PDA

View Full Version : Gun Protesters Plan March On Washington With Loaded Rifles

Cigar
05-06-2013, 12:01 PM
Gun Protesters Plan March On Washington With Loaded Rifles To ‘Put The Government On Notice’Almost 900 people are RSVPed for a July 4th march on Washington, D.C. where protesters plan to carry loaded rifles. In D.C., openly carrying guns is against the law. But the organizer of the event, libertarian radio host Adam Kokesh, says the march is an act of “civil disobedience” that attempts to prove gun advocates’ point in the “SUBTLEST way possible.”

The event’s Facebook invitation describes the march as a nonviolent demonstration, “unless the government chooses to make it violent”:

This is an act of civil disobedience, not a permitted event. We will march with rifles loaded & slung across our backs to put the government on notice that we will not be intimidated & cower in submission to tyranny. We are marching to mark the high water mark of government & to turn the tide. This will be a non-violent event, unless the government chooses to make it violent. Should we meet physical resistance, we will peacefully turn back, having shown that free people are not welcome in Washington, & returning with the resolve that the politicians, bureaucrats, & enforcers of the federal government will not be welcome in the land of the free.

There’s a remote chance that there will be violence as there has been from government before, and I think it should be clear that if anyone involved in this event is approached respectfully by agents of the state, they will submit to arrest without resisting. We are truly saying in the SUBTLEST way possible that we would rather die on our feet than live on our knees.

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2013/05/05/1965191/open-carry-washington-march/

What could possibly go wrong :grin:

Private Pickle
05-06-2013, 12:18 PM
Gun Protesters Plan March On Washington With Loaded Rifles To ‘Put The Government On Notice’

Almost 900 people are RSVPed for a July 4th march on Washington, D.C. where protesters plan to carry loaded rifles. In D.C., openly carrying guns is against the law. But the organizer of the event, libertarian radio host Adam Kokesh, says the march is an act of “civil disobedience” that attempts to prove gun advocates’ point in the “SUBTLEST way possible.”

The event’s Facebook invitation describes the march as a nonviolent demonstration, “unless the government chooses to make it violent”:

This is an act of civil disobedience, not a permitted event. We will march with rifles loaded & slung across our backs to put the government on notice that we will not be intimidated & cower in submission to tyranny. We are marching to mark the high water mark of government & to turn the tide. This will be a non-violent event, unless the government chooses to make it violent. Should we meet physical resistance, we will peacefully turn back, having shown that free people are not welcome in Washington, & returning with the resolve that the politicians, bureaucrats, & enforcers of the federal government will not be welcome in the land of the free.

There’s a remote chance that there will be violence as there has been from government before, and I think it should be clear that if anyone involved in this event is approached respectfully by agents of the state, they will submit to arrest without resisting. We are truly saying in the SUBTLEST way possible that we would rather die on our feet than live on our knees.

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2013/05/05/1965191/open-carry-washington-march/

Well the government could potentially repress more Constitutional rights with the help from the very citizens who will lose those rights...

Cigar
05-06-2013, 12:21 PM
Well the government could potentially repress more Constitutional rights with the help from the very citizens who will lose those rights...

Put those Big Balls to some real use ... why not march on the South Side of Chicago? :laugh:

Private Pickle
05-06-2013, 12:24 PM
Put those Big Balls to some real use ... why not march on the South Side of Chicago? :laugh:

Why? They seem to be doing just fine killing each other already...which is what you really want anyway... ;)

Cigar
05-06-2013, 12:56 PM
Why? They seem to be doing just fine killing each other already...which is what you really want anyway... ;)

I figure you boys are so concerned you'd put your Guns where your mouths are ... but we know that will never happen. :grin:

Kalkin
05-06-2013, 01:03 PM
Because the south side of Chicago isn't attempting to rewrite the Constitution. Duh.

Private Pickle
05-06-2013, 01:03 PM
I figure you boys are so concerned you'd put your Guns where your mouths are ... but we know that will never happen. :grin:

I have no idea what you're talking about... If gangbangers wanna shoot themselves then it's a problem for the police...not me...

darroll
05-06-2013, 01:04 PM
This could get interesting.

Cigar
05-06-2013, 01:09 PM
This could get interesting.

Based on history ... I doubt it.

But if she shows up, now that's interesting set of TaTa's :)

http://fromthetrenchesworldreport.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/protest.jpg

Cigar
05-06-2013, 01:11 PM
Because the south side of Chicago isn't attempting to rewrite the Constitution. Duh.

Just so there's no misunderstanding ... can you please point out the exact bill that is re-writing the Constitution?

Private Pickle
05-06-2013, 01:22 PM
Just so there's no misunderstanding ... can you please point out the exact bill that is re-writing the Constitution?

Define "infringed".

Cigar
05-06-2013, 01:23 PM
Define "infringed".

Having to keep the Vette under 55 MPH :angry:

Private Pickle
05-06-2013, 01:24 PM

This is a good example of someone burying their head in the sand and laughing while losing their own rights. Pretty sad really.

Kalkin
05-06-2013, 01:49 PM
Circumventing is a better term, but you get the gist of it.

Kalkin
05-06-2013, 01:50 PM
Does the constitution mention the people's right to travel above 55 mph?

Cigar
05-06-2013, 01:52 PM
Does the constitution mention the people's right to travel above 55 mph?

Does the constitution mention the people's right to anything other than a musket? :tongue:

Private Pickle
05-06-2013, 01:56 PM
Does the constitution mention the people's right to anything other than a musket? :tongue:

Yes. As a matter of fact, musket isn't mentioned in the Constitution at all.

Cigar
05-06-2013, 02:01 PM
Yes. As a matter of fact, musket isn't mentioned in the Constitution at all.

Neither is the AR-x :laugh:

You're leaning ... slowly

Mister D
05-06-2013, 02:03 PM

You don't own a vette.

Mister D
05-06-2013, 02:03 PM

Over your battered carcass? :laugh:

Private Pickle
05-06-2013, 02:05 PM

Ummm...The only thing I've learned is that you have a reading comprehension issue.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

You must think "arms" = 2588

Kalkin
05-06-2013, 02:24 PM
Yes, as a matter of fact, it uses the generalized term of "arms". It doesn't mention muskets at all.

BB-35
05-06-2013, 02:29 PM

ARMS are,chumley.....that includes ar's

Cigar
05-06-2013, 02:31 PM
ARMS are,chumley.....that includes ar's

No it doesn't sport ... you'll see ... sooner or later you're hands will get cold :)

Private Pickle
05-06-2013, 02:34 PM
No it doesn't sport ... you'll see ... sooner or later you're hands will get cold :)

BB-35
05-06-2013, 02:36 PM

Right to bear ARMS,scooter....firearms by definition....

Kalkin
05-06-2013, 03:42 PM
If ar15s aren't arms, why are they used by armed forces?

nic34
05-06-2013, 03:53 PM
I'm honestly astonished that people who pull shit like this are blissfully unaware that they are doing quite literally nothing to help their cause.

All this does is reinforce negative stereotypes about gun enthusiasts.

Private Pickle
05-06-2013, 03:56 PM
I'm honestly astonished that people who pull shit like this are blissfully unaware that they are doing quite literally nothing to help their cause.

Maybe for people like you who have a negative viewpoint created by stereotypes of gun enthusiasts.

To me I see people exercising their 1st Amendment rights...you know...all that "shit" they are pulling... We need more people like this.

nic34
05-06-2013, 04:00 PM
Maybe for people like you who have a negative viewpoint created by stereotypes of gun enthusiasts.

To me I see people exercising their 1st Amendment rights...you know...all that "shit" they are pulling... We need more people like this.

You are being myopic because of your bias. The majority of people seeing this on the news will see it as gun nuttery.... but do go on with your delusions....

Agravan
05-06-2013, 04:18 PM
It doesn't mention the internet, TV or radio either, does that mean that none of these are included in "Freedom of the Press"?

roadmaster
05-06-2013, 04:19 PM
Well I guess it's time. I stand behind them.

Ivan88
05-06-2013, 04:26 PM
They will be targets for Al CIAda snipers as happened in Syria.

JimH52
05-06-2013, 06:02 PM
Gun Protesters Plan March On Washington With Loaded Rifles To ‘Put The Government On Notice’

Almost 900 people are RSVPed for a July 4th march on Washington, D.C. where protesters plan to carry loaded rifles. In D.C., openly carrying guns is against the law. But the organizer of the event, libertarian radio host Adam Kokesh, says the march is an act of “civil disobedience” that attempts to prove gun advocates’ point in the “SUBTLEST way possible.”

I certainly hope they do. Then they can spend the night in jail.

simpsonofpg
05-06-2013, 06:06 PM
This is a plan for disaster. We don't need marches with guns. If I was a terrorist I could really make a big deal out of this stupidity. I love my guns and I hunt and I target shot but I don't march down the street with them. The kind of people this will attract are not on the high side of the intelligence scale.

zelmo1234
05-06-2013, 07:53 PM
Based on history ... I doubt it.

But if she shows up, now that's interesting set of TaTa's :)

http://fromthetrenchesworldreport.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/protest.jpg

Now you black guys are always keepoing an eye on the white chicks? Whats up :)

zelmo1234
05-06-2013, 07:55 PM

YES it talks about the right to bear arms? It never mentions muskets!

zelmo1234
05-06-2013, 07:57 PM

But both are Arms? and the right to keep and bear arms shal not be infringed

You are not learning at all!

zelmo1234
05-06-2013, 08:02 PM

You know logical people that see that ever since we ahve started to let citizens carry guns, and the assualt weapons ban is gone, the violent crime rate is going down,a dn even the murder rate is dropping!

The only areas that are not experencing this safty are the gun free zones

Private Pickle
05-06-2013, 08:04 PM
This is a plan for disaster. We don't need marches with guns. If I was a terrorist I could really make a big deal out of this stupidity. I love my guns and I hunt and I target shot but I don't march down the street with them. The kind of people this will attract are not on the high side of the intelligence scale.

LOL Well hold on a second. A terrorist could also prove a lot of people's point.

Let's imagine a terrorist showing up to a gun rally and getting wacked out by 80 protesters. It could go well!

:smiley-char092:

BB-35
05-06-2013, 08:05 PM

Only to those that adhere to said 'stereotypes'.

BB-35
05-06-2013, 08:09 PM
You are being myopic because of your bias.

And you're NOT?

The majority of people seeing this on the news will see it as gun nuttery.... but do go on with your delusions....

Speaking for the so called '90%' again?

Kalkin
05-07-2013, 10:28 AM
And you're NOT?

Speaking for the so called '90%' again?

Liberals can only comprehend right or wrong from the perspective of the collective.

nic34
05-07-2013, 10:34 AM
Hate to break it to you, but most folks don't own guns. So when insecure manboys show up at a "protest" fully armed, the rest of the country looks at them as "nuts".

Survey data shows self-reported gun ownership peaked at 53 percent in 1973 before seeing a fairly steady decline to 32 percent in 2010, the most recent year available. He cautioned singling any one year out, saying the numbers are better judged in the context of a whole: the 1970s averaged about 50 percent, the 1980s averaged 48 percent, the 1990s at 43 percent and 35 percent in the 2000s.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/03/19/how-many-people-own-guns-in-america-and-is-gun-ownership-actually-declining/

Mister D
05-07-2013, 10:39 AM
Hate to break it to you, but most folks don't own guns. So when insecure manboys show up at a "protest" fully armed, the rest of the country looks at them as "nuts".

Survey data shows self-reported gun ownership peaked at 53 percent in 1973 before seeing a fairly steady decline to 32 percent in 2010, the most recent year available. He cautioned singling any one year out, saying the numbers are better judged in the context of a whole: the 1970s averaged about 50 percent, the 1980s averaged 48 percent, the 1990s at 43 percent and 35 percent in the 2000s.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/03/19/how-many-people-own-guns-in-america-and-is-gun-ownership-actually-declining/

Hmmm...sounds to me like it's simply a matter of Mexicans and other migrants not owning guns.

BillyBob
05-07-2013, 10:56 AM

Any law that prohibits an American citizen from carrying a gun is unConstitutional.

Kalkin
05-07-2013, 10:59 AM

"Self-reported"? Lol. You've got to be kidding using that as a viable statistic. The larger and more imposing the State becomes, the less "self-reporting" you will see.

Mister D
05-07-2013, 11:03 AM
"Self-reported"? Lol. You've got to be kidding using that as a viable statistic. The larger and more imposing the State becomes, the less "self-reporting" you will see.

Yeah, right? As if people have become more not less inclined to tell the truth.