PDA

View Full Version : Opps .. someone spilled the beans and told the truth!

Cigar
05-01-2013, 02:24 PM
http://upload.democraticunderground.com/imgs/2013/130501-pat-toomey-reveals.jpg

Sen. Pat Toomey (R-Pa.) blamed partisan politics for the failure of his bipartisan push to expand background checks for gun sales. (Photo by Jeff Fusco/Getty Images)
Sen. Pat Toomey (R-Pa.) revealed that some members of his party opposed expanding background checks for gun sales recently because they didn't want to "be seen helping the president."

Two weeks ago, only three Republican senators voted for the bipartisan background checks amendment sponsored by Toomey and Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.), despite overwhelming popular support for such a measure.

"In the end it didn’t pass because we're so politicized. There were some on my side who did not want to be seen helping the president do something he wanted to get done, just because the president wanted to do it,” Toomey admitted on Tuesday in an interview with Digital First Media editors in the offices of the Times Herald newspaper in Norristown, Pa.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/01/pat-toomey-background-checks_n_3192690.html

Well we've known this since Inauguration Day 2009 ...

“there were some on my side who did not want to be seen helping the president do something he wanted to get done,...”

I've said this since day 1 ... if the President wasn't Black, there would not have been record filibusters.

nic34
05-01-2013, 02:27 PM
It's been a struggle, but somehow it's sinking in.....

Cigar
05-01-2013, 02:29 PM

Watch ... they'll rush in with the denials

Chris
05-01-2013, 02:36 PM
What's sinking in, that partisan politics is partisan. Oh, my.

Greenridgeman
05-01-2013, 02:38 PM

You mean politics is political?

Deep, man, real deep.

Ransom
05-01-2013, 03:38 PM
Gun control measures failed, his sequester idea a failure, his budget dead on Congressional arrival, Obamacare rollout a disaster.

He's a complete and utter failure.

Peter1469
05-01-2013, 03:42 PM
The senate is controlled by dems. If the dems senators wanted it to pass it would have.

nic34
05-01-2013, 03:48 PM
The senate is controlled by dems. If the dems senators wanted it to pass it would have.

except... dems does not equal liberal and liberal does not equal gun control....

Chris
05-01-2013, 03:50 PM
except... dems does not equal liberal and liberal does not equal gun control....

Just as reps don't mean conservative and conservative doesn't mean gun fanatic.

nic34
05-01-2013, 03:55 PM
Knew that, but yes, you're right.

Micketto
05-01-2013, 03:59 PM
So let me get this straight.... politics... are political ??!!?

And Obama can't do sht if the Right doesn't want him to ??

Thank you for pointing out the obvious !

Side bet:
$50 says tomorrow that Senator comes out.

Peter1469
05-01-2013, 04:01 PM
People in the senate voted the way they thought they needed to vote in order to get reelected. That is representative democracy.

Micketto
05-01-2013, 04:36 PM
People in the senate voted the way they thought they needed to vote in order to get reelected. That is representative democracy.

True on both sides of the aisle.... and shown on this gun vote by all the Dem senators of red states voting against it.

Greenridgeman
05-01-2013, 04:41 PM

The Dem put forth a bill that could not be passed, simply to say Republicans approve of the Sandy Hook Masscre et al, in the 2014 and 2016 elections.

Next, they will taunt the Reps with a free birth control for kindergartners bill, and the Reps will take the bait, hook, line and sinker, to the gut, fatally, again.

Peter1469
05-01-2013, 05:20 PM
The Dem put forth a bill that could not be passed, simply to say Republicans approve of the Sandy Hook Masscre et al, in the 2014 and 2016 elections.

Next, they will taunt the Reps with a free birth control for kindergartners bill, and the Reps will take the bait, hook, line and sinker, to the gut, fatally, again.

The Obama plan was that the bill pass the Senate (D controlled) and not pass the House (R controlled). The plan blew up on them.

Greenridgeman
05-01-2013, 05:22 PM
The Obama plan was that the bill pass the Senate (D controlled) and not pass the House (R controlled). The plan blew up on them.

Does that negate my statement they wanted it to fail in order to wave the bloody shirt in 2014 and 2016?

keymanjim
05-01-2013, 05:26 PM
I've said this since day 1 ... if the President wasn't Black, there would not have been record filibusters.
Kind of a stretch there skippy.
It could just be that they don't want to pass this because it's patently wrong and unconstitutional.
Just like everything obama does.

jillian
05-01-2013, 05:33 PM

really? funny... dems cooperated with baby bush... even when they shouldn't have.

maybe the obama deranged wingnuts need to get over it already

Private Pickle
05-01-2013, 05:36 PM
really? funny... dems cooperated with baby bush... even when they shouldn't have.

For example?

keymanjim
05-01-2013, 05:40 PM
For example?
She's going to say Iraq war. You know she will.

Greenridgeman
05-01-2013, 05:43 PM
She's going to say Iraq war. You know she will.

You mean that war where the dumbest son of a bitch to ever occupy the White House tricked the best and brightest minds the Democrats had ever elected to the Senate?

keymanjim
05-01-2013, 05:46 PM
You mean that war where the dumbest son of a bitch to ever occupy the White House tricked the best and brightest minds the Democrats had ever elected to the Senate?
Well, he was feeding them bad intel since about 8 years before he took office.

Common
05-01-2013, 06:09 PM

Oh you wouldnt know anything about being partisan such a balanced thinking person.

Common
05-01-2013, 06:11 PM
Just as reps don't mean conservative and conservative doesn't mean gun fanatic.

We agree there are conservatives then theres far right idiots and then theres gun fanatics

Chris
05-01-2013, 06:58 PM

maybe the obama deranged wingnuts need to get over it already

Because baby Bush was a liberal. NCLB--Kennedy's idea. Medicare Drug Bill--Kennedy's idea. On and on.

Now you might argue he was a neocon, but neocons are just liberals mugged by reality.

Chris
05-01-2013, 07:01 PM
We agree there are conservatives then theres far right idiots and then theres gun fanatics

Just as there are liberals and far left idiots and gun control fanatics.

Now we've gone full circle.

I think Micketto said it best: "So let me get this straight.... politics... are political ??!!?"

simpsonofpg
05-03-2013, 11:51 AM
Watch ... they'll rush in with the denials

No S*(( they will. Politicians do what ever the heck they want to and them deny they did it when they get cause. We voters are nuts because we keep electing them. Term limits is the answer.

Greenridgeman
05-03-2013, 11:53 AM
No S*(( they will. Politicians do what ever the heck they want to and them deny they did it when they get cause. We voters are nuts because we keep electing them. Term limits is the answer.

Term limits are a crutch for lazy voters, and only insure that we get a greater number of politicians voting themselves perks ordinary people never have.

Chris
05-03-2013, 12:15 PM
NOTA is the answer.

jillian
05-03-2013, 12:17 PM

actually, mitch mcconnell said it the day the president was elected.

Greenridgeman
05-03-2013, 12:21 PM
NOTA is the answer.

Stay at homers gave us the second Obama term.

Proud yet?

Chris
05-03-2013, 12:23 PM
Stay at homers gave us the second Obama term.

Proud yet?

NOTA is not not voting. Given a NOTA option I would vote.

Romney wasn't an alternative. I still remember his saying if elected he would help us. "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help." Ronald Reagan.

Greenridgeman
05-03-2013, 12:27 PM

Romney wasn't an alternative. I still remember his saying if elected he would help us. "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help." Ronald Reagan.

NOTA would only work if we had the power to have a new election if NOTA won.

Refusing to participate in the current system helps no ne.

I hope you and all other non-voters are enjoying this Obamanation.

jillian
05-03-2013, 12:29 PM

it was ridiculous when reagan said it. and it still is.

before social security more than 50% of all senior citizens lived in poverty.

before wage and hour laws, the poverty rate far exceeded where we are now.

before clean air and water laws, corporations dumped toxic waste into drinking supplies and caused cancer.

but please... continue to repeat the anti-gubmint thing... except, of course, when it comes to enforcing "morality".

today's libertarians would make barry goldwater turn over in his grave....

TheDictator
05-03-2013, 12:31 PM

In Texas, There are L, O, C, as well as the R and D.

nic34
05-03-2013, 12:31 PM
"You Can't Govern if You Don't Believe in Government"

Reagan, like Bush after him, failed to understand that when people come together into community, that they organize themselves to protect themselves from both human and corporate predators, domestic and foreign. This form of organization is called government.

Reagan/Bush ideologues don't "believe" in government, in anything other than a military and police capacity. Government should punish, they agree, but it should never nurture, protect, or defend individuals. Nurturing and protecting, they suggest, is the more appropriate role of religious institutions, private charities, families, and big corporations. - Thom Hartmann

Chris
05-03-2013, 12:33 PM

Exactly. It would be very costly. Once the parties were forced to go through it a couple times, they'd start to offer better candidates the first time.

Aha! BINGO!

I didn't enjoy Bush, don't enjoy Obama and wouldn't have enjoyed Romney.

Chris
05-03-2013, 12:37 PM

before social security more than 50% of all senior citizens lived in poverty.

before wage and hour laws, the poverty rate far exceeded where we are now.

before clean air and water laws, corporations dumped toxic waste into drinking supplies and caused cancer.

but please... continue to repeat the anti-gubmint thing... except, of course, when it comes to enforcing "morality".

today's libertarians would make barry goldwater turn over in his grave....

Why? Givernment has solved nothing but created only more problems.

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution, or that have failed their purpose, or that impose on the people an unwarranted financial burden. I will not attempt to discover whether legislation is "needed" before I have first determined whether it is constitutionally permissible. And if I should later be attacked for neglecting my constituents' "interests," I shall reply that I was informed that their main interest is liberty and that in that cause I am doing the very best I can.
~Goldwater, The Conscience of a Conservative

Chris
05-03-2013, 12:39 PM
In Texas, There are L, O, C, as well as the R and D.

Libertarian Party was OK till they went national.

Badnarik, now there was a libertarian!

Chris
05-03-2013, 12:40 PM
"You Can't Govern if You Don't Believe in Government"

Reagan, like Bush after him, failed to understand that when people come together into community, that they organize themselves to protect themselves from both human and corporate predators, domestic and foreign. This form of organization is called government.

Reagan/Bush ideologues don't "believe" in government, in anything other than a military and police capacity. Government should punish, they agree, but it should never nurture, protect, or defend individuals. Nurturing and protecting, they suggest, is the more appropriate role of religious institutions, private charities, families, and big corporations. - Thom Hartmann

Belief? Yes, belief. Liberals replaced God with the State. So did Hegel and the Fascists.

Greenridgeman
05-03-2013, 12:40 PM
Why? Givernment has solved nothing but created only more problems.

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution, or that have failed their purpose, or that impose on the people an unwarranted financial burden. I will not attempt to discover whether legislation is "needed" before I have first determined whether it is constitutionally permissible. And if I should later be attacked for neglecting my constituents' "interests," I shall reply that I was informed that their main interest is liberty and that in that cause I am doing the very best I can.
~Goldwater, The Conscience of a Conservative

American Idol Nation disagreed, and LBJ drubbed him

Then we went hard to the right under Tricky Dic.

Carter swung us back to the left, Daddy Bush to the right.

Clinton veered left again, Bush II to the right.

After Obama, I predict another hard right shift.

TheDictator
05-03-2013, 12:49 PM
Liberals believe they can build an Utopia. They will alway fail at doing this. But what else do they have, not God.

Chris
05-03-2013, 12:54 PM
American Idol Nation disagreed, and LBJ drubbed him

Then we went hard to the right under Tricky Dic.

Carter swung us back to the left, Daddy Bush to the right.

Clinton veered left again, Bush II to the right.

After Obama, I predict another hard right shift.

Not much to vote for in the entire pack. Why support the crony capitalistic duopoly?

http://i.snag.gy/eq09e.jpg

Chris
05-03-2013, 12:56 PM
Liberals believe they can build an Utopia. They will alway fail at doing this. But what else do they have, not God.

Liberals, following Hegel, have replace God with State.

"If men were angels, no government would be necessary. If angels were to govern men, neither external nor internal controls on government would be necessary."
~Madison

patrickt
05-03-2013, 02:09 PM
Someone told the truth. Who could that be? Well, we can start by eliminating who it couldn't possibly be. Couldn't be President Obama. He hasn't even told the truth about who he is. Couldn't be Cigar or his bunk buddy, Nic. Couldn't be Rep. Nancy Pelosi or Sen. Reid. Couldn't be Sen. Schumer or Rep. Waters. Oh, hell, it couldn't be any liberal Democrat. Couldn't be the White House spokesperson. Couldn't be anyone on MSNBC. Well, the list of those it couldn't possibly be is far too long. It would include every single dead person who voted in the last election, wouldn't it? Oh, that reminds me, it wouldn't be Sen. Clinton or AG Eric Holder.

President Richard Nixon was not a conservative. He would only be consider on the right by a Stalinist. He started Affirmative Action, wanted universal health care and settled for SSI Disability, wanted a "negative income tax". The only area he would be considered fairly conservative was in think you should pay your bills. That's not an idea that resonates with liberals.

President Carter was fairly liberal but was, in my opinion, too incompetent to go far to the left. He just sort of wandered around making a fool of himself. Sort of like Rep. Johnson from, oh, golly, Georgia.

simpsonofpg
05-05-2013, 11:48 AM
Gun control measures failed, his sequester idea a failure, his budget dead on Congressional arrival, Obamacare rollout a disaster.

He's a complete and utter failure.

Yes and he is running for a 3rd term as soon as he can find a way to circumvent the constitution. I think a dictatorship is still on the table. Spy on the population with the drones, track our calls with the gps and remove the guns so we can resist and bingo your in.