PDA

View Full Version : Senate Votes To Let Military Detain Americans Indefinitely, White House Threatens Vet

jgreer
11-30-2011, 12:42 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/29/senate-votes-to-let-military-detain-americans-indefinitely_n_1119473.html?ref=divorce&ir=Divorce&utm_source=pulse&utm_medium=direct

This is wacko! Thank god for Obama! We have no rights anymore this country is a military police state.

Mister D
11-30-2011, 12:44 PM
It's a Democratic Senate, Greer. :laugh:

Conley
11-30-2011, 12:57 PM
Doh! Anyway, I thought we already said enemy combatants can be held indefinitely, and Americans can be enemy combatants, so what is the landmark finding here? American citizens can be targeted for killing also as we saw a few months ago.

Mister D
11-30-2011, 01:03 PM
If you are against that, fine. Don't try to make it into a paertisan issue. It wuld never have passed the Senate with bipartisan support.

Funny, the article quotes Rand Paul as being a primary opponent.

jgreer
11-30-2011, 01:12 PM
If you are against that, fine. Don't try to make it into a paertisan issue. It wuld never have passed the Senate with bipartisan support.

Funny, the article quotes Rand Paul as being a primary opponent.

I dind't make it partisan you did. I never mentioned republicans in my post.

Mister D
11-30-2011, 01:30 PM
I dind't make it partisan you did. I never mentioned republicans in my post.

So I guess when you say, "Vote Democrat Like Your Life Depends On It - It Does!!" you're just appealing ot our sense or irony?

Anyway, I'd rather have the legislative branch decide these things rather than the executive.

Conley
11-30-2011, 02:11 PM
Sometimes I feel badly for laughing at these verbal beat downs, but they're so hilarious! :laugh: