PDA

View Full Version : The lunatic left, and their need to politicize tragedies...

Micketto
05-22-2013, 02:16 PM
No need to wait for the children's bodies to get cold... let's talk tax increases !

http://dailycaller.com/2013/05/21/boxer-uses-okla-tornado-to-push-carbon-tax/

California Democratic Sen. Barbara Boxer blamed the tornado that devastated Oklahoma on global warming during a Senate floor speech Tuesday, using the opportunity to push her own plan to tax carbon dioxide emissions.

“This is climate change,” Boxer said. “This is climate change. We were warned about extreme weather: Not just hot weather, but extreme weather. When I had my hearings, when I had the gavel years ago — it’s been a while — the scientists all agreed that what we’d start to see was extreme weather.”

Yea... we were warned.
In the book of Revelations.

Chris
05-22-2013, 02:20 PM
See enough of that here.

Been waiting for someone who doesn't know the difference to tie this to global warming.

About as bad as Bachmann: http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/13202-Michele-Bachmann-just-made-an-911-to-God

Cigar
05-22-2013, 02:20 PM
Nice Try .. Sport, Try Again and look to the Right before crossing.

http://upload.democraticunderground.com/imgs/2013/130522-oklahoma-relief-totally-different.jpg

Cigar
05-22-2013, 02:21 PM
http://media.miamiherald.com/smedia/2013/05/21/16/06/16ezc1.St.56.jpg
http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/ucomics.com/tt130522.gif

nic34
05-22-2013, 02:22 PM
Does he know the difference in magnitude of the 2 disasters?

IMPress Polly
05-22-2013, 03:00 PM
Politicization is not a bad word when such crises can be reduced in number and general scale over time by way of changes in public policy. To avoid discussing solutions is to condemn humanity to unnecessary repeats of crises like this.

junie
05-22-2013, 03:13 PM
Politicization is not a bad word when such crises can be reduced in number and general scale over time by way of changes in public policy. To avoid discussing solutions is to condemn humanity to unnecessary repeats of crises like this.

yeah, i really don't get the fauxrage of people like the OP crying because policy makers want to effect public policy in this manner...

i'm sure Chris will be along any time now to call out the ad hom and fallacy in the thread title... :studying:

Micketto
05-22-2013, 03:13 PM

No offense, Ira.... but while the mothers of these children are still crying and the search for people is still in progress and the body count isn't even finished..."politicization" is a bad word.

Pretty fkd up to say otherwise. Then again, I can't relate to the liberals' need to constantly point fingers and blame others.

Cigar
05-22-2013, 03:23 PM
It would be Pretty fkd up to do noting and we're still in Hurricane season.

Mister D
05-22-2013, 03:25 PM
No offense, Ira.... but while the mothers of these children are still crying and the search for people is still in progress and the body count isn't even finished..."politicization" is a bad word.

Pretty fkd up to say otherwise. Then again, I can't relate to the liberals' need to constantly point fingers and blame others.

It's just that they care so much. :rollseyes:

Micketto
05-22-2013, 03:28 PM
It would be Pretty fkd up to do noting and we're still in Hurricane season.

Yeah, genius... raising taxes right now will save everyone from the oncoming hurricanes.

ffs.

Do you libs on this forum actually try to look this dumb?

junie
05-22-2013, 03:34 PM
uh Chris, we have big a pile of hay over here, ready for clean-up in aisle one >> "raising taxes right now will save everyone from the oncoming hurricanes."

chop chop!!! 2741

Cigar
05-22-2013, 03:37 PM
Yeah, genius... raising taxes right now will save everyone from the oncoming hurricanes.

ffs.

Do you libs on this forum actually try to look this dumb?

... and who's going to replace that $2.2 Mill in Turf and Electronic Scoreboard?

Money well spent I see ... except 24 won't get to enjoy the games anymore.

Private Pickle
05-22-2013, 03:42 PM
... and who's going to replace that $2.2 Mill in Turf and Electronic Scoreboard?

Money well spent I see ... except 24 won't get to enjoy the games anymore.
You keep harping on this... You must think that it's OK for FEMA to make it's funds unavailable with continuing changing regulations because the school districts can just redirect their budget to pay for things the Fed says it will pay for but doesn't. Is that your stance?

Cigar
05-22-2013, 03:47 PM
You keep harping on this... You must think that it's OK for FEMA to make it's funds unavailable with continuing changing regulations because the school districts can just redirect their budget to pay for things the Fed says it will pay for but doesn't. Is that your stance?

Don't get mad at me, I'm not living in Tornado Alley without a Storm Shelter and nothing to count on but $2.2 Million in AstroTurf upgrades and a Electronic Scoreboard ... that now has to be replaced along with Schools.

So the question is, what do you replace with the money? Storm Shelters or AstroTurf?

Agravan
05-22-2013, 03:48 PM
Climate change is cyclic in nature. Nothing we do, as human, will change it, stop it, or reduce it. The climate change movement is just another scam to extort money for liberal pet projects.

Cigar
05-22-2013, 03:58 PM
Climate change is cyclic in nature. Nothing we do, as human, will change it, stop it, or reduce it. The climate change movement is just another scam to extort money for liberal pet projects.

:grin:

Chris
05-22-2013, 03:59 PM

Sure, once the mourning is finished and the facts known and it's not just pushing an agenda--iow, did the agenda or the tragedy come first?

Chris
05-22-2013, 04:02 PM
yeah, i really don't get the fauxrage of people like the OP crying because policy makers want to effect public policy in this manner...

i'm sure Chris will be along any time now to call out the ad hom and fallacy in the thread title... :studying:

Surely I've trained you well enough by now to recognize your own, why not graduate and point it out in others? Go ahead, where's the fallacy in the OP?

Cigar
05-22-2013, 04:03 PM
Sure, once the mourning is finished and the facts known and it's not just pushing an agenda--iow, did the agenda or the tragedy come first?

What ever happen to the Deficit talk ... oh wait ... it's cut in half.

What ever happened to the Benazzzzzzzzzzie talk ... oh wait ... emails took care of that.

Next IRS ...

Fuck the Jobs

junie
05-22-2013, 04:16 PM
Surely I've trained you well enough by now to recognize your own, why not graduate and point it out in others? Go ahead, where's the fallacy in the OP?

oh gawd, another delusional one... lol i was busting your chops in order to highlight your blatant double standard, silly. :D

Chris
05-22-2013, 04:41 PM
oh gawd, another delusional one... lol i was busting your chops in order to highlight your blatant double standard, silly. :D

I see you have not learned yet or you would not launch into yet another silly emotional personal attack. Is that the reputation you seek?

Dr. Who
05-22-2013, 08:07 PM
You keep harping on this... You must think that it's OK for FEMA to make it's funds unavailable with continuing changing regulations because the school districts can just redirect their budget to pay for things the Fed says it will pay for but doesn't. Is that your stance?I doubt that the schools are uninsured.

Chris
05-22-2013, 08:29 PM

What ever happened to the Benazzzzzzzzzzie talk ... oh wait ... emails took care of that.

Next IRS ...

Fuck the Jobs

Those are all still problems.

zelmo1234
05-22-2013, 08:45 PM

Next IRS ...

Fuck the Jobs

Does the President have a jobs plan other than spend a ton of money for NO results? If so I would be glad to here it

By the way I have a great Idea to create a bunch of high paying jobs, we could approve the keystone pipeline 20,000+ jobs and No cost to the government! that Should be one we can all agree on??????

JimH52
05-22-2013, 08:45 PM
Really? Do you forget W and his bull horn? Please

zelmo1234
05-22-2013, 08:49 PM
AND OF COURSE FOR THE GLOBAL WARMING / CLIMATE CHANGE OR WHATEVER THE CORRECT TERM OF THE DAY IS?

YOU DID THIS TO YOURSELVES, BY LYING TO THE PEOPLE! SO HERE IT IS ONCE AGAIN?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMqc7PCJ-nc

Chris
05-22-2013, 09:00 PM

Next IRS ...

Fuck the Jobs

Oh, wait, it's not.

President Obama has raised the national debt by nearly $6.2 trillion, the equivalent of $78,385 per family of four. It is true that projected deficits recently have been reduced. April tax filings increased 28% from 2012, but much of this was thanks to a one-time rush at the end of 2012 to report income before rates rose in January. The second largest reduction in the deficit came from Fannie Mae FNMA +7.02% taking a one-time accounting adjustment.

But unless the economy soars, or a significant budget agreement is reached, the most lasting legacy of the Obama presidency will be a $10 trillion increase in the national debt—a burden that bodes ill for the nation's future.

@ The Debt Problem Hasn't Vanished (http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324787004578494864042754582.html?m od=WSJ_Opinion_LEADTop)