PDA

View Full Version : Really good recipe for crockpot BBQ ribs!

oceanloverOH
05-28-2013, 11:16 AM
I normally use baby back ribs for this recipe - - talk about fall-off-the-bone meat....YUM!

Crockpot BBQ Ribs
Prep time: 45 min
Cook time: 6.5 hours
Serves 2 - 4

2.5 - 3 lbs spare, baby back, or country style ribs
Salt and pepper to taste
Onion powder to taste
2 cups Sweet Baby Ray's bottled BBQ sauce
½ cup ketchup
1 Tbsp garlic, minced
¼ cup onion, finely chopped
1 Tbsp Splenda brown sugar blend
2 tsp Liquid Smoke

Preheat oven to 400°. Season ribs with salt, pepper and onion powder. Place on metal rack in a shallow baking pan. Brown in oven 15 minutes. Turn over, and brown another 15 minutes; drain fat.

Slice ribs into 3-4 rib serving pieces and put in crock pot. Mix BBQ sauce, ketchup, garlic, onion, brown sugar, and liquid smoke together in mixing bowl; pour sauce over ribs.

Cover and cook on low 5.5 - 6 hours, rotating the ribs after 3 hours. Just before ribs are done, preheat oven to 400°. Take them out of the crockpot and place them on a foil-lined baking sheet and ladle some sauce over them. Bake 10 minutes, flip, ladle again and bake 10 more minutes (this caramelizes the sauce to the ribs). Serve with extra sauce on the side.

oceanloverOH
05-28-2013, 08:03 PM
I just made these tonight.....soooooo good. Peter1469, let me know if you try them and like them.......

Peter1469
05-28-2013, 08:04 PM
I will!

Captain Obvious
05-29-2013, 05:14 PM
Man, that sounds good.

We started making beef BBQ in a crock pot. Basically thick round steak with BBQ sauce and onions in the crock all day until it starts to turn dark.

nic34
05-29-2013, 05:26 PM
This sounds great.....

Does the Sweet Baby Ray's have much sugar?

oceanloverOH
05-29-2013, 07:32 PM
This sounds great.....

Does the Sweet Baby Ray's have much sugar?

Not too horrid, nic34. 16g sugar (17g carbs) per 2 Tbsp serving (which is about the amount you get on an average serving of ribs). There are a few bottled BBQ sauces that are a little lower in sugar content; like Original KC Masterpiece at 12g sugar. But to me, the 4g sugar difference is negligible.....and SB Ray's is soooooo much tastier. Even with Ray's....gotta be careful not to buy anything with "honey" on the label....almost always higher in sugars.