PDA

View Full Version : The Texas Senate approved The Tim Tebow Bill

Cigar
05-07-2013, 02:18 PM
WTF is going on in Texas? :rollseyes:

The Texas Senate passed the Tim Tebow Bill to allow home-schooled student-athletes to play for their local public schools in the Lone Star State, according to multiple reports.

The bill, which passed the Senate by a decisive 21-7 vote on April 25, now rests with the Texas House before it's signed into law, according to The Dallas Morning News. If the bill is successful there, it will open the doors for many home-schooled athletes in Texas.

Read more: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highschool-prep-rally/texas-senate-approves-something-called-tim-tebow-bill-212158312.html

So let me get this straight ... "I'm too God-Dam good to go to school with you, but I want the Quarterback spot on your football team".

Ok .... I'm not against home-schooling, although I'm willing to bet that in 85% of the cases, parents teach their kids that the earth is 6,000 years old and Jesus road Dinosaurs like he was a Cowboy.

But if you are going to go the home-school route, why shouldn't you have to go "all in" go to the fucking School?

Mister D
05-07-2013, 02:20 PM
Why would Texas high schools want to lose talent? Secondly, mind your own business. It's obviously what Texans want.

jillian
05-07-2013, 02:27 PM
Why would Texas high schools want to lose talent? Secondly, mind your own business. It's obviously what Texans want.

Texans aren't always real bright.

and i think the term for it is bringing in a ringer.

it's

cheating.

Cigar
05-07-2013, 02:31 PM

http://a1.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/64/b3ea9f39c56b40e590d7b978cd70262d/l.jpg

Mister D
05-07-2013, 02:31 PM

it's[QUOTE]

cheating.

They have a pretty vibrant economy. They must be doing something right.

No, an example of a ringer would be a 25 year old professional ball player. A 16 year old high school athlete would not be considered a ringer. No, it's not cheating.

Mister D
05-07-2013, 02:33 PM
http://a1.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/64/b3ea9f39c56b40e590d7b978cd70262d/l.jpg

:laugh: I shut down another Cigar thread.

Agravan
05-07-2013, 02:42 PM
So let me get this straight ... "I'm too God-Dam good to go to school with you, but I want the Quarterback spot on your football team".
Home schooled students perform much better on standardized tests than the public indoctrination students do.
http://www.pros-and-cons-of-homeschooling.com/homeschooling-vs-public-schools.html

Ok .... I'm not against home-schooling, although I'm willing to bet that in 85% of the cases, parents teach their kids that the earth is 6,000 years old and Jesus road Dinosaurs like he was a Cowboy.
Please provide proof of this allegation aside from your own biased (idiotic) views on the subject.

But if you are going to go the home-school route, why shouldn't you have to go "all in" go to the fucking School?
Home school parents still pay taxes for public schools even though they don't use the schools. Why should they not reap the benefits of a system they're paying for anyway? You don't want the parents of home school kids to utilize the school system sports program? Let them not pay school taxes then.

TheDictator
05-07-2013, 03:02 PM

The Texas Senate passed the Tim Tebow Bill to allow home-schooled student-athletes to play for their local public schools in the Lone Star State, according to multiple reports.

The bill, which passed the Senate by a decisive 21-7 vote on April 25, now rests with the Texas House before it's signed into law, according to The Dallas Morning News. If the bill is successful there, it will open the doors for many home-schooled athletes in Texas.

Read more: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highschool-prep-rally/texas-senate-approves-something-called-tim-tebow-bill-212158312.html

Is your vocabulary so low that you can only use the f-word.

As a Public School Teacher and Coach I'm not sure how I fill about this, but homeschool students already use many of the services of their home District already.

In Texas the school District has to provide to Home schoolers:

1. Free Testing
2. Free Art, music, and PE Classes
3. Free meals if qualified
4. Free Computer classes
5. Free Counselling

Agravan
05-07-2013, 03:07 PM
Is your vocabulary so low that you can only use the f-word.

As a Public School Teacher and Coach I'm not sure how I fill about this, but homeschool students already use many of the services of their home District already.

In Texas the school District has to provide to Home schoolers:

1. Free Testing
2. Free Art, music, and PE Classes
3. Free meals if qualified
4. Free Computer classes
5. Free Counselling

Once again, Dictator, Home School parents are already paying for these services with their taxes. Home School parents are not exempt from paying school taxes so, in reality, these services are already being paid for by them.

TheDictator
05-07-2013, 03:22 PM
Once again, Dictator, Home School parents are already paying for these services with their taxes. Home School parents are not exempt from paying school taxes so, in reality, these services are already being paid for by them.

I do not disagree with that to some degree, I was mostly giving a fact about what home schoolers get from the district. Most of the money if not all of it, to pay for those programs comes from the state and federal attendance money. So they do cost the district money. Only about 25% comes from local taxes.

nic34
05-07-2013, 03:32 PM
"I'm too God-Dam good to go to school with you, but I want the Quarterback spot on your football team".

Exactly. Let the parents and athletes fight this out. I'll get the popcorn....:grin:

Common
05-07-2013, 03:36 PM
If they are paying school taxs like everyone else and home schooling their kids, I have no prob with them allowing the kids to play sports. If they arent paying taxs then no, I dont want to pay for their kids to play sports while they home school

Mister D
05-07-2013, 03:44 PM
Exactly. Let the parents and athletes fight this out. I'll get the popcorn....:grin:

Looks like the fight is over. :laugh:

Mister D
05-07-2013, 03:45 PM
If they are paying school taxs like everyone else and home schooling their kids, I have no prob with them allowing the kids to play sports. If they arent paying taxs then no, I dont want to pay for their kids to play sports while they home school

Exactly. Another silly Cigar thread.

patrickt
05-07-2013, 04:02 PM
[QUOTE=Cigar;283741]http://a1.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/64/b3ea9f39c56b40e590d7b978cd70262d/l.jpg[/QUOTE

Cigar is a homophobic liberal and damned proud of it.

patrickt
05-07-2013, 04:06 PM
http://thepoliticalforums.com/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Cigar http://thepoliticalforums.com/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://thepoliticalforums.com/showthread.php?p=283733#post283733)

"So let me get this straight ... "I'm too God-Dam good to go to school with you, but I want the Quarterback spot on your football team".

No, Cigar, once again you didn't get it straight. No one is saying the students being home schooled consider themselves superior. Their parents just want them to have a quality education without learning that it's okay to have sex at age 12, have sex involving hamsters, or doing drugs during lunch. Also the death by gunshot wounds is lower for homes schooled students than those in failing public schools.

The snobs would be the children of raging liberals who know they're better than "those people". And, Cigar, the quarterback slot on the football team doesn't get awarded by affirmative action. I can understand why you're confused on that point, too.

simpsonofpg
05-07-2013, 05:12 PM

You sure go to a lot of effort to show just how little you know. Kids are not home schooled because of the other children but because of the results public schools are delivering. How does 25th in the world work for you. I talk to young adults every day than can't read, spell or do math with our a computer. If they are go athletes they should have the opportunity. That is the answer to your WTF observation. Becareful of your insults they can bite you.

BB-35
05-07-2013, 05:19 PM

Evidently ceegar is as much of a dumbass about home schooling as just about everything else

BB-35
05-07-2013, 05:22 PM

it's

cheating.

If a home schooled kid meets the UIL requirements,they should be allowed to play

After all,they're no more guaranteed a spot on the team than anyone else

And we're bright enough.