PDA

View Full Version : Heritage letter to Republicans - Capitol Hill: don’t legislate, just scandalize Obama

Cigar
05-17-2013, 02:33 PM
Dear Speaker Boehner and Leader Cantor:

For the first time, the activities of the Obama administration are receiving a sustained public vetting. Americans’ outrage over Benghazi is amplified by the Internal Revenue Service’s intimidation of conservative grassroots organizations and a cascade of negative headlines. There is the real sense the Obama administration has been less than forthright with the American people, the press and lawmakers.

Recent events have rightly focused the nation’s attention squarely on the actions of the Obama administration. It is incumbent upon the House of Representatives to conduct oversight hearings on those actions, but it would be imprudent to do anything that shifts the focus from the Obama administration to the ideological differences within the House Republican Conference.

To that end, we urge you to avoid bringing any legislation to the House Floor that could expose or highlight major schisms within the conference. Legislation such as the Internet sales tax or the FARRM Act which contains nearly $800 billion in food stamp spending, would give the press a reason to shift their attention away from the failures of the Obama administration to write another “circular firing squad” article.

Make no mistake, principled conservatives will still oppose bad policy if it comes to the floor. Rather than scheduling such legislation for consideration, we urge you to keep the attention focused squarely on the Obama administration. As the public’s trust in their government continues to erode, it is incumbent upon those of us who support a smaller, less intrusive government to lead.

Sincerely,

Michael A. Needham
Chief Executive Officer
Heritage Action for America

http://thegrio.com/2013/05/16/heritage-to-republicans-dont-legislate-just-scandalize-obama/
http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/348555/heritage-action-warns-boehner-dont-spoil-party-andrew-stiles

They never ever had any plans of Governing .... just do whatever you can to get The Black Guy out of Office. :afro:

Let me guess ... it's a Lie right? :rollseyes:

Chris
05-17-2013, 02:36 PM
That's goofy, they don't need to scandalize Obama, he's doing a fine good job all by his lonesome!

nic34
05-17-2013, 02:37 PM
Preparing for the GOP 2016 sinking......

Chris
05-17-2013, 02:39 PM
What, DNC stinking is preparing for GOP sinking? Seems to be what partisan politics is all about.

TheDictator
05-17-2013, 02:57 PM
The Democratic party ship is on fire and burning down around them and they say "Oh I think the Republican ship is taking on water".

Cigar
05-17-2013, 05:27 PM
To that end, we urge you to avoid bringing any legislation to the House Floor that could expose or highlight major schisms within the conference.

I have been saying this for over the last 4 years. The Republican Party has no desire to Govern the United States of America, only Obstruct the Black Illegitimate President who should not have the privilege or gall to be President of US. But everyone keeps saying it's his polices, not his color ... I say Bull Shit, it's Racism flat out. Now prove me wrong.

Chris
05-17-2013, 07:26 PM
I have been saying this for over the last 4 years. The Republican Party has no desire to Govern the United States of America, only Obstruct the Black Illegitimate President who should not have the privilege or gall to be President of US. But everyone keeps saying it's his polices, not his color ... I say Bull Shit, it's Racism flat out. Now prove me wrong.

That's interesting. You say the Reps don't want to govern while over the last few days I've read many posts that say Reps want to govern, in fact dictate. Which is it.

It's policies, cigar, policies that are not black and white. No need to prove you wrong since you could never prove yourself right.

truthmatters
05-18-2013, 06:38 AM
its the heritage foundation guys not the Op.

see what you do with facts?

did robmoney win by 5 like you and fox news kept saying?

You cant just lie until things you wish to see come come true .

that is not reality

truthmatters
05-18-2013, 06:42 AM
your party is going to pay a big price in this country for voting against what 90% of the people wanted.

dead babies are hard to paper over with your lies

patrickt
05-18-2013, 07:07 AM
Whining that the U.S. isn't legislating enough is like whining that Michael Moore and Gov. Christie aren't eating enough because they were late to dinner.

keymanjim
05-18-2013, 08:48 AM
Let's bring this into perspective:

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a128/keymanjim/obama-squirrel.gif (http://s10.photobucket.com/user/keymanjim/media/obama-squirrel.gif.html)

Cigar
05-20-2013, 07:08 AM
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Let's just ignore this little factoid :laugh:

Republicans Altered Benghazi Emails, CBS News Report Claims

One day after The White House released 100 pages of Benghazi emails, a report has surfaced alleging that Republicans released a set with altered text.

CBS News reported Thursday that leaked versions sent out by the GOP last Friday had visible differences than Wednesday's official batch. Two correspondences that were singled out in the report came from National Security Adviser Ben Rhodes and State Department Spokeswoman Victoria Nuland.

The GOP version of Rhodes' comment, according to CBS News: "We must make sure that the talking points reflect all agency equities, including those of the State Department, and we don't want to undermine the FBI investigation."

The White House email: "We need to resolve this in a way that respects all of the relevant equities, particularly the investigation."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/16/republicans-benghazi-emails_n_3289428.html

zelmo1234
05-20-2013, 07:19 AM

What I saw in the letter was, until we get to the bottom of this, do not give libereal media outlets something else to talk about, or nearly half of the public will here nothing of the investigations, becuase they will not cover it at all! (this is a correct statement)

NOT ONCE DID I SEE THEM MENTION RACE AT ALL! However!!!!!!!!!!!

In the Allen West thried you decided to make fun of him getting a job on Fox? I think the if you want to find racism, and a true racist, all you need to do is look in the mirror!

Opposing policy is not racism, many of his policies go directly against conservitive core values! And

Cigar
05-20-2013, 07:24 AM
Fair Game to DISCLOSE NAMES of Republicans WHO LIED to ABC News

After taking her viewers through the whole, long, ugly mess with ABC's big "scoop" on the Benghazi emails and the how the story pretty much fizzled out by the end of the week with the discovery that Republicans were responsible for doctoring the supposed quotes from the emails that they published, Rachel Maddow had given her two cents on ABC still protecting the sources who lied to them.

MADDOW: And now, part of the scandal here is a press scandal. You know what? When you get used like this and you end up publishing false information, false quotes, you have to correct it. But the bigger scandal here is not a process matter, not a press matter. There's a very stark fact that somebody in Congress right now, or somebody working for somebody in Congress right now, a staffer, concocted a big lie to try to make the White House look very desperately bad on this Benghazi scandal that they otherwise have not been able to get traction on.

Who told the lie? And a note to my journalist pals who got involved in this scandal. If your source lied to you, they are not actually a source. They are a con artist and you are their victim. It means you don't have to protect them any more. They're not a source.

When you get lied to, when you are a tool of somebody else's deception, when you get lied to, the person lying to you is no longer a source, they are news. Their lie to you is itself news and you can report that news. Republican Congressional offices shopped a false dossier as if it was a White House email. That is a story. The office and the staffers and the members of Congress maybe who did that... that is news. And if you know who it is, you can say so.

http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/heather/maddow-fair-game-disclose-names-republican

How many people here want to bet that these three morons won't be looking for answers .... or apologizing for anything?
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-C1cGB2vBYhI/ULbgC5lcCqI/AAAAAAAAM4Q/xQq6a578OT8/s640/mccain-graham-ayotte.jpg

I'm sure Susan Rice is wondering ... where's the Republican outrage ... from those lying SOBs ?
http://theconservativetreehouse.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/susan-rice-lying.jpg

zelmo1234
05-20-2013, 07:24 AM
its the heritage foundation guys not the Op.

see what you do with facts?

did robmoney win by 5 like you and fox news kept saying?

You cant just lie until things you wish to see come come true .

that is not reality

Let see if you attack this news agency for lying?

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9F06E0D71730F933A0575AC0A96E9C8B 63

So he is a lying sack of crap right???????????? Or is Mr Kerry really the President!

Cigar
05-20-2013, 07:25 AM
What I saw in the letter was, until we get to the bottom of this, do not give libereal media outlets something else to talk about, or nearly half of the public will here nothing of the investigations, becuase they will not cover it at all! (this is a correct statement)

NOT ONCE DID I SEE THEM MENTION RACE AT ALL! However!!!!!!!!!!!

In the Allen West thried you decided to make fun of him getting a job on Fox? I think the if you want to find racism, and a true racist, all you need to do is look in the mirror!

Opposing policy is not racism, many of his policies go directly against conservitive core values! And

Cowards never do mention Race ... that's reason for the Bedsheets

zelmo1234
05-20-2013, 07:35 AM

No Cowards hide behind race, and in the event of failing policies, that is all that you do?

If the shoe were on the other foot, you would be screaming for this prisident to be removed from office, yet you can't defend the deficites, the energy policy, the unemployment numbers, the IRS, Benghazi,EPA,F&F schadels, so you cry Racism! And that my friend is the defintion of a Coward!

Cigar
05-20-2013, 07:38 AM
No Cowards hide behind race, and in the event of failing policies, that is all that you do?

If the shoe were on the other foot, you would be screaming for this prisident to be removed from office, yet you can't defend the deficites, the energy policy, the unemployment numbers, the IRS, Benghazi,EPA,F&F schadels, so you cry Racism! And that my friend is the defintion of a Coward!

More Opps .... :laugh:

Republicans Informed of IRS Investigation Last Year

Source: ABC NEWS

Much has been made of the fact that senior Treasury Department officials were told about the investigation into the treatment of tea party groups in June 2012 — months before last year’s the Presidential election. Republicans who requested the investigation were also told about it at approximately the same time.

In a letter dated July 11, 2012, the man who conducted the investigation — IRS inspector general J. Russell George — wrote to Rep. Darrell Issa, the chairman of the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, telling him that he was investigating the issue and offering to keep him updated as the investigation progressed.
“The Oversight Committee knew about the audit because it requested it,” an Issa aide told ABC News. Issa released the letter, along with his own letter dated June 28, 2012 requesting the investigation, last week.

Read more: http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2013/05/republicans-informed-of-irs-investigation-last-year/

Cigar
05-20-2013, 07:41 AM
and the hits just keep on coming .... :laugh:

GOP Rep Claims Responsibility For AP SurveillanceJust when you thought another event was about to be added to the growing list of Obama ‘scandals’ – what with the Benghazi ‘cover-up’ (debunked by a single e-mail), the IRS surveillance of Tea Party-supporting groups (which flame-throwers like Allen West attempted to conflate into ‘conspiracies’ with no success), and the continuing heat on the military for its policies on sexual abuse – the Department of Justice investigation of Associated Press telephone records, widely expected to be another partisan blowtorch, has just been defended by a Republican congressman who claims it was the Republicans themselves who demanded the investigation last year.

Representative Trey Gowdy (R-SC) spoke to Fox News’ Greta Van Susteren about the issue, one libertarians, journalists, and freedom of information advocates all believe demands review and reform, and instead of using it to bludgeon the administration for overstepping (which most of his party, the media, and even the President’s own party are doing), he instead claimed it was the natural evolution of a GOP demand for a probe. From Think Progress:

“Greta, you were an attorney. There are lots of privileges — husband-wife, priest-penitent, attorney-client, none of them unqualified. So when you have a major national security leak, which is a compelling issue, and you juxtapose that with the right of the media to do its job and provide oversight, there’s a conflict. And there’s no federal statute on point. But the Supreme Court has said if there is a compelling interest, which there certainly is in national security cases, and the information is relevant which it has to be to justify a subpoena, and you have no alternative means of getting the information, then the Department of Justice had no choice. . . .

“Think back a year ago. We had the attorney general and other Department of Justice employees, and we grilled them over national security leaks. And here they are doing what we asked them to do, investigate the leak.”

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/05/16/no-choice-gop-congressman-cites-national-security-defends-doj-investigation-of-ap-video/

Agravan
05-20-2013, 07:56 AM
So, if you never mention race, you're a coward? How about, most people never mention race because it's not the foremost thing in their minds, unlike leftists?
Racism in America will never die because it suits the left's agenda to keep it alive.

zelmo1234
05-20-2013, 07:56 AM
So the Republicans called for an Investigation into the targeting of Conservative organizations by the IRS and received it and were told that they would be informed!

And they asked for an Investigation into the Classified leaks coming out of Washington??

The nerve of these Racist Bastards???

The actually forced the Obama administration to USE the IRS as a Weapon, and aquire massive phone records without a warrant!

How DARE they!

Cigar
05-20-2013, 08:00 AM
I think you boys are going to need a new scandal :) ... these aren't working well for you.

Chris
05-20-2013, 08:13 AM
I think you boys are going to need a new scandal :) ... these aren't working well for you.

In the case of the IRS, it was not a scandal, it was a crime.

Cigar
05-20-2013, 08:16 AM

So the individual or individuals will get their due process ... that's why they have investigations.

You do agree with getting the fact "first", then the "public execution"?

Or is the order wrong for you?

Chris
05-20-2013, 08:23 AM
So the individual or individuals will get their due process ... that's why they have investigations.

I agree. It sounded to me like you were being dismissive of the facts, wanting to sweep them under the rug.

Cigar
05-20-2013, 09:38 AM
I agree. It sounded to me like you were being dismissive of the facts, wanting to sweep them under the rug.

There's Facts and then there's FACTS!

http://editorialcartoonists.com/cartoons/WolveM/2013/WolveM20130520C_low.jpg

jillian
05-20-2013, 09:39 AM

really? a crime? what statute did it violate?

simpsonofpg
05-20-2013, 10:14 AM
That's goofy, they don't need to scandalize Obama, he's doing a fine good job all by his lonesome!

How do you scandalize a scandal. he doesn't need any help, he is doing great all on his own.

Chris
05-20-2013, 10:16 AM
really? a crime? what statute did it violate?

Let's give him credit, even Obama knows this:

President Obama expressed anger Monday at recent revelations that the Internal Revenue Service targeted conservative non-profit groups for increased scrutiny during his first term. “If you have the IRS operating in anything less than a neutral and nonpartisan way, then that is outrageous,” Obama said. “It is contrary to our traditions.”

By traditions, he presumably meant the nation’s laws, which for decades have held that the federal government cannot target specific groups or individuals for tax enforcement without cause. But the IRS has a long history of disregarding this tradition.

Read more: http://swampland.time.com/2013/05/14/anger-over-irs-audits-of-conservatives-anchored-in-long-history-of-abuse/#ixzz2TqWswi8V

zelmo1234
05-20-2013, 10:28 AM

I think that you are absolutly correct they do need to get all of the facts first!

And everyone should want that!

Cigar
05-20-2013, 10:32 AM
I think that you are absolutly correct they do need to get all of the facts first!

And everyone should want that!

Firing a the guy who wasn't or isn't in charge at the time this happened is only a symbolic firing and does nothing to remedy the problem. If this was an Administrative issue, it wouldn't be localized to just the State of Ohio.

Chris
05-20-2013, 10:34 AM
Firing a the guy who wasn't or isn't in charge at the time this happened is only a symbolic firing and does nothing to remedy the problem. If this was an Administrative issue, it wouldn't be localized to just the State of Ohio.

It wasn't.

zelmo1234
05-20-2013, 10:34 AM
Yes they fired a guy that was leaving in 2 weeks anyway! They need to find out who's brain child this was!

Cigar
05-20-2013, 10:37 AM
Yes they fired a guy that was leaving in 2 weeks anyway! They need to find out who's brain child this was!

Gota love those Governemt jobs ... I wonder what his pension package looks like.

If they really wanted to make a statement, they should have made him stay there and cleanup the mess ... or no pension package.

jillian
05-20-2013, 10:38 AM

yes. they do

zelmo1234
05-20-2013, 10:39 AM
Gota love those Governemt jobs ... I wonder what his pension package looks like.

If they really wanted to make a statement, they should have made him stay there and cleanup the mess ... or no pension package.

Amen Brother! letting him go early was a blessing!

TheDictator
05-20-2013, 10:43 AM
your party is going to pay a big price in this country for voting against what 90% of the people wanted.

dead babies are hard to paper over with your lies

Yes, and the Democrat Party has killed Millions of them.

Mainecoons
05-20-2013, 11:00 AM
I think 55 million or so at last count.