentary snapshot. if something has a higher approval rating than something else, then at that moment in time, that particular approval rating is fact.

Yes, and, so? They're not facts, their--see above post.

You're also omitting the fact polls, by asking the right questions in the right way get the results they seek.

KC
04-29-2013, 08:25 PM
I don't worry much about approval ratings. President Bush was an awful president, so is President Obama.

ptif219
04-29-2013, 08:29 PM

but nice talking points

I would say that about Obama who has to threaten whistle blowers because he is so corrupt

Micketto
04-30-2013, 06:41 AM
Bush was not great like his father but compared to Obama he was really good.

GW Bush made some bad choices, and one that cost a lot of lives and a lot of money. He chose to go to war... and war costs. But he was a good, genuine man.

Obama is nothing but a liar.

Whether it's:
Benghazi
Sequester cuts and who wanted them
What he did or didn't say in some speech (that happens to be on tape)
Closing Gitmo
GMOs
"Obamacare will not add one dime to our deficit"
"I am the most fiscally Conservative president since Ike"
"The Private sector is doing fine"
"We only have 2% of the world's oil reserves"
and on and on it goes....

No character, no class, nothing but a liar with no experience running anything... and proving it daily.

Micketto
04-30-2013, 06:42 AM

but nice talking points

It must hurt... as much as you hate the guy and Obama's approval rating is exactly the same.

:(

Taxcutter
05-01-2013, 11:45 AM
Forty-four more months of Hussein Obama and GW Bush will look like Washington by comparison.

Cigar
05-01-2013, 11:48 AM
Is there something in the water today ...

Victims are taking over the Forum

http://www.rottenecards.com/ecards/Rottenecards_4052295_k5t2q6hzmy.png

BB-35
05-01-2013, 11:53 AM

but nice talking points

Tsk....spin away...

nic34
05-01-2013, 11:56 AM
I don't worry much about approval ratings. President Bush was an awful president, so is President Obama.

but Dick Chainy was worst of all..... :grin:

Cigar
05-01-2013, 12:00 PM
but Dick Chainy was worst of all..... :grin:

Ronald Reagan sold Weapons to Iran ... then he got the Conservative Disease ...

Memory Loss of anything done by a Republican

patrickt
05-01-2013, 12:15 PM

but nice talking points

This from an Obama supporter. I would say that President Obama totally met my expectations.