PDA

View Full Version : Election over, Media can now be honest....

Micketto
05-06-2013, 12:07 PM
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-3460_162-57582939/face-the-nation-transcripts-may-5-2013-benghazi-and-gay-athletes-issa-rogers-ruppersberger/

Now that the election is long over... the media feel they should finally live up to their responsibilities.

Why is it the liberal media is finally talking about these things that FOX News has discussed since day 1 ?
Why are they so protective of Obama and his administration ?

The Libyan President TOLD us it was a terrorist attack, yet the President and his spokesperson went on for 2 weeks claiming it was a video protest.

The FBI wasn't allowed access to the scene because our admin LIED about info they claimed they didn't have... but did.
And embarrassing the Libyan President.

This where Cigar says "so what, he's black and he won! :)" and the other liberals stay silent.

Cigar
05-06-2013, 12:17 PM
George W Bush

Colin Powell 2001 through 2005
Condoleezza Rice 2005 through 2009

2001 New York, United States = 2958 Killed
2002 US Consulate in Pakistan = 10 Killed
2004 Embassy on Uzberkistan = 2 Killed
2004 US Consulate in Saudi Arabia = 8 Killed
2006 US Consulate in Syria = 1 Killed
2008 Embassy in Yemen = 10 Killed

Total = 2989

Barack Obama

Hilary Clinton

2012 US US Consulate in Benghazi = 4 Killed

patrickt
05-06-2013, 12:38 PM
Still can't talk about Benghazi, can you, Cigar. Distract, distract, distract. Of course, now that you have to live with the nitwit in the White House it isn't so much fun, is it?

The media is not living up to their responsibilities and won't. They have to support President Obama and Sec. of State Clinton no matter what they do. If the media doesn't get on board now they won't be there to cover up for President Obama and Sec. Clinton. It's rather like Dr. Kermit Gosnell. After months of ignoring the story suddenly they feel compelled to cover for him, too. Remember Sen. Edwards where all of the liberal media was scooped by the National Enquirer. Of course, they weren't scooped they just refused to write about the story. They even admitted they wrote about rumors of Sen. McCain having a girlfriend and ignored clear evidence--a baby--that Sen. Edwards did.

The liberal media is beyond hope, help, or redemption. Dan Rather is the poster boy for liberal journalistic ethics.

Cigar
05-06-2013, 12:42 PM
Still can't talk about Benghazi, can you, Cigar. Distract, distract, distract. Of course, now that you have to live with the nitwit in the White House it isn't so much fun, is it?

You're doing enough talking ... what do you need me for?

Besides ... you're the one bitching, not me ... right?

Mister D
05-06-2013, 12:45 PM

You can only bitch on your lunch break now. :laugh:

Micketto

Shoe shines.

Mister D
Oh no! He went there. :grin:

Micketto
05-06-2013, 12:47 PM

The media is not living up to their responsibilities and won't. They have to support President Obama and Sec. of State Clinton no matter what they do. If the media doesn't get on board now they won't be there to cover up for President Obama and Sec. Clinton. It's rather like Dr. Kermit Gosnell. After months of ignoring the story suddenly they feel compelled to cover for him, too. Remember Sen. Edwards where all of the liberal media was scooped by the National Enquirer. Of course, they weren't scooped they just refused to write about the story. They even admitted they wrote about rumors of Sen. McCain having a girlfriend and ignored clear evidence--a baby--that Sen. Edwards did.

The liberal media is beyond hope, help, or redemption. Dan Rather is the poster boy for liberal journalistic ethics.

Absolutely.

I can't help but wonder why covering up for failures, murders and corruption are more important than journalistic integrity and credibility.

Unless it's that they know their left-wing viewers just don't care about any of that.

Micketto
05-06-2013, 12:48 PM
Oh no! He went there. :grin:

Lol...
Well I have to give Cigar something to live for today.

No question in my mind there is nothing else.

nic34
05-06-2013, 12:49 PM

Well, see, according to you political Troglodytes, every crisis is either Obama's "Katrina" or Obama's "9/11". If you add them all together, then they're almost as bad as the real ones under G.W. Numbnuts.

Cigar
05-06-2013, 12:50 PM
Shoe shines.

Gladly ... assume the position sport :grin:

http://fellowshipofminds.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/kick_butt_kicking.png

Cigar
05-06-2013, 12:51 PM
Well, see, according to you political Troglodytes, every crisis is either Obama's "Katrina" or Obama's "9/11". If you add them all together, then they're almost as bad as the real ones under G.W. Numbnuts.

:greatjob:

Micketto
05-06-2013, 12:52 PM

I haven't seen anyone make those comments about anything.

(Advice: It's better to use that against peoples' actual words than to set up your own punchline.)

Cigar
05-06-2013, 12:54 PM
Lol...
Well I have to give Cigar something to live for today.

No question in my mind there is nothing else.

Is that you I see in the back row ... :grin:

http://ts2.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4655762714068989&pid=1.7

junie
05-06-2013, 12:56 PM

all the partisan dummies have been parroting this dishonest narrative about benghazi, as if the US government tried to cover anything up there...

what a joke... i'm sure the america hating terrorists find such idiocy very useful, though...

Micketto
05-06-2013, 01:08 PM
all the partisan dummies have been parroting this dishonest narrative about benghazi, as if the US government tried to cover anything up there...

what a joke... i'm sure the america hating terrorists find such idiocy very useful, though...

I usually ignore your stupidity but today I'll point it out....

The President said for 2 weeks that the attack was due to a video protest.
Then when called on it said "uh.. I called it an act of terror the next day!!".
He was warned ahead of time, and was told by the Libyan President that it was a terrorist attack.

Why did he lie about it then?

Since it wasn't to cover anything up, according to you... the government insider that you are.

ffs...

Micketto
05-06-2013, 01:09 PM
Is that you I see in the back row ... :grin:

http://ts2.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4655762714068989&pid=1.7

That photo means nothing to me. No idea what you're trying to say.

But since this isn't a black/white issue... why are you even posting ?

Don't you have race cards to throw around somewhere else ?

junie
05-06-2013, 01:09 PM
not knowing whether or how spontaneous the event was, does not constitute characterizing whether or not it was an act of terror. in fact, no official claimed it was not an act of terror, and there was no actual lie except by those confused partisans who repeated the dishonest narrative that there was a lie. people claim the US Ambassador to the UN's comments were A LIE, but they were not...

you can not show any lie where any official claimed it was not an act of terror. claiming that an event was related to something or perhaps precipitated by something, does not mean the event is not also characterized, or characterizable, as an act of terror at the same time. go ahead and post the big lie where anyone claimed it was not an act of terror.

hint: links to news stories (mis)characterizing the imaginary lie do not count...

Sep 16, 2012

U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Susan Rice said “Our current best assessment, based on the information that we have at present, is that, in fact, what this began as, it was a spontaneous – not a premeditated – response to what had transpired in Cairo,” Rice told me this morning on “This Week.”

“In Cairo, as you know, a few hours earlier, there was a violent protest that was undertaken in reaction to this very offensive video that was disseminated,[/COLOR]” Rice said, referring to protests in Egypt Tuesday over a film that depicts the Prophet Muhammad as a fraud. Protesters in Cairo breached the walls of the U.S. Embassy, tearing apart an American flag.

“We believe that folks in Benghazi, a small number of people came to the embassy to – or to the consulate, rather, to replicate the sort of challenge that was posed in Cairo,” Rice said. “And then as that unfolded, it seems to have been hijacked, let us say, by some individual clusters of extremists who came with heavier weapons… And it then evolved from there.”

Ambassador Christopher Stevens, along with three other Americans, were killed in Libya following the assault on the American consulate in Benghazi, on the 11th anniversary of the Sept. 11 attacks. Rice said the FBI is examining the attack, saying their investigation “will tell us with certainty what transpired.”

But Rice said there was a “substantial security presence” at the consulate in Benghazi, noting that two of the four Americans killed there were providing security.

“We certainly are aware that Libya is a place where there have been increasingly some violent incidents,” Rice said. “The security personnel that the State Department thought were required were in place… It obviously didn’t prove sufficient to the – the nature of the attack and sufficient in that – in that moment.”

Ambassador Susan Rice: Libya Attack Not Premeditated - ABC News (http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/09/ambassador-susan-rice-libya-attack-not-premeditated/)

junie
05-06-2013, 01:18 PM
September 12, 2012 | 11:31 a.m.

Below is a statement released by the State Department from Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton on the killing of U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans in Benghazi, Libya.

This is an attack that should shock the conscience of people of all faiths around the world. We condemn in the strongest terms this senseless act of violence, and we send our prayers to the families, friends, and colleagues of those we’ve lost.

Hillary Clinton's Statement on the Attack in Libya - NationalJournal.com (http://www.nationaljournal.com/nationalsecurity/hillary-clinton-s-statement-on-the-attack-in-libya-20120912)

Cigar
05-06-2013, 01:20 PM
Fox News chief ordered Geraldo Rivera’s mic cut for defending Obama on Benghazi
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/rogerailesfox-afp-615x345.jpg

A new report says that Fox News President Roger Ailes ordered the Fox News control room to cut host Geraldo Rivera’s mic just two days before November’s election because he was defending President Barack Obama against the network’s “misinformation” about terrorist attacks in Benghazi.

The New York Times reported on Monday that Bloomberg View columnist Jonathan Alter’s new book, “The Center Holds: Obama and His Enemies,” is expected to tell a story about how Fox News tried to use the Benghazi attacks to prevent Obama’s re-election.

“Roger Ailes covered the Benghazi story as if it were Watergate just before Nixon’s resignation, with almost wall-to-wall coverage,” Alter wrote, noting that Rivera was the only host “allowed to offer a dissenting view.”

But Rivera apparently went too far during his Nov. 2 appearance on Fox & Friends when he accused guest host Eric Bolling of telling a “lie” by suggesting that the president “went gambling in Las Vegas when he could have been saving our people in Benghazi.”

Read more: http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/05/06/fox-news-chief-ordered-geraldo-riveras-mic-cut-for-defending-obama-on-benghazi-report/?utm_source=Raw+Story+Daily+Update&utm_campaign=6baf298aa6-5_6_20135_6_2013&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_1b6404e40c-6baf298aa6-

Micketto
05-06-2013, 01:25 PM
None of that means anything because we all KNOW they were alerted ahead of time, by Ambassador Stevens himself.

I never said they claimed it wasn't an "act of terror". Of course it was an "act of terror"... because people got murdered and dragged around the city. Oops.... dragged around the city and THEN murdered. My bad. That is "terrorizing".

But instead of telling the public it was actual "terrorism" and not just "an act of terror"... he decided to blame a protest.

The jaunt off to Vegas for some more campaigning.

They failed... and tried to hide it until after the election. Keep watching the news. Even the liberal media stopped holding it in.

Cigar
05-06-2013, 01:30 PM
None of that means anything because we all KNOW they were alerted ahead of time, by Ambassador Stevens himself.

I never said they claimed it wasn't an "act of terror". Of course it was an "act of terror"... because people got murdered and dragged around the city. Oops.... dragged around the city and THEN murdered. My bad. That is "terrorizing".

But instead of telling the public it was actual "terrorism" and not just "an act of terror"... he decided to blame a protest.

They failed... and tried to hide it until after the election. Keep watching the news. Even the liberal media stopped holding it in.

So what intelligence official do you want fired for giving the wrong info?

keymanjim
05-06-2013, 01:34 PM
george w bush

colin powell 2001 through 2005
condoleezza rice 2005 through 2009

2001 new york, united states = 2958 killed
2002 us consulate in pakistan = 10 killed
2004 embassy on uzberkistan = 2 killed
2004 us consulate in saudi arabia = 8 killed
2006 us consulate in syria = 1 killed
2008 embassy in yemen = 10 killed
total = 2989
none of which were portrayed to be something they weren't
barack obama

hilary clinton

2012 us us consulate in benghazi = 4 killed
blamed on an obscure youtube video

see the difference?

Cigar
05-06-2013, 01:38 PM
see the difference?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_2IQTJeg1q8I/RqFTgzJmxvI/AAAAAAAAAGg/hfSWcq6Iz24/s400/WMD_UpBush%27sAss.jpg

keymanjim
05-06-2013, 01:39 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_2IQTJeg1q8I/RqFTgzJmxvI/AAAAAAAAAGg/hfSWcq6Iz24/s400/WMD_UpBush'sAss.jpg
You're on the wrong thread, nimrod

Cigar
05-06-2013, 01:41 PM
see the difference?

Had Bush told the truth ... thousands would still be alive.

President Obama could have Moon Walked after the attack and the 4 would still be dead.

see the difference?

Cigar
05-06-2013, 01:41 PM
You're on the wrong thread, nimrod

I'm exactly where I want to be ... dip-shit.

junie
05-06-2013, 01:44 PM

exactly, of course it was OBVIOUSLY an act of terror... which is why the dishonest narrative that began in the media frenzy the very next day, parsing words as if anyone in the US government was trying to cover up that it was an act of terror, was all political bullshit designed to win an election...

nic34
05-06-2013, 01:44 PM
Nice work cigar and junie, but we're all just going to have to 'splain it to them again in a few weeks because they got nothing else..........

Cigar
05-06-2013, 01:48 PM
You get misinformation when you expect information too early ...

Even Mitt Romney knows that now. :laugh:

Private Pickle
05-06-2013, 02:00 PM

President Obama could have Moon Walked after the attack and the 4 would still be dead.

see the difference?

Justifying lying politicians by pointing to other politicians who have lied is the most retarded, moronic thing I've seen in a long time and has made me laugh. Thanks!

Micketto
05-06-2013, 02:02 PM
exactly, of course it was OBVIOUSLY an act of terror... which is why the dishonest narrative that began in the media frenzy the very next day
cute.
The media, which is mostly liberal, constantly repeated the YouTube lie. Yes, "lie"... because even though the President, Clinton and Rice KNEW better... that's what they decided to go around claiming.

Excellent attempt there.... sadly there are facts :(

FOX was the only one (I remember) questioning the validity of some lame excuse of a video protest getting carried away.

parsing words as if anyone in the US government was trying to cover up that it was an act of terror, was all political bullshit designed to win an election...

Huh ?!

The cover-up has to do with lying about what happened. Lying about how it happened. Lying about knowing ahead of time or not. And how it was handled afterward, trying to brush it under a rug during campaign season.

The media you claim was all "frenzied" were, in fact, not saying a word about how it was handled.

Next.

Cigar
05-06-2013, 02:04 PM
Justifying lying politicians by pointing to other politicians who have lied is the most retarded, moronic thing I've seen in a long time and has made me laugh. Thanks!

Mark Sanford - Lied
http://www.whatsontianjin.com/news_images/188da07a3c858a0b64a8_Mark-Sanford_1.jpg

Anthony Weiner - Lied
http://www.maggiesnotebook.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Anthony_Weiners_Chest_25.jpeg

SEE The Difference?

Micketto
05-06-2013, 02:05 PM
Nice work cigar and junie, but we're all just going to have to 'splain it to them again in a few weeks because they got nothing else..........

"Nice work".... to some chick that has no idea what she's talking about... and some immature child that only posts stupid pics he finds online (often half-dressed men).

That's some clique of "genius" you guys have there.

What was that nursery rhyme again..... "3 dumb mice" ?

Cigar
05-06-2013, 02:07 PM
"Nice work".... to some chick that has no idea what she's talking about... and some immature child that only posts stupid pics he finds online (often half-dressed men).

Looks like you're a little upset there sport. :wink:

junie
05-06-2013, 02:08 PM

you repeat the lie that the president supposedly lied yet you can't back that up. let's see you post the lie, smart guy...

Micketto
05-06-2013, 02:09 PM
Looks like you're a little upset there sport. :wink:

Stupid words from stupid people don't upset me.

They sadden me.

I feel for your offspring :(

(assuming you know who they are)

junie
05-06-2013, 02:13 PM
September 12, 2012 | 11:31 a.m.

Below is a statement released by the State Department from Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton on the killing of U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans in Benghazi, Libya.

Yesterday, our U.S. diplomatic post in Benghazi, Libya was attacked. Heavily armed militants assaulted the compound and set fire to our buildings. American and Libyan security personnel battled the attackers together. Four Americans were killed. They included Sean Smith, a Foreign Service information management officer, and our Ambassador to Libya Chris Stevens. We are still making next of kin notifications for the other two individuals.

This is an attack that should shock the conscience of people of all faiths around the world. We condemn in the strongest terms this senseless act of violence, and we send our prayers to the families, friends, and colleagues of those we’ve lost.

All over the world, every day, America’s diplomats and development experts risk their lives in the service of our country and our values, because they believe that the United States must be a force for peace and progress in the world, that these aspirations are worth striving and sacrificing for. Alongside our men and women in uniform, they represent the best traditions of a bold and generous nation.

In the lobby of this building, the State Department, the names of those who have fallen in the line of duty are inscribed in marble. Our hearts break over each one. And now, because of this tragedy, we have new heroes to honor and more friends to mourn.

Chris Stevens fell in love with the Middle East as a young Peace Corps volunteer teaching English in Morocco. He joined the Foreign Service, learned languages, won friends for America in distant places, and made other people’s hopes his own.

In the early days of the Libyan revolution, I asked Chris to be our envoy to the rebel opposition. He arrived on a cargo ship in the port of Benghazi and began building our relationships with Libya’s revolutionaries. He risked his life to stop a tyrant, than gave his life trying to help build a better Libya. The world needs more Chris Stevenses. I spoke with his sister, Ann, this morning, and told her that he will be remembered as a hero by many nations.

Sean Smith was an Air Force veteran. He spent 10 years as an information management officer in the State Department, he was posted at The Hague, and was in Libya on a brief temporary assignment. He was a husband to his wife Heather, with whom I spoke this morning. He was a father to two young children, Samantha and Nathan. They will grow up being proud of the service their father gave to our country, service that took him from Pretoria to Baghdad, and finally to Benghazi.

The mission that drew Chris and Sean and their colleagues to Libya is both noble and necessary, and we and the people of Libya honor their memory by carrying it forward. This is not easy. Today, many Americans are asking – indeed, I asked myself – how could this happen? How could this happen in a country we helped liberate, in a city we helped save from destruction? This question reflects just how complicated and, at times, how confounding the world can be.

But we must be clear-eyed, even in our grief. This was an attack by a small and savage group – not the people or Government of Libya. Everywhere Chris and his team went in Libya, in a country scarred by war and tyranny, they were hailed as friends and partners. And when the attack came yesterday, Libyans stood and fought to defend our post. Some were wounded. Libyans carried Chris’ body to the hospital, and they helped rescue and lead other Americans to safety. And last night, when I spoke with the President of Libya, he strongly condemned the violence and pledged every effort to protect our people and pursue those responsible.

The friendship between our countries, borne out of shared struggle, will not be another casualty of this attack. A free and stable Libya is still in America’s interest and security, and we will not turn our back on that, nor will we rest until those responsible for these attacks are found and brought to justice. We are working closely with the Libyan authorities to move swiftly and surely. We are also working with partners around the world to safeguard other American embassies, consulates, and citizens.

There will be more time later to reflect, but today, we have work to do. There is no higher priority than protecting our men and women wherever they serve. We are working to determine the precise motivations and methods of those who carried out this assault. Some have sought to justify this vicious behavior, along with the protest that took place at our Embassy in Cairo yesterday, as a response to inflammatory material posted on the internet. America’s commitment to religious tolerance goes back to the very beginning of our nation. But let me be clear – there is no justification for this, none. Violence like this is no way to honor religion or faith. And as long as there are those who would take innocent life in the name of God, the world will never know a true and lasting peace.

It is especially difficult that this happened on September 11th. It’s an anniversary that means a great deal to all Americans. Every year on that day, we are reminded that our work is not yet finished, that the job of putting an end to violent extremism and building a safe and stable world continues. But September 11th means even more than that. It is a day on which we remember thousands of American heroes, the bonds that connect all Americans, wherever we are on this Earth, and the values that see us through every storm. And now it is a day on which we will remember Sean, Chris, and their colleagues.

May God bless them, and may God bless the thousands of Americans working in every corner of the world who make this country the greatest force for peace, prosperity, and progress, and a force that has always stood for human dignity – the greatest force the world has ever known. And may God continue to bless the United States of America.

Thank you.

http://www.nationaljournal.com/nationalsecurity/hillary-clinton-s-statement-on-the-attack-in-libya-20120912

Micketto
05-06-2013, 02:16 PM
you repeat the lie that the president supposedly lied yet you can't back that up. let's see you post the lie, smart guy...

Is your Google button broken ?
Just Google "Obama lies about Benghazi" and over 40 million hits appear.
Read some, for fk's sake.

Here is a quick reminder...
CBS interviewed Obama and he indicated it was a premeditated attack.
CBS chose not to air that... but instead aired some anti-Romney BS.
Then Obama decided to have Susan Rice claim it was YouTube video.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2012/10/25/CBS-Busts-Obama--and-Itself-Hidden-60-Minutes-Clip-Proves-White-House-Lied-About-Benghazi

CBS News has released a clip of an interview by Steve Kroft of 60 Minutes on Sep. 12 with President Barack Obama that indicates Obama knew the assault on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya was a premeditated terror attack--and suggests the White House later deceived the public by blaming protests against an anti-Islam video. CBS chose not to air the clip for over a month--but did air Obama’s attack on Romney that same night. Obama told (http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7421538n) Kroft that the attack in Benghazi was different from the violent protest at the U.S. embassy in Cairo: "You're right that this is not a situation that was exactly the same as what happened in Egypt, and my suspicion is, is that there are folks involved in this who were looking to target Americans from the start."
Obama's remarks pointed towards a premeditated attack, in contrast to the story the White House went on to tell for weeks.
CBS chose not to air that portion of the interview with President Obama--not even in the days and weeks that followed, when it was highly relevant--first to the question of the nature of the Benghazi attack, then to the question of whether the president had in fact called it an act of terror from the start.
According to Fox News (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/10/24/interview-shows-obama-downplayed-mob-violence-explanation-day-after-libya/), the clip first appeared online on Oct. 19. It was embedded Oct. 24 in an article (http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18563_162-57538689/emails-detail-unfolding-benghazi-attack-on-sept-11/) by CBS News’ Sharyl Attkisson.
What CBS chose to air, instead, was President Obama’s attack on his Republican rival, Mitt Romney, who had criticized the administration’s apologetic response to the Cairo demonstration.

Obama said Romney “seems to have a tendency to shoot first and aim later.” That portion of the interview aired immediately (http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-57511601-503544/obama-romney-shoots-first-aims-later/), and drove the news for days. Obama’s comment suggesting that the attack had been premeditated was not aired.

Attkisson reported this week that emails linking an Al Qaeda affiliate to the Benghazi attack had been sent to the White House Situation Room just over two hours after the attack had begun. The emails suggest that the Obama administration knew from the outset that the Benghazi attack had been a terrorist attack--and that it knowingly misled the public when it repeatedly claimed there was no evidence (http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2012/10/24/White-House-Repeatedly-Claimed-No-Evidence-terror-Attack) of terrorist involvement.

When the video story unraveled, the White House tried to argue that President Obama had called the Benghazi attack an act of terror all along. In the second presidential debate, the President famously pointed (http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2012/10/16/Flashback-Crowley-To-Axelrod-Obama-Never-Said-Benghazi-Attack-Was-Act-Of-Terror-On-Day-After) to his Sep. 12 statement in the Rose Garden as proof, though his reference (http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2012/10/14/The-Big-Lie-Obama-Did-Not-Call-Libya-Attacks-Terrorism-on-September-12) to “acts of terror” on that occasion had been general and not specific to the Benghazi attack, which he implied had been provoked by the video.
The new CBS footage suggests that Obama did, in fact, describe the Benghazi attacks as premeditated terrorism--not in the Rose Garden but in the White House itself, in a portion of an interview that did not air until more than a month later.
During that time, both CBS and Obama could have referred to the interview, but did not--likely because doing so would have vindicated Obama at the cost of exposing his subsequent deceit.

The fact that CBS refrained from publishing the critical clip from the interview widens the political scandal surrounding Benghazi into a media scandal.
National Public Radio’s Mara Liasson criticized CBS on Fox News Special Report yesterday, saying that CBS ought to have made the entire interview with Obama available immediately, in the public interest.
Together with the president, CBS has much to explain.

Private Pickle
05-06-2013, 02:17 PM
Mark Sanford - Lied
http://www.whatsontianjin.com/news_images/188da07a3c858a0b64a8_Mark-Sanford_1.jpg

Anthony Weiner - Lied
http://www.maggiesnotebook.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Anthony_Weiners_Chest_25.jpeg

SEE The Difference?

One works out more than the other.

jillian
05-06-2013, 02:19 PM

a little het up there, aren't you? lol.

Micketto
05-06-2013, 02:25 PM

Not sure what "het" means.

But if it means thinking you're a moron.... then yes.

junie
05-06-2013, 02:26 PM

lol the guy just got here a couple weeks ago, not long after we got here, but he feels the need to repeatedly tell me how usually he doesn't bother to read my posts but this time he will respond. i'll just stick to the topic, endeavor to persevere and some day i just may get over the sting of micky not reading my posts... 2589

Cigar
05-06-2013, 02:29 PM
lol the guy just got here a couple weeks ago, not long after we got here, but he feels the need to repeatedly tell me how usually he doesn't bother to read my posts but this time he will respond. i'll just stick to the topic, endeavor to persevere and some day i just may get over the sting of micky not reading my posts... 2589

:grin:

jillian
05-06-2013, 02:32 PM

i am sure you'll learn to live with the pain. lol.

keymanjim
05-06-2013, 02:38 PM

see the difference?
Where exactly did President Bush lie?

Obama might as well have moon walked for all the good that he did. But, keeping his priories straight, he went to a fundraiser in Vegas instead.

keymanjim
05-06-2013, 02:43 PM
Ask and you shall receive:

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/transcript-president-obama-delivers-remarks-united-nations-invokes/story?id=17319652&page=3#.UYgHebUqaSo

That is what we saw play out the last two weeks, as a crude and disgusting video sparked outrage throughout the Muslim world. I have made it clear that the United States government had nothing to do with this video, and I believe its message must be rejected by all who respect our common humanity.

That was two weeks after the attacks. Two weeks and he was still playing the 'obscure video' meme.

Pathetic.

junie
05-06-2013, 03:20 PM
Ask and you shall receive:

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/transcript-president-obama-delivers-remarks-united-nations-invokes/story?id=17319652&page=3#.UYgHebUqaSo

That was two weeks after the attacks. Two weeks and he was still playing the 'obscure video' meme.

Pathetic.

That is what we saw play out the last two weeks, as a crude and disgusting video sparked outrage throughout the Muslim world. I have made it clear that the United States government had nothing to do with this video, and I believe its message must be rejected by all who respect our common humanity.

nice cherry pick. there were in fact several violent outbursts across the world that day... are you actually claiming what he said about the video is not true? are you claiming what he said about the video here, somehow means that he is trying to cover up that what happened in libya as if it wasn't an act of terror?

why do partisans conveniently ignore the official state department press release the next day???

http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/12812-Election-over-Media-can-now-be-honest?p=282816&viewfull=1#post282816

nic34
05-06-2013, 03:44 PM
:deadhorse2:

junie
05-06-2013, 03:58 PM
:deadhorse2:

lol you know what mark twain once said about a lie making it around the world before the truth has a chance to put on its pants...

another twainism which applies here as well: "The most outrageous lies that can be invented will find believers if a man only tells them with all his might. "

Agravan
05-06-2013, 04:21 PM
lol you know what mark twain once said about a lie making it around the world before the truth has a chance to put on its pants...

another twainism which applies here as well: "The most outrageous lies that can be invented will find believers if a man only tells them with all his might. "

That's the Democrat Party slogan.

keymanjim
05-06-2013, 04:41 PM
nice cherry pick. there were in fact several violent outbursts across the world that day... are you actually claiming what he said about the video is not true? are you claiming what he said about the video here, somehow means that he is trying to cover up that what happened in libya as if it wasn't an act of terror?

why do partisans conveniently ignore the official state department press release the next day???

http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/12812-Election-over-Media-can-now-be-honest?p=282816&viewfull=1#post282816
The speech was to commemorate Ambassador Stevens. Not about 'violent' outbursts around the world. Why bring up the video at all unless he wanted it to be the blame for the attack on our Ambassador?

keymanjim
05-06-2013, 04:41 PM
That's the Democrat Party slogan.
No, that's "What's in your wallet? GIVE IT TO US NOW!?

simpsonofpg
05-06-2013, 05:54 PM
The MSN is much like Obama and the DNC, they don't know how to be honest. It used to be that journalist went to great lengths to get the facts and then they presented them and let you draw you own conclusion. To day they leave out certain facts and then slant the story. The bottom line is that there are very few journalist left only media personalities.

Peter1469
05-06-2013, 06:18 PM
Part of the problem is the 24 hour news cycle. They have to work hard for ratings. If there isn't enough real news, well, they just have to improvise. And many confuse news analysis with news.

Mister D
05-06-2013, 06:20 PM
Part of the problem is the 24 hour news cycle. They have to work hard for ratings. If there isn't enough real news, well, they just have to improvise. And many confuse news analysis with news.

Agreed on both counts.

Micketto
05-06-2013, 06:41 PM
The MSN is much like Obama and the DNC, they don't know how to be honest. It used to be that journalist went to great lengths to get the facts and then they presented them and let you draw you own conclusion. To day they leave out certain facts and then slant the story. The bottom line is that there are very few journalist left only media personalities.

In this case we do have some facts.

Obama admin was alerted before the attack (while they removed security from the embassy).
Obama admin was alerted during the attack (and did nothing but tell others to stand down).
Obama claims an "act of terror" which is anything from a kidnapping to murder.
Obama went to Las Vegas the next day (probably to campaign on how strong he is on terrorism ;)... I hear the sheep ate it up).
Obama has admin claim it was a YouTube video protest (that didn't even exist there).
.... For 2 weeks, btw.
When called out on it by Romney, Obama suddenly says "uh, I called it terrorism the day after!" (which he didn't, but let's give him that because it just proves he lied for the next 2 weeks).
Clinton went around the Counter-terrorism task force (because if she went to them, that would be admitting it was terrorism).

These facts are not secrets.

The nuts on this forum can claim there were no lies, but it's just desperation as usual.
Obama has a real struggle with honesty.
But... he can "do no wrong".

lynn
05-06-2013, 07:40 PM
If you think that journalism is about being honest, think again! If you think our government is truthful, think again! The public is brainwashed to whatever the people that have power over us want us to believe. None of us can escape it no matter how hard we try to find the truth.