PDA

View Full Version : Tales Of the 1%...

Taxcutter
05-23-2013, 09:36 AM
…in the Senate.

Elizabeth Warren and Angus King top the parade of fat-cat Senate newcomers.

http://thehill.com/business-a-lobbying/301385-elizabeth-warren-angus-king-among-freshmen-in-senate-millionaires-club

(http://thehill.com/business-a-lobbying/301385-elizabeth-warren-angus-king-among-freshmen-in-senate-millionaires-club)

quote:
“Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) was worth at least $3.9 million in 2012…”

“…Sen. Angus King (I-Maine) also reported wealth in the millions of dollars for 2012. The former governor of Maine had a minimum net worth of $5.7 million last year.”

Taxcutter says:
Public “service” and academe have been very, very good to these two.

truthmatters
05-23-2013, 09:37 AM
so you hate the wealthy who want to share ?

Taxcutter
05-23-2013, 09:38 AM
These two want to share...other people's money.

Cigar
05-23-2013, 09:40 AM
These two want to share...other people's money.

Link?

Taxcutter
05-23-2013, 09:44 AM
Spending other people's money is what Democrats are all about. Warren is a Democrat and King is a fellow traveler.

truthmatters
05-23-2013, 10:19 AM
you silly diatribe is meaningless

jillian
05-23-2013, 10:28 AM
…in the Senate.

Elizabeth Warren and Angus King top the parade of fat-cat Senate newcomers.

http://thehill.com/business-a-lobbying/301385-elizabeth-warren-angus-king-among-freshmen-in-senate-millionaires-club

(http://thehill.com/business-a-lobbying/301385-elizabeth-warren-angus-king-among-freshmen-in-senate-millionaires-club)

quote:
“Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) was worth at least $3.9 million in 2012…”

“…Sen. Angus King (I-Maine) also reported wealth in the millions of dollars for 2012. The former governor of Maine had a minimum net worth of $5.7 million last year.”

Taxcutter says:
Public “service” and academe have been very, very good to these two.

having wealth isn't the problem. never has been... no matter what the rightwingnut blogosphere tells you.

having wealth and sticking it to everyone else IS the problem. senators have always been wealthy... that is what happens when you need money to run for office, particularly a statewide office (unlike districts in the House, which are relatively small). but whether someone wants to do the right thing for the middle class IS the issue. that is why people like roosevelt, kennedy, george romney, etc, gave a damn about actual people who weren't their country club buddies.

but perhaps you can explain, why do people like you, who clearly are not in the top 1%, vote against their own financial interest and in favor of the interests of corporatists and the uber wealthy??

not only do you vote against your interests, you resent anyone who doesn't oppose your intersts.

perhaps you should reconsider?

TheDictator
05-23-2013, 11:01 AM
why do people like you, who clearly are not in the top 1%, vote against their own financial interest and in favor of the interests of corporatists and the uber wealthy??

not only do you vote against your interests, you resent anyone who doesn't oppose your intersts.

perhaps you should reconsider?

As a middle class public school Teacher ( Someone who works for a living ) and a Christian, The Democrat Party has never been a champion for my interest. They have always opposed my intersts.

truthmatters
05-23-2013, 11:08 AM
becuase you dont undestand your own interests

patrickt
05-23-2013, 11:15 AM
Jillian: "but perhaps you can explain, why do people like you, who clearly are not in the top 1%, vote against their own financial interest and in favor of the interests of corporatists and the uber wealthy??"

Of course. Not everyone in this country is a jealous little class warrior. Many want what's best for the country and not just what's best for them and to hell with everyone else.

jillian
05-23-2013, 11:16 AM
As a middle class public school Teacher ( Someone who works for a living ) and a Christian, The Democrat Party has never been a champion for my interest. They have always opposed my intersts.

really? democrats don't support your right to a fair working wage and job security?

democrats don't support your right to sick leave, fair hours and a pension?

democrats don't support your right to work with a group of similiarly interested people to advance your own interests?

democrats don't believe in policies that advance the middle class?

i'd say, again, you might want to reconsider.

seems the only thing the GOP supports is the part of you that identifies as a christian. now that's fine... i guess... if you think anti-gay and anti-choice legislation matters more than your ability to feed your family and enjoy the fruits of your labor.

jillian
05-23-2013, 11:18 AM
Jillian: "but perhaps you can explain, why do people like you, who clearly are not in the top 1%, vote against their own financial interest and in favor of the interests of corporatists and the uber wealthy??"

Of course. Not everyone in this country is a jealous little class warrior. Many want what's best for the country and not just what's best for them and to hell with everyone else.

i'm not jealous. nor am i a class warrior. i already have more than i need. i simply believe that a strong middle class advances our interests as a society. i don't choose to live in a society like mexico or columbia or peru.

i'm going to guess, given your response, that you don't have more than you need, or even what you need, or you wouldn't be so angry

in fact, i seem to recall reading that you don't live here and get paid wages that they pay in mexico.

perhaps you're just resentful that we have a better standard of living than you do....

TheDictator
05-23-2013, 12:12 PM

Your full of crap.

Agravan
05-23-2013, 12:32 PM
And this is the mindset of the statist.
We don't know what we want or need, but the intelligentsia of the left knows what we want or need better that we do so they'll free us of having to make those hard decisions because they know what's best for everyone.
"Freedom" at it's finest. Orwell would be proud.

Micketto
05-23-2013, 01:18 PM

The liberal mindset (and intellect) so proudly displayed.

Don't think for yourself..... let the government tell you what to think, and what it means.

TheDictator
05-23-2013, 01:19 PM
really? democrats don't support your right to a fair working wage and job security?

When the Democratic party controlled Texas, Teacher pay started at $18,000 the next year when Republicans took over they changed to $24,000 and gave every teacher a $3000 raise that never happened under the Democrats. Today starting pay is $33,000. More than a living wage here in Texas. In most towns Teachers are the most well payed people with the exception of doctors, lawyers, and government officials.

Under the Democrats Coaches pay was $1000 per sport. Under the Republicans Coaches pay is $8000 for Team sports and $5000 for Ind. Sports as well plus 10 days extra of our Teacher pay.

democrats don't support your right to sick leave, fair hours and a pension?

Under the democrat party teachers had only 3 days of sick pay. Under the Republicans teachers now have 5 days that can be used for anything not just sick leave
Pluse they made School District give district days.

Under the democrats teachers had no state funded health insurance. Under the Republicans Teachers have State health insurance 95% payed for the Teacher 45% payed for his family by the State.

This year the Republicans increased the state contribution to above what the teacher put into their pension, The democrats never did that.

Also The democrats in congress passed a law in the 1970's that teachers can't get SS.

democrats don't support your right to work with a group of similiarly interested people to advance your own interests?

The Democratic Party in the 1960's outlawed Teacher Unions, Collective Bargaining and teacher strikes in Texas.

democrats don't believe in policies that advance the middle class?

The democrat party has done nothing to help the middle class working person, They have only so called helped the non working class.

i'd say, again, you might want to reconsider.

seems the only thing the GOP supports is the part of you that identifies as a christian. now that's fine... i guess... if you think anti-gay and anti-choice legislation matters more than your ability to feed your family and enjoy the fruits of your labor.

Under democrats my pay was $27,000.
Under The Republicans my pay is $75,000

Democrats have none nothing for me or my family but the republicans sure have. Also when my little girl was in the hospital fighting for her life, My church and the local Republican Party took up a collection for her and us. They were the only ones to do that.

TheDictator
05-23-2013, 01:43 PM

Yes, I am a christian, and do not believe in evil or evil people. I believe in true human rights, not the rights of the slaveowner, babykiller, and perverts that make up the democrat party. I can feed and take care of my family on my own I don't need the Big Government welfare programs of the democrats ( I do believe we should have welfare for those who really need it, But that is very small group who can't work, not The lazy who make up most who are on it now.) That is why the democrats hate me. I don't fit into their program of slavery.

TheDictator
05-23-2013, 02:23 PM
Just got an e-mail from my state rep. the Republicans have done away with CSCOPE the government mandated way to teach. They wanted to give back a little freedom to teachers to teach. I and about 90% of Texas teachers hated this act.