PDA

View Full Version : Casey Anthony Acquitted

Conley
07-05-2011, 01:34 PM
seriously, wtf ??? ??? not guilty of murder OR manslaughter?

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/07/05/jury-reaches-verdict-in-casey-anthony-trial/

Mister D
07-05-2011, 01:43 PM
The people I work with are fairly shocked. There as a lot of circumstantial evidence though.

Conley
07-05-2011, 01:47 PM
The people I work with are fairly shocked. There as a lot of circumstantial evidence though.

There is so much circumstantial evidence. I gotta say I haven't followed it closely but it seemed like a slam dunk. I am just reading about the major points the prosecution presented and I don't see how it couldn't have resulted in a conviction. It also sounds like the judge may have messed up, allowing a sexual abuse defense and then deciding it couldn't be mentioned in closing arguments. Sad, sad story.

Mister D
07-05-2011, 01:56 PM

There is so much circumstantial evidence. I gotta say I haven't followed it closely but it seemed like a slam dunk. I am just reading about the major points the prosecution presented and I don't see how it couldn't have resulted in a conviction. It also sounds like the judge may have messed up, allowing a sexual abuse defense and then deciding it couldn't be mentioned in closing arguments. Sad, sad story.

I haven't been following it much either. I heard the prosecution started their closing remarks wiht the molestation allegation. Maybe they didn't have enough evidence for it? ???

Conley
07-05-2011, 02:16 PM
Apparently the defense claimed that the accused had been sexually abused by her dad since she was a kid. They say her daughter died in an accident and then the dad supposedly framed her by duct taping the kid, using cholorform found during the investigation, and put her in the trunk of the car where humans and cadaver dogs both smelled decomposition. After the child died the mother showed no remorse, partying all the time with friends who testified and generally living it up.

I don't even know where to begin with this...so many holes, it just sounds ridiculous. Not to mention all the lies she told to law enforcement and the thousands of man hours spent by both police and volunteers trying to find the little girl who she knew was dead the whole time.

Mister D
07-05-2011, 03:07 PM
Apparently the defense claimed that the accused had been sexually abused by her dad since she was a kid. They say her daughter died in an accident and then the dad supposedly framed her by duct taping the kid, using cholorform found during the investigation, and put her in the trunk of the car where humans and cadaver dogs both smelled decomposition. After the child died the mother showed no remorse, partying all the time with friends who testified and generally living it up.

I don't even know where to begin with this...so many holes, it just sounds ridiculous. Not to mention all the lies she told to law enforcement and the thousands of man hours spent by both police and volunteers trying to find the little girl who she knew was dead the whole time.

I turned on Fox Sunday mornign but had to turn it off after 10 minutes or so. What a bummer of a story.

Well, someone in that family killed her. >:(

GRUMPY
07-12-2011, 07:21 AM
12 registered voters found her not guilty.....

Conley
07-12-2011, 08:14 AM

Welcome to last week ;) :D

Next trial up is Roger Clemens for perjury before Congress

Yay / nay?

GRUMPY
07-12-2011, 08:25 AM

Welcome to last week ;) :D

Next trial up is Roger Clemens for perjury before Congress

Yay / nay?

let me see a bunch of camera hungry clowns who make a living lying to the american people and bankrupting the country wanted to sit in judgement of clemens and now of course thru the power of the fed will attempt to break him for having the audacity to behave like them....

Conley
07-12-2011, 08:39 AM
the recent baseball hearings with clemens were flat out ridiculous. harry waxman was just on a ridiculous ego trip trying to look good on camera. we all know there are more pressing problems in the world today.

the dumbest thing was that clemens volunteered to go before congress and then made up a bunch of pathetic excuses and lies...he could have just stayed home and avoided all of this. pride has undone many a man. he's just another...

MMC
07-12-2011, 10:59 AM

I turned on Fox Sunday mornign but had to turn it off after 10 minutes or so. What a bummer of a story.

Well, someone in that family killed her. >:(

Yeah, I agree D.....She knew and said nothing. The one jurist stated the state did a lousy job on the prosecution. Not proof that she was directly involved. Maybe they should have went on conspiracy to commit murder. Dunno.....Where she going togo now tho?

Captain Obvious
07-12-2011, 08:40 PM
I love the random crackpots who think they know more than the law.

This dumbass can't even spell 'murder'.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/images/201107/casey.4_500.jpg

I don't know if Anthony was guilty, partially guilty or whatever. I do know she's a dumb kid who conceivably could have tried to lie her way out of something she didn't do and made things worse for herself. That's what dumb kids do.

Nobody knows the whole story except for those involved. If she did kill that little girl, then it's a tragedy - just as it would have been a tragedy if she were convicted of a crime that she didn't commit.

If these idiots waving signs have unquestionable proof that Anthony killed that little girl, then I'd say they have a point. Absent that evidence, they're just random idiots showing their idiocy to the world.

Mister D
07-12-2011, 08:43 PM
Is that a real pic? "Gulity"? "Muder"? Juror (singular) 1-12?

Captain Obvious
07-12-2011, 08:45 PM
Is that a real pic? "Gulity"? "Muder"? Juror (singular) 1-12?

She looks dim enough to produce it.

It came from the Post Gazette, so I'm assuming it's authentic.

... not like I linked it from Faux News.

;D ;D ;D

Mister D
07-12-2011, 08:51 PM
I can only shake my head in disbelief...

Captain Obvious
07-12-2011, 08:55 PM
I think that's a Rob Zombie t-shirt also.

Add the fact that it doesn't look like she's wearing a bra (those funbags are hung way low) and it would be a miracle if anyone took her seriously.

Mister D
07-12-2011, 09:13 PM

Add the fact that it doesn't look like she's wearing a bra (those funbags are hung way low) and it would be a miracle if anyone took her seriously.

And it looks like that reporter is asking her for comment. That must have been painful to listen to.

MMC
07-12-2011, 09:14 PM
I agree with the one jurist stated. If the state could not put her at the scene of the crime. Nor produce any weapon. Then how did they apply a murder charge in the first place?

Mister D
07-12-2011, 09:16 PM
I agree with the one jurist stated. If the state could not put her at the scene of the crime. Nor produce any weapon. Then how did they apply a murder charge in the first place?

It doesn't appear that they had much of a case. I guess circumstantial evidence does add up though.

MMC
07-12-2011, 09:37 PM
Which means as the police state continues along such a course. Then even having a room full of witnesses will not matter anymore. Due to having a reasonable cause and proceeding to trial upon related circumstantial evidence. Lets put all thru the ringer equally. ::)

GRUMPY
07-12-2011, 09:43 PM
the standard is beyond a reasonable doubt, not unquestionable....so let us add this up....the child is dead....placed in a garbage bag and tossed out like garbage....prior to people being aware of her missing the grieving mother spent her time partying and getting laid....even after the body was discovered the defense never put forth the claim of accidental drowning until trial had begun...the one supposed witness to this was according to ms anthony was her father, who denied this defense claim....again according to the ms anthony her father helped conceal the body to protect her from prosecution re negligence yet denied this event while she was charged with murder oh and yes just for good measure it was alleged via her attorney that ms anthony had been sexually abused by her father as a child, get it she is just a "dumb kid", herself a victim....none of this was heard from the mouth of ms anthony rather these were assertions placed before the jury by defense counsel the sex abuse allegation put out there to provide reason for her unreasonable behavior....in short she testified without testifying, the defense threw as much shit at the wall as they could in the hopes that something might stick....

Conley
07-13-2011, 09:13 AM

this whole side tangent of the thread had me laughing hysterically...reminds me of this guy

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/resources/2008/02/get-a-brain-morans.jpg

figures it'd be a cardinals fan :D