PDA

View Full Version : Democratic Party Orders IRS to Investigate

TheDictator
05-15-2013, 09:50 AM
Democratic Sen. Levin pressured IRS to investigate conservative nonprofitsPublished May 15, 2013
Washington Free Beacon

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/05/15/democratic-sen-levin-pressured-irs-to-investigate-conservative-nonprofits/?intcmp=HPBucket#ixzz2TNCU1y33

Sen. Carl Levin, D-Mich., repeatedly pressed the Internal Revenue Service to investigate the tax-exempt status of specific conservative nonprofit organizations in letters to then-IRS commissioner Doug Shulman and director Lois Lerner in 2012.

zelmo1234
05-15-2013, 09:55 AM
Democratic Sen. Levin pressured IRS to investigate conservative nonprofits

Published May 15, 2013
Washington Free Beacon

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/05/15/democratic-sen-levin-pressured-irs-to-investigate-conservative-nonprofits/?intcmp=HPBucket#ixzz2TNCU1y33

Sen. Carl Levin, D-Mich., repeatedly pressed the Internal Revenue Service to investigate the tax-exempt status of specific conservative nonprofit organizations in letters to then-IRS commissioner Doug Shulman and director Lois Lerner in 2012.

Well this could explain why he is not running again!

truthmatters
05-15-2013, 10:08 AM
when you scream in the streets that taxes are illegal and that the IRS should be killed then people might think you will cheat on your taxes

TheDictator
05-15-2013, 10:25 AM
when you scream in the streets that taxes are illegal and that the IRS should be killed then people might think you will cheat on your taxes

The Obama Adm. had it's fair share Tax Cheats, so guess the IRS should investigate Obama, the Democratic Party, and all Democrats.

Cigar
05-15-2013, 10:29 AM
The Obama Adm. had it's fair share Tax Cheats, so guess the IRS should investigate Obama, the Democratic Party, and all Democrats.

They can start with me ... I sure as hell would like a recount on my Taxes,

TheDictator
05-15-2013, 10:34 AM
They can start with me ... I sure as hell would like a recount on my Taxes,

As a Democrat you want to pay more lots more. Right, or is that just the other guy needs to pay more.

Cigar
05-15-2013, 10:36 AM
As a Democrat you want to pay more lots more. Right, or is that just the other guy needs to pay more.

I did pay more ... next!

TheDictator
05-15-2013, 10:54 AM
I did pay more ... next!

LOL, well good you should have. Oh I payed less this year.

Cigar
05-15-2013, 11:09 AM
LOL, well good you should have. Oh I payed less this year.

Well I made a concealable amount more ... so I can't bitch that much :laugh:

nic34
05-15-2013, 11:19 AM
They complain that they have taxes to pay at all.

They just want "free stuff" I guess.....

Cigar
05-15-2013, 11:39 AM
Blame Citizens United for the IRS scandal
The real outrage is why these political groups have tax-exempt status in the first place

Nope, I’m not going to defend the IRS, which appears to have acted in ways wholly inconsistent with their mandate for unbiased investigations into, in this case, whether certain political groups should receive tax-exempt status. It is unclear how high up the chain of command these untoward actions went, but this morning’s news suggests it wasn’t just a few rogue auditors in Cincinnati.

The problem wasn’t that the agency scrutinized these so-called “social welfare” organizations—as I’ll emphasize in a moment, tax law in this area is an accident going out to happen. It’s that they violated neutrality, investigating conservative groups by searching on “tea party” and “patriot.”

Republicans will of course try to pin this on the President, despite the fact that since Nixon used the IRS to target his enemies, the president’s been barred from even discussing this kind of thing with the agency.

No, the problem here isn’t the president. It’s the Supreme Court’s Citizen United decision and subsequent tax law written by Congress that gives these groups tax exempt status (under rule 501(c)(4)) as long as most of their activities are primarily on educating the public about policy issues, not direct campaigning.

http://www.salon.com/2013/05/15/blame_citizens_united_for_the_irs_scandal_partner/

TheDictator
05-15-2013, 12:16 PM
They complain that they have taxes to pay at all.

They just want "free stuff" I guess.....

I do not have a problem paying my taxes, and I don't complain about it also. I do not get free stuff, I work for a living. I also give my pay check for being a county official to the county woman's crises center, and I pay taxes on that pay check.

zelmo1234
05-15-2013, 01:27 PM
I did pay more ... next!

So are you paying your fair share yet? They tell me that I am not!

Cigar
05-15-2013, 01:27 PM
Another GOP Obama Scandal Falls Apart as It Is Revealed the IRS also Targeted Liberals

The latest Republican Obama scandal is starting to fall apart too. The IRS didn’t just target conservative groups. They also questioned the tax exempt status of liberal groups too.

In 2012, The Chicago Tribune reported on the IRS denying tax exempt status to a liberal political group,

Full article here: http://www.politicususa.com/gop-scandal-falls-irs-targeted-liberals-2012.html?utm_campaign=122824&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitter

Cigar
05-15-2013, 01:29 PM
So are you paying your fair share yet? They tell me that I am not!

I'll never tell any of my secretes on the internet ... the I.R.S maybe sneaking around this joint. :)

simpsonofpg
05-15-2013, 01:52 PM

Where do you get your information from another well known memeber of the post. I have never ever heard of anyone saying the IRS should be killed. As for cheating on my taxes, that is illegal. I prefer tax avoidance it is so much more refined.

TheDictator
05-15-2013, 03:00 PM
Where do you get your information from another well known memeber of the post. I have never ever heard of anyone saying the IRS should be killed. As for cheating on my taxes, that is illegal. I prefer tax avoidance it is so much more refined.

He just makes stuff up.

bladimz
05-15-2013, 08:14 PM
No, the problem here isn’t the president. It’s the Supreme Court’s Citizen United decision and subsequent tax law written by Congress that gives these groups tax exempt status (under rule 501(c)(4)) as long as most of their activities are primarily on educating the public about policy issues, not direct campaigning.The problem with this is that the phraseology should have been "activities are exclusively on educating the public about policy issues", not "activities are primarily on educating the public about policy issues". This small revision would have ended and ended a grey area and left a clear and concise one in its' place.

bladimz
05-15-2013, 08:21 PM
Not sure if you're being sarcastic (last line) or not, but there are plenty of yokels in that group who do believe that taxes are illegal. I'm not sure where they get that, but my response is to allow them the freedom to refuse their tax obligation, provided they absolutely not use nor take advantage of any product or service created as a result of taxes collected by their government. Sounds fair to me, but i doubt that they'll like it in the long run.

zelmo1234
05-15-2013, 08:38 PM
Not sure if you're being sarcastic (last line) or not, but there are plenty of yokels in that group who do believe that taxes are illegal. I'm not sure where they get that, but my response is to allow them the freedom to refuse their tax obligation, provided they absolutely not use nor take advantage of any product or service created as a result of taxes collected by their government. Sounds fair to me, but i doubt that they'll like it in the long run.

How about those that do not pay federal income tax not use any of the things that are povided by anything but their FICA taxes?

That sounds fair to me?

JimH52
05-15-2013, 09:02 PM
Levin's list contained nine conservative groups, including Club for Growth, Americans for Tax Reform, and Americans for Prosperity. It also included two liberal groups and one centrist group.

Let's see....what does Tea Party conjure up in your mind. Isn't it something about a group that is adamantly against taxes. Please...:huh:

Mainecoons
05-15-2013, 09:14 PM
He's back!

Micketto
05-16-2013, 08:04 AM
Levin was corrupt in Michigan, yet the left in Michigan keep reelecting the guy. In MI the left is like a bunch of Marion Berry supporters... or Coleman Young supporters (to keep it local).

Anyway... the Dems using the IRS for their own gain is nothing new.

Remember "Joe the Plumber"... who DARED to challenge Barack Obama during a campaign stop.
How the very next day his financial info, including tax returns and business licenses were all made public ?

This is how (many, not all) on the left work. It just makes them all look bad.

No one should be surprised by this anymore.

Cigar
05-16-2013, 08:07 AM
What time do the Impeachment Hearing Start? :laugh:

zelmo1234
05-16-2013, 08:20 AM
I thnk that Obama stays Clean, but at the cost of looking un infomed!

The big loss for the President is his Agenda is totally shot for the Future!

And weather you will admit it or not, this looks bad for the Mid term elections!

If the Dems can't take back the House and Hold the Senate, then The Lame Duck Presidency Started this Week!

But a Governement that does nothing is not a bad government!

TheDictator
05-16-2013, 08:25 AM
But a Governement that does nothing is not a bad government!

I agree

Cigar
05-16-2013, 08:27 AM
So let's go play some Golf .... and don't Bitch about it either. :)

http://images.politico.com/global/blogs/110616_obama_golf_cart_465_reut.jpg

Mister D
05-16-2013, 08:33 AM
I can't say I'm surprised that the mindless partisans on this forum are attempting to excuse the IRS. This is pretty disturbing abuse of power.