PDA

View Full Version : 61% of Israelis Back Barack Obama's Foreign Policy

Cigar
05-10-2013, 07:29 AM
61% of Israelis Back Barack Obama's Foreign Policy, Pew Poll Reveals
Numbers Jump Since Successful Visit — Palestinians Glum
By JTA
Published May 09, 2013.

Israelis by a 4-to-1 margin are more confident than Palestinians in how President Obama handles his foreign policy, a poll found.

The Pew Research Center poll released Thursday found that 61 percent of Israelis “express confidence in the American president to do the right thing regarding world affairs,” as opposed to 15 percent of Palestinians.

Obama’s numbers numbers among Israelis are a 12 point increase over when the same question was asked in 2011.

Notably, the poll follows Obama’s visit in March, in which he emphasized Israel’s security needs and the Jewish connection to the region while pressing for a revival of the peace process.

Read more: http://forward.com/articles/176368/-of-israelis-back-barack-obamas-foreign-policy/#ixzz2SsH4FLgD

:angry:

jillian
05-10-2013, 07:50 AM
61% of Israelis Back Barack Obama's Foreign Policy, Pew Poll Reveals
Numbers Jump Since Successful Visit — Palestinians Glum
By JTA
Published May 09, 2013.

Israelis by a 4-to-1 margin are more confident than Palestinians in how President Obama handles his foreign policy, a poll found.

The Pew Research Center poll released Thursday found that 61 percent of Israelis “express confidence in the American president to do the right thing regarding world affairs,” as opposed to 15 percent of Palestinians.

Obama’s numbers numbers among Israelis are a 12 point increase over when the same question was asked in 2011.

Notably, the poll follows Obama’s visit in March, in which he emphasized Israel’s security needs and the Jewish connection to the region while pressing for a revival of the peace process.

Read more: http://forward.com/articles/176368/-of-israelis-back-barack-obamas-foreign-policy/#ixzz2SsH4FLgD

:angry:

there are a lot of moderate israelis.

me? i'm just glad this administration doesn't keep israel from defending itself like the two bush presidents did.

simpsonofpg
05-10-2013, 11:53 AM
It this 61% like our 47%. I have done a lot of business in Isreal and never met any of the 61%.

jillian
05-10-2013, 11:56 AM
It this 61% like our 47%. I have done a lot of business in Isreal and never met any of the 61%.

what 47% would that be?

patrickt
05-10-2013, 05:07 PM
what 47% would that be?

A little less than half of the 99%.

I don't believe 61% of Americans think President Obama has a foreign policy beyond siding with our enemies wherever they may be found. I don't believe 61% of the Israelis are supportive of President Obama's foreign policy concerning Israel and the Palestinians.

Sorry, that just doesn't pass the basic smell test.

roadmaster
05-10-2013, 05:35 PM
I find that hard to believe. Israel refuses to grant asylum status, the majority of African refugees are not allowed to work, and hundreds find themselves in political and economic limbo, and often homeless. They do take in others as long as they are white.