PDA

View Full Version : As Teacher Appreciation Week comes to a close....

Micketto
05-09-2013, 08:39 AM
Let's honor those that are following the new regulations of "No Child Left Behind" and simply printing handouts, and testing kids on it, to meet the requirements the government has forced on them.

Since we all know it's more important to graduate kids, than to actually teach them.

To all you teachers that sit at your desk to collect a paycheck, and text your friends while your "students" read the packets you went to all the trouble of Xeroxing.... we honor you !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12ZRuM8UtDA

Cigar
05-09-2013, 08:43 AM
(1) Teacher and (1) Administrator who allowed this to happen.

Equals (2) Individuals

Next!

Greenridgeman
05-09-2013, 08:43 AM
Let's honor those that are following the new regulations of "No Child Left Behind" and simply printing handouts, and testing kids on it, to meet the requirements the government has forced on them.

Since we all know it's more important to graduate kids, than to actually teach them.

To all you teachers that sit at your desk to collect a paycheck, and text your friends while your "students" read the packets you went to all the trouble of Xeroxing.... we honor you !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12ZRuM8UtDA

NO CHILD ALLOWED AHEAD is what it should have been called.

I entered teaching at 30.

I could not believe the "packet" method of teaching.

I was never taught by "packet".

I was taught by teachers in front of the room TEACHING.

As I did.

The biggest insult to a teacher is to call them an "educator", IMNSHO.

"Educator" is dog-whistle for union stooge.

Cigar
05-09-2013, 08:45 AM
Obviously someone has Mommy and Teacher issues ...

A little Brest Milk (.)(.), slap on the back and a good Burp could help.

Micketto
05-09-2013, 08:50 AM
NO CHILD ALLOWED AHEAD is what it should have been called.

I entered teaching at 30.

I could not believe the "packet" method of teaching.

I was never taught by "packet".

I was taught by teachers in front of the room TEACHING.

As I did.

The biggest insult to a teacher is to call them an "educator", IMNSHO.

"Educator" is dog-whistle for union stooge.

It makes no sense at all. Sending "packets" home with the kids is one thing.... but passing them out and making them sit their reading, instead of actually speaking to them is fkn ridiculous.

Why has the government fkd over the students it claimed to care about?
Of course this teacher is only making it worse and should be fired ASAP.
Letting the kid walk all over her stupid self and saying he is wasting her time.... her time sitting there doing nothing.

These kids are learning nothing and will be complete failures in life if someone doesn't step in and help them. Let's hope their parents are paying attention.

Kudos to this kid for going off on this failure of an "educator". He'll likely get suspended but he will make the news and be praised.

Like the one filming this said.... "square biz".

Cigar
05-09-2013, 08:51 AM
It makes no sense at all. Sending "packets" home with the kids is one thing.... but passing them out and making them sit their reading, instead of actually speaking to them is fkn ridiculous.

These kids are learning nothing and will be complete failures in life if someone doesn't step in and help them. Let's hope their parents are paying attention.

Kudos to this kid for going off on this failure of an "educator". He'll likely get suspended but he will make the news and be praised.

I have a good idea ... let cut investments into education ... then sit back and bitch about the results.

Micketto
05-09-2013, 08:53 AM
I have a good idea ... let cut investments into education ... then sit back and bitch about the results.

shh.... the adults are talking.

You obviously have never been within 500 feet of a school.

You go on praising your election victory... while your leader ruins any chance these students have at an actual education.

Greenridgeman
05-09-2013, 08:55 AM

Of course this teacher is only making it worse and should be fired ASAP.
Letting the kid walk all over her stupid self and saying he is wasting her time.... her time sitting there doing nothing.

Like the one filming this said.... "square biz".

Cruise the net and you will find hundreds of teachers posting while they have kids under their supervision.

Cigar
05-09-2013, 08:58 AM
shh.... the adults are talking.

You obviously have never been within 500 feet of a school.

You go on praising your election victory... while your leader ruins any chance these students have at an actual education.

Go to your table, sit down and shut up ... and eat your corn flacks.

http://twodementeddames.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/The-kids-table-1024x725.jpg

patrickt
05-09-2013, 08:59 AM
Look for the union label......

I remember my non-union, non-lawyered up, teachers with respect and fondness. Much of what I learned from my teachers was by way of example. The only principal I respected was an oddball in that he hadn't been a coach who enjoyed inflicting pain. He actually liked the students and was quite intelligent.

Mr. Counce taught 7th grade civics. That was a class where you studied the Constitution, the Declaration of Independence, how the government works, and some laws. That was a mandatory class back then in the dark ages. My school was rough. One student got sent to reform school for breaking another students legs with a baseball bat. But, Mr. Counce never had a problem. He was short. Always wore a dark blue suit, white shirt, and red/white/blue tie. I imagined a closet full of blue suits and white shirts but now that I'm grown I think there's a chance he did not mow his lawn in a blue suit. But, he might have.

I marveled over how he had no problems in class but he never raised his voice, much less his hand, to any student. I learned a lot from Mr. Counce.

And, Ms. Davis tried valiantly to teach me Latin. She was at least 100-years old and one day when we were talking after class she told me that even when she was working as a model she used what she'd learned from Latin class. At that moment I learned the meaning of flabbergasted. Ms. Davis wasn't born 100-years old and a Latin teacher.

I learned from my teachers that organizations are stupid and corrupt. Not some organizations but all. I learned that lesson as much from their example as from the classes.

I thank my wonderful teachers. Of course, those who insist that teachers can only function with absolute total lack of accountability for both their actions and the results of their teaching get no respect from me.

Micketto
05-09-2013, 09:01 AM
Cruise the net and you will find hundreds of teachers posting while they have kids under their supervision.

Of course. And thanks to Smartphones, there are a lot of these videos online showing these fkd up versions of teachers in action.

People often complain about the kids that don't want to learn.... what about those that do?

They're fkd.

truthmatters
05-09-2013, 09:04 AM
give schools the money they need and see what happens

Micketto
05-09-2013, 09:05 AM
Look for the union label......

I remember my non-union, non-lawyered up, teachers with respect and fondness. Much of what I learned from my teachers was by way of example. The only principal I respected was an oddball in that he hadn't been a coach who enjoyed inflicting pain. He actually liked the students and was quite intelligent.

Mr. Counce taught 7th grade civics. That was a class where you studied the Constitution, the Declaration of Independence, how the government works, and some laws. That was a mandatory class back then in the dark ages. My school was rough. One student got sent to reform school for breaking another students legs with a baseball bat. But, Mr. Counce never had a problem. He was short. Always wore a dark blue suit, white shirt, and red/white/blue tie. I imagined a closet full of blue suits and white shirts but now that I'm grown I think there's a chance he did not mow his lawn in a blue suit. But, he might have.

I marveled over how he had no problems in class but he never raised his voice, much less his hand, to any student. I learned a lot from Mr. Counce.

And, Ms. Davis tried valiantly to teach me Latin. She was at least 100-years old and one day when we were talking after class she told me that even when she was working as a model she used what she'd learned from Latin class. At that moment I learned the meaning of flabbergasted. Ms. Davis wasn't born 100-years old and a Latin teacher.

I learned from my teachers that organizations are stupid and corrupt. Not some organizations but all. I learned that lesson as much from their example as from the classes.

I thank my wonderful teachers. Of course, those who insist that teachers can only function with absolute total lack of accountability for both their actions and the results of their teaching get no respect from me.

There are some good ones out there.
Thanks to the kids standing up to it, and recording it.... we're finding that a lot of them aren't so good.

The current government is telling them to only teach them these "packets" so that more of them will pass.

What good does it do a student to "pass" after learning nothing of value ?

Cigar
05-09-2013, 09:06 AM
Of course. And thanks to Smartphones, there are a lot of these videos online showing these fkd up versions of teachers in action.

People often complain about the kids that don't want to learn.... what about those that do?

They're fkd.

Ever hear of a Parent Teacher Conference ?

nic34
05-09-2013, 09:06 AM
Michigan school district shuts down; every teacher is laid offThe Buena Vista Township school district in Michigan is out of money, more than 400 kids are not going to school, and 27 teachers have been laid off.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/hl-60214334/cable_highlights_michigan_school_district_shuts_do wn_every_teacher_is_laid_off/
Happy Teacher Appreciation Week

Micketto
05-09-2013, 09:11 AM

Oh yeah.... that's where the teacher tells the parents "I'm a failure, I just sit there handing packets out and getting paid for it"

Silly me.

STFU dumbass.

Micketto
05-09-2013, 09:12 AM
Michigan school district shuts down; every teacher is laid off

The Buena Vista Township school district in Michigan is out of money, more than 400 kids are not going to school, and 27 teachers have been laid off.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/hl-60214334/cable_highlights_michigan_school_district_shuts_do wn_every_teacher_is_laid_off/

Michigan has School of Choice and they are free to go anywhere else.

Not to mention the neighboring school district taking these kids in (clever of you to omit that).

Way to take care of the kids, Obama!

Greenridgeman
05-09-2013, 09:21 AM
give schools the money they need and see what happens

We have flooded the schools with money, and the return gets worse and worse.

truthmatters
05-09-2013, 09:22 AM
No we have not

Mister D
We have flooded the schools with money, and the return gets worse and worse.

Right. We spend generously on education. More in fact than many other countries who get a better return.

truthmatters
No we dont

Mister D
05-09-2013, 09:30 AM
No we dont

Yes, we do but you're generally clueless which is why I generally ignore your comments. Why Chris attempts discussion with you is anyone's guess.

truthmatters
05-09-2013, 09:31 AM
go get your proof

truthmatters
05-09-2013, 09:32 AM
we spend more on health care than any country and get lessor care and you think that is great

Mister D
05-09-2013, 09:37 AM
go get your proof

read 'em and weep...or light up your crack pipe. Whatever.

This chart by Mercatus Center Senior Research Fellow Veronique de Rugy compares K-12 education expenditures per pupil in each of the world’s major industrial powers. As we can see, with the exception of Switzerland, the United States spends more than any other country on education, an average of $91,700 per student between the ages of six and fifteen.

That’s not only more than other countries spend but it is also more than better achieving countries spend – the United States spends a third more than Finland, a country that consistently ranks near the top in science, reading, and math testing.

http://mercatus.org/publication/k-12-spending-student-oecd

Common
05-09-2013, 09:38 AM
I find it amusing when people bash other professions especially when they dont have a single known thought how to perform it.
Today the thing to do when your a self proclaimed conservative, teatard or Libertarian is to attack anything that costs taxdollars as bad for partisan favor.
The same above love to trash teachers, police, fireman, road workers all civil servants and govt workers as overpaid lazy stealing their money etc. While the same complainers in another thread will defend a CROOKED CEO who gets a slap on the hand for stealing billions and For CEOS that FAIL and still make millions.
Get this right YOU pay for all those ceo pays one way or another just like tax money and when they FAIL you pay for them to get their bonus while we bail out their failed company, instead of defending them and bailing them out and telling us how good they are for america.

Cigar
05-09-2013, 09:42 AM
I find it amusing when people bash other professions especially when they dont have a single known thought how to perform it.
Today the thing to do when your a self proclaimed conservative, teatard or Libertarian is to attack anything that costs taxdollars as bad for partisan favor.
The same above love to trash teachers, police, fireman, road workers all civil servants and govt workers as overpaid lazy stealing their money etc. While the same complainers in another thread will defend a CROOKED CEO who gets a slap on the hand for stealing billions and For CEOS that FAIL and still make millions.
Get this right YOU pay for all those ceo pays one way or another just like tax money and when they FAIL you pay for them to get their bonus while we bail out their failed company, instead of defending them and bailing them out and telling us how good they are for america.

Maybe some of these people really didn't have a good teacher ... it sure as hell shows.

truthmatters
05-09-2013, 09:43 AM

Its the Grover plan to make the country so weak they can easily drown it dead

Mister D
Maybe some of these people really didn't have a good teacher ... it sure as hell shows.

Sure. Nic, yourself, the crackhead...

truthmatters
why do you want to kill the US government?

Micketto
05-09-2013, 09:44 AM

This chart by Mercatus Center Senior Research Fellow Veronique de Rugy compares K-12 education expenditures per pupil in each of the world’s major industrial powers. As we can see, with the exception of Switzerland, the United States spends more than any other country on education, an average of $91,700 per student between the ages of six and fifteen.

That’s not only more than other countries spend but it is also more than better achieving countries spend – the United States spends a third more than Finland, a country that consistently ranks near the top in science, reading, and math testing.

Truthmatters ('cause spelling doesn't)... is pwned.

truthmatters
05-09-2013, 09:47 AM
http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/345183/presidents-2014-budget-377-trillion-veronique-de-rugy

shes a biased con

Mister D
05-09-2013, 09:49 AM
http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/345183/presidents-2014-budget-377-trillion-veronique-de-rugy

shes a biased con

Prove her wrong. Or not. You're dismissed.

truthmatters
05-09-2013, 09:49 AM
http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/edu_spe_per_sec_sch_stu-spending-per-secondary-school-student

truthmatters
05-09-2013, 09:51 AM
http://nces.ed.gov/pubs/eiip/eiipid43.asp

Mister D
05-09-2013, 09:51 AM
http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/edu_spe_per_sec_sch_stu-spending-per-secondary-school-student

The US ranks 3rd according to your own source! Good God you're fucking retarded. Why does anyone respond to you? I'm done.

truthmatters
05-09-2013, 09:52 AM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/2012/sep/11/education-compared-oecd-country-pisa

Micketto
05-09-2013, 09:53 AM
The US ranks 3rd according to your own source! Good God you're fucking retarded. Why does anyone respond to you? I'm done.

Lmao.... nothing like pwning himself.

truthmatters
05-09-2013, 09:55 AM
I gave three sources were we top in any of them?

Micketto
05-09-2013, 10:08 AM

We were near the top... which means we spend a LOT on education.

Are you forgetting your actual argument ?!

Sigh... now I responded too.

nic34
05-09-2013, 10:09 AM

When you break it down to them, their preconceived notions break down.

They're less interested in results than they are about proving that their ideology is better......... politics as usual....

truthmatters
05-09-2013, 10:10 AM
they have people willing to lie at all levels

Mister D
05-09-2013, 10:11 AM

They're less interested in results than they are about proving that their ideology is better......... politics as usual....

The sources prove me right, nic34. Are you retarded to?

truthmatters
05-09-2013, 10:13 AM

your posted "study" claims it

truthmatters
05-09-2013, 10:14 AM
Your source is a right wing biased source

Micketto

Funny... the guy claims we aren't putting money into education.... then posts links proving we're near the top... and you try to twist this into something political in your lame defense.

Neither of you have any idea what the topic even is.

(this is where you dummies "high five" each other)

Greenridgeman

We had them five years in a row, from 4pm to 8pm.

One parent showed up once.

Greenridgeman
05-09-2013, 10:15 AM
Michigan school district shuts down; every teacher is laid off

The Buena Vista Township school district in Michigan is out of money, more than 400 kids are not going to school, and 27 teachers have been laid off.

Boy, that says a lot for blue state Michigajn.

truthmatters
05-09-2013, 10:15 AM
why do you people hate educaation so much you want to starve it?

Mister D
05-09-2013, 10:16 AM
Funny... the guy claims we aren't putting money into education.... then posts links proving we're near the top... and you try to twist this into something political in your lame defense.

Neither of you have any idea what the topic even is.

(this is where you dummies "high five" each other)

It's incredible. I'm stunned.

Common
05-09-2013, 10:17 AM

Teachers have a lousy fricken job they have political pressures that vary by location, they have to change based on who is the superintendent and school board, they have GARBAGE parents that never did a damn thing to teach their kids any respect for anything or any common decency getting in the face of teachers and school officials that have to either discipline their little pos or get them arrested.
Try being a public school teacher in a major city for a week.

truthmatters
05-09-2013, 10:17 AM
we are not putting the money in needed to fix our system.

pretending cutting funds for education will fix it is insane

Micketto
05-09-2013, 11:34 AM
Teachers have a lousy fricken job they have political pressures that vary by location, they have to change based on who is the superintendent and school board, they have GARBAGE parents that never did a damn thing to teach their kids any respect for anything or any common decency getting in the face of teachers and school officials that have to either discipline their little pos or get them arrested.
Try being a public school teacher in a major city for a week.

You're right.... it's never the teachers. They're all perfect.

Cigar
05-09-2013, 11:35 AM
You're right.... it's never the teachers. They're all perfect.

There are NO positions that has Perfect Individuals ... NONE!

Mister D
05-09-2013, 11:37 AM
America's human capital isn't what it once was. Lets face it. Teachers have less to work with than they did before.

Micketto
05-09-2013, 01:51 PM
America's human capital isn't what it once was. Lets face it. Teachers have less to work with than they did before.

The problem I see is that many of them shouldn't be "working" at all.

nic34
05-09-2013, 01:53 PM
.... and others should be getting paid more than politicians....

Micketto
05-09-2013, 01:59 PM
.... and others should be getting paid more than politicians....

Absolutely.

simpsonofpg
05-09-2013, 03:43 PM
(1) Teacher and (1) Administrator who allowed this to happen.

Equals (2) Individuals

Next!
I am still trying to figure out where you reall stand but this is absolutely correct. Teachers don't make the cirriculum the overpaid zero tolerance administrators do. We as parents have let it happen.