PDA

View Full Version : Administration knew last year of the IRS effort to suppress the Tea Party

killianr1
05-20-2013, 02:47 PM
WASHINGTON—Senior Treasury officials were made aware in June 2012 that investigators were looking into complaints from tea party groups that they were being harassed by the Internal Revenue Service, a Treasury inspector general said Friday, disclosing that Obama administration officials knew there was a probe during the heat of the presidential campaign.
J. Russell George, the Treasury inspector general for tax administration, testified alongside ousted IRS head Steven Miller, who did little to subdue Republican outrage during hours of intense congressional questioning. Both defiant and apologetic, Miller acknowledged agency mistakes in targeting tea party groups for special scrutiny when they applied for tax-exempt status, but he insisted that agents broke no laws and that there was no effort to cover up their actions. Just as hiding the truth on Benghazi, the truth was suppressed on the effort of the IRS to defund the Tea Party. Both actions having a clear result on the election.

Agravan
05-20-2013, 02:49 PM
but, but, Buuuuuuusssshhh!!!!!

killianr1
05-20-2013, 03:27 PM
It seems that many no longer value the freedom of the press and the freedom of people to participate in a free election. This is sad. There should be outrage.

Agravan
05-20-2013, 04:13 PM
Obama can do no wrong. Don't you know that by now?

bladimz
05-20-2013, 04:38 PM
You guys do know that Rep. Darrell Issa knew about this last July (http://www.mediaite.com/online/gop-rep-darrell-issa-was-informed-about-irs-investigation-last-july/)...

GOP Rep. Darrell Issa Was Informed About IRS Investigation Last July

The IRS scandal continues to engulf the news cycle as critics from the both sides of the aisle express outrage and demand anger. While there is more than enough anger to go around, it appears some Republicans were informed about the IRS investigation last summer. Including Rep. Darrell Issa (R-CA), the chairman of the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform.

RS inspector general J. Russell George told Issa, in a letter dated July 11, 2012, that he was investigating the matter and offered to keep him updated on the progress. The same letter was sent to Rep. Jim Jordan (R-OH) as well. An Issa aide told ABC News, “The Oversight Committee knew about the audit because it requested it.”

The letter also pointed to Issa’s previously noted concerns about “questionnaires that the IRS has issued which may exceed appropriate scrutiny and a potential lack of balance in the use of criteria for reviewing organizations that are applying for tax-exempt status.”
http://www.mediaite.com/online/gop-rep-darrell-issa-was-informed-about-irs-investigation-last-july/

What's up with Issa? What was he waiting for... he knew about it, yet said nothing. Where was his outrage last July?

Peter1469
05-20-2013, 05:01 PM
This is the most corrupt administration in generations. Maybe more corrupt that Grant.

Mainecoons
05-20-2013, 05:31 PM
This is the same Obama whose campaign practiced ballot fraud in the Democratic primary. Why should anyone be surprised he used the IRS in this manner? It is just who he is.

bladimz
05-20-2013, 05:50 PM
This is the most corrupt administration in generations. Maybe more corrupt that Grant.I would agree, but would replace the world administration with the word government.

bladimz
05-20-2013, 05:51 PM
This is the same Obama whose campaign practiced ballot fraud in the Democratic primary. Why should anyone be surprised he used the IRS in this manner? It is just who he is.Only a partisan hack would suggest ballot fraud without concrete evidence.

Cigar
05-20-2013, 06:46 PM
This is the most corrupt administration in generations. Maybe more corrupt that Grant.What the most? Are you kidding?Wow, the memory of some people. Think Jail Terms in resent history, if your memory is short. :)

darroll
05-20-2013, 06:52 PM
Where are my Tea Party Pals?
Probably in jail?

Agravan
05-20-2013, 06:54 PM
Probably in jail?

Soon, if Obama can manage it.

jillian
05-20-2013, 07:57 PM
Probably in jail?

why? were they threatening anyone?

Adelaide
05-20-2013, 08:08 PM
This is the most corrupt administration in generations. Maybe more corrupt that Grant.

I think that is a bit of a stretch.

Agravan
05-20-2013, 08:10 PM
Not much of one.

Peter1469
05-20-2013, 08:13 PM

We shall see how things pan out.

Adelaide
05-20-2013, 08:22 PM
We shall see how things pan out.

Absolutely, but there were things done by previous administrations that would put most of these scandals to shame in terms of the level of seriousness. I mean, common use of propaganda, central America, McCarthyism, executive order 9066, so on... Yes, these scandals are terrible and if they turn out to be the fault of Obama then it seriously puts him near the top of the list of most corrupt presidents in recent history, but he's hardly the the most corrupt since Grant.

Peter1469
05-20-2013, 08:35 PM
Absolutely, but there were things done by previous administrations that would put most of these scandals to shame in terms of the level of seriousness. I mean, common use of propaganda, central America, McCarthyism, executive order 9066, so on... Yes, these scandals are terrible and if they turn out to be the fault of Obama then it seriously puts him near the top of the list of most corrupt presidents in recent history, but he's hardly the the most corrupt since Grant.

Maybe you are correct. :wink:

Chris
05-20-2013, 08:46 PM

Yes, ain't government great. Ah, but, all we need do is elect the other party to fix it. Oh, wait, they're just as corrupt.

Chris
05-20-2013, 08:53 PM
...I take a bipartisan approach to Washington, DC’s political scandals and find myself savoring them all, regardless of the party that is in control of the White House. Any sane person would conclude that all administrations and bureaucracies essentially are corrupt given that they thrive on the exertion of power of other people. We know about the corrupting influence of power, and DC has become like ancient Rome that way. It’s a magnet for those seeking favor, money, or a big title administering some pointless program.

...That’s the main lesson from this latest mess: the federal government is an untamable beast....

Government is about power and force. Many people charged with power over others will abuse it. That’s human nature. Unfortunately, the nation’s founding ideals -- limited, accountable government, with separated powers and checks and balances -- have been fading away. Government is so big that even the president and the attorney general claim they have no idea what their departments are doing. I almost believe them....

@ Obama’s Scandals Reveal the True Face of Government (http://reason.com/archives/2013/05/17/obamas-scandals-reveal-the-true-face-of)

killianr1
05-21-2013, 08:54 AM
Having the main stream media in your back pocket, manipulating the truth, obscuring the truth, and outright lying can add much to your effort to get reelected. But when the going gets real tough just send out your mignons to downplay the cheating and lying as unimportant. Besides that was so long ago.
"The law is irrelevant."
Fox News' Chris Wallace asked a question I've been wondering about (http://townhall.com/tipsheet/guybenson/2012/12/12/three-months-later-no-justice-many-questions-in-benghazi-n1465289) for some time. Where was the Commander-in-Chief as the terrorist attack unfolded? Surprise -- Pfeiffer thinks the answer to that inquiry is "largely irrelevant," too:

“What difference, at this point, does it make?” Is the price of freedom relevant? Doesn't having a press that is not a puppet of either party make us a stronger country? How much lying, cheating, and breaking of laws have to be committed before it becomes relevant?

simpsonofpg
05-21-2013, 10:37 AM

and dumber than Carter but all of this is not true. Obama is very smart and I expect his master plan to change America to the image he has for us is right on track. Heck, just look at his friend, would you invite any of them to your house to meet the family.

Micketto
05-21-2013, 11:28 AM

When Joe the Plumber took Obama on in the streets and made a fool of him.... the very next day all his financial info was released, including tax returns... we KNEW what this guy was willing to do to get elected.

Anyone complaining about this current, shady IRS maneuver should see that it only makes sense. It should be expected under Obama & his admin.

The irony lies in all the cabinet members, etc... that he first hired... who were found to have committed various forms of tax fraud/avoidance.

Sadly, there are enough people that see these traits as good qualities for a President to have.. and they reelect him.

This administration is absolutely the most corrupt. But people just don't care.
They are the party of pointing fingers and blaming others.

bladimz
05-21-2013, 04:18 PM
It's all pretty amusing to act as though, suddenly and overnight, the Obama administration has single-handedly destroyed this country. As though everything was hunky-dory before he took office. (You know... the same day that GOP leaders gathered secretly to plan the failure of his presidency).

Anyone who knows the Jackie Robinson story has a pretty good idea of what some people have to endure when they are tapped to break thru a barrier. Take that for what it's worth. And i don't really care how you feel about it... The correlation is worthy of consideration.

Meanwhile, consider also the questionable background of the House Oversight Committee Chairman Darrell Issa. This is the man so committed to picking apart the Benghazi story for as long as it takes (Hopefully 3 more years...) in the hopes of "finding the truth" and bringing Obama to his knees.

Mister D
05-21-2013, 04:23 PM
Surely you are at least a little alarmed by this IRS matter?

bladimz
05-21-2013, 04:42 PM
Surely you are at least a little alarmed by this IRS matter?Of course i am.

Mister D
05-21-2013, 04:44 PM
Of course i am.

Act like it.

keymanjim
05-21-2013, 04:56 PM
It's all pretty amusing to act as though, suddenly and overnight, the Obama administration has single-handedly destroyed this country. As though everything was hunky-dory before he took office. (You know... the same day that GOP leaders gathered secretly to plan the failure of his presidency).

Anyone who knows the Jackie Robinson story has a pretty good idea of what some people have to endure when they are tapped to break thru a barrier. Take that for what it's worth. And i don't really care how you feel about it... The correlation is worthy of consideration.

Meanwhile, consider also the questionable background of the House Oversight Committee Chairman Darrell Issa. This is the man so committed to picking apart the Benghazi story for as long as it takes (Hopefully 3 more years...) in the hopes of "finding the truth" and bringing Obama to his knees.

But, what was he convicted of?

bladimz
05-21-2013, 05:05 PM
. Just as hiding the truth on Benghazi, the truth was suppressed on the effort of the IRS to defund the Tea Party. Both actions having a clear result on the election.
...defund the Tea Party?

bladimz
05-21-2013, 05:08 PM
But, what was he convicted of?Do you need a conviction to put into question his background? Would you proudly tell your friends that at least your son, with a list like Issa's, "was never convicted". I doubt it.

bladimz
05-21-2013, 05:09 PM
Act like it.Your suggestions?

Mister D
05-21-2013, 05:13 PM
Your suggestions?

Stop deflecting for one.

Micketto
05-21-2013, 05:27 PM
Do you need a conviction to put into question his background?

Nah... goofy memes repeating "Accused of..." "Accused of..." are plenty !

ffs...

bladimz
05-21-2013, 06:34 PM
Stop deflecting for one.Oh.

keymanjim
05-21-2013, 06:37 PM
Do you need a conviction to put into question his background?
Yes.
You can accuse anyone of anything. But, in the absence of a conviction, there is no proof.

bladimz
05-21-2013, 06:47 PM
Nah... goofy memes repeating "Accused of..." "Accused of..." are plenty !

ffs...Arrested...
Accused...
Charged...
Twice Arrested...
Convicted...
Investigated...
Charged...
Charged...

The House Oversight Committee Chairman....
Nothing to see here.

bladimz
05-21-2013, 06:48 PM
Yes.
You can accuse anyone of anything. But, in the absence of a conviction, there is no proof.
Did you not see the conviction in the list of offenses?
No?
How convenient.

keymanjim
05-21-2013, 07:06 PM
Did you not see the conviction in the list of offenses?
No?
How convenient.
I see seven accusations and one conviction.
You're batting .143

bladimz
05-21-2013, 07:08 PM
I see seven accusations and one conviction.
You're batting .143Two Arrests...

How much before it matters?

keymanjim
05-21-2013, 07:12 PM
Two Arrests...

When you get convictions.
Preferably on something serous.

Micketto
05-22-2013, 07:16 AM
Arrested...
Accused...
Charged...
Twice Arrested...
Convicted...
Investigated...
Charged...
Charged...

The House Oversight Committee Chairman....
Nothing to see here.

One conviction.... of a gun not being registered properly.

I don't even like the guy, but it takes more than a dumb meme to make me care.

Link some arrest reports and court records.
Why take the lazy way out, since you're obviously so passionate about the guy.

zelmo1234
05-22-2013, 07:28 AM
Two Arrests...

I know liberals have been trying to change the rule of inocent until proven guilty to guilty until proven inocent but I don't rememger it happening!

patrickt
05-22-2013, 10:18 AM
You guys do know that Rep. Darrell Issa knew about this last July (http://www.mediaite.com/online/gop-rep-darrell-issa-was-informed-about-irs-investigation-last-july/)...

What's up with Issa? What was he waiting for... he knew about it, yet said nothing. Where was his outrage last July?

Good try, Blad, but apparently you didn't read what you posted. Going with talking points can be a trap.

patrickt
05-22-2013, 10:19 AM
This is the same Obama whose campaign practiced ballot fraud in the Democratic primary. Why should anyone be surprised he used the IRS in this manner? It is just who he is.

They also solicited illegal donations from foreign nationals but, as Cigar says, "Whatever works."

patrickt
05-22-2013, 10:23 AM

It's nice to see that you, like most liberals, dispense with niceties like innocent until proven guilty when it suits you. How can you have a flourishing purge with requirements for proof. It's also a valiant effort to change the subject to Darrell Issa.

Nice try, and fail, Blad.

patrickt
05-22-2013, 10:24 AM
Of course i am.

Sorry, Blad, but we all know President Obama was talking to you, and you were listening, when he said, "Don't be afraid of government tyranny."

patrickt
05-22-2013, 10:25 AM
Do you need a conviction to put into question his background? Would you proudly tell your friends that at least your son, with a list like Issa's, "was never convicted". I doubt it.

You're joking, right? That's all we heard when Clinton was king. Hell, it's all we hear now about President Clinton.

Mainecoons
05-22-2013, 10:31 AM
It's nice to see that you, like most liberals, dispense with niceties like innocent until proven guilty when it suits you. How can you have a flourishing purge with requirements for proof. It's also a valiant effort to change the subject to Darrell Issa.

Nice try, and fail, Blad.

Not to mention it was a pretty lame attempt to play the race card there, Blad. :rofl: