PDA

View Full Version : What can you get done without Obstruction?

Cigar
05-29-2013, 11:43 AM
California Governor, Without Republicans To Obstruct Him, Creates Budget Surplus

California has been seen as a basket case with regards to its exploding budget deficits. Interesting enough this was occurring during the administration of Republican Arnold Schwarzenegger. He attributed the deficits to reduced tax revenues and overspending. He cut programs in draconian fashion but could never escape the reality that he was making the problem worse. Ultimately he did what both Reagan and Bush did, leave exploding deficits to their successors.

California now has a budget surplus. Depending on whose numbers one uses, it is anywhere from $1.2 billion according to the Governor or $4.4 billion according to the Legislature’s independent financial analyst. How did California do it and what should they do about the surplus?

Democrats President Bill Clinton, President Barack Obama, and Governor Jerry Brown did not attempt an ideological game with blinders to the actual results. They tried basic arithmetic. They raised taxes. Interesting enough, the results were the same.

Bill Clinton got a balance budget with a surplus. Barrack Obama is seeing a budget deficit that is shrinking faster than anyone expected. Suffice it to say that the budget deficit hole left by two wars, two massive tax cuts, and a massive drug program on the credit card by the previous administration along with an irresponsible & intransigent Congress cannot be solved in two terms.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/05/26/california-governor-without-republicans-to-obstruct-him-creates-budget-surplus/

Enough said ... :grin:

Chris
05-29-2013, 11:46 AM
Raised taxes and cut spending. Novel idea.

Cigar
05-29-2013, 11:47 AM
Raised taxes and cut spending. Novel idea.

Really ... ?

http://media.npr.org/assets/img/2011/05/24/ap11051101909-s6-c30.jpg?t=1312424646

Mainecoons
05-29-2013, 12:02 PM
Obamacare was done without obstruction. It clearly needed a lot more of same.

:grin:

Chris
05-29-2013, 12:09 PM
Really ... ?

Uh, read your link.

Mainecoons
05-29-2013, 12:23 PM
Obamacare is just another screwing of the young, using them as cash cows to cover the higher costs insured by older people. On top of that, it has driven the cost of their student loans, which many can't repay because of no jobs with Obamanomics.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/morris-students-higher-interest/2013/05/28/id/506768

College students struggling to pay off their student loans would see their interest rates plunge from 6.8 percent to 5.3 percent if not for President Obama’s signature healthcare law — Obamacare and other federal programs, according to veteran political analyst and best-selling author Dick Morris.

“The 16 million American students who now have student loans are paying for Obamacare out of their meagre incomes just at the point when they graduate from college and need funds to start their lives, buy their first homes and begin a family,” asserts Morris in an op-ed that appeared in The Hill. (http://thehill.com/opinion/columnists/dick-morris/302247-loans-subsidize-obamacare)

Citing Congressional Budget Office figures, Morris said that some $8.7 billion in profits from student loans are being diverted to pay for Obamacare while another $10.3 billion in profits are put toward the federal debt, and $36 billion go to Pell Scholarship grants.

If you are in this age group and you voted for Obama, you should be feeling pretty stupid about now.

If you aren't feeling thus, you definitely are a candidate for a P.T. Barnum commendation.

:grin:

Chris
05-29-2013, 12:33 PM
ObamaCare harms the elderly and the poor.

TheDictator
05-29-2013, 12:59 PM
ObamaCare harms the elderly and the poor.

Yes, and it is killing the middle class, they have to pay for the cost of Obamacare and the cost of their own healthcare that is going up because of Obamacare.

jillian
05-29-2013, 01:08 PM
Yes, and it is killing the middle class, they have to pay for the cost of Obamacare and the cost of their own healthcare that is going up because of Obamacare.

anything else you want to make up?

i also don't see you as being overly concerned about the middle class given the corproatist policies you've been directed to follow.

TheDictator
05-29-2013, 01:15 PM
What corproatist policies have I been directed to follow?

Chris
05-29-2013, 01:17 PM

IOW, it's harming everyone but the wealthy insurance companies.

Chris
05-29-2013, 01:17 PM
What corproatist policies have I been directed to follow?

The ones she made up.

Cigar
05-29-2013, 01:20 PM
anything else you want to make up?

i also don't see you as being overly concerned about the middle class given the corproatist policies you've been directed to follow.

Notice those first hand accounts for the elderly and the poor who being harmed so much from having access to medical treatment they didn't have before?

I'll give you a real like firs hand experience;

A 45 year old lady who works at a local restaurant near me recently had a double mastectomy. She told my wife and I, had she had insurance, she would have been able to afford the opportunity to to diagnose the cancer early enough to have herself from that surgery.

I'm sure the Local Forum MDs will disagree.

Chris
05-29-2013, 01:30 PM
Notice those first hand accounts for the elderly and the poor who being harmed so much from having access to medical treatment they didn't have before?

I'll give you a real like firs hand experience;

A 45 year old lady who works at a local restaurant near me recently had a double mastectomy. She told my wife and I, had she had insurance, she would have been able to afford the opportunity to to diagnose the cancer early enough to have herself from that surgery.

I'm sure the Local Forum MDs will disagree.

Why didn't you just ask for evidence?

Big Hospitals’ Obamacare Deal Betrays Seniors and the Poor (http://blog.heritage.org/2013/05/22/big-hospitals-obamacare-deal-betrays-seniors-and-the-poor/)

A backroom deal made during the writing of Obamacare will harm seniors and the poor, according to The Wall Street Journal (WSJ).

During their closed-room dealings with the Obama Administration, the hospital industry’s lobbyists agreed to support Obamacare—provided that the law placed restrictions on physician-owned “specialty” hospitals, noted WSJ. These innovative specialty hospitals frequently have quality outcomes better than most traditional facilities, but no matter—the big hospital lobbyists wanted to eliminate a source of competition. So Obamacare prohibits new physician-owned hospitals from receiving Medicare payments — and prohibits most existing facilities from expanding if they wish to keep treating Medicare patients.

WSJ highlighted the actions specialty hospitals have been forced to take in response to these Obamacare restrictions:

Forest Park Medical Center in Dallas has stopped accepting Medicare patients, allowing it to escape the law’s restrictions entirely…. Rejecting Medicare ‘was a big leap, but we felt like the law gave us no choice,’ said J. Robert Wyatt, a Forest Park founder….

Other doctor-owned facilities are asking the federal government to let them duck the law’s restrictions altogether. Doctors Hospital at Renaissance near McAllen, Texas, is trying to get a waiver allowing it to expand as more than 53% of its payments come through the Medicaid federal-state insurance program for the poor.

In other words, because hospital lobbyists cut a backroom deal to support Obamacare, seniors and low-income patients have fewer health care options. Think that these examples of Americans losing access to care would prompt the hospital-industrial complex to reconsider its backroom deal? Not a chance:

Any effort to undo the expansion limits faces an uphill battle with Democrats, because the restrictions were a deal-breaker for hospitals when the White House sought their support for the law in 2009, industry lobbyists say.

Obamacare’s backroom deals (the “Louisiana Purchase,” the “Gator Aid,” and the “Cornhusker Kickback”) represented the worst in politics—well-heeled lobbyists seeking to obtain government largesse through pork-barrel spending and regulatory loopholes. The Wall Street Journal story reminds us how those backroom deals have real-world consequences when it comes to medical access—another example of how Obamacare has harmed patient care.

TheDictator
05-29-2013, 01:32 PM

That is a lie!!!!! Everyone in the United States legal or illegal has access to medical treatment. That is the law been that way for years.

patrickt
05-29-2013, 04:50 PM
No obstruction for Stalin. Or Mao. Or Pol Pot. Or Castro. Or Hitler. And, just look at what they got done. Of course, President Obama and the IRS are doing what they can to eliminate any obstruction in the U.S.