PDA

View Full Version : Dominique Venner killed himself today

Mister D
05-21-2013, 05:24 PM
He shot himself in front of hundreds of tourists at the altar of Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris today. Venner was a historian and right wing intellectual.

---

I am healthy in body and mind, and I am filled with love for my wife and children. I love life and expect nothing beyond, if not the perpetuation of my race and my mind. However, in the evening of my life, facing immense dangers to my French and European homeland, I feel the duty to act as long as I still have strength. I believe it necessary to sacrifice myself to break the lethargy that plagues us. I give up what life remains to me in order to protest and to found. I chose a highly symbolic place, the Cathedral of Notre Dame de Paris, which I respect and admire: she was built by the genius of my ancestors on the site of cults still more ancient, recalling our immemorial origins.While many men are slaves of their lives, my gesture embodies an ethic of will. I give myself over to death to awaken slumbering consciences. I rebel against fate. I protest against poisons of the soul and the desires of invasive individuals to destroy the anchors of our identity, including the family, the intimate basis of our multi-millennial civilization. While I defend the identity of all peoples in their homes, I also rebel against the crime of the replacement of our people.

The dominant discourse cannot leave behind its toxic ambiguities, and Europeans must bear the consequences. Lacking an identitarian religion to moor us, we share a common memory going back to Homer, a repository of all the values ​​on which our future rebirth will be founded once we break with the metaphysics of the unlimited, the baleful source of all modern excesses.
I apologize in advance to anyone who will suffer due to my death, first and foremost to my wife, my children, and my grandchildren, as well as my friends and followers. But once the pain and shock fade, I do not doubt that they will understand the meaning of my gesture and transcend their sorrow with pride. I hope that they shall endure together. They will find in my recent writings intimations and explanations of my actions.

R.I.P.

Peter1469
05-21-2013, 05:51 PM
Wow. I have been there a couple of times.

Agravan
05-21-2013, 05:54 PM
Notre Dame or where he was in his life?

Peter1469
05-21-2013, 05:58 PM
Notre Dame. I don't care about that dude. To kill yourself is the most selfish act you can do. He just screwed up all the people who loved him.

Agravan
05-21-2013, 06:04 PM
Agreed

Common
05-21-2013, 07:08 PM
To be honest I never heard of him, so I cant really miss him can I :)

Micketto
05-21-2013, 07:35 PM
Notre Dame or where he was in his life?
Lol...

jillian
05-21-2013, 07:38 PM
suicide... a permanent solution to a temporary problem.. .

and the ultimate act of selfishness

Cigar
05-21-2013, 07:58 PM
Mr D, why didn't you take him to your favorite spot, Chicago?

Mister D
05-21-2013, 10:14 PM
Notre Dame. I don't care about that dude. To kill yourself is the most selfish act you can do. He just screwed up all the people who loved him.

He shed your bourgeois sentimentality. For a guy who went to a desert to get shot at for cheap gas and AIPAC (twice!) you should reconsider. I'm sure all the people who loved you would have consoled themselves with nonsense about your duty but your death would have been meaningless.

Mister D
05-21-2013, 10:17 PM
Mr D, why didn't you take him to your favorite spot, Chicago?

Classy as a Negro gets I suppose.

Peter1469
05-22-2013, 05:09 AM
He shed your bourgeois sentimentality. For a guy who went to a desert to get shot at for cheap gas and AIPAC (twice!) you should reconsider. I'm sure all the people who loved you would have consoled themselves with nonsense about your duty but your death would have been meaningless.

Hey I had a good time in the desert. And I came back.

jillian
05-22-2013, 05:20 AM

no one has ever gone to the desert to fight for AIPAC

try not to let your prejudices distort history

Mister D
05-22-2013, 08:36 AM
Hey I had a good time in the desert. And I came back.

Glad you did.

Mister D
05-22-2013, 08:42 AM
no one has ever gone to the desert to fight for AIPAC

try not to let your prejudices distort history

It's more a matter of Jewish money and influence distorting our politics and culture.

truthmatters
05-22-2013, 09:40 AM
at least he didnt kill someone else

TheDictator
05-22-2013, 01:31 PM

For the first time I believe, I agree with you.

TheDictator
05-22-2013, 01:37 PM
Why did he kill himself? Does anyone know?

Mister D
05-22-2013, 01:43 PM
Why did he kill himself? Does anyone know?

I pasted his suicide note. OP.

junie
05-22-2013, 02:02 PM

damn, i sure hope marie didn't have to witness that... :sad:

@Marie_Archer (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=698)

"in front of hundreds of tourists at the altar of Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris..."

junie
05-22-2013, 02:20 PM
He shot himself in the mouth with a small automatic handgun and left a suicide note on the altar. Some fifteen hundred tourists and worshippers were evacuated. The debris from a gunshot to the brain will have defiled a site that Venner, in principle, considered holy. He was a traditionalist Catholic, ostensibly protesting France’s legalization of gay marriage, last month.

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/newsdesk/2013/05/dominique-venners-final-solution.html

:rollseyes::geez:

Mister D
05-22-2013, 02:30 PM
:rollseyes::geez:

Indeed, few of us would ever consider parting with our lives.

junie
05-22-2013, 02:43 PM
he was apparently too much of a coward to face the realities of life and natural death, so he selfishly made a bloody spectacle of himself...

"I apologize in advance to anyone who will suffer due to my death, first and foremost to my wife, my children, and my grandchildren, as well as my friends and followers. But once the pain and shock fade, I do not doubt that they will understand the meaning of my gesture and transcend their sorrow with pride. I hope that they shall endure together. They will find in my recent writings intimations and explanations of my actions."

Do people who commit suicide go to hell?

The Catholic Church used to state that suicide was a sin, and that persons committing suicide could not have a Catholic service and burial.

However, the Church has since changed this point of view.[6] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_views_on_suicide#cite_note-6)

http://www.catholicdigest.com/articles/faith/knowledge/2007/04-01/do-people-who-commit-suicide-go-to-hell

:dontknow:

Mister D
05-22-2013, 02:45 PM
he was apparently too much of a coward to face the realities of life and natural death, so he selfishly made a bloody spectacle of himself...

"I apologize in advance to anyone who will suffer due to my death, first and foremost to my wife, my children, and my grandchildren, as well as my friends and followers. But once the pain and shock fade, I do not doubt that they will understand the meaning of my gesture and transcend their sorrow with pride. I hope that they shall endure together. They will find in my recent writings intimations and explanations of my actions."

The Catholic Church used to state that suicide was a sin, and that persons committing suicide could not have a Catholic service and burial.

However, the Church has since changed this point of view.[6] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_views_on_suicide#cite_note-6)

http://www.catholicdigest.com/articles/faith/knowledge/2007/04-01/do-people-who-commit-suicide-go-to-hell

yeah, sounds like it. lol

simpsonofpg
05-22-2013, 02:49 PM
Agreed
I can't imagine what drives a person to that state of mind. It is a cowards way out. It is hard to stay and fight.

Mister D
05-22-2013, 02:49 PM
I can't imagine what drives a person to that state of mind. It is a cowards way out. It is hard to stay and fight.

Way out of what?

TheDictator
05-22-2013, 02:57 PM

Suicide is an act of murder. Suicide is also a sin that is not forgiven, because the person can not ask for forgiveness. The Bible says that murders will burn in Hell. So the answer to your question is yes. If the Catholic Church has changed on this, then they are wrong and are going against God's Word.

Ravi
05-22-2013, 05:23 PM
No, but we were right outside ND when it happened and in fact the ambulances had just pulled up. Not that we knew what was going on....my God, what a stupid reason to kill yourself.

jillian
05-22-2013, 05:44 PM
It's more a matter of Jewish money and influence distorting our politics and culture.

really? you think they did israel a favor destabilizing the middle east, making iraq a fundie country that's now buddy buddy with iran, and empowering iran itself?

you think that was good for israel?

it was only good for dick cheney's pocketbook.

Mister D
05-22-2013, 05:52 PM
really? you think they did israel a favor destabilizing the middle east, making iraq a fundie country that's now buddy buddy with iran, and empowering iran itself?

you think that was good for israel?

it was only good for dick cheney's pocketbook.

Yes, really. AIPAC and other pro-Israel PACs lobby our Congress intensely and care more about Israeli interests than our own. no, I don't think their machinations are good for Israel but I don't care what's good Israel. You may take all the preceding as "prejudice". Shrug.

junie
05-23-2013, 09:39 AM
No, but we were right outside ND when it happened and in fact the ambulances had just pulled up. Not that we knew what was going on....my God, what a stupid reason to kill yourself.

and what kind of big ego do have to have to think traumatizing thousands of strangers could ever make your family proud? :shakeshead::loco:

i'm so glad you and your husband weren't in there that day!

Ravi
05-23-2013, 09:51 AM
We decided to skip it because the line to get in was blocks long and I didn't have any more time left on the museum pass....which worked like a charm, btw. I don't think the French people in general were too upset about the gay marriage passing. No one said a word about it but I did see some graffiti about it (negative) not far from the church....wonder if it was connected?