PDA

View Full Version : CAIN.....In or out, Announcement Today.

MMC
12-03-2011, 08:40 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/cain-whether-hell-stay-race-082446546.html
AP – 2 mins 25 secs ago.....

ATLANTA (AP) — Does he stay or does he go?
Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain is keeping supporters in suspense ahead of his expected announcement Saturday about whether he will quit the race in after a string of sexual harassment allegations and a claim of an extramarital affair.

With the candidate's poll numbers plummeting and fundraising stalled, some campaign aides said privately they expected him to drop out. But Cain spokesman J.D. Gordon said late Friday that no decision had been made.

Campaign volunteers were keeping busy Friday night, tacking up signs at his headquarters. A contingent of Secret Service agents inspected the site in advance of Cain's arrival.

But once in the national spotlight, Cain fumbled policy questions, leaving some to wonder whether he was ready for the presidency. Then it was revealed at the end of October that the National Restaurant Association had paid settlements to two women who claimed Cain sexually harassed them while he was president of the organization.
A third woman told The Associated Press that Cain made inappropriate sexual advances but that she didn't file a complaint. A fourth woman also stepped forward to accuse Cain of groping her in a car in 1997.

Polls suggest his popularity has suffered. A Des Moines Register poll released Friday showed Cain's support plunging, with backing from 8 percent of Republican caucus-goers in Iowa, compared with 23 percent a month ago.

Fundraising has also fallen off. He issued an email appeal to supporters on Friday asking for donations, in an attempt to gauge whether his financial support has dried up.

"I need to know that you are behind me 100 percent," Cain told backers. "In today's political environment, the only way we can gauge true support is by the willingness of our supporters to invest in this effort.".....snip~

What happened to I am in it to win it :huh: To hit the top of the mark and to fall all the way down to 8% in the Iowa Polls. Think Mr Cain goes on? Is he out or is still storking it? If he drops out shouldnt he have to give back the money that was donated to him? also should he be billed for the Secret Service? :rollseyes:

Captain Obvious
12-03-2011, 09:54 AM
He's a pariah at this point, I don't see him as a viable candidate.

Conley
12-03-2011, 09:56 AM
If the money runs out then he'll have no choice but to quit. I guess he could go into debt like Bachmann but that doesn't seem like a smart move. Many thought he never truly was "in it to win it", it was more of a business move and to sell books.

Captain Obvious
12-03-2011, 10:03 AM
That whole giving money to that broad without his wife's knowledge is the final nail in his campaign coffin IMO. He's scrambled eggs and leeks now.

MMC
12-03-2011, 10:59 AM
First time since he has seen his wife while on the road eh.....bet that one lifted more than her eyebrows. Anyone know what his wife looks like? Looks like he was making a statement bout he will do whatever for his family. Does he have any sons? Daughters? Or is it just him and his wife? Cuz if thats the case he might not just be losing his presidential run for the money.

wingrider
12-03-2011, 09:59 PM
one word.... OUT