PDA

View Full Version : What you get for Less Government - Just politely ask Criminals to Go Away

Cigar
05-23-2013, 08:13 AM
Woman choked and raped by ex-boyfriend after dispatcher informs her there are no cops to help - and instead tells her to ask attacker to leave

At 4.58am on August 18, the Cave Junction resident called 911 to report an emergency.

'My ex-boyfriend is trying to break into my house. I’m not letting him in but he’s like, tried to break down the door and he’s tried to break into one of the windows,' the unnamed victim told the dispatcher.

The woman explained that her ex-boyfriend, Michael Bellah, had put her in the hospital just weeks prior, and she has been trying to keep him away.

Because the number of deputies at Josephine County's Sheriff's Department had been cut following the expiration of the Secure Rural Schools and Community Self-Determination Act - a multimillion- dollar annual federal aid payment for timber-producing counties – the remaining officers were only available 8am to 4pm Monday through Friday.

Since the incident report came on a Saturday, the dispatcher transferred the call to the state police.

But the officer who picked up the phone at the Oregon State Police headquarters in Grants Pass that morning was not much help either, OPB.com reported.

Safety crisis: Sheriff Gil Gilbertson said that due to lack of funding, citizens are not guaranteed protection simply because there are not enough deputies on hand to respond to every emergency call

'Uh, I don’t have anybody to send out there. You know, obviously, if he comes inside the residence and assaults you, can you ask him to go away? Do you know if he’s intoxicated or anything?' the officer, who identified himself as Ray, told the caller.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2329375/Woman-choked-raped-abusive-ex-boyfriend-dispatcher-informs-cops-help--instead-tells-victim-just-ask-attacker-leave.html

Just buy a Gun:grin:

Chris
05-23-2013, 08:15 AM
What's the connection with less government?

patrickt
05-23-2013, 08:53 AM
Well, when you get the criminals out of the government you have, ta-da, less government. For the current administration, a lot less government. I heard they were having an ex-offender job fair to recruit IRS agents to fill the thousands needed for Obamacare. They're also having seminars in Hawaii on how to properly plead the Fifth. The White House is considering doubling the size of government so every employee can have a minder to stamp out whistleblowing.

Chris
05-23-2013, 10:12 AM
Remove crony capitalistic corruption from big government and who would big business go to to trade money for power?

jillian
05-23-2013, 10:18 AM
What's the connection with less government?

less federal money to the states because of the austerity brigade

less state money to spread around because they have less federal funding.

less money in the hands of local municipalities for cops, firefighters and teachers

why would you think that austerity wouldn't trickle down (as opposed to wealth, which never does because people hold on to wealth).

truthmatters
05-23-2013, 10:21 AM
they want to drown this country in the bathtub

that is the plan

they dont want it fixed

Chris
05-23-2013, 10:30 AM

less money in the hands of local municipalities for cops, firefighters and teachers

why would you think that austerity wouldn't trickle down (as opposed to wealth, which never does because people hold on to wealth).

Again, you bring up austerity. Please find some data to substantiate that.

Trickle down is as bad a Keynesian ida as trickle up.

Less money in the hands of government means more money in the hands of the people.

Chris
05-23-2013, 10:31 AM

that is the plan

they dont want it fixed

Liberals want to drown the country in government.

truthmatters
05-23-2013, 10:32 AM
why does the right sign the pedges of a man who said he wants our country dead?

Chris
05-23-2013, 10:33 AM

Pedges?

Dead?

jillian
05-23-2013, 10:34 AM
Again, you bring up austerity. Please find some data to substantiate that.

Trickle down is as bad a Keynesian ida as trickle up.

Less money in the hands of government means more money in the hands of the people.

i'm not going to do your homework for you, chris. all the budget cuts have hit discretionary spending. you can take from that what you'd like, but you're certainly capable of looking at the cuts to the states without my help.

as for your last sentence, that is nonsense. it has been proven untrue. and is a failure, historically.

i know you have a particular ideological view. but living in a cabin in the woods with a shotgun, a fishing pole and no roads, schools, police or firefighters is not what most people want for this country.

again, we have a government charged with acting for the public good. why do you hate the system our constitution established? and as you do, why do you still live here?

truthmatters
05-23-2013, 10:39 AM
no matter how many facts they are provided they just stick with the lies instead of absorbing the facts

patrickt
05-23-2013, 11:17 AM

Only a liberal considers my money to be federal money or state money. Why don't you just consider it the mugger's money, Jillian? Of course, spreading around money taken from other people is what liberals live for.

patrickt
05-23-2013, 11:18 AM

Are you talking about President Obama, Truthdoesntmatter? Oh, wait, you don't know what you're talking about, do you?

jillian
05-23-2013, 11:21 AM
Are you talking about President Obama, Truthdoesntmatter? Oh, wait, you don't know what you're talking about, do you?

riiiiiiiight... because the GOP doesn't check with grover norquist before it does anything.

alrighty then.

Chris
05-23-2013, 11:49 AM
i'm not going to do your homework for you, chris. all the budget cuts have hit discretionary spending. you can take from that what you'd like, but you're certainly capable of looking at the cuts to the states without my help.

as for your last sentence, that is nonsense. it has been proven untrue. and is a failure, historically.

i know you have a particular ideological view. but living in a cabin in the woods with a shotgun, a fishing pole and no roads, schools, police or firefighters is not what most people want for this country.

again, we have a government charged with acting for the public good. why do you hate the system our constitution established? and as you do, why do you still live here?

What budget cuts, jill? The sequester didn't call for budget cuts, it called for a cut in future increases in the budget, something like 1.5%. Spending more and more is simply not austerity.

Chris
05-23-2013, 11:50 AM
no matter how many facts they are provided they just stick with the lies instead of absorbing the facts

Where's your facts, where's the data showing austerity here or in Europe? What, this is the fourth, fifth time you've made the claim and failed to produce any facts.

Cigar
05-23-2013, 11:53 AM

Don't bother ... he knows, just playing stupid ... I think :)

Micketto
05-23-2013, 12:05 PM
What budget cuts, jill? The sequester didn't call for budget cuts, it called for a cut in future increases in the budget, something like 1.5%. Spending more and more is simply not austerity.

Apparently... you haven't read the Democrat definition of "cuts".

It's defined in the same book as the word "jobs".

Cigar
05-23-2013, 12:08 PM

So ... what's Congress doing today?

Peter1469
05-23-2013, 12:13 PM
If the federal government only taxed enough to pay for things it is authorized to do under the Constitution, federal taxes would be pretty low. Then the states could tax higher to perform state functions. It is called federalism.

Micketto
05-23-2013, 12:17 PM

Not calling refilled positions.... that are now part time instead of full..... "new jobs".
Like your massa.

Cigar
05-23-2013, 12:21 PM
Not calling refilled positions.... that are now part time instead of full..... "new jobs".
Like your massa.

Still a little upset about that election?

You'll get over it. :laugh:

Cigar
05-23-2013, 12:23 PM
If the federal government only taxed enough to pay for things it is authorized to do under the Constitution, federal taxes would be pretty low. Then the states could tax higher to perform state functions. It is called federalism.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y131/notribal/o-FEDERAL-REVENUE-570_zps1522e28c.jpg

Notice the beige stripe that is shrinking steadily? That stripe is the percentage corporate taxes contribute to total federal revenue. And notice the olive-green stripe that has swollen to be larger than the beige stripe used to be? That is the contribution of payroll taxes to federal revenue.

What this shows is how dramatically corporate tax contributions have shrunk in the past several decades, and how our personal taxes have risen to fill the gap. Payroll taxes now make up 35 percent of all federal government tax receipts, up from 11 percent in 1950. Corporate income taxes, meanwhile, now make up less than 10 percent of federal revenue, down from about 26 percent in 1950.

To 'splain those numbers a little more clearly: We who are on the payrolls of companies now bear way more of a tax burden than those companies bore decades ago. Those companies, meanwhile, bear less of a burden than we ever did.

And this doesn't include individual income tax, which accounts for about 46 percent of total federal tax receipts, roughly the same as 60 years ago. Between income tax and payroll taxes, individual Americans are responsible for about 81 percent of all federal tax receipts, up from about 51 percent in 1950.

Peter1469
05-23-2013, 12:32 PM
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y131/notribal/o-FEDERAL-REVENUE-570_zps1522e28c.jpg

Notice the beige stripe that is shrinking steadily? That stripe is the percentage corporate taxes contribute to total federal revenue. And notice the olive-green stripe that has swollen to be larger than the beige stripe used to be? That is the contribution of payroll taxes to federal revenue.

What this shows is how dramatically corporate tax contributions have shrunk in the past several decades, and how our personal taxes have risen to fill the gap. Payroll taxes now make up 35 percent of all federal government tax receipts, up from 11 percent in 1950. Corporate income taxes, meanwhile, now make up less than 10 percent of federal revenue, down from about 26 percent in 1950.

To 'splain those numbers a little more clearly: We who are on the payrolls of companies now bear way more of a tax burden than those companies bore decades ago. Those companies, meanwhile, bear less of a burden than we ever did.

And this doesn't include individual income tax, which accounts for about 46 percent of total federal tax receipts, roughly the same as 60 years ago. Between income tax and payroll taxes, individual Americans are responsible for about 81 percent of all federal tax receipts, up from about 51 percent in 1950.

The general downward trend in each category is typical for tax revenues in a recession. As far as corporate income taxes go, their customers pay the tax.

nic34
05-23-2013, 12:42 PM

BAM!

He says he lives in a sovereign nation called Texas... maybe remind him who won the war.....
:laugh:

Cigar
05-23-2013, 12:43 PM
Want to know something else that's stupid ... ?

It the IRS is The United States main income base

... why would anyone complain about throughput going down when usage is going up and human resources are being eliminated?

Duaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Chris
05-23-2013, 12:46 PM
Don't bother ... he knows, just playing stupid ... I think :)

Do you have some data? Or just covering up the fact you don't?

Chris
05-23-2013, 12:48 PM

Yes, a liberal here the other day said that austerity was not increasing spending as much as she desired. Obama uses the same doublespeak.

Chris
05-23-2013, 12:49 PM

Hopefully nuttin'.

Cigar
05-23-2013, 12:50 PM
Do you have some data? Or just covering up the fact you don't?

The cash-strapped sheriff’s department in the county had been forced to lay off 23 of its 29 deputies after losing millions in federal aid. The remaining six officers had their shifts slashed to eight hours Monday through Friday.

Elementary Math ... :wink:

Cigar
05-23-2013, 12:51 PM
Hopefully nuttin'.

That Nuttin is cost Tax Payer Money ... they are getting PAID to Legislate

Chris
05-23-2013, 12:52 PM
BAM!

He says he lives in a sovereign nation called Texas... maybe remind him who won the war.....

We beat Santa Anna, we can beat liberals.

Chris
05-23-2013, 12:53 PM

I'd prefer to pay them for nuttin'. That save us money.

Chris
05-23-2013, 12:54 PM
The cash-strapped sheriff’s department in the county had been forced to lay off 23 of its 29 deputies after losing millions in federal aid. The remaining six officers had their shifts slashed to eight hours Monday through Friday.

Elementary Math ... :wink:

Sorry, that's not austerity, thats slow recovery from recession.

Cigar
05-23-2013, 12:55 PM
Sorry, that's not austerity, thats slow recovery from recession.

Call it anything you like, obstruction works wonders as you can see.

Cigar
05-23-2013, 12:56 PM
I'd prefer to pay them for nuttin'. That save us money.

Perfect ... I have a lot of nuttin I can sell you.

Chris
05-23-2013, 12:58 PM
Call it anything you like, obstruction works wonders as you can see.

That's how our government was designed, for conflict, for obstruction of factions. See Madison's Federalist 10.

Chris
05-23-2013, 12:59 PM

I noticed. :-P

Cigar
05-23-2013, 01:01 PM
That's how our government was designed, for conflict, for obstruction of factions. See Madison's Federalist 10.

Thus our results ... be happy with your results and I'll be happy with my results.

But don't complain about results from methods you endorse.

Cigar
05-23-2013, 01:02 PM
I noticed. :-P

I noticed you haven't paid the bill (cigar) :)

Chris
05-23-2013, 01:08 PM
Thus our results ... be happy with your results and I'll be happy with my results.

But don't complain about results from methods you endorse.

You were the one complaining.

Micketto
05-23-2013, 01:20 PM
Still a little upset about that election?

I know you excuse every lie he makes with "he won!"..... but it doesn't upset me.

It saddens me.

Our grandchildren are fucking screwed.

And all you people care about is that he won.

Cigar
05-23-2013, 01:22 PM
I know you excuse every lie he makes with "he won!"..... but it doesn't upset me.

It saddens me.

Our grandchildren are fucking screwed.

And all you people care about is that he won.

Don't worry ... I got some work around the house they do. :wink:

Micketto
05-23-2013, 01:24 PM

During a holiday?

No they aren't.

Micketto
05-23-2013, 01:24 PM

.... don't we know it.

Cigar
05-23-2013, 01:25 PM
During a holiday?

No they aren't.

When are they not on Holiday?

Micketto
05-23-2013, 01:26 PM
Don't worry ... I got some work around the house they do. :wink:

They will be white.

You oughta rethink that whole "work for" scenario...

Chris
05-23-2013, 03:43 PM
I noticed you haven't paid the bill (cigar) :)

I thought you wanted me to contribute it here: http://thepoliticalforums.com/contribute.php. The forum really appreciates it!! :yo2:

BB-35
05-23-2013, 07:40 PM

that is the plan

they dont want it fixed

You claim that even with Owebamas sh**** record...look in the mirror,hypocrite

BB-35
05-23-2013, 07:44 PM
BAM!

Texas won the war at the battle of San Jacinto.

Taxcutter
05-24-2013, 09:47 AM
Somehow there is always money for free stuff.

Essential services and infrastructure are expendable but not the free stuff.