PDA

View Full Version : Taking the Fifth

patrickt
05-21-2013, 07:58 PM
"Tomorrow, Lois Lerner -- director of Exempt Organizations at the IRS when all the targeting occurred -- is going to come to Capitol Hill and take the Fifth Amendment (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2328696/Lois-Lerner-Top-IRS-official-invoke-Fifth-Amendment-congressional-hearing-tea-party-targeting-program.html). "
It will be quite a spectacle."
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/carolplattliebau/2013/05/21/taking-the-fifthwhat-it-doesdoesnt-do-for-lerner-n1602934

Most of you aren't old enough to remember the scenes on old black and white televisions of Mafia dons, Teamster bosses, and other organized crime figures "taking the fifth". Parts of the Fifth Amendment have been discarded by the liberals. You can be tried twice for the same crime now. For many years could be be tried only once for a criminal act but no longer.

But now we get a new batch of criminals invoking the Fifth Amendment to avoid incriminating themselves. It will be an education for the youngsters here. Some will be seeing their heroes "taking the fifth."

jillian
05-21-2013, 08:01 PM
Most of you aren't old enough to remember the scenes on old black and white televisions of Mafia dons, Teamster bosses, and other organized crime figures "taking the fifth". Parts of the Fifth Amendment have been discarded by the liberals. You can be tried twice for the same crime now. For many years could be be tried only once for a criminal act but no longer.

But now we get a new batch of criminals invoking the Fifth Amendment to avoid incriminating themselves. It will be an education for the youngsters here. Some will be seeing their heroes "taking the fifth."

you cannot be tried twice for the same crime if double jeopardy has attached.

being tried for federal crimes is not the same as being tried for state crimes.

so i'm not quite sure what you're going on about

all i heard is "iberals...wah wah wah wha"

Cigar
05-21-2013, 08:03 PM
Sandal :)

Shure beats talking about Jobs.

Mainecoons
05-21-2013, 08:30 PM
It is what people who are guilty as hell do to avoid prosecution. This is one of our IRS "employees" having to avoid testifying because they don't want to incriminate themselves.

jillian
05-21-2013, 08:31 PM
It is what people who are guilty as hell do to avoid prosecution. This is one of our IRS "employees" having to avoid testifying because they don't want to incriminate themselves.

the fifth? all it means is if you have evidence convict ... but no one can be forced to help you convict them.

i'm not sure what your problem is with that

keymanjim
05-21-2013, 09:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKZlZHLPrzg

jillian
05-21-2013, 09:29 PM
that's kind of cute.

so tell us, is there any part of the constitution that you actually respect... you know, besides the 2nd amendment?

zelmo1234
05-21-2013, 09:42 PM
Sandal :)

Don't you dare talk about Jobs, this idiot in the Whitehouse has had 4.5 years to try and do something about jobs, the stimulis was a total failure and turned out to be a big pay off for his supporters.

He has worked on everything but jobs and now the workfroce partisipation is back the the numbers it was in the Carter administration! If you want jobs create enterprize zones in the worst hit areas, Give tax credits to companies expanding their work force, put a tax holiday on the repatriotiztions of money earned and taxes overseas! lower the corporate tax rates and repeal Obamacare, that would actually get things rolling!

jillian
05-21-2013, 09:44 PM
Don't you dare talk about Jobs, this idiot in the Whitehouse has had 4.5 years to try and do something about jobs, the stimulis was a total failure and turned out to be a big pay off for his supporters.

He has worked on everything but jobs and now the workfroce partisipation is back the the numbers it was in the Carter administration! If you want jobs create enterprize zones in the worst hit areas, Give tax credits to companies expanding their work force, put a tax holiday on the repatriotiztions of money earned and taxes overseas! lower the corporate tax rates and repeal Obamacare, that would actually get things rolling!

has he?

what jobs bill has the teaparty house passed that he has refused

(tax cuts for rich people don't count)

zelmo1234
05-21-2013, 09:44 PM
that's kind of cute.

so tell us, is there any part of the constitution that you actually respect... you know, besides the 2nd amendment?

I think that he is pointing out that we ahve found the person that is going to take the fall for the IRS scandel. She is taking the fifth becasue if she answers the questiosn she will incriminate herself and if she lies she will be under oath!

If I was a betting man I would say that this is the person that will take the fall for these actions by the IRS!

jillian
05-21-2013, 09:46 PM
I think that he is pointing out that we ahve found the person that is going to take the fall for the IRS scandel. She is taking the fifth becasue if she answers the questiosn she will incriminate herself and if she lies she will be under oath!

If I was a betting man I would say that this is the person that will take the fall for these actions by the IRS!

meh... i'd rather wait and hear what happens.

and like it or not, she has the right to take the 5th.

and they then have the right to get other people to talk about what was done.

zelmo1234
05-21-2013, 09:48 PM
has he?

what jobs bill has the teaparty house passed that he has refused

(tax cuts for rich people don't count)

How about tax cuts for small business. You see Jillian Tax cuts work!

If you look at the numbers, not only do they create jobs, but they increase revenue. And I hope that you will not ask me to post the links again, I just did it for you a few days ago!

All of the things I listed in my post and letting businesses deduct 100% of capital investment the first year ahve all been in Republican jobs programs! But they are not government controling so those on the left can't stand them! But they work each and every time that ethey are tried.

Republicans also want to approve the Keystone pipeline and that creates a lot of very high paying jobs.

jillian
05-21-2013, 09:48 PM
How about tax cuts for small business. You see Jillian Tax cuts work!

If you look at the numbers, not only do they create jobs, but they increase revenue. And I hope that you will not ask me to post the links again, I just did it for you a few days ago!

All of the things I listed in my post and letting businesses deduct 100% of capital investment the first year ahve all been in Republican jobs programs! But they are not government controling so those on the left can't stand them! But they work each and every time that ethey are tried.

Republicans also want to approve the Keystone pipeline and that creates a lot of very high paying jobs.

tax cuts don't create jobs.

and a business with 50 employees isn't a "small business"

now, building infrastructure... THAT creates jobs

just because you believe in something philosophically (no matter how much the evidence proves there is no such thing as trickle down) doesn't mean this president has to do what you want.

and given that your tea party house won't give him anything that is tolerable and good ole mitch mcconnell has engaged in more than 400 filibusters, thwarting the majority, we've done pretty well despite the right.

of course, if you're going to cut "government" jobs for every private sector job created, you can't really whine too much that the numbers aren't better.

zelmo1234
05-21-2013, 09:49 PM

Absolutly and if I was in her shoes I wold do exactly the same thing! I would never take her constitutional right away from her!

jillian
05-21-2013, 09:52 PM
Absolutly and if I was in her shoes I wold do exactly the same thing! I would never take her constitutional right away from her!

well, there ya go. we agree.

zelmo1234
05-21-2013, 09:52 PM
tax cuts don't create jobs.

and a business with 50 employees isn't a "small business"

now, building infrastructure... THAT creates jobs

The government says that a business with less than 500 employees is a small business! And we just tired spednign a trillion dollars on shovel ready projects , WHERE ARE THE JOBS?

If you really look at the unemployment rates after the tax cuts of Kenedy, Reagan, "Clinton, and GWB you can't say the they do not create jobs and government revenue. they all did!

And my business is by anyone definition a small business, and I currently have 72 employee's

jillian
05-21-2013, 09:56 PM
The government says that a business with less than 500 employees is a small business! And we just tired spednign a trillion dollars on shovel ready projects , WHERE ARE THE JOBS?

If you really look at the unemployment rates after the tax cuts of Kenedy, Reagan, "Clinton, and GWB you can't say the they do not create jobs and government revenue. they all did!

And my business is by anyone definition a small business, and I currently have 72 employee's

i don't know about kennedy, but reagan, clinton, and bush I raised taxes. and under clinton, in particular, our economy boomed.

then came baby bush, who was the first leader in recorded history to cut taxes during wartime... blowing our entire surplus

72 people isn't a small business.

zelmo1234
05-21-2013, 10:11 PM
i don't know about kennedy, but reagan, clinton, and bush I raised taxes. and under clinton, in particular, our economy boomed.

then came baby bush, who was the first leader in recorded history to cut taxes during wartime... blowing our entire surplus

72 people isn't a small business.

Well in 7 months I will only have 49 so then I can be a small business.

I know single locations appliance stores and single locations restaurants that have more than 50 employee's small businesses.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/briandomitrovic/2013/03/12/trashing-jfks-tax-cuts-one-of-the-greatest-policy-successes-of-all-time/

http://dailycaller.com/2012/06/06/ronald-reagan-raised-taxes-11-times-the-real-story/

http://www.heritage.org/research/reports/2008/03/tax-cuts-not-the-clinton-tax-hike-produced-the-1990s-boom

http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickungar/2012/07/17/the-truth-about-the-bush-tax-cuts-and-job-growth/

There and you can go the the US trreausry and see the charts that I have posted many times that shoe each and everyone of them increased revenue! and created a lot of jobs, 21 million under Reagan, and 23 million under Clinton!

And of course you do realize that we would have had a surplus in 2001 to but somethng happened on Sept 11th, in NYC you might remember!

jillian
05-21-2013, 10:32 PM
Well in 7 months I will only have 49 so then I can be a small business.

I know single locations appliance stores and single locations restaurants that have more than 50 employee's small businesses.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/briandomitrovic/2013/03/12/trashing-jfks-tax-cuts-one-of-the-greatest-policy-successes-of-all-time/

http://dailycaller.com/2012/06/06/ronald-reagan-raised-taxes-11-times-the-real-story/

http://www.heritage.org/research/reports/2008/03/tax-cuts-not-the-clinton-tax-hike-produced-the-1990s-boom

http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickungar/2012/07/17/the-truth-about-the-bush-tax-cuts-and-job-growth/

There and you can go the the US trreausry and see the charts that I have posted many times that shoe each and everyone of them increased revenue! and created a lot of jobs, 21 million under Reagan, and 23 million under Clinton!

And of course you do realize that we would have had a surplus in 2001 to but somethng happened on Sept 11th, in NYC you might remember!

so you'll cut your income so as not to provide health insurance?

that seems counterproductive, particularly since, if i'm not mistaken, you'd have already been required to provide benefits under the already existing laws... which also apply to businesses with over 50 people.

roadmaster
05-21-2013, 10:37 PM
so you'll cut your income so as not to provide health insurance? Why not it will save them money in the long run. People will just have to wear more hats. Many small business will have to make this choice.

zelmo1234
05-21-2013, 10:43 PM
so you'll cut your income so as not to provide health insurance?

that seems counterproductive, particularly since, if i'm not mistaken, you'd have already been required to provide benefits under the already existing laws... which also apply to businesses with over 50 people.

No myu income will stay the same, I have a choice either get below the majic number of 50, or close shop, this way I can still employ 49 employee's and keep there families in good shape. Rents are gong up dramatically and we are consentrating on forclosuer and tax sales, THERE WILL BE NO NEW DEVELOPEMENTS!

And in MI I am not required to provide insurance, but I do, that will ahve to stop at the eond fo this year, for the company to remain profitable!

What libearls don't understand it that my business if filed as personel income, but 90% of that money is re invested into the company and expansion! Higher taxes, EPA regulations, and Obamacare! are taking the lions share of the profits. and if I do not have new projects, I don't need nearly as many employee's! Here is a hint, it takes money to invest in new projects. We are a debt free company and I will not borrow money to expand the business, that is not my style!

So it is either jump through hoops so I can keep as many people as I can emplyed. or close shop!

If it was great economy I would retire but my employee's can't find jobs paying as much as thes and If I can help it I won't do any more damage to their family!

keymanjim
05-21-2013, 10:53 PM

You do know that it was a BUDGET surplus. There wasn't a big pile of money sitting on his desk when he showed up.

Common
05-22-2013, 01:42 AM
I guess there wont be any conservatives here to remember how many bush administration employees pled the fifth over the jack abramahoff lobbiest scandal.
Umm pleading the fifth on capitol hill is older than any of us on this forum and guess what? both sides do it regularly.

One day you will all realize that both sides are just as full of shit as the other.

jillian
05-22-2013, 05:04 AM
You do know that it was a BUDGET surplus. There wasn't a big pile of money sitting on his desk when he showed up.

yes. we do.

you are entitled to your own opinion.

you are not entitled to your own set of facts.

This is from just before Bush took over and what HE said. (Note: this is before you revisionist historians had a partisan interest in changing reality)

President-elect Bush argued during his campaign that his proposal for more than $1.3 trillion in tax cuts over 10 years can be paid for by budget surpluses without eroding Social Security’s trust funds. But he has also been cautioning of a potential downturn in the economy — a forecast that the White House deplored as without basis and likely to be damaging to the economy.

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/story?id=88866&page=1#.UZyXCpWfdhA

zelmo1234
05-22-2013, 06:47 AM
yes. we do.

you are entitled to your own opinion.

you are not entitled to your own set of facts.

This is from just before Bush took over and what HE said. (Note: this is before you revisionist historians had a partisan interest in changing reality)

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/story?id=88866&page=1#.UZyXCpWfdhA

Of course you can show us just how much the tax cuts reduced revenue to the USA

Mainecoons
05-22-2013, 07:08 AM
No, she can't but I can. I direct your attention to the tables at the bottom of this reference. The first one shows that tax revenues increased 25 percent from 2000 to 2008 and that spending was clearly the problem. The second shows clearly the "rich" paid an increasing share of those taxes.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/beltway/2012/02/22/after-bush-tax-cuts-payments-by-wealthy-actually-increased/

Bush spent like a liberal. He enacted liberal programs like Prescription Drug and No Child. He did deals with Ted Kennedy and he joined with Democrats in getting us into yet another stupid war. Why Jillian can't accept the fact that "baby Bush" was a fellow liberal just goes to show you how far partisan hacks will go with denial. For certain, had Bush been a Democrat, he would have been recognized for another spendaholic leftist.

jillian
05-22-2013, 07:10 AM
No, she can't but I can. I direct your attention to the tables at the bottom of this reference. The first one shows that tax revenues increased 25 percent from 2000 to 2008 and that spending was clearly the problem. The second shows clearly the "rich" paid an increasing share of those taxes.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/beltway/2012/02/22/after-bush-tax-cuts-payments-by-wealthy-actually-increased/

Bush spent like a liberal. He enacted liberal programs like Prescription Drug and No Child. He did deals with Ted Kennedy and he joined with Democrats in getting us into yet another stupid war. Why Jillian can't accept the fact that "baby Bush" was a fellow liberal just goes to show you how far partisan hacks will go with denial. For certain, had Bush been a Democrat, he would have been recognized for another spendaholic leftist.

riiiiiiiiight... b/c "liberals" get their advice from dick cheney. lol.. too funny.

i'm not quite sure why *you* can't accept the fact that dems do a better job managing money than the GOP.

running two wars without paying for them is a rightwing value. nothing 'liberal' about it.

you can call us tax and spend, and there'd be a modicum of truth in terms of policy.

but we aren't "cut taxes and spend anyway". that's a rightwing value.

jillian
05-22-2013, 07:12 AM
No myu income will stay the same, I have a choice either get below the majic number of 50, or close shop, this way I can still employ 49 employee's and keep there families in good shape. Rents are gong up dramatically and we are consentrating on forclosuer and tax sales, THERE WILL BE NO NEW DEVELOPEMENTS!

And in MI I am not required to provide insurance, but I do, that will ahve to stop at the eond fo this year, for the company to remain profitable!

What libearls don't understand it that my business if filed as personel income, but 90% of that money is re invested into the company and expansion! Higher taxes, EPA regulations, and Obamacare! are taking the lions share of the profits. and if I do not have new projects, I don't need nearly as many employee's! Here is a hint, it takes money to invest in new projects. We are a debt free company and I will not borrow money to expand the business, that is not my style!

So it is either jump through hoops so I can keep as many people as I can emplyed. or close shop!

If it was great economy I would retire but my employee's can't find jobs paying as much as thes and If I can help it I won't do any more damage to their family!

see, i've had enough business experience not to believe that it would behoove you to almost halve your workforce to save?, what? if you already pay for insurance, that is. it doesn't make sense to me other than as a partisan position that you decided in your head you'd follow even without it costing you a dime.

my family has a business... they're not laying anyone off because of the ACA. they don't like it, but they don't like doing anything for their employees in that regard, and they're bitching and moaning, but if it costs anything, it's a tax deduction. so it's not like the family isn't going on vacation this summer or selling the shore house. you know?

zelmo1234
05-22-2013, 07:23 AM
riiiiiiiiight... b/c "liberals" get their advice from dick cheney. lol.. too funny.

i'm not quite sure why *you* can't accept the fact that dems do a better job managing money than the GOP.

running two wars without paying for them is a rightwing value. nothing 'liberal' about it.

you can call us tax and spend, and there'd be a modicum of truth in terms of policy.

but we aren't "cut taxes and spend anyway". that's a rightwing value.

First you have President that in 8 years will acculate more debt than all othr president combined? ever heard the term those in glass hoiuses should not through stones.

Next for your arguement on the wars to work you would be required to show that the revenue to the US treasury went down after the taxcuts?

Can you show us that? or are you happy spreading lies and left wing propaganda!

Micketto
05-22-2013, 07:23 AM
Sandal

Wow. You spell like a moron, and sound like a typical liberal.

Anything is better than talking about jobs, taxes, healthcare, Benghazi, the IRS, etc, etc, etc.....

zelmo1234
05-22-2013, 07:25 AM
Wow. You spell like a moron, and sound like a typical liberal.

Anything is better than talking about jobs, taxes, healthcare, Benghazi, the IRS, etc, etc, etc.....

You know his spelling as a lot better than mine, and isn't talking about spelling the same thing he was doing?

Just a thought!

Cigar
05-22-2013, 07:30 AM

First of all, when your are told you can be criminally charged ... only a complete moron would then go on National Television or in front of Congress and personally incriminate themselves against their Lawyers recommendations. :rollseyes:

Chris
05-22-2013, 07:32 AM
I guess there wont be any conservatives here to remember how many bush administration employees pled the fifth over the jack abramahoff lobbiest scandal.
Umm pleading the fifth on capitol hill is older than any of us on this forum and guess what? both sides do it regularly.

One day you will all realize that both sides are just as full of shit as the other.

Sure, remember, that was wrong too. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Micketto
05-22-2013, 07:32 AM

Nobody who is innocent pleads the fifth.

It's her right.

She knows this makes it known she is guilty.... without having to say just how bad.

zelmo1234
05-22-2013, 07:34 AM
First of all, when your are told you can be criminally charged ... only a complete moron would then go on National Television or in front of Congress and personally incriminate themselves against their Lawyers recommendations. :rollseyes:

I agree but this will be a bad day for the administration as they ask all of the tuff questions and get the I plead the fifth answer to each and every one of them!

And every person that asks questions with be harder and harder on her?

This will add gasoline to the fire of the scandel! And those on the comitee know it!

Legally it is the only thing you can do, Politicaly it is a disaster for the administration!

Cigar
05-22-2013, 07:38 AM
Nobody who is innocent pleads the fifth.

It's her right.

She knows this makes it known she is guilty.... without having to say just how bad.

Good then it's an open and shut case for you.

Next Scandal please.

Cigar
05-22-2013, 07:42 AM
I agree but this will be a bad day for the administration as they ask all of the tuff questions and get the I plead the fifth answer to each and every one of them!

And every person that asks questions with be harder and harder on her?

This will add gasoline to the fire of the scandel! And those on the comitee know it!

Legally it is the only thing you can do, Politicaly it is a disaster for the administration!

Can you please explain the connection between some IRS Government Employees who were appointed and employed decades ago and only this particular Administration and no other Administration?

Or can you explain how an IRS office in Ohio is personally connected to only This President of The United States and no other IRS office?

patrickt
05-22-2013, 07:59 AM
you cannot be tried twice for the same crime if double jeopardy has attached.

being tried for federal crimes is not the same as being tried for state crimes.

so i'm not quite sure what you're going on about

all i heard is "iberals...wah wah wah wha"

That's because it pertains to the law and the law doesn't interest liberals. Double jeopardy used to mean you couldn't be tried for the same crime twice. The crime was defined as a criminal act. For example, robbing a bank was a criminal act. You could not try someone in federal court for bank robbery and if you lost try them again in state court and if you lost try them again for kidnapping. You got, as they said in law school, "one bite of the apple" so it was incumbent upon the prosecution to charge for all relevant statutes or never charge them.

But, that didn't meet the needs of liberals so they decided that you can try people repeatedly in different courts and under different laws for the same criminal acts.

I realize that liberals only hear what they want but I tried. If all you hear now is wah, wah, wah, it's your problem.

patrickt
05-22-2013, 08:11 AM
that's kind of cute.

Did you not watch the video or are you that much of an idiot. "The only people who don't want to disclose the truth are people with something to hide." That is a concept that would befuddle liberals because they always have something to hide. I don't know who wrote it for President Obama because he's not on speaking terms with truth but that's beside the point.

Americans recognize that the portion of the Fifth Amendment that says you cannot be compelled to testify against yourself still stands, for now, but they also recognize that people who avail themselves of the Fifth Amendment do, in fact, have something to hide.

The liberals have brought us the new assault on individuals which says it's a crime to lie to the government. The lie might be one an innocent person utters to protect himself but to liberals that's not important.

And not lying under oath as President Clinton did but lying to a police officer is a felony. If you're in a store and see a neighborhood thug hit the clerk and take the money from the cash register and he says, "I know where you live" and you tell the police you saw nothing, it's a felony. I always thought it was the right of a free American as long as they didn't reach the level of being an accomplice or a co-conspirator.

Cigar
05-22-2013, 08:17 AM
Did you not watch the video or are you that much of an idiot. "The only people who don't want to disclose the truth are people with something to hide." That is a concept that would befuddle liberals because they always have something to hide. I don't know who wrote it for President Obama because he's not on speaking terms with truth but that's beside the point.

Americans recognize that the portion of the Fifth Amendment that says you cannot be compelled to testify against yourself still stands, for now, but they also recognize that people who avail themselves of the Fifth Amendment do, in fact, have something to hide.

The liberals have brought us the new assault on individuals which says it's a crime to lie to the government. The lie might be one an innocent person utters to protect himself but to liberals that's not important.

And not lying under oath as President Clinton did but lying to a police officer is a felony. If you're in a store and see a neighborhood thug hit the clerk and take the money from the cash register and he says, "I know where you live" and you tell the police you saw nothing, it's a felony. I always thought it was the right of a free American as long as they didn't reach the level of being an accomplice or a co-conspirator.

So let's cut to the chase ... who do you think "mandated" that long time IRS Employees to closely scrutinize applications?

Who is the one individual on Planet Earth that should be Publicly Executed for scrutinizing 501C4 Applications!

Who?

patrickt
05-22-2013, 08:17 AM

Sorry, Common, but you didn't make your case for full of shit. Equivalency is the plea for the liberals. "They did it, too, teacher." But, since you're here to educate us, how many were there? I can remember the Keating Five and I don't remember anyone taking the Fifth. I don't even remember the people who fled the country rather than testify during Clinton's regime taking the Fifth. Some took the fall but they didn't take the Fifth. I remember the Savings and Loan scandal under the first President Bush and don't remember anyone taking the Fifth.

So, tell me, Common, of one high-ranking government official who took the Fifth in front of Congress in the last fifty years. AG Holder either refusing to show up or refusing to answer questions doesn't count. Name one high-level government official who plead the Fifth.

Cigar
05-22-2013, 08:29 AM
Like Share (http://www.addthis.com/bookmark.php) Print
Lois G. Lerner Selected as Director of IRS Exempt Organizations Division IR-2005-148, Dec. 22, 2005

WASHINGTON — Lois G. Lerner has been selected as the director of the Exempt Organizations Division of the Internal Revenue Service. In this position, she will be responsible for administering and enforcing the tax laws that apply to more than 1.8 million organizations recognized by the IRS as exempt from tax.

“Protecting the integrity of tax-exempt organizations is an important part of our enforcement program,” said IRS Commissioner Mark W. Everson. “Lois’s background, including her work for the Federal Election Commission, qualifies her for this new assignment.”

Before this appointment, Lerner had been the director of the Exempt Organizations Rulings & Agreements Division, where she was responsible for the EO determinations letter program, public guidance and technical assistance for IRS agents conducting examinations of tax-exempt organizations. Lerner came to the IRS in 2001 from the Federal Election Commission, where she was Associate General Counsel for Enforcement and Acting General Counsel. She replaces Martha Sullivan, who will retire from the IRS at the end of December.

“Lois is an integral part of the EO team and has successfully increased the IRS presence in the exempt community,” said Steven T. Miller, Commissioner of the IRS Tax Exempt and Government Entities Division, of which EO is a part. “Her integrity, skills and judgment are exceptional and will allow us to continue to provide improved service and enhanced enforcement of the tax laws.”

The tax-exempt sector of the economy had total assets of approximately $3.7 trillion in 2002, the latest year for which data are available, with revenues of $1.2 trillion.

Lerner will report to her new position in early January 2006. Joseph Urban, EO Senior Technical Advisor in Rulings & Agreements, will serve as acting director of EO Rulings & Agreements.

http://www.irs.gov/uac/Lois-G.-Lerner-Selected-as-Director-of-IRS-Exempt-Organizations-Division

I don't know about you ... but I have to say, that Barack Hussein Obama is one smart cookie ...

From planting that Birth Certificate while he was just an infant to inserting IRA agents into a Governemt Agency long before anyone dreamed he would run for President of The United States.

You got to hand it to him ... he's Good!

Common
05-22-2013, 10:05 AM

Bush was a republican not a flaming fricken right wing idiot. Bush actually had a conscience and a heart something buttwipes like the teaparty never grew.
I get real tired of empty bs far right horseshit and thats all it is, same crap another day. If a handjob like cruz ever makes it anywhere there will be a revolution and his side WILL LOSE because the 15% wont be able to keep the real america off them.

Mainecoons
05-22-2013, 10:38 AM
This rather well paid, if not overpaid, employee of the government owes the people answers as to why she apparently presided over deliberately abusive and targeted practices by the IRS.

Her refusal to testify speaks volumes. I'd throw her in the clink until she fessed up.

patrickt
05-22-2013, 10:39 AM
Next to the perp walk into court chained to other criminals, watching a criminal take the Fifth is satisfying. I'll admit it falls into the realm of schadenfreude but I don't care. Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

Oh, and temper tantrums from don't help, Common, even if they're from leftists such as yourself.

Chris
05-22-2013, 11:06 AM
Bush was a republican not a flaming fricken right wing idiot. Bush actually had a conscience and a heart something buttwipes like the teaparty never grew.
I get real tired of empty bs far right horseshit and thats all it is, same crap another day. If a handjob like cruz ever makes it anywhere there will be a revolution and his side WILL LOSE because the 15% wont be able to keep the real america off them.

Nice inflammatory post. Very emotional.

Do you consider Bush's policies like NCLB, Medicare Drug Bill, so and and so forth conservative policies?

Cigar
05-22-2013, 11:22 AM
Like Share (http://www.addthis.com/bookmark.php) Print
Lois G. Lerner Selected as Director of IRS Exempt Organizations Division

IR-2005-148, Dec. 22, 2005

WASHINGTON — Lois G. Lerner has been selected as the director of the Exempt Organizations Division of the Internal Revenue Service. In this position, she will be responsible for administering and enforcing the tax laws that apply to more than 1.8 million organizations recognized by the IRS as exempt from tax.

“Protecting the integrity of tax-exempt organizations is an important part of our enforcement program,” said IRS Commissioner Mark W. Everson. “Lois’s background, including her work for the Federal Election Commission, qualifies her for this new assignment.”

Before this appointment, Lerner had been the director of the Exempt Organizations Rulings & Agreements Division, where she was responsible for the EO determinations letter program, public guidance and technical assistance for IRS agents conducting examinations of tax-exempt organizations. Lerner came to the IRS in 2001 from the Federal Election Commission, where she was Associate General Counsel for Enforcement and Acting General Counsel. She replaces Martha Sullivan, who will retire from the IRS at the end of December.

“Lois is an integral part of the EO team and has successfully increased the IRS presence in the exempt community,” said Steven T. Miller, Commissioner of the IRS Tax Exempt and Government Entities Division, of which EO is a part. “Her integrity, skills and judgment are exceptional and will allow us to continue to provide improved service and enhanced enforcement of the tax laws.”

The tax-exempt sector of the economy had total assets of approximately $3.7 trillion in 2002, the latest year for which data are available, with revenues of $1.2 trillion.

Lerner will report to her new position in early January 2006. Joseph Urban, EO Senior Technical Advisor in Rulings & Agreements, will serve as acting director of EO Rulings & Agreements.

http://www.irs.gov/uac/Lois-G.-Lerner-Selected-as-Director-of-IRS-Exempt-Organizations-Division

I don't know about you ... but I have to say, that Barack Hussein Obama is one smart cookie ...

From planting that Birth Certificate while he was just an infant to inserting IRA agents into a Governemt Agency long before anyone dreamed he would run for President of The United States.

You got to hand it to him ... he's Good!

What ... no comment :)

lynn
05-22-2013, 11:26 AM
Instead of taking the fifth, they can always say, "I can't recall" this seems to work for our government.

simpsonofpg
05-22-2013, 11:30 AM
the fifth? all it means is if you have evidence convict ... but no one can be forced to help you convict them.

i'm not sure what your problem is with that
How about guilt and complicity with the CIC

zelmo1234
05-22-2013, 12:03 PM
Can you please explain the connection between some IRS Government Employees who were appointed and employed decades ago and only this particular Administration and no other Administration?

Or can you explain how an IRS office in Ohio is personally connected to only This President of The United States and no other IRS office?

It is very similar,to the fact that the policies that couses the economic collapse had nothing to do wht GWB!

but it still happened on his watch.

Weather Obama wants it to or not, and we know that he doesn't becuase he knows about nothing that ever happens in the govenrment!

the people will look at the administration to get answers.

this young lady chose to make a statement and then take the 5th that makes it look even worse. My guess is she will be the one to take the fall for this

But only time will tell.

Mainecoons
05-22-2013, 12:40 PM
a democrat on the house’s investigative committee raised the specter of a special prosecutor on wednesday to investigate political targeting of conservative groups at the irs (http://www.washingtontimes.com/topics/internal-revenue-service/) from 2010 to 2012.rep. Stephen lynch (http://www.washingtontimes.com/topics/stephen-lynch/), massachusetts democrat, warned irs (http://www.washingtontimes.com/topics/internal-revenue-service/) and treasury department (http://www.washingtontimes.com/topics/department-of-the-treasury/) witnesses before the committee on oversight and government reform (http://www.washingtontimes.com/topics/committee-on-oversight-and-government-reform/) not to stonewall congressional efforts to get to the bottom of the scandal.

read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/may/22/rep-issa-accuses-irs-misleading-congress-and-ameri/#ixzz2u2oejo3u

jillian
05-22-2013, 12:43 PM
[/font][/color]

ok. and? i don't think you disagree with those warnings. right?

Peter1469
05-22-2013, 03:53 PM
When the IRS lady gave her opening statement, she waived her 5th Amendment right to the topics that she discussed in that opening statement.

Cigar
05-22-2013, 04:00 PM
When the IRS lady gave her opening statement, she waived her 5th Amendment right to the topics that she discussed in that opening statement.

Dude .. that only fly's in the court of Law.

Look it up sport.

zelmo1234
05-22-2013, 05:03 PM
I think that she has cooked her goose, with her opening statment.

And cigar lying to congress and your rights are the same as in court!

I would be interesting to see if they really go after her!

Cigar
05-22-2013, 05:10 PM
I think that she has cooked her goose, with her opening statment.

And cigar lying to congress and your rights are the same as in court!

I would be interesting to see if they really go after her!

But remember .. it was her that first notified Senators of what was going one ... :rollseyes:

Brilliant ... right?

zelmo1234
05-22-2013, 05:23 PM
I really dont care if it was her or the mailman, as long as they figure out what happened, why it happened and make darn sure it never happens again!

Cigar
05-22-2013, 05:32 PM
I really dont care if it was her or the mailman, as long as they figure out what happened, why it happened and make darn sure it never happens again!

I wish that was the real agenda ... but you and I know the truth.

zelmo1234
05-22-2013, 05:34 PM
I wish that was the real agenda ... but you and I know the truth.

I think there are those that are trying to get to Obama, and I think there are others that just want to find out the truth!

But I am sure that you remember the Polosie congress going after GWB! It ahs been this way since the selected not elected. and it is likely to continue for a long long time!

GrumpyDog
05-22-2013, 09:38 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_vyEnd_D4Joc/Sv6f0-62_fI/AAAAAAAAABM/Ww3dd5elIv8/s320/Nithyananda-nixon-i-am-not-a-crook.jpg

GrumpyDog
05-22-2013, 09:40 PM
http://pronlinenews.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Alan-Caruba-Obama-Im-Not-Done-Lying-Yet-Warning-Signs-300x211.jpg

jillian
05-22-2013, 09:42 PM
http://pronlinenews.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Alan-Caruba-Obama-Im-Not-Done-Lying-Yet-Warning-Signs-300x211.jpg

i'm sorry... are you trying to tell us you need pictures in order to follow the discussion?

GrumpyDog
05-22-2013, 09:45 PM
http://s3.amazonaws.com/rapgenius/Chocolate_Factory_Nestle_-_Trix.jpg
i'm sorry... are you trying to tell us you need pictures in order to follow the discussion?

jillian
05-22-2013, 09:47 PM
thank you for confirming your inability to use words.

Agravan
05-23-2013, 12:02 AM
https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/5764222464/hB5CC75DB/

zelmo1234
05-23-2013, 04:34 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_vyEnd_D4Joc/Sv6f0-62_fI/AAAAAAAAABM/Ww3dd5elIv8/s320/Nithyananda-nixon-i-am-not-a-crook.jpg

Good to see you my friend Stop by more often!

zelmo1234
05-23-2013, 04:36 AM

No in this case a picture is worth a thousand words

jillian
05-23-2013, 05:10 AM
No in this case a picture is worth a thousand words

yes, it tells us in a thousand ways, he isn't very bright.

but...but...but...where is everyone telling him he's off topic and is engaging in ad homs?

extremist wingers with pictures never impress me.

jillian
05-23-2013, 05:11 AM
https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/5764222464/hB5CC75DB/

you could probably better speak to that condition.

jillian
05-23-2013, 05:11 AM
Good to see you my friend Stop by more often!

why? to make such intellectual contributions to the discussion?

Agravan
05-23-2013, 06:17 AM
yes, it tells us in a thousand ways, he isn't very bright.

but...but...but...where is everyone telling him he's off topic and is engaging in ad homs?

extremist wingers with pictures never impress me.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v138/m_misfit/Squidoo/humorfordummies.png

GrumpyDog
05-24-2013, 12:30 AM
apologize. Did not know Rabbit had such high IQ. My discussion with dog more gut reaction. Especially when he hungry.