PDA

View Full Version : How the WH escaped blame for the IRS scandal

JimH52
05-16-2013, 04:55 PM
http://www.businessinsider.com/white-house-escaped-blame-irs-scandal-2013-5

Sorry GOP

simpsonofpg
05-16-2013, 05:25 PM
What is this, I have to join a forum to see where you get your misinformation.

jillian
05-16-2013, 05:26 PM

yes, that well known bastion of liberalism, the business insider, MUST be wrong because you say so.

JimH52
05-16-2013, 07:44 PM

You are kidding, right?...

Mainecoons
05-16-2013, 07:47 PM
Bagdad Jim!

Common
05-17-2013, 02:43 AM
Look Govt is structured like the Cosa Nostra, there is a Godfather, <potus> Theres his 2, Captain and his 3 Consigliere, then Capos who run the buttons and the solidiers, no one knows where any order came from above who gave it to them as it goes down the ranks, they ALL have to roll individually for it to ever get to the Godfather but before that happens they just whack a couple of the layers and it stops the bleeding.

JimH52
05-17-2013, 06:22 AM
Look Govt is structured like the Cosa Nostra, there is a Godfather, <potus> Theres his 2, Captain and his 3 Consigliere, then Capos who run the buttons and the solidiers, no one knows where any order came from above who gave it to them as it goes down the ranks, they ALL have to roll individually for it to ever get to the Godfather but before that happens they just whack a couple of the layers and it stops the bleeding.

You must be thinking of the Nixon years. I recall them. Or maybe you are thinking of the Bush Jr. years? You know, when the puppeteer named DICK helped us start two wars and the administration that crashed the economy by awarding a tax cut to the wealthy during those two wars. You know, the one with the recovering alcoholic in the oval office. That worked out well, huh? It will be years, and possibly a generation or two, before the Country recovers from the W years

truthmatters
05-17-2013, 06:52 AM
the people are figuring out that the republican party lies.

It used to be when they got cuaght lieing or cheating they would immedietaly talk about well all politicians lie and all partys cheat.

now the people are begining to see its always the republicans saying that when they get caught lying.

How anyone with any honesty can be a reapublican nowadays is beyond me.

I guess that is why eventhey DENY being republicans all the time on the internets.

I have seen people spout every single republican talking point and then get all veclempt wshen you call them a republican.

the right in this country has gone competely insane

Ransom
05-17-2013, 09:59 AM

Sorry GOP

Why should the GOP be sorry. Your link here quotes the President claiming “intolerable and inexcusable" and he's right.....it's just the buck never stops at his desk. It's never the President's fault excuses from you Leftists is what has become intolerable and inexcusable for many Americans. This is blowing up in the faces of the Obama Administration, everyone playing cya now. Including this thread start.

Mainecoons
05-17-2013, 10:35 AM
Keep pretending they didn't know about it, Bagdad Jim!

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/report-irs-deliberately-chose-not-fess-scandal-election_724711.html

Mainecoons
05-18-2013, 01:28 PM
REP. MIKE KELLY (R-PA): This has nothing to do with political parties. This has to do with highly targeted groups. This reconfirms everything the American public believes. This is a huge blow to the faith and trust that the American people have in their government. Is there any limit to the scope where you folks can go? Is there anything at all? Is there any way that we could ask you is there any question that you should have asked?

My goodness. How much money do you have in your wallet? Who do you get emails from? Whose sign do you put up in your front yard? This is a tax question? And you don't think that's intimidating? It's sure as hell intimidating. And I don't know that I got any answers from you today. And I don't know that -- what Mr. George said is great work -- but you know what? There's a heck of a lot more that has to come out in this. Any anybody that sat here today and listened to what you had to say, I am more concerned today than I was before, and the fact that you all can do just about anything you want to anybody?

You know, you can put anybody out of business that you want. Any time you want. I gotta tell you. You could talk about how you're a horribly run organization, if you're on the other side of the fence, you're not giving that excuse. And the IRS comes in, you're not allowed to be shoddy, you're not allowed to be run horribly, you're not allowed to make mistakes, you're not allowed to do one damn thing that doesn't come in compliance, and if you do, you're held responsible right then. I just think the American people have seen what's going on right now in their government. This is absolutely an overreach and this is an outrage for all Americans.

That you would try and turn this scandal into yet another one of your hack partisan rants shows exactly why you've already earned the contempt of many on this board.

BB-35
05-18-2013, 03:36 PM

Sorry GOP

It ain't over yet,jim.

Sorry.

patrickt
05-18-2013, 03:36 PM
You must be thinking of the Nixon years. I recall them. Or maybe you are thinking of the Bush Jr. years? You know, when the puppeteer named DICK helped us start two wars and the administration that crashed the economy by awarding a tax cut to the wealthy during those two wars. You know, the one with the recovering alcoholic in the oval office. That worked out well, huh? It will be years, and possibly a generation or two, before the Country recovers from the W years

If you remember Nixon that probably explains the early onset Alzheimers. You just zipped right over President Carter--known now as the first President Obama--and the non-recovering sex addict who spent two terms in the White House. My dad did that sort of thing, too, but he was 85-years old and had late onset Alzheimers.

Peter1469
05-18-2013, 03:41 PM

The tax cut (that benefited the poor more by %) had nothing to do with either the financial crash or the housing market crash. The tax cut actually improved tax revenues and the economy.