PDA

View Full Version : Al-Qaida Holding American Hostage Taken in Pakistan.....

MMC
12-02-2011, 08:52 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/envoy/al-qaida-claims-holding-american-aid-worker-seized-214522993.html

Al-Qaida is holding an American aid worker who was kidnapped in Pakistan last August, the terrorist group's leader Ayman al-Zawahiri has claimed in a video posted on the Internet, according to the SITE terrorism research group, which monitors jihadi websites.
The abducted American the group claims to be holding is Warren Weinstein, a 70-year-old development expert and former U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) official, who was abducted from his home in Lahore, Pakistan on August 13, the CNN report said.
At the time of his abduction, Weinstein was working for "J.E. Austin Associates Inc., a U.S. consulting firm based in Arlington, Virginia," CNN said (http://us.lrd.yahoo.com/SIG=136tcv8rs/EXP=1324042596/**http%3A//www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/asiapcf/08/23/pakistan.american.kidnapped/index.html) in an earlier report. On the firm's website, Weinstein is described as a "a world-renowned development expert, with 25 years of experience," who was working in the country on a project called the Pakistan Initiative for Strategic Development and Competitiveness.

On the recent video, al-Zawahiri, the Egyptian doctor who succeeded Osama bin Laden as the chief of al-Qaida, "listed eight conditions for Weinstein's release," CNN reported. Among them: "the halting of air strikes in Afghanistan, Pakistan, Somalia and Yemen, and the release of Muslim prisoners such as Abu Musab al-Suri, the 'Blind Sheikh' Omar Abdul Rahman, Ramzi Yousef, Sayyid Nosair, and relatives of Osama bin Laden.".....snip~

Has the #2 man for AQ lost his mind? He wants all that for a 70 year old CIA Agent Contact Man. Is the World suppose to treat this seriously?

Conley
12-02-2011, 09:28 AM
For some reason I thought al-Zawahiri was dead. I think I mixed him up with another AQ.

That's a strange situation...I wonder how involved in CIA work that man is. 70 year old aid worker? Just seems odd. I hope he is returned safely.

MMC
12-02-2011, 09:32 AM
I got a feeling he won't be making the trip home. Especially with whats coming down the pipe wih Pakistan.

Conley
12-02-2011, 09:48 AM
I got a feeling he won't be making the trip home. Especially with whats coming down the pipe wih Pakistan.

Yeah I think you are right. :undecided:

Peter1469
12-02-2011, 08:57 PM
I would not be so sure. Al Qaeda is so beat up and isolated that they may be going into the legitimate kidnapping for ransom business as opposed to the killing of the infidel on tape busines. Documents seized from bin Laden's lair support that position. Of course if nobody ponies up any Benjamin s for this guy, he might get a really short hair cut.

Conley
12-03-2011, 08:58 PM
I would not be so sure. Al Qaeda is so beat up and isolated that they may be going into the legitimate kidnapping for ransom business as opposed to the killing of the infidel on tape busines. Documents seized from bin Laden's lair support that position. Of course if nobody ponies up any Benjamin s for this guy, he might get a really short hair cut.

Wow, didn't know we found evidence of that. AQ must be really hard up.

wingrider
12-03-2011, 09:57 PM
here is the thing guys,, this fellow was a 70 year old aid worker, now the kidnappers are really brave people to capture and hold a 70 year old for ransom, according to their list of demands they are not gonna get anything.

the halting of air strikes in Afghanistan, Pakistan, Somalia and Yemen, and the release of Muslim prisoners such as Abu Musab al-Suri, the 'Blind Sheikh' Omar Abdul Rahman, Ramzi Yousef, Sayyid Nosair, and relatives of Osama bin Laden.".....snip~

seems to me their captive is gonna be considered expendable before those demands are met. No single person is worth the damage that complying to those demands is worth.

i mean this list is assinie ...

jgreer
12-03-2011, 10:01 PM
He's a spy not an aid worker

MMC says CIA

wingrider
12-03-2011, 10:25 PM
article I read said he was an aid worker.

http://www.statesman.com/news/world/world-digest-al-qaeda-says-it-holds-kidnapped-2007732.html?cxtype=ynews_rss

not really saying anthing about MMC report but this is what the papers and sews services are reporting at this time.. time will tell if MMC is correct though..

MMC
12-04-2011, 01:40 AM
Actually I said CIA contact man.....which most foreign NFPS or NGO's use for Ops. Also the articles said he was a World renown expert in development. Then proceed to tell us that. He was working on a project for Pakistan Initiative for STRATEGIC DEVELOPMENT and Competitiveness. So in essence Contact man/ think tank.