PDA

View Full Version : This is what Obama and the Democrats are all about.

TheDictator
05-10-2013, 11:07 AM
IRS apologizes for targeting conservative groupsBy STEPHEN OHLEMACHER Associated Press The Associated Press
Friday, May 10, 2013 11:35 AM EDT

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Internal Revenue Service inappropriately flagged conservative political groups for additional reviews during the 2012 election to see if they were violating their tax-exempt status, a top IRS official said Friday.
Organizations were singled out because they included the words "tea party" or "patriot" in their applications for tax-exempt status, said Lois Lerner, who heads the IRS division that oversees tax-exempt groups.
In some cases, groups were asked for their list of donors, which violates IRS policy in most cases, she said.
"That was wrong. That was absolutely incorrect, it was insensitive and it was inappropriate. That's not how we go about selecting cases for further review," Lerner said at a conference sponsored by the American Bar Association.
"The IRS would like to apologize for that," she added.
Lerner said the practice was initiated by low-level workers in Cincinnati and was not motivated by political bias. After her talk, she told The AP that no high level IRS officials knew about the practice. She did not say when they found out.
Many conservative groups complained during the election that they were being harassed by the IRS. They accused the agency of frustrating their attempts to become tax exempt by sending them lengthy, intrusive questionnaires.
The forms, which the groups made available at the time, sought information about group members' political activities, including details of their postings on social networking websites and about family members.
Certain tax-exempt charitable groups can conduct political activities but it cannot be their primary activity.
IRS Commissioner Douglas Shulman told Congress in March 2012 that the IRS was not targeting groups based on their political views.
"There's absolutely no targeting. This is the kind of back and forth that happens to people" who apply for tax-exempt status, Shulman told a House Ways and Means subcommittee.
Shulman was appointed by President George W. Bush. His 6-year term ended in November. President Barack Obama has yet to nominate a successor. The agency is now being run by acting Commissioner Steven Miller.

truthmatters
05-10-2013, 11:11 AM
Link?????

nic34
05-10-2013, 11:22 AM
So the title of your piece is This is what Obama and the Democrats are all about, yet the IRS Commissioner Douglas Shulman was appointed by George W. Bush.

You really are something.

Then it says: "President Barack Obama has yet to nominate a successor. The agency is now being run by acting Commissioner Steven Miller."

That's even better!

Now maybe tell us how many of Obama's appointment nominee's are being held up by the do nothing republicans whose job is to approve those appointments.

This hypocrisy the best you can do?

truthmatters
05-10-2013, 11:23 AM
there is no honesty left on the right

killianr1
05-10-2013, 01:44 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2013/05/10/us/politics/ap-us-irs-political-groups.html?partner=rss&emc=rss&_r=0
IRS Apologizes for Targeting Conservative GroupsBy THE ASSOCIATED PRESS Published: May 10, 2013 at 1:23 PM ET

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Internal Revenue Service inappropriately flagged conservative political groups for additional reviews during the 2012 election to see if they were violating their tax-exempt status, a top IRS official said Friday.

Organizations were singled out because they included the words "tea party" or "patriot" in their applications for tax-exempt status, said Lois Lerner, who heads the IRS division that oversees tax-exempt groups.
In some cases, groups were asked for their list of donors, which violates IRS policy in most cases, she said.
"That was wrong. That was absolutely incorrect, it was insensitive and it was inappropriate. That's not how we go about selecting cases for further review," Lerner said at a conference sponsored by the American Bar Association

I think the issue is the left cannot accept the truth any more.

jillian
05-10-2013, 02:25 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2013/05/10/us/politics/ap-us-irs-political-groups.html?partner=rss&emc=rss&_r=0 I think the issue is the left cannot accept the truth any more.

you can pretend that's the case. but the reality is that the radical right is so far right it can't tell where the middle is anymore

and spends so much time listening to wackos like glenn beck and sarah palin that they have no idea what the truth is at all.

KC
05-10-2013, 02:45 PM

There simply is no honesty, left or right.

Micketto
05-10-2013, 03:29 PM
IRS apologizes for targeting conservative groups

By STEPHEN OHLEMACHER Associated Press The Associated Press
Friday, May 10, 2013 11:35 AM EDT

"That was wrong. That was absolutely incorrect, it was insensitive and it was inappropriate. That's not how we go about selecting cases for further review," Lerner said at a conference sponsored by the American Bar Association.
"The IRS would like to apologize for that," she added.
Lerner said the practice was initiated by low-level workers in Cincinnati and was not motivated by political bias. After her talk, she told The AP that no high level IRS officials knew about the practice. She did not say when they found out.
Many conservative groups complained during the election that they were being harassed by the IRS. They accused the agency of frustrating their attempts to become tax exempt by sending them lengthy, intrusive questionnaires.
The forms, which the groups made available at the time, sought information about group members' political activities, including details of their postings on social networking websites and about family members.
Certain tax-exempt charitable groups can conduct political activities but it cannot be their primary activity.
IRS Commissioner Douglas Shulman told Congress in March 2012 that the IRS was not targeting groups based on their political views.
"There's absolutely no targeting. This is the kind of back and forth that happens to people" who apply for tax-exempt status, Shulman told a House Ways and Means subcommittee.
Shulman was appointed by President George W. Bush. His 6-year term ended in November. President Barack Obama has yet to nominate a successor. The agency is now being run by acting Commissioner Steven Miller.

Pretty normal for Obama to leave posts open a long time before he bothers to fill them, eh.
Like running without a budget for the first 4 years....

Crazy how these people can purposely focus on donors, or anyone else they ask about.
This obviously doesn't go to the top... but who the hell is in charge in Cincinnati ?

I love how they say it wasn't motivated by political bias.... but are apologizing for targeting Conservatives.

I guess if they had found anything we would have heard.... like Obama's choices for his cabinet in '09.... weren't like half of them found to be tax cheats? lol

Ok.. back to you idiots that want to ramble on about Glenn Beck and Sarah Palin.

Still.

patrickt
05-10-2013, 04:06 PM
There simply is no honesty, left or right.

I'm only 72 and I don't remember a time politicians were honest. But, I also don't remember a time that partisans were so eager to say, "They're just as bad as we are, really."

I remember when President Nixon was accused of wanting the IRS to audit his enemies. He failed. I also remember when the IRS did audit all but one of President Clinton's accusers. The IRS and the White House said it was pure coincidence and mathematicians said that was bullshit. Now, we have the IRS at it again.

http://www.wnd.com/2000/05/4515/
"Juanita Broaddrick, who publicly accused Bill Clinton of raping her
when he was Arkansas attorney general in 1978, is now protesting an
Internal Revenue Service audit of her nursing home for tax returns that
were filed covering 1998.
Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2000/05/4515/#f6KlSqfdHg4Srheq.99
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/special/pjones/stories/pj010798.htm
"In the letter, they noted that the IRS also audited Billy Dale, the White House travel office director fired by the Clintons: "Either lightning really did strike twice – coincidentally hitting two of the President's most vocal opponents – or individuals within this government have grossly misused their authority to attack those they perceive as enemies of the President."

In case you've forgotten, or weren't around, the Clinton White House also had the FBI launch an investigation against Biily Dale in what became known as Travelgate and the investigation came to nothing.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/668451/posts
"IRS OFFICIAL ADMITS: “WHAT DO YOU EXPECT WHEN YOU SUE THE PRESIDENT?”

"An official with the Internal Revenue Service has admitted that legal opponents of former President Bill Clinton were singled out for tax audits, according to court documents made public this week."

"But Judicial Watch wasn't alone. Witnesses bearing damaging testimony against the president were a favorite target of the Clinton IRS. Those singled out for audits include: Clinton paramours Gennifer Flowers and Liz Ward Gracen, sexual assault accusers Paula Jones and Juanita Broaddrick, and fired White House Travel Office Director Billy Dale."
http://thefiringline.com/forums/archive/index.php?t-110501.html

I do realize that was so long ago and liberals have a really, really short attention span but I would love to hear someone who believes they're all the same to cite an example of the White House under President Bush using the IRS to attack it's opponents.

patrickt
05-10-2013, 04:58 PM
you can pretend that's the case. but the reality is that the radical right is so far right it can't tell where the middle is anymore

and spends so much time listening to wackos like glenn beck and sarah palin that they have no idea what the truth is at all.

Liberals are desperate to distract and hijack the thread. How pitiful. They will do anything to avoid discussing the fact that for at least two liberal regimes the IRS functioned as hit men for the White House.

patrickt
05-10-2013, 08:42 PM
Ignore statements about an investigation of the IRS by Congress. We had one of those under President Reagan and while a lot of problems surfaced nothing happened except the whistleblowers disappeared. A friend in the IRS scoffed at the hearings and said, "As long as we're the bag men for Congress they won't do shit." He was right. He's dead now but he'll still be right.

simpsonofpg
05-11-2013, 09:10 AM
So the title of your piece is This is what Obama and the Democrats are all about, yet the IRS Commissioner Douglas Shulman was appointed by George W. Bush.

You really are something.

Then it says: "President Barack Obama has yet to nominate a successor. The agency is now being run by acting Commissioner Steven Miller."

That's even better!

Now maybe tell us how many of Obama's appointment nominee's are being held up by the do nothing republicans whose job is to approve those appointments.

This hypocrisy the best you can do?
Bush may have appointed the guy but he works for the POTUS if you recall your advanced constitutional training. Do you guys ever take your blinders off. I admit to a conservative bias but still see merit on the other side but you never see anything except blind obidence to your belief. Ever do any independent thinking.

truthmatters
05-11-2013, 09:13 AM
do you EVER say anything based on facts?

Ransom
05-11-2013, 05:59 PM

not even a nice deflection this thread concerns the IRS targeting the Tea Party and you throw Beck or Palin up here? You aren't even good at being a hack, you're too transparent. Casper

BillyBob
05-11-2013, 08:04 PM
you can pretend that's the case. but the reality is that the radical right left is so far right left it can't tell where the middle is anymore

Fixed.

BillyBob
05-11-2013, 08:05 PM
do you I EVER say anything based on facts?

No, you do not.

Private Pickle
05-11-2013, 08:20 PM

It's OK. You can admit that you don't mind the IRS targeting right wing groups.

BillyBob
05-11-2013, 08:28 PM
It's OK. You can admit that you don't mind the IRS targeting right wing groups.

Libs love big government and they love when the big fascist government targets US citizens who still defend liberty.

Of course, they'll never admit they are fascists.
First reason is because they have been told by their handlers that fascism is a rightwing ideology.
Second reason is because they are too stupid to know the difference.

simpsonofpg
05-12-2013, 07:45 PM
Liberals are desperate to distract and hijack the thread. How pitiful. They will do anything to avoid discussing the fact that for at least two liberal regimes the IRS functioned as hit men for the White House.
Liberals think goverment exist to do their bidding. Conservative think goverment exist to serve all of the populace. it is huge difference in concept.

jillian
05-12-2013, 08:01 PM
Liberals think goverment exist to do their bidding. Conservative think goverment exist to serve all of the populace. it is huge difference in concept.

The people you think are "conservative" are reactionaries. And your view of what those reactionaries believe appears particularly backwards to me.

What you pretend so-called liberals believe is simply anything that the reactionaries don't like. You don't appear particularly interested in what people actually believe.

Mainecoons
05-12-2013, 08:04 PM
re·ac·tion·ar·y [ree-ak-shuh-ner-ee] [/URL] Show IPA adjective, noun, plural re·ac·tion·ar·ies.
adjective1.of, pertaining to, marked by, or favoring [URL="http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/reaction"]reaction (http://dictionary.reference.com/help/luna/Spell_pron_key.html), especially extreme conservatism or rightism in politics (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/politics); opposing political or social change.

noun2.a reactionary person

Yep, that's me. I'm definitely opposing the "change" you and Obama are selling since it is just more of the same tired old failed progressive BS.

Adelaide
05-12-2013, 10:57 PM
Whomever is responsible for the actions of the IRS should be punished. If it were the CRA, I would expect the commissioner/board of management and those directly involved on the frontline to lose their jobs, (and pensions).

jillian
05-12-2013, 10:58 PM
Whomever is responsible for the actions of the IRS should be punished. If it were the CRA, I would expect the commissioner/board of management and those directly involved on the frontline to lose their jobs, (and pensions).

i would think there should certainly be a fact-finding as to what happened and those involved should be dealt with appropriately.

Peter1469
05-12-2013, 11:01 PM
I expect that nothing will happen. Neither the administration nor the MSM cares about right wing groups being targeted. They are likely happy about it.

Adelaide
05-12-2013, 11:03 PM
i would think there should certainly be a fact-finding as to what happened and those involved should be dealt with appropriately.

Absolutely. First they need to figure out exactly what happened and who took what actions that led to this. It would seem to me that fucking with people in this way could warrant more than a loss of employment but possibly criminal charges? If you're in a position of power in an organization such as the IRS (or Canadian equivalent) and act in this way, I would hope the level of accountability would be much greater than simple loss of employment simply because these people are given so much authority.

Peter1469
05-13-2013, 04:25 AM
This has been going on for a long time in the US.

truthmatters
05-13-2013, 06:21 AM
I still cant figure out why a tax entity would single out this group for extra scrutiny.

They merely hate all taxes and call then the work of the debil.

They should not have had to undergo any further scrutiny than any other group but please do realize this is NOT a poltical part of the government guys.

They were targeted becuase they hates the IRS and HATE all taxes.

Tax guys kinda suspect people like that for trying to aviod taxes.

Im sure you will do you best to try and make it poltical though

jillian
05-13-2013, 06:22 AM
I expect that nothing will happen. Neither the administration nor the MSM cares about right wing groups being targeted. They are likely happy about it.

i think the facts disprove your thesis.

no one wants to see this.

but then again, it also shouldn't be used by people who do the i hate government/i hate the IRS thing to exaggerate what happened. it will be dealt with appropriately. it would have to be.

the question is whether the obama-deranged will try to make even more of it than it is...

and i'll also point out that appears it was the IRS that came forward with what happened when it's internal investigation disclosed what occurred. it's not like it came out because of one of issa's investigation a day rants.

truthmatters
05-13-2013, 06:24 AM
Of course they will.

but the good side is they will hopefully stop torturing the familes of the benghazi dead with their idiot memes and lies about that horrible attack

Agravan
05-13-2013, 07:04 AM

but then again, it also shouldn't be used by people who do the i hate government/i hate the IRS thing to exaggerate what happened. it will be dealt with appropriately. it would have to be.

the question is whether the obama-deranged will try to make even more of it than it is...

and i'll also point out that appears it was the IRS that came forward with what happened when it's internal investigation disclosed what occurred. it's not like it came out because of one of issa's investigation a day rants.
It only came out because an investigator general's report was about to be released. Even then, they still lied about when they found out about this. Lies are systemic with this administration.

Agravan
05-13-2013, 07:06 AM
Of course they will.

but the good side is they will hopefully stop torturing the familes of the benghazi dead with their idiot memes and lies about that horrible attack
And that is exactly why this was released: to distract from Benghazi.
The only ones torturing the families is an administration that refuses to tell the truth about who was responsible for those deaths and why they did nothing to prevent them.

zelmo1234
05-13-2013, 08:13 AM
Of course they will.

You mean the families that finally found out last week six months after the attack that the Whitehouse or state department said Fuck it let them DIE!

The same family that wished Hillary a happy mothersday, at least your child is alive, and you let mine die families.

The FAmilies that have been trying to get to the truth throught the lies of the obama administration!

Those are the families that you are now worried about!

Really keep it up! You are the best thing that could happen the the RNC I wish we could get you national air time!

zelmo1234
05-13-2013, 08:18 AM
And that is exactly why this was released: to distract from Benghazi.
The only ones torturing the families is an administration that refuses to tell the truth about who was responsible for those deaths and why they did nothing to prevent them.

I think that you are correct, but it seems to be backfiring as it is adding to the shitstorm!

This and if the projected results of Obamacare take effect will loom over the 2014 elections, but will b e forgoten by 2016

Things are starting to mount up on this administration and people will tire of the constant scandal! just as the tired fo the wars that Obama promised to end!

It could be likely that the Republicans could run a frog adn win the whitehouse, and that is why I think that Hillary reguardless will get this nomination, it puts the Clintons in the past for the DNC!

truthmatters
05-13-2013, 08:28 AM
http://www.bvonmoney.com/2010/12/03/irs-minorities-tax-taxes-trouble-audits/

Micketto
05-13-2013, 08:37 AM
I realize you're airheaded and basically live to argue... but was there a point to your post ?!

patrickt
05-13-2013, 08:58 AM

When the left gets caught and even the media can't cover for them they always squeal, "They did it, too." Sometimes they're right. Usually they're not. Actions like suing individual states to guarantee crooked elections is something unique to the left.

jillian
05-13-2013, 09:18 AM
It only came out because an investigator general's report was about to be released. Even then, they still lied about when they found out about this. Lies are systemic with this administration.

this "administration" was responsible? really? and you've determined that how? because rightwing talk radio and the rightwingnut blogosphere say so and that's all you've got?

spin is endemic in every adminstration.... for better or worse. but we don't even know what happened here yet.

and i'll point out to you the differene in how this is being handled... which is the admin apparently trying to get to the bottom of it, as it should...

and the obstruction when valerie plame was outed...

or when they tortured people?

or when they violated the right to habeas corpus?

or when they took away the FISA warrant requirement for wiretaps?

or is that insignificant to you because you didn't care what the prior admin did?

you should probably get some perspective.

Agravan
05-13-2013, 09:38 AM
this "administration" was responsible? really? and you've determined that how? because rightwing talk radio and the rightwingnut blogosphere say so and that's all you've got?

spin is endemic in every adminstration.... for better or worse. but we don't even know what happened here yet.

and i'll point out to you the differene in how this is being handled... which is the admin apparently trying to get to the bottom of it, as it should...

and the obstruction when valerie plame was outed...

or when they tortured people?

or when they violated the right to habeas corpus?

or when they took away the FISA warrant requirement for wiretaps?

or is that insignificant to you because you didn't care what the prior admin did?

you should probably get some perspective.

Re-read the post and point out where I said this administration was responsible. Or are you unable to comprehend simple English?
There is also no evidence that the administration is trying to do anything but distract from Bengazi yet. Did the IRS not say they just found out about this? But now it's coming out that top officials were made aware of this in June of 2011?? Who is lying, the IG or the IRS?
Everything else you mentioned is just more leftist insanity and distraction.

nic34
05-13-2013, 11:23 AM
http://www.bvonmoney.com/2010/12/03/irs-minorities-tax-taxes-trouble-audits/

Minorities have dealt with this for decades.... but when a conservative gets the treatment there is howling at the MOON!

zelmo1234
05-13-2013, 11:43 AM
I realize you're airheaded and basically live to argue... but was there a point to your post ?!

It is absolutly No different to target minorities? They should not target anyone, now the article sounds like it is in the random audits of low income, then random can't be helped, but they should not target minorities!

Micketto
05-13-2013, 11:45 AM
Minorities have dealt with this for decades.... but when a conservative gets the treatment there is howling at the MOON!

So you're saying minorities are just pushovers, and will take whatever is done to them.
Got it.

You don't think much of them do ya.

Why would anyone be OK with it ?

Micketto
05-13-2013, 11:47 AM
It is absolutly No different to target minorities? They should not target anyone, now the article sounds like it is in the random audits of low income, then random can't be helped, but they should not target minorities!

I agree... it's just funny that when the Right points out something that shouldn't be happening to anyone... the left get defensive and say:
"but look what they do to (insert minority here) !!!"

Those people should have complained too.
Or are the Right the only ones that won't just bend over and take it ?

By all the blaming and whining, and lack of action from the left.... I have a feeling that's the case.

Peter1469
05-13-2013, 12:15 PM

The IRS came forward because they knew the press was going to run the story. Smart move.

simpsonofpg
05-14-2013, 02:13 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2013/05/10/us/politics/ap-us-irs-political-groups.html?partner=rss&emc=rss&_r=0 I think the issue is the left cannot accept the truth any more.

You can accept what you don't know. How do you applogize for breaking the law. Hey mister I am sorry I shot you, I meant to shot the guy next to you. If they broke the law the guy at the top need to pay the price. I may be wrong but insn't Obama head of the whole deal.