PDA

View Full Version : a sad state of affairs.....

GRUMPY
07-04-2011, 08:05 AM
this nation stands at a crossroads....we will embrace liberty and personal responsibility or we will embrace dependence and the status as yet another failed nanny state for ourselves and our posterity....the challenges before us are great but most certainly not insurmountable....unfortunately there appears no sense of urgency and no sense of obligation to those who will follow or even an awareness of the precipice at which we stand....rather i have read of the delusional belief that somehow this forum is accomplishing something by heightening awareness when in point of fact, inevitably every discussion spins into the vacant, irrational, irrelevant and juvenile....what will we tell our children and our children's children....how will we ever look at them with out a deep sense of shame for our having destroyed what was exceptional and shackling them to a diminished future....i can only assume that we are scattered far and wide but it appears that most of us tend to agree on some general principles....i propose that each of us draft a plan of action moving forward present these for review and critique....combine the best and take our arguments to the nation starting within ourselves, our homes, our schools and communities....i will wait to see if there is any degree of seriousness among us and withhold all commentary until that time....continuing of course to play mmc in chess as he is kicking my arse.....

Conley
07-04-2011, 08:47 AM
this country has faced greater threats...don't have to go back too far to compare the civil rights movement, jfk assassination, vietnam, etc...we have faced down demons and come out the other side, not unscathed, but not defeated either. i wouldn't bet against the old u s of a. times are dire but there are at least some out there who recognize it and are trying to make things better. and not just by pounding away at their computers. yes, i said it before and i'll say it again, i think this forum can provide a valuable service. i know other members have opened my eyes about much in this country that i have not experienced. it is easy to sit back and say everything sucks, harder to come up with realistic and solutions that can be implemented.

MMC
07-04-2011, 11:03 AM
I have written Congressmen and Senators. I have toured with Vets to Iowa to take Palin down when she actually thought she had some type of play and was thinking about jumping in the race.

I have gone after the World of Media.....attacking MSDNC and all their left-wing loons for not putting on Republicans that have answers and solutions. We are not Cons. We are Cans.

I have done so with CNN, ABC, CBS. Thru the phone, thru the net, in person. So I am doing all that I can.

GRUMPY
07-07-2011, 01:57 PM
i really was not going to engage in any form of commentary but the responses of conley and mmc are so weak and pathetic i am compelled to do just that.....conley, so let me get this straight, the civil rights movement constituted a threat to our nation and vietnam was if not a defeat a victory....you have quite the unique sense of history son....yes i am sure that you find it challenging to center your thoughts about divining a solution, of course you have to at least have some grasp and appreciation of the problem....
mmc.....let me get this straight, you and some vets went, no "toured" iowa to take down that arch angel of evil known as.....sara palin.....is sara palin the problem....is she responsible for the selling out of our national defense, profligate spending, porous borders and shredding the constitution on an almost daily basis....never mind you and the vets keep fighting that good fight....

MMC
07-07-2011, 04:18 PM
Yeah, we wanted to make sure that popularity didn't over-rule reason. Especially when it came to Palin. Due to the media's attraction to her. Must have worked as Illinois and Indiana wont support her. California and NY won't support her. Texas and The Neo-Cons won't support her. She's pretty much become irrelevant, so at best she can carry those pom-poms and do what she does best. Cheer from the sideline, and next time.....stay out of the big-boys game! >:D

Conley
07-07-2011, 04:35 PM
Once again MMC, you have served your country well ;D

GRUMPY
07-07-2011, 05:06 PM
ah yes i am sure in your rather delusional worlds smearing palin is some act of bravery etc etc etc....i have only asked you and others to attempt to search your barren minds and produce some plan for actually saving this county....let us try something different....what do you, either of you stand for....anything, nothing at all....what would be your platform from which to lead this nation....

Conley
07-07-2011, 05:13 PM
what in your mind is the single greatest threat facing this country? say for the sake of this argument you can only pick one issue. what is it and where do you stand on it?

Conley
07-07-2011, 05:13 PM
ah yes i am sure in your rather delusional worlds smearing palin is some act of bravery etc etc etc....i have only asked you and others to attempt to search your barren minds and produce some plan for actually saving this county....let us try something different....what do you, either of you stand for....anything, nothing at all....what would be your platform from which to lead this nation....

it's too bad you missed my defense of palin as governor of AK when you were on your little hiatus...

MMC
07-07-2011, 05:27 PM

it's too bad you missed my defense of palin as governor of AK when you were on your little hiatus...

http://ts1.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=1052447741588&id=49d3849dd052d102b4e25e1ee4a89edd&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.maniacworld.com%2fSarah-Palin-Bikini.jpg

I don't know about her being The Governor of the AK....but Now the Snowqueen Wolf Hunter thats a differnt story.....http://www.politicalhotwire.com/images/smilies/bbc/f_run.gif lol

MMC
07-07-2011, 05:33 PM
http://ts3.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=1041398768670&id=2d1aa1111f0349d84b00297e1b8af807&url=http%3a%2f%2fdrunkpuppy.net%2fwp-content%2fuploads%2f2008%2f09%2fsarah-palin-hunter.jpg

Ooops I thought It was an Iranian, wellyouknow....it was wearing a sheet and had a pointed metal thing coming out of it's Head. I thought it was a terroist. http://www.politicalhotwire.com/images/smilies/signs/smiley_ROFLMAO.gif

Conley
07-07-2011, 05:51 PM
rofl uh oh, i don't think El Grumpo is going to be pleased with the derailing of this thread. if this were PH you'd be BANNED! :D

grump, seriously, answer my questions!! inquiring minds want to know!!

MMC
07-07-2011, 08:12 PM
Well truthfully I was going after the World of Media.....he who controls the keys to Communications defiantely is listened to.

Sure I have told them(pols)giving them solutions. Republicans need to force out the Southern Cons or not so much force them out. But tell them to shut the fuck up with all that religious bullshit......(smack) what don't they get about separation of Church and State. Then get in line.

Republicans need to go after the latino vote. There is a lot of connections if done with some actualy intelligence. This you will not get with the Neo-Cons and that NWO bullshit. We have started. We picked Rubio in Florida and Maria Sanchez won the Governorship to N Mexico.

This is the move to make. Latinos believe in Life. Latinos are Catholic Christians. They believe in family. Also the ones that I have met that are small buisness owners. They are fiscally conservative. They work hard for their money so we can always be moving them into the middle clase and lower middle class. Meaning showing them they can attain this easily. Caucus them for their districts.

Another thing Republicans need to do is focus directly at taking California within the State government. Thus taking back the 8th largest economy in the world. Not only take it back but then hold it.....once we have Californification under control. Then Choose Illinois or New York. I would go with Illinois as the gateway of the Midwest. Also once we have California, thats when we tell the Neo-Cons to then Shut the fuck up with all that NWO bullshit. As we Republicans would control the 8th largest economy in the world. After 2-3 terms of Republicans we will be back in the black. With plenty of money to throw up against the Neo-Cons.

The platform is for the Republic and that which it stands. Sovereignty to the Country is Priority Number 1. Our policy is fair trade not free trade. Those wanting support by us with US Troops inside their Country. Now begins paying for that protection. 2. We do not share Our Military technology with anybody. 3. We break down our Embassies into regions for Centralized locations. Thus reducing the amount of little plots of US soil in other's Countries. Also Reducing the Amount of Marines to guard that piece of turf. Same thing for the Startegic Carrier Groups to located strategically across the globe to control all access and movement. Reducing Military and State Depts. I will start with this first.

Mister D
07-07-2011, 09:04 PM
I'm not so sure that there is a nation to lead somewhere anymore. The native population's embrace of materialism and loss of any values other than living the good life make it difficult if not impossible to rally them to any sort of transcendent goal or vision. The middle classes have been bought off. We know our interests are not being represented yet we acquiesce as long as the goodies keep coming in. Meanwhile, Third World colonies with a weak attachment or no attachment at all to our mores and customs grow in our midst. Perhaps we should soon speak of nations subsumed under a decaying state apparatus called the US government. A state, mind you, that has lost any connection with what was the American nation and now exists only for itself.

Pessimistic this evening...

Conley
07-08-2011, 08:35 AM
I'm not so sure that there is a nation to lead somewhere anymore. The native population's embrace of materialism and loss of any values other than living the good life make it difficult if not impossible to rally them to any sort of transcendent goal or vision. The middle classes have been bought off. We know our interests are not being represented yet we acquiesce as long as the goodies keep coming in. Meanwhile, Third World colonies with a weak attachment or no attachment at all to our mores and customs grow in our midst. Perhaps we should soon speak of nations subsumed under a decaying state apparatus called the US government. A state, mind you, that has lost any connection with what was the American nation and now exists only for itself.

dayum, after reading that i think i'll just go in the garage and start the car with the door closed...

seriously though, you are probably right. that is probably how our modern country and society will end, i just hope we can keep it from happening for a good long while. early indicators are not good.

Conley
07-08-2011, 09:07 AM
what in your mind is the single greatest threat facing this country? say for the sake of this argument you can only pick one issue. what is it and where do you stand on it?

Grump?

Mister D
07-08-2011, 09:52 AM

dayum, after reading that i think i'll just go in the garage and start the car with the door closed...

seriously though, you are probably right. that is probably how our modern country and society will end, i just hope we can keep it from happening for a good long while. early indicators are not good.

:o

Lately I've been reading some more depressing material than usual. Then again, I guess I wouldn't bother commenting if I didn;t thin it was worthwhile at least in some small way.

Conley
07-08-2011, 10:00 AM

Lately I've been reading some more depressing material than usual. Then again, I guess I wouldn't bother commenting if I didn;t thin it was worthwhile at least in some small way.

Hey, you still care. That is great, and honestly probably better than 90% of the people out there...if you had given up you wouldn't have posted about it.

What have you been reading? Not that I want to be depressed...

Mister D
07-08-2011, 10:24 AM

Hey, you still care. That is great, and honestly probably better than 90% of the people out there...if you had given up you wouldn't have posted about it.

What have you been reading? Not that I want to be depressed...

Mostly essays on the modern world from a variety of perspectives. Some nationalist, some religious, sometimes both. I have been meaning to pick up some of Julius Evola's work. He is long dead but I find his thoughts on modernity interesting.

Conley
07-08-2011, 10:30 AM
cool, ty i will look him up and see if i can find anything online -- i do most of my reading there

Mister D
07-08-2011, 10:37 AM
cool, ty i will look him up and see if i can find anything online -- i do most of my reading there

I try to but I do enjoy shopping for books. 'Tis my vice. That and beer.

Conley
07-08-2011, 10:56 AM

I used to love books as a kid but now I think of them as almost obsolete...so big and heavy. I like to keep my material possessions to a minimum and would rather have them in digital format like a pdf. that is not to say i wouldn't still want a collection of the very best in traditional form, just that if it's a book i'm not going to reread or save i don't want to have it gathering dust on a bookshelf. there's nothing like curling up with a real book something to sip and a roaring fire...technology can't replace that

Mister D
07-08-2011, 11:06 AM

I used to love books as a kid but now I think of them as almost obsolete...so big and heavy. I like to keep my material possessions to a minimum and would rather have them in digital format like a pdf. that is not to say i wouldn't still want a collection of the very best in traditional form, just that if it's a book i'm not going to reread or save i don't want to have it gathering dust on a bookshelf. there's nothing like curling up with a real book something to sip and a roaring fire...technology can't replace that

I need to get with the times. ::) I agree that you can't replace the comforts of a good read in the living room. 8)

freecell
07-08-2011, 11:11 AM
Reading is relaxing.

MMC
07-08-2011, 11:17 AM
Reading is relaxing.

Not if you reading with a liberal elite in the same room..... >:D <evil-grin>

Conley
07-08-2011, 11:19 AM
Reading is relaxing.

yeah, i keep inviting George Soros to come over and visit but he never answers ;) he must know i'll have some tough questions for him :D

MMC
07-08-2011, 11:57 AM
Reading is relaxing.

yeah, i keep inviting George Soros to come over and visit but he never answers ;) he must know i'll have some tough questions for him :D

Aaaah......any ole 1960's professor From the Ivy league will do. ::)

Mister D
07-08-2011, 09:28 PM
I'm inspired now. Buying some Evola tomorrow.

GRUMPY
07-09-2011, 03:47 PM
this nation stands at a crossroads....we will embrace liberty and personal responsibility or we will embrace dependence and the status as yet another failed nanny state for ourselves and our posterity....the challenges before us are great but most certainly not insurmountable....unfortunately there appears no sense of urgency and no sense of obligation to those who will follow or even an awareness of the precipice at which we stand....rather i have read of the delusional belief that somehow this forum is accomplishing something by heightening awareness when in point of fact, inevitably every discussion spins into the vacant, irrational, irrelevant and juvenile....what will we tell our children and our children's children....how will we ever look at them with out a deep sense of shame for our having destroyed what was exceptional and shackling them to a diminished future....i can only assume that we are scattered far and wide but it appears that most of us tend to agree on some general principles....i propose that each of us draft a plan of action moving forward present these for review and critique....combine the best and take our arguments to the nation starting within ourselves, our homes, our schools and communities....i will wait to see if there is any degree of seriousness among us and withhold all commentary until that time....continuing of course to play mmc in chess as he is kicking my arse.....

boys, i understand that this is difficult for all of you and impossible for most of you but give in a shot....mmc, you do not answer a question by asking a question nor does one meet a challenge by saying well gee i double dog dare you....i would recommend that we or should i say you define the problem....

Mister D
07-09-2011, 04:10 PM

boys, i understand that this is difficult for all of you and impossible for most of you but give in a shot....mmc, you do not answer a question by asking a question nor does one meet a challenge by saying well gee i double dog dare you....i would recommend that we or should i say you define the problem....

It is quite difficult, Grumpy. I am giving it some thought.

GRUMPY
07-09-2011, 04:17 PM
thank you....remember none of the challenges faced today were brought to fruition overnight and that we are only powerless if we believe and perceive that we are without power....

MMC
07-09-2011, 05:50 PM
Well truthfully I was going after the World of Media.....he who controls the keys to Communications defiantely is listened to.

Sure I have told them(pols)giving them solutions. Republicans need to force out the Southern Cons or not so much force them out. But tell them to shut the fuck up with all that religious bullshit......(smack) what don't they get about separation of Church and State. Then get in line.

Republicans need to go after the latino vote. There is a lot of connections if done with some actualy intelligence. This you will not get with the Neo-Cons and that NWO bullshit. We have started. We picked Rubio in Florida and Maria Sanchez won the Governorship to N Mexico.

This is the move to make. Latinos believe in Life. Latinos are Catholic Christians. They believe in family. Also the ones that I have met that are small buisness owners. They are fiscally conservative. They work hard for their money so we can always be moving them into the middle clase and lower middle class. Meaning showing them they can attain this easily. Caucus them for their districts.

Another thing Republicans need to do is focus directly at taking California within the State government. Thus taking back the 8th largest economy in the world. Not only take it back but then hold it.....once we have Californification under control. Then Choose Illinois or New York. I would go with Illinois as the gateway of the Midwest. Also once we have California, thats when we tell the Neo-Cons to then Shut the fuck up with all that NWO bullshit. As we Republicans would control the 8th largest economy in the world. After 2-3 terms of Republicans we will be back in the black. With plenty of money to throw up against the Neo-Cons.

The platform is for the Republic and that which it stands. Sovereignty to the Country is Priority Number 1. Our policy is fair trade not free trade. Those wanting support by us with US Troops inside their Country. Now begins paying for that protection. 2. We do not share Our Military technology with anybody. 3. We break down our Embassies into regions for Centralized locations. Thus reducing the amount of little plots of US soil in other's Countries. Also Reducing the Amount of Marines to guard that piece of turf. Same thing for the Startegic Carrier Groups to located strategically across the globe to control all access and movement. Reducing Military and State Depts. I will start with this first.

I see no question here..... Do you? It is a start of an answer to your complex question, Grumpy.

GRUMPY
07-09-2011, 06:09 PM

I see no question here..... Do you? It is a start of an answer to your complex question, Grumpy.

then you see without vision and hear without listening.....forget republicans, forget we and start with you....

MMC
07-09-2011, 07:31 PM
Then Remove them terms my friend.....and Start with me Leading that way. ;)

GRUMPY
07-10-2011, 07:40 AM
Then Remove them terms my friend.....and Start with me Leading that way. ;)

son, you are not leading you are obfuscating and there is a difference.....again i know that this challenge is difficult....it is easy to speak in terms of them, they, we etc....begin with yourself, begin with an honest and searching moral inventory of ones self....

MMC
07-10-2011, 09:18 AM
I did grumpy.....I am going on If I was the one to Lead. As me being the Leader and it doesnt matter about no party. I am still working on the domestic side of things which is where there is even more confusion.