PDA

View Full Version : Report: Ted Cruz weighing W.H. run

Common
05-01-2013, 06:23 PM
I cant wait for the Primary Debates, Cruz, Rand Paul, Rubio, Christie, Michelle Bachman, Sarah Palin all saying the same thing.

The govt is taking our freedom, Drones are going to kill us, We have to stop spending we have to end social security, medicare, medicaid, food stamps and all other spending programs and give the top tax bracket a 90% tax cut to spur growth and assure prosperity for all americans.

Controversial freshman Sen. Ted Cruz is considering a 2016 presidential run, according to a report.
“Ted won’t be opening an Iowa office anytime soon, but he’s listening,” an anonymous longtime friend of Cruz’s told National Review (http://www.nationalreview.com/article/347052/cruz-2016). “This is all in the early stages; nothing is official. It’s just building on its own.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/05/ted-cruz-white-house-run-report-90823.html#ixzz2S5PeiEVa

Peter1469
05-01-2013, 06:26 PM
I cant wait for the Primary Debates, Cruz, Rand Paul, Rubio, Christie, Michelle Bachman, Sarah Palin all saying the same thing.

The govt is taking our freedom, Drones are going to kill us, We have to stop spending we have to end social security, medicare, medicaid, food stamps and all other spending programs and give the top tax bracket a 90% tax cut to spur growth and assure prosperity for all americans.

Controversial freshman Sen. Ted Cruz is considering a 2016 presidential run, according to a report.
“Ted won’t be opening an Iowa office anytime soon, but he’s listening,” an anonymous longtime friend of Cruz’s told National Review (http://www.nationalreview.com/article/347052/cruz-2016). “This is all in the early stages; nothing is official. It’s just building on its own.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/05/ted-cruz-white-house-run-report-90823.html#ixzz2S5PeiEVa

He should run for governor first and get executive experience.

Mainecoons
05-01-2013, 06:29 PM

Is this your platform, genius?

Or just more of your strawman BS.

Chris
05-01-2013, 06:30 PM

I can't wait till partisans make up caricatures to attack them with--oh, wait, it's already started.

Common
05-01-2013, 07:33 PM

Its the damn rigthists and whack job right wingers DE DRONES ARE COMING TO TAKE MY GUNS OMG OMG I need to buy more toilet paper. Thats your agenda genius not

[/I][/COLOR]

Common
05-01-2013, 07:36 PM
I can't wait till partisans make up caricatures to attack them with--oh, wait, it's already started.

No one need caricatures to attack those flaming Conspiratist idiots. Christie would be the best of the lot.
Cruz is a handjob who will be a fail, rand paul is going as far as daddy, michele bachman and Palin arent even worth a mention.
Ive finally had enough of the right wing whackness and snide comments from some of you. Now its going to be even steven. DE DRONES ARE COMING DA DEEEE DE DRONES ARE COMING DA DEEE dont worry rand all the legions of whack jobs that we created with our silly crap will come save you lol

jillian
05-01-2013, 07:46 PM

[/I][/COLOR]

there's nothing in there that doesn't accurately reflect the nutter's views.

your problem with that?

Chris
05-01-2013, 07:51 PM
No one need caricatures to attack those flaming Conspiratist idiots. Christie would be the best of the lot.
Cruz is a handjob who will be a fail, rand paul is going as far as daddy, michele bachman and Palin arent even worth a mention.
Ive finally had enough of the right wing whackness and snide comments from some of you. Now its going to be even steven. DE DRONES ARE COMING DA DEEEE DE DRONES ARE COMING DA DEEE dont worry rand all the legions of whack jobs that we created with our silly crap will come save you lol

You're getting more flamboyant with your caricatures. What do you want, 6, 7 points?

Greenridgeman
05-01-2013, 07:54 PM

The drones aren't coming, JEB is.

Bush 2016

"Because in your heart you know they are right."

jillian
05-01-2013, 07:56 PM
You're getting more flamboyant with your caricatures. What do you want, 6, 7 points?

what caricature?

Chris
05-01-2013, 07:58 PM
what caricature?

Common's. They're uncommonly good, don't you think.

jillian
05-01-2013, 08:03 PM
Common's. They're uncommonly good, don't you think.

yes... i think ted cruz is a great caricature of a senator.

Chris
05-01-2013, 08:10 PM
yes... i think ted cruz is a great caricature of a senator.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbK0C9AYMd8

Cigar
05-02-2013, 06:48 AM
Wow ... this is it?

This is what the GOP has to go up against Hillary or whoever the Democrats put up?

Great. :hello2:

nic34
05-02-2013, 09:52 AM
Jeb, Ted, and Christie....

Can't wait!

Chris
05-02-2013, 10:02 AM
Hillary. :grin:

Greenridgeman
05-02-2013, 10:22 AM

Will Her Wideness run on her excellent handling of Benghazi?

Chris
05-02-2013, 11:06 AM
Will Her Wideness run on her excellent handling of Benghazi?

Hillary "What difference at this point does it make?" Clinton

Cigar
05-02-2013, 11:08 AM

Between Jeb, Ted, and Christie ... one has been a First Lady, Senator and Secretary of State ... :)

Cigar
05-02-2013, 11:09 AM
Hillary "What difference at this point does it make?" Clinton

Obviously a Clinton knows how to balance a budget if you just get out of the way.

Chris
05-02-2013, 11:10 AM
Between Jeb, Ted, and Christie ... one has been a First Lady, Senator and Secretary of State ... :)

I wouldn't vote for any of the four you just listed.

nic34
05-02-2013, 11:17 AM
We know chris doesn't vote. What's new?

Chris
05-02-2013, 11:46 AM
We know chris doesn't vote. What's new?

I would for a good candidate. I voted for Palin.

TheDictator
05-02-2013, 03:01 PM
Obviously a Clinton knows how to balance a budget if you just get out of the way.

No a Republican Congress forced a Clinton to balance a budget.

TheDictator
05-02-2013, 03:04 PM

That meansyou had to vote for McCain too, That's ok I did to, still have a bad taste in my mouth.

Chris
05-02-2013, 03:08 PM
That meansyou had to vote for McCain too, That's ok I did to, still have a bad taste in my mouth.

Yes, regrettably.

Bigred1cav
05-02-2013, 03:25 PM
Goody goody goody, any of those you named will be trounced by any Democrat. The USA is not a country of mouth breathing hillbillies and gun loving militia afraid to serve in military but want to kill a negro dummies.

nic34
05-02-2013, 04:44 PM

Oh MY GOD!

jillian
05-02-2013, 04:46 PM

so you like stupid politicians who do nothing but rant

explains a lot.

nic34
05-02-2013, 05:03 PM

explains a lot.

I thought he was smarter than that.... blows my mind. :loco:

jillian
05-02-2013, 05:07 PM

the anti-gubmint types really don't care who is in government because they want government to fail. the more incompetent the people who manage government, the happier they are.

palin shouldn't even be allowed near the white house for a tour, much less allowing her anywhere near the oval office.

Chris
05-02-2013, 05:09 PM
Goody goody goody, any of those you named will be trounced by any Democrat. The USA is not a country of mouth breathing hillbillies and gun loving militia afraid to serve in military but want to kill a negro dummies.

Nice racist remark, red.

Chris
05-02-2013, 05:09 PM
Oh MY GOD!

Palin's not God, nic.

Chris
05-02-2013, 05:11 PM

explains a lot.

No, I like people who can articulate the basics of the tea party movement: less taxes, smaller government, and more liberty. See, I listen to a person's principles and proposed policies, to their arguments, I avoid ad hom like you just engaged in.

Chris
05-02-2013, 05:12 PM

Or ad hom like this.

Chris
05-02-2013, 05:14 PM
the anti-gubmint types really don't care who is in government because they want government to fail. the more incompetent the people who manage government, the happier they are.

palin shouldn't even be allowed near the white house for a tour, much less allowing her anywhere near the oval office.

Nice straw man. Ad hom, straw men. Say something rational, please.

What are you afraid of? Society? Yourself?

jillian
05-02-2013, 05:21 PM
No, I like people who can articulate the basics of the tea party movement: less taxes, smaller government, and more liberty. See, I listen to a person's principles and proposed policies, to their arguments, I avoid ad hom like you just engaged in.

she can't articulate anything but ignorant rants.

nic34
05-02-2013, 05:22 PM

Articulate and Palin should not appear in the same sentence. WOW.

Chris
05-02-2013, 05:25 PM

I see you have no rational counter to what she said during the election. You're pretty much just shadow boxing.

Chris
05-02-2013, 05:26 PM
Articulate and Palin should not appear in the same sentence. WOW.

More ad hom. Speaking of inarticulate illogical nonsense.

jillian
05-02-2013, 06:05 PM
Nice racist remark, red.

it isn't racist to call people on their racism.

jillian
05-02-2013, 06:05 PM
More ad hom. Speaking of inarticulate illogical nonsense.

from the person who thought it was ok to call the president a terrorist?

lol.. you're funny.

and no, articulate and palin don't belong in the same sentence...

Chris
05-02-2013, 06:08 PM
it isn't racist to call people on their racism.

It's racist to make it up, playing the race card like that is the worst type of racism.

Chris
05-02-2013, 06:10 PM
from the person who thought it was ok to call the president a terrorist?

lol.. you're funny.

and no, articulate and palin don't belong in the same sentence...

More inarticulate illogical nonsense. I can at least articulate what I think and why based on what they say and do, not merely call names and attack personally.

Greenridgeman
05-02-2013, 06:22 PM
I see you have no rational counter to what she said during the election. You're pretty much just shadow boxing.

Palin doesn't sit on the internet all day making catty unpunctuated utterances.

Sarah Palin has a life, and, money!

Chris
05-02-2013, 06:33 PM
Rabitty.

Greenridgeman
05-02-2013, 06:36 PM
Rabitty.

Ratty

TheDictator
05-03-2013, 08:34 AM

Just like Obama, he get the most ignorant President Award, or should that be most incompetent. Oh Both, give him two awards.

simpsonofpg
05-03-2013, 11:48 AM
I bet he wil and he is not a bad choice, he is pro american and I like that in an American, I haven't seen it in 6 years

TheDictator
05-03-2013, 12:32 PM
I bet he wil and he is not a bad choice, he is pro american and I like that in an American, I haven't seen it in 6 years

Who?

bladimz
05-03-2013, 03:21 PM
Um, Teddy Cruz was birthed in Calgary, Canada. Was not born in America. Is not available to serve our great nation as President... Such a heart-breaker.

nic34
05-03-2013, 03:34 PM
HOWEVER.......

Yes, Ted Cruz Can Be Born in Canada and Still Become President of the U.S.

But what won't prevent Cruz from becoming president is his place of birth. Cruz was born in Calgary, Canada, while his parents were living there. His father is now an American citizen, but was not at the time; his mother, however, was born in the United States.

Helpfully, the Congressional Research Service gathered all of the information relevant to Cruz's case a few years ago, at the height (nadir?) of Obama birtherism. In short, the Constitution says that the president must be a natural-born citizen. "The weight of scholarly legal and historical opinion appears to support the notion that 'natural born Citizen' means one who is entitled under the Constitution or laws of the United States to U.S. citizenship 'at birth' or 'by birth,' including any child born 'in' the United States, the children of United States citizens born abroad, and those born abroad of one citizen parents who has met U.S. residency requirements," the CRS's Jack Maskell wrote. So in short: Cruz is a citizen; Cruz is not naturalized; therefore Cruz is a natural-born citizen, and in any case his mother is a citizen.

This isn't the first time someone has questioned a candidate's citizenship -- and not just on bogus, Kenyan grounds. There were questions about John McCain's citizenship, because he was born in the Panama Canal Zone when his father was stationed there in the Navy. George Romney was born in Mexico to American parents, but faced no serious challenges to his bona fides in his 1968 run for the GOP nomination, though a few diehards even questioned his son Mitt's qualifications in 2012.

There are birthers for prospective 2012 Republican candidates Marco Rubio and Bobby Jindal, too. On the Democratic side, there's no ground for any questions about Hillary Clinton or Martin O'Malley. New York Governor Andrew Cuomo is lucky to have been born in the New York borough of Queens, rather than an adjoining borough; everyone knows Manhattan isn't real America, either.

Still, questioning candidates' Americanism is a veritable trend -- and it's one that the nation could stand to leave behind. While there are more immigrants in absolute numbers in the U.S. than ever before, immigrants actually make up a smaller share of the U.S. population than during the 1890-1920 immigration wave, Pew points out. Few questions arose about presidential candidates' citizenship in those days for a simple reason: They were all old white Protestant men.*

The greater diversity of candidates in both parties, reflecting more political buy-in across the ethnic spectrum, should be cause for celebration. With non-Hispanic whites making up an ever-smaller portion of the population, perhaps these birther flare-ups are the death rattle of nativism.
http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2013/05/yes-ted-cruz-can-be-born-in-canada-and-still-become-president-of-the-us/275469/

bladimz
05-03-2013, 05:09 PM
Wow! How quickly things change. Obama, born in Hawaii, by an american citizen... his qualifications were constantly under attack. Now you don't even have to be born in the United States...

http://gifs.gifbin.com/g600616996.gif

jillian
05-03-2013, 05:10 PM
Um, Teddy Cruz was birthed in Calgary, Canada. Was not born in America. Is not available to serve our great nation as President... Such a heart-breaker.

that's funny.