PDA

View Full Version : Duty of Christians

Pages : [1] 2

TheDictator
05-29-2013, 12:38 PM
Matthew 28:

18 (http://biblehub.com/matthew/28-18.htm)And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 (http://biblehub.com/matthew/28-19.htm)Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them inb (http://thepoliticalforums.com/#footnotesb) the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 (http://biblehub.com/matthew/28-20.htm)teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”

A Christian's primary duty is to make other Christians, yet so many who say they are Christian disregard this command.

Micketto
05-29-2013, 01:35 PM
Well, you know.... as some of the dumbest atheists like to say:

who are we to speak for God? (despite being commanded to)

Chris
05-29-2013, 01:38 PM

Just don't put words in His Mouth.

jillian
05-29-2013, 01:39 PM

no doubt making more christians would have benefitted constantine.

most of us think you should leave us alone and believe what you choose.

Mister D
05-29-2013, 01:43 PM

Constantine? lol

You are left alone but that's never enough, is it?

Chris
05-29-2013, 01:47 PM
Constantine? lol

That view seems to contradict:

A Christian's primary duty is to make other Christians, yet so many who say they are Christian disregard this command.

countryboy
05-29-2013, 01:47 PM
Constantine? lol

And never will be.....

Mister D
05-29-2013, 01:49 PM
That view seems to contradict:

That's nice.

I'd like to know how often Jillian is accosted by Christians.

Micketto
05-29-2013, 01:49 PM

Just don't put words in His Mouth.

Speaking of....

jillian
05-29-2013, 01:55 PM
Constantine? lol

you seem to be confused. you think it is your duty to shove your religion down the throats of those who aren't interested....

but i'm not supposed to concern myself with that?

do you think i'd ever want anyone corrupting what i teach my son?

Mister D
05-29-2013, 01:57 PM
you seem to be confused. you think it is your duty to shove your religion down the throats of those who aren't interested....

I do? Where did you get that from, Jillian? In any case, when was the last time that happened to you? Never?

I doubt anyone cares what you teach your son, Jillian. I certainly don't. Trust me, most of us don't desire much contact with you.

countryboy
05-29-2013, 01:59 PM

Who said anything about shoving it down anyone's throat?

Mister D
05-29-2013, 02:00 PM

No one. Jillian has an issue with Christians.

jillian
05-29-2013, 02:04 PM
No one. Jillian has an issue with Christians.

not at all.

i have an issue with people who think they should impose their religion on others.

do you feel better pretending you're a victim when you're talking about proseltyzing?

nic34
05-29-2013, 02:08 PM
Maybe people are tired of the conflict that proselytizing brings...

Micketto

That's just the typical atheist or lefty tirade when they have nothing else.

The OP is about spreading what God has taught.... and of course those who are easily threatened turn it into "shoving it down our throats!"

Mister D
not at all.

i have an issue with people who think they should impose their religion on others.

do you feel better pretending you're a victim when you're talking about proseltyzing?

Again, who has sought to impose anything on you? Constantine? Shoving their religion down your throat? What on Earth are you talking about Jillian? Your own prejudices?

A victim of what? I'm talking about proseltyzing? Really? In any case, how did you jump from proseltyzing to your bizarre Constantine comment and the shoving religion down someone's throat? No worries. It's understood. Someone mentioned their belief that they should spread Christanity and your bigotry did the rest.

jillian
05-29-2013, 02:09 PM
That's just the typical atheist or lefty tirade when they have nothing else.

The OP is about spreading what God has taught.... and of course those who are easily threatened turn it into "shoving it down our throats!"

i'm not an atheist. i'm also not a christian and don't want people corrupting what my son is taught.

G-d never said anything about proseltyzing.

christians did.

and if you didn't intend to interfere with his belief in his religion, you wouldn't care about harassing him.

Mister D
05-29-2013, 02:10 PM
Maybe people are tired of the conflict that proselytizing brings...

Yeah, the members of this forum seem awfully tired of conflict.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-BbuXZOzOvmk/TzmgCdbvwHI/AAAAAAAAEi0/KEDuj2f-M8A/s1600/No+Liquor+to+indians.jpg

Mister D
05-29-2013, 02:12 PM
i'm not an atheist. i'm also not a christian and don't want people corrupting what he's taught.

christians did.

Who is doing this, Jillian? No one?

Chris
05-29-2013, 02:17 PM
That's nice.

Can't speak for her, wouldn't try actually. :-)

Where I live we have a homeowner's association that made a rule that provided you place a No Solicitation sign by the front door, it it illegal and the police may be called. Christians are constantly coming knocking on my door. I open it and politely point to the sign saying you're selling something, by this sign you are violating the law--this before knowing if their selling windows, siding, meat of a truck, or whatever. The Christians say of but we're not selling anything we're here to talk about Jesus. Then, I reply, you are selling Jesus, get off my property.

Those Christians are in the business of "making" Christians intrusively.

Now, a Christian who "makes" Christians persuasively through good example and kind words and such, who talk about their beliefs, share their faith, and so on, that's nonintrusive, that's good, I respect that, I was raised by Christian parents to respect that, and accept liberty of conscience as say Roger Williams or Thomas Jefferson argued it for all.

So don't get me wrong here.

Sytha
05-29-2013, 02:18 PM
Matthew 28:

18 (http://biblehub.com/matthew/28-18.htm)And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 (http://biblehub.com/matthew/28-19.htm)Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them inb (http://thepoliticalforums.com/#footnotesb) the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 (http://biblehub.com/matthew/28-20.htm)teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”

...and here in lays the a good reason all religion is evil. They all think that they are right.

so a ciristians primary duty is not to beleive in god. :thup: .... but to hump away. Sex the one and only god...a truly religious experience.

Sytha
05-29-2013, 02:19 PM

Where I live we have a homeowner's association that made a rule that provided you place a No Solicitation sign by the front door, it it illegal and the police may be called. Christians are constantly coming knocking on my door. I open it and politely point to the sign saying you're selling something, by this sign you are violating the law--this before knowing if their selling windows, siding, meat of a truck, or whatever. The Christians say of but we're not selling anything we're here to talk about Jesus. Then, I reply, you are selling Jesus, get off my property.

Now, a Christian who "makes" Christians persuasively through good example and kind words and such, who talk about their beliefs, share their faith, and so on, that's nonintrusive, that's good, I respect that, I was raised by Christian parents to respect that, and accept liberty of conscience as say Roger Williams or Thomas Jefferson argued it for all.

lol

i do the same thing!!!

Chris
05-29-2013, 02:20 PM
Did "A Christian's primary duty is to make other Christians" mean to make babies? :-) Just some light-hearted humor. OK, back to everyone taking themselves too seriously.

jillian
05-29-2013, 02:21 PM
That's nice.

do you feel threatened when someone says you should only talk about your religion to them when invited?

too bad. really.

Sytha
05-29-2013, 02:22 PM

lol.... breed out the nonbelievers and create more of your very own. Constantine needed to solodify his new religion....

Christians better be careful, the muslims are beating them out on that score.

Mister D
05-29-2013, 02:23 PM

You turn them away. They leave. The End. I mean if a knock on the door and a 20 second conversation is all we're talking about I just don't take it seriously. I get politicals coming to my house as well as upper middle class children whose parents send them out to beg for funding for local youth activities. Shrug.

jillian
05-29-2013, 02:24 PM
lol.... breed out the nonbelievers and create more of your very own. Constantine needed to solodify his new religion....

seems so. lol.

simpsonofpg
05-29-2013, 02:26 PM

I apologize, it didn't say crame anthing down anyones throat. We can only tell you about our
God we don't make you accept it. If you don't like what we have to say it is OK; That will mean more room for the rest of us.

Micketto
05-29-2013, 02:26 PM
you think it is your duty to shove your religion down the throats of those who aren't interested....

Lol... fkn hilarious.

All that... after she intentionally clicks on a thread clearly labeled "Christian"... she complains that it's being forced down her throat.

How typical of not only her... but the majority of the whiny left.

Do you feel better pretending you're a victim when you made yourself a part of the conversation?

Mister D
05-29-2013, 02:27 PM
do you feel threatened when someone says you should only talk about your religion to them when invited?

too bad. really.

No. lol Do you feel threatened when people tell you they'll talk about their religion whenever and to whomever they please? Yes, you do. That person is free to turn them away. Welcome to humanity. :smiley:

nic34
05-29-2013, 02:28 PM
MR DEEBOZO SMARTYASS!

http://marriageconfessions.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/19793.jpg

Mister D
05-29-2013, 02:29 PM
seems so. lol.

Israel owes its continued existence in part to American fundies. One day they'll realize how much you hate them. Let's not giggle too much about threats from Muslims. :wink:

jillian
05-29-2013, 02:30 PM
No. lol Do you feel threatened when people tell you they'll talk about their religion whenever and to whomever they please? Yes, you do. That person is free to turn them away. Welcome to humanity. :smiley:

we weren't talking about your first amendment rights.

we were talking about your behavior.

and you should leave people alone unless invited.\

or don't you know how to behave in normal society?

never mind, rhetorical question.

nic34
05-29-2013, 02:31 PM
Seems there may be a confilct in the message... not surprising in such a book of contradictions...

Matthew 10:5-6
These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not: But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Matthew 15:24
I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Acts 16:6
Now when they had gone throughout Phrygia and the region of Galatia, and were forbidden of the Holy Ghost to preach the word in Asia.

jillian
05-29-2013, 02:33 PM
Israel owes its continued existence in part to American fundies. One day they'll realize how much you hate them. Let's not giggle too much about threats from Muslims. :wink:

i know. you're a professional victim. poor baby.

someone who detests jews really shouldn't use that as an argument, btw.

Chris
05-29-2013, 02:36 PM
You turn them away. They leave. The End. I mean if a knock on the door and a 20 second conversation is all we're talking about I just don't take it seriously. I get politicals coming to my house as well as upper middle class children whose parents send them out to beg for funding for local youth activities. Shrug.

I oversimplify, if they left immediately I'd have no complaint, but like any salesman who thinks they're doing something good for you, they refuse, they argue, they resist, they get indignant, they get hostile. So I point to the cameras recording them, pull out the cellphone and tell them I'm calling the sheriff for trespassing. When they cuss and curse, I call them devils and tell them be gone! That last sort of startles them, so they leave.

No, that is intrusive.

Mister D
05-29-2013, 02:37 PM
i know. you're a professional victim. poor baby.

someone who detests jews really shouldn't use that as an argument, btw.

Pardon? Not sure what that is even supposed to mean or refer to. In any case, I'm not surprised you have no response. The truth can be alarming.

Awww....poor baby is a professional victim! :roflmao:

Mister D
05-29-2013, 02:39 PM
Seems there may be a confilct in the message... not surprising in such a book of contradictions...

These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not: But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Now when they had gone throughout Phrygia and the region of Galatia, and were forbidden of the Holy Ghost to preach the word in Asia.

That was Christ's ministry, genius. lol Please stop trying to sound clever.

Mister D
05-29-2013, 02:40 PM
we weren't talking about your first amendment rights.

we were talking about your behavior.

and you should leave people alone unless invited.\

or don't you know how to behave in normal society?

never mind, rhetorical question.

I've asked several times now when was the last time someone shoved their religion down your throat? Never?

Mister D
05-29-2013, 02:40 PM

Quoted for truth. Don't bite the hand that feeds you.

Micketto
05-29-2013, 02:44 PM

Lol.... conflict in the reader.

2 very different situations, Einstein.

Sytha
05-29-2013, 02:49 PM
I oversimplify, if they left immediately I'd have no complaint, but like any salesman who thinks they're doing something good for you, they refuse, they argue, they resist, they get indignant, they get hostile. So I point to the cameras recording them, pull out the cellphone and tell them I'm calling the sheriff for trespassing. When they cuss and curse, I call them devils and tell them be gone! That last sort of startles them, so they leave.

No, that is intrusive.

i have always wanted to put a sprinkler system on my porch.... one i can turn on with a switch!

Sytha
05-29-2013, 02:51 PM
I've asked several times now when was the last time someone shoved their religion down your throat? Never?

ill take a stab at that...

its one our currency.

Chris
05-29-2013, 02:52 PM

Exactly. And each reader is different, so you end up with as many Christianities as there are believers. Christianity is a religion of personal belief, and personal relationship with God.

Chris
05-29-2013, 02:54 PM
i have always wanted to put a sprinkler system on my porch.... one i can turn on with a switch!

Hadn't thought of that one. What you selling? Vacuums. Want some water?

Mister D
05-29-2013, 03:05 PM
ill take a stab at that...

its one our currency.

A stab at what? Demonstrating your neurosis? :laugh:

roadmaster
05-29-2013, 03:13 PM

Christians better be careful, the muslims are beating them out on that score. Join the Muslims then, it's not us who should be careful.

Sytha
05-29-2013, 03:44 PM
Hadn't thought of that one. What you selling? Vacuums. Want some water?

nope... i would not even get to the point of answering the door. Take a look, see who it is... and flip the switch.

Sytha
05-29-2013, 03:44 PM
A stab at what? Demonstrating your neurosis? :laugh:

gotcha.

Sytha
05-29-2013, 03:45 PM
Join the Muslims then, it's not us who should be careful.

no thanks, you can keep them.

The fact is...they are still breading like rats faster then christians.

roadmaster
05-29-2013, 03:47 PM
no thanks, you can keep them.

The fact is...they are still breading like rats faster then christians.And I should care why? I'm not afraid of them.

Sytha
05-29-2013, 03:51 PM
And I should care why? I'm not afraid of them.

you should be.

Micketto
05-29-2013, 03:51 PM
Pardon? Not sure what that is even supposed to mean or refer to. In any case, I'm not surprised you have no response. The truth can be alarming.

Awww....poor baby is a professional victim! :roflmao:

It was interesting watching that.
She clicked on, read, and responded in this thread called "Duty of Christians", knowing she wasn't going to like what she read.... and complained the whole time about having Christianity shoved down her throat.

I guess after about 9 or 10 of those posts some Christian was forcing her to make, she started feeling less like a victim.... and more like the whiny, liberal robot that she is.

nic34
05-29-2013, 03:53 PM

I'm sure you'll soon post your enlightened clarification.

countryboy
05-29-2013, 03:57 PM
i'm not an atheist. i'm also not a christian and don't want people corrupting what my son is taught.

christians did.

and if you didn't intend to interfere with his belief in his religion, you wouldn't care about harassing him.
Perhaps you've heard of the Bible? We believe it to be the inerrant word of God. I realize that doesn't sit well with you, but it is what it is. And that very same Bible says to spread the word, with gentleness and respect. If you simply say you aren't interested, a good Christian should leave you alone.

Chris
05-29-2013, 04:00 PM
Perhaps you've heard of the Bible? We believe it to be the inerrant word of God. I realize that doesn't sit well with you, but it is what it is. And that very same Bible says to spread the word, with gentleness and respect. If you simply say you aren't interested, a good Christian should leave you alone.

Agree with that emphasis on gentleness and respect. That's my experience with most Christians. The examples of door-to-door salesmen, while they exist, were I think exceptions.

countryboy
05-29-2013, 04:02 PM

Hey, a cherry picking lib, imagine that. :rolleyes:

nic34
05-29-2013, 04:04 PM
a good Christian should leave you alone.

Yeah that's fine and great, it's the ones that DON'T, the NATIVES on nearly every continent have had a problem with...

countryboy
05-29-2013, 04:06 PM
Yeah that's fine and great, it's the ones that DON'T, the NATIVES on nearly every continent have had a problem with...

Do you have any actual examples of this? Have you been harassed by marauding bands of proselytizing Christians?

roadmaster
05-29-2013, 04:16 PM
you should be. Why do you have something against them? Nope not afraid of them at all.

nic34
05-29-2013, 04:26 PM
Proselytizing Christians has worked so well in the past, that we should encourage it today.... NOT.

Read some history.

roadmaster
05-29-2013, 04:39 PM
Proselytizing Christians has worked so well in the past, that we should encourage it today.... NOT.

Read some history.No one forces anyone to listen. In fact I don't listen to atheist and what they think we should be doing.

Sytha
05-29-2013, 04:54 PM

history would disagree with you about that. The natives of the Americas and the aboriginals in AU for examples.

roadmaster
05-29-2013, 05:42 PM
history would disagree with you about that. The natives of the Americas and the aboriginals in AU for examples. Going back that far, lol.

Mister D
05-29-2013, 05:48 PM

Read some history.

It's the world's largest religion so, yeah. You're such a hapless dolt. :laugh:

Mister D
05-29-2013, 05:48 PM
It was interesting watching that.
She clicked on, read, and responded in this thread called "Duty of Christians", knowing she wasn't going to like what she read.... and complained the whole time about having Christianity shoved down her throat.

I guess after about 9 or 10 of those posts some Christian was forcing her to make, she started feeling less like a victim.... and more like the whiny, liberal robot that she is.

Typical.

TheDictator
05-29-2013, 05:49 PM

Your the one who is confused. Your putting words in my mouth that I never said. I'm not talking about forcing anyone to do anything Religious. What I am talking about is teaching the Word of God to those who want to know the truth. I do not know anything about your son, but one day when he becomes a man he may want to know about the True God and his Son Jesus Christ, and a true Christian should be willing to teach him the truth.

Mister D
05-29-2013, 05:49 PM

Amazing how it managed to become the largest religion. lol

Mister D
05-29-2013, 05:51 PM
gotcha.

lol

Mister D
05-29-2013, 05:54 PM
Your the one who is confused. Your putting words in my mouth that I never said. I'm not talking about forcing anyone to do anything Religious. What I am talking about is teaching the Word of God to those who want to know the truth. I do not know anything about your son, but one day when he becomes a man he may want to know about the True God and his Son Jesus Christ, and a true Christian should be willing to teach him the truth.

but every time Sytha takes a quarter out of her pocket she's horrified!

:smiley_ROFLMAO:

Sytha
05-29-2013, 05:57 PM
but every time Sytha takes a quarter out of her pocket she's horrified!

:smiley_ROFLMAO:

not horrified.... just acknowledging that it is religion being forced upon a populous.

you asked for ONE example..... there is one example.

Mister D
05-29-2013, 05:58 PM
not horrified.... just acknowledging that it is religion being forced upon a populous.

Having to see such a motto is forcing religion on you? :laugh: See you in church!

You're frivolous.

Sytha
05-29-2013, 06:00 PM
Having to see such a motto is forcing religion on you? :laugh: See you in church!

You're frivolous.

yes, in fact it is.

to bad you cant see that.

How would you like a nice in allah we trust on your currency?

Dr. Who
05-29-2013, 06:06 PM
Do you have any actual examples of this? Have you been harassed by marauding bands of proselytizing Christians?Well let's face it the US is just about covered. Go to Africa however and there are missionaries in droves.

Mister D
05-29-2013, 06:14 PM
yes, in fact it is.

to bad you cant see that.

How would you like a nice in allah we trust on your currency?

In fact, you're a frivolous woman not to be take seriously. :smiley:

I'd be quite indifferent to it were I to move to another society. When in Rome...

More importantly, American Muslims don't seem to care much. You know who does...? :wink:

Mister D
05-29-2013, 06:16 PM
Well let's face it the US is just about covered. Go to Africa however and there are missionaries in droves.

A little less than half of Africa is Christian and Christianity has almost 2000 years of history there.

Mister D
05-29-2013, 06:17 PM
Don't be late for church, Sytha!

TheDictator
05-29-2013, 06:24 PM

Your Wrong God told His people to teach his Laws, and His Word to others in both the old and new Testaments. Matthew 28:19-20, Leviticus 20:1-2, Jeremiah 1:7-8, Jonah 1:1-2

Dr. Who
05-29-2013, 06:25 PM
A little less than half of Africa is Christian and Christianity has almost 2000 years of history there.True but the Christian missionaries are still going there in droves trying to convert the other half. It's a little unfair, because they tend to make the Christian missionary zeal part of the cost of being assisted as they always have done. That is why around the world there are a number of Christian/other hybrid faiths.

Mister D
05-29-2013, 06:29 PM
True but the Christian missionaries are still going there in droves trying to convert the other half. It's a little unfair, because they tend to make the Christian missionary zeal part of the cost of being assisted as they always have done. That is why around the world there are a number of Christian/other hybrid faiths.

If they are they are risking their necks in Muslim regions. They could be killed. What courage!

Dr. Who
05-29-2013, 06:39 PM
If they are they are risking their necks in Muslim regions. They could be killed. What courage!The question is, is it really Christian to help others, but include as part of the price of aid, a certain amount of indoctrination?

Mister D
05-29-2013, 06:44 PM
The question is, is it really Christian to help others, but include as part of the price of aid, a certain amount of indoctrination?

The question was kind of silly, Who, and a transparent attempt to back away from your claim regarding Christianity in Africa. It's popular despite your aspersions on...who exactly we're not sure. Deal with it.

Chris
05-29-2013, 06:46 PM
Argumentum ad populum.

(Learned something as a Catholic boy!)

Mister D
05-29-2013, 06:47 PM
Argumentum ad populum.

(Learned something as a Catholic boy!)

That makes three you fail to use properly. lol

Chris
05-29-2013, 06:50 PM
That makes three you fail to use properly. lol

Rather, it's your improper use of fallacies. I'm just pointing them out.

Mister D
05-29-2013, 06:52 PM
Rather, it's your improper use of fallacies. I'm just pointing them out.

Please go ahead and demonstrate it for us.

In argumentation theory (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argumentation_theory), an argumentum ad populum (Latin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latin) for "appeal to the people") is a fallacious argument (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallacy) that concludes a proposition (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proposition) to be true because many or most people believe it. In other words, the basic idea of the argument is: "If many believe so, it is so."

I'll wait. :grin:

Chris
05-29-2013, 07:00 PM
You many times use popularity to support your argument. Example, "It's the world's largest religion". Argumentun ad populum. Q.E.D.

Of course you could just be padding your posts with insignificant statements and pretending to argue.

Mister D
05-29-2013, 07:06 PM
You many times use popularity to support your argument. Example, "It's the world's largest religion". Argumentun ad populum. Q.E.D.

Of course you could just be padding you posts with insignificant statements and pretending to argue.

Another oops moment for Chris! :laugh:

It is the world's most popular religion but that's immaterial. Who and I weren't discussing that. Maybe you should think before posting? :laugh: Go find us that proposition I claimed was true because Christianity is popular in Africa. If you can't find it here's some advice: think first and then read some more. You post far too much and you actually sound like more of an idiot when you use Latin.

Dr. Who
05-29-2013, 07:15 PM
The question was kind of silly, Who, and a transparent attempt to back away from your claim regarding Christianity in Africa. It's popular despite your aspersions on...who exactly we're not sure. Deal with it.I have backed away from nothing. It was the point from the beginning. Missionaries have always included conversion to Christianity as part of the price of assistance. Perhaps less so now, but nevertheless it is part of the mandate.

Mister D
05-29-2013, 07:23 PM
I have backed away from nothing. It was the point from the beginning. Missionaries have always included conversion to Christianity as part of the price of assistance. Perhaps less so now, but nevertheless it is part of the mandate.

You said the natives had a problem with it (i.e. it was forced). That was your point. In any case, we may take it that "perhaps less so now" means that you have no idea who you were casting aspersions on. Understood.

My favorite Christian charity, Child Fund, had to change it's name from Christian Children's Fund to Child Fund because they were restricted from helping children in Muslim countries.

Chris
05-29-2013, 07:38 PM
Another oops moment for Chris! :laugh:

It is the world's most popular religion but that's immaterial. Who and I weren't discussing that. Maybe you should think before posting? :laugh: Go find us that proposition I claimed was true because Christianity is popular in Africa. If you can't find it here's some advice: think first and then read some more. You post far too much and you actually sound like more of an idiot when you use Latin.

And now you resort to ad hom.

Dr. Who
05-29-2013, 07:38 PM
You said the natives had a problem with it (i.e. it was forced). That was your point. In any case, we may take it that "perhaps less so now" means that you have no idea who you were casting aspersions on. Understood.

My favorite Christian charity, Child Fund, had to change it's name from Christian Children's Fund to Child Fund because they were restricted from helping children in Muslim countries.
If you examine what I have posted, I never once stated the natives had a problem. I stated that part of the mandate of all Christian missionaries has always been to spread the word of Christ, and convert the heathens/ pagans or anyone not Christian to Christianity. I think in the past it was more overt because they had no respect for the tribal beliefs. Currently there are probably not that many Africans that subscribe to the ancient religions, so it is not as easy.

Mister D
05-29-2013, 07:51 PM
If you examine what I have posted, I never once stated the natives had a problem. I stated that part of the mandate of all Christian missionaries has always been to spread the word of Christ, and convert the heathens/ pagans or anyone not Christian to Christianity. I think in the past it was more overt because they had no respect for the tribal beliefs. Currently there are probably not that many Africans that subscribe to the ancient religions, so it is not as easy.

You replied to a member discussing that exact point.

Do you have any actual examples of this? Have you been harassed by marauding bands of proselytizing Christians?

Well let's face it the US is just about covered. Go to Africa however and there are missionaries in droves.

Were you just changing the subject?

There are a great many Africans who "subscribe to the ancient religions". As in Europe, Christianity is expressed in a unique way. It will always be colored by a people's culture and history.

Mister D
05-29-2013, 08:00 PM
And now you resort to ad hom.

Learn how to apply these terms.

Dr. Who
05-29-2013, 08:08 PM
You replied to a member discussing that exact point.

Were you just changing the subject?

There are a great many Africans who "subscribe to the ancient religions". As in Europe, Christianity is expressed in a unique way. It will always be colored by a people's culture and history.I only responded to Countryboy and you. The subject at the moment was proselytizing. I indicated it was not, in my view extreme in the US, but that missionaries do travel to Africa in hordes to proselytize and give aid. If you agree that the Christian ethic is satisfied by giving aid while also demanding attention to the Christian message and that is truly Christian, then what is the problem? If you feel it may be a tad hypocritical then say so. If you believe that I am misrepresenting Christian missionaries, please comment.

Mister D
05-29-2013, 08:17 PM
I only responded to Countryboy and you. The subject at the moment was proselytizing. I indicated it was not, in my view extreme in the US, but that missionaries do travel to Africa in hordes to proselytize and give aid. If you agree that the Christian ethic is satisfied by giving aid while also demanding attention to the Christian message and that is truly Christian, then what is the problem? If you feel it may be a tad hypocritical then say so. If you believe that I am misrepresenting Christian missionaries, please comment.

It's not "extreme" anywhere and the "natives" are fine with it.

Well, right then. What is the problem? I guess I've been asking that all day. Do you seriously have a problem with that (bold type)? Secondly, one cannot "demand attention to the Christian message". One can preach it and hope for the best. Overall, these missionaries are some damn fine men and women. no, I don't understand why you offer support for those who hold them in contempt.

Dr. Who
05-29-2013, 09:08 PM
It's not "extreme" anywhere and the "natives" are fine with it.

Well, right then. What is the problem? I guess I've been asking that all day. Do you seriously have a problem with that (bold type)? Secondly, one cannot "demand attention to the Christian message". One can preach it and hope for the best. Overall, these missionaries are some damn fine men and women. no, I don't understand why you offer support for those who hold them in contempt.But I don't hold them in contempt. I believe that they do many good works, bring medicine to places without doctors, bring education to places without resources. My only question was, whether requiring attention to the Christian message is the price, and whether that satisfies the teachings of Christ.

Common
05-29-2013, 10:42 PM
I recently had a conversation with friend of 44 yrs. Hes not well hes had a heart valve problem for years and is on warfarin and oxygen at night, now sometimes during the day.
He said its getting closer, I said stop being morbid a miserable rotten bastard like you is going to live forever. Then out of nowhere he said, do you still believe in god and heaven. We were both raised Catholics. I looked at him and I said. Ill tell you what I dont want to believe, I dont want to believe when they put us in the box and stick is in the ground thats all there is nothing else, turn to dirt. I dont want to believe that. Then I said in your case youre going to be reincarnated into my toilet seat. He laughed and that was a good thing.

roadmaster
05-29-2013, 11:12 PM

The rioting in Lashio started Tuesday after reports that a Muslim man had splashed gasoline on a Buddhist woman and set her on fire. The man was arrested. The woman was hospitalized with burns on her chest, back and hands.
Mobs took revenge by burning down several Muslim shops and one of the city's main mosques, along with an Islamic orphanage that was so badly charred that only two walls remained, said Min Thein, a resident contacted by telephone.
Even the Buddhist are fighting back.:wink:

Micketto
05-30-2013, 06:46 AM
True but the Christian missionaries are still going there in droves trying to convert the other half. It's a little unfair, because they tend to make the Christian missionary zeal part of the cost of being assisted as they always have done. That is why around the world there are a number of Christian/other hybrid faiths.

So because a Christian family, that decided to use their lives in some foreign country hoping to present God and the Bible to people that may otherwise never hear about it..... are the only ones going to "assist" these people, as you say....

The "price" the tribes, etc. have to pay... is listening to a missionary.

A very small price to have a better life.
One including food, learning skills to survive, clothing and very often shelter.

But of course, the atheists in the US will definitely whine and complain on their behalf....

.....as they sit here doing nothing for those people.

Micketto
05-30-2013, 06:49 AM
The question is, is it really Christian to help others, but include as part of the price of aid, a certain amount of indoctrination?

No, let's sit here in our comfortable homes in the first world country... doing nothing... and complain about those who do.

Way to take the lead !

Micketto
05-30-2013, 06:51 AM
I have backed away from nothing. It was the point from the beginning. Missionaries have always included conversion to Christianity as part of the price of assistance. Perhaps less so now, but nevertheless it is part of the mandate.

Conversion is never the "price". Stop making sht up. They are there to help. Period.

Apparently you help them without talking to them about your beliefs in all those trips you make over there to assist them ?

jillian
05-30-2013, 07:15 AM
Conversion is never the "price". Stop making sht up. They are there to help. Period.

Apparently you help them without talking to them about your beliefs in all those trips you make over there to assist them ?

of course it is.stop lying.

Mister D
05-30-2013, 07:38 AM

Why don't you tell us who demands this price? Who refuses aid? Do tell us.

Mister D
05-30-2013, 07:39 AM

It's incredible, no? These are people who devote their lives to helping the poor and preaching the Gospel of Christ. No, they don't hold such peopel in contempt. They just aski questions! :rollseyes:

Micketto
05-30-2013, 07:44 AM

So when they hand them clothing, food, test them for eyeglasses and provide them.... they take it all back if the person doesn't say "Ok, I'm a Christian now".

Lol.... You have absolutely no clue what missionaries do, do ya.

When I was a teen, our church would take the youth to southern Mexico and we would feed people and have an Optometrist testing vision and we brought thousands of pairs of eyeglasses with us. Other groups covered other needs.
We offered 3 church services, for the 3 weeks we stayed, for anyone that wanted to attend. If you didn't want to, or even badmouthed God, you still got fed and received reading glasses if needed.

The missionary is there to plant seeds, show love and compassion, to the point people will ask them why they are doing it.
That is when they will share their faith... that is the time someone is most open to listening.

Anything you "know" comes from the same place you make up all your "knowledge".

There is NO "price".
You are a liar, and you have no clue about any of this.

Micketto
05-30-2013, 07:47 AM
It's incredible, no? These are people who devote their lives to helping the poor and preaching the Gospel of Christ. No, they don't hold such peopel in contempt. They just aski questions! :rollseyes:

Missionaries, after sacrificing a life of luxury, cleanliness and good health in America, often die for daring to be in a country that is governed by a dictator that is hell-bent on upholding his own, one religion.

The liberals on this forum just sit there badmouthing them for daring to mention God while handing people a pair of socks and shoes, that they have never owned before.

Zzzz....

Mister D
05-30-2013, 07:58 AM
Missionaries, after sacrificing a life of luxury, cleanliness and good health in America, often die for daring to be in a country that is governed by a dictator that is hell-bent on upholding his own, one religion.

The liberals on this forum just sit there badmouthing them for daring to mention God while handing people a pair of socks and shoes, that they have never owned before.

Zzzz....

Too bad you just dispelled that fantasy for them. I'm sure someone was going to tell us missionaries are just in it for the money. :rollseyes:

Micketto
05-30-2013, 08:04 AM
Too bad you just dispelled that fantasy for them. I'm sure someone was going to tell us missionaries are just in it for the money. :rollseyes:

Those damned corporately owned Jesus freaks.. who happen to think we pay too much tax already !!!

TheDictator
05-30-2013, 09:34 AM

There is a group that the Muslims hate more than Christians, Jews, or anyone and that is Godless Liberals. You will be the first to die in a Muslim takeover.

jillian
05-30-2013, 09:41 AM
There is a group that the Muslims hate more than Christians, Jews, or anyone and that is Godless Liberals. You will be the first to die in a Muslim takeover.

the fact that you don't understand that most liberals believe in G-d shows your ignorance.

jesus was a liberal.

get over that one.

TheDictator
05-30-2013, 09:51 AM

This was Jesus' personal mission to the Jews when he was on the Earth. Because the Jews were God's people at that time they would be given the first opportunity to believe the truth. When the Jews rejected the truth God turned to the rest of the world. There are no contradictions in the Bible, only make up ones by people who do not want to believe.

nic34
05-30-2013, 09:56 AM
No contradictions, just excuses.....

Mister D
05-30-2013, 10:01 AM
No contradictions, just excuses.....

More likely, you just don't know what you're talking about but we're all used to that.

TheDictator
05-30-2013, 10:04 AM
the fact that you don't understand that most liberals believe in G-d shows your ignorance.

jesus was a liberal.

get over that one.

No Jesus was not a Liberal, Because Liberal is a political term and Jesus was not political. That does not mean a Christian can not be political, it just means Jesus was not. Jesus Christ was a Religious Radical who obeyed God's Word over man's religious and political correctness.

TheDictator
05-30-2013, 10:09 AM

jesus was a liberal.

get over that one.

Most People believe in some kind of God, That is not the point, I was talking about those who are Liberal and do not believe in God, but I guess your to ignorant to understand that.

jillian
05-30-2013, 10:16 AM
No Jesus was not a Liberal, Because Liberal is a political term and Jesus was not political. That does not mean a Christian can not be political, it just means Jesus was not. Jesus Christ was a Religious Radical who obeyed God's Word over man's religious and political correctness.

you know, i find it troubling when people who say they're christians don't know the history of their own religion.

first: jesus was not a christian. he was a jew. he never preached "christianity", he preached a return to the tenets of judaism and agitated for the priests and kahane's of the san hedrin to stop placing their status before that of the temple and its people. (remember he throwing over the tables of the sellers?

everything he did was political. he was actually a radical... which is what got him in trouble.

oh... and his name wasn't jesus, it was yeshua ben yosef.

you also might want to start with a simple definition of "liberal"

lib·er·al (lhttp://img.tfd.com/hm/GIF/ibreve.gifbhttp://img.tfd.com/hm/GIF/prime.gifhttp://img.tfd.com/hm/GIF/schwa.gifr-http://img.tfd.com/hm/GIF/schwa.gifl, lhttp://img.tfd.com/hm/GIF/ibreve.gifbhttp://img.tfd.com/hm/GIF/prime.gifrhttp://img.tfd.com/hm/GIF/schwa.gifl) adj. 1. a. Not limited to or by established, traditional, orthodox, or authoritarian attitudes, views, or dogmas; free from bigotry.
b. Favoring proposals for reform, open to new ideas for progress, and tolerant of the ideas and behavior of others; broad-minded.
c. Of, relating to, or characteristic of liberalism.
d. Liberal Of, designating, or characteristic of a political party founded on or associated with principles of social and political liberalism, especially in Great Britain, Canada, and the United States.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/liberal

knowledge is your friend. it took us from the dark ages into the enlightenment.

jillian
05-30-2013, 10:17 AM
Most People believe in some kind of God, That is not the point, I was talking about those who are Liberal and do not believe in God, but I guess your to ignorant to understand that.

i'm sorry. perhaps it would be helpful if you articulated better. you used the phrase "godless liberals" and drew no distrinction.

and before you call anyone else ignorant, the word is "you're".

you're welcome.

Sytha
05-30-2013, 10:24 AM

they like listening to themselves talk, don't they?

jillian
05-30-2013, 10:25 AM

they have years of practice from annoying people who aren't interested in hearing about the "good news".

Mister D
05-30-2013, 10:27 AM
they have years of practice from annoying people who aren't interested in hearing about the "good news".

Odd comment considering that you're a member of a people hated all over the world.

Sytha
05-30-2013, 10:29 AM
you know, i find it troubling when people who say they're christians don't know the history of their own religion.

first: jesus was not a christian. he was a jew. he never preached "christianity", he preached a return to the tenets of judaism and agitated for the priests and kahane's of the san hedrin to stop placing their status before that of the temple and its people. (remember he throwing over the tables of the sellers?

everything he did was political. he was actually a radical... which is what got him in trouble.

amazing isnt it?

TheDictator
05-30-2013, 10:30 AM

UN Report in 2010

The Muslim growth rate is 1.8% and there are 1.3 billion of them.

The Christian groth rate is 1.3% and there are 2.2 billion of them.

It well take centuries before they get close to Chistianity.

Mister D
05-30-2013, 10:32 AM
UN Report in 2010

The Muslim growth rate is 1.8% and there are 1.3 billion of them.

The Christian groth rate is 1.3% and there are 2.2 billion of them.

It well take centuries before they get close to Chistianity.

Meanwhile, Judaism is shrinking.

jillian
05-30-2013, 10:35 AM
Odd comment considering that you're a member of a people hated all over the world.

how is truth odd?

and your point about anti-semite scum?

do you somehow take solace wallowing in being one?

Micketto
05-30-2013, 10:36 AM

I'm sure the late defense from someone using a pic of a model as they're avatar is very helpful...
but she was owned on this already.

Mister D
05-30-2013, 10:38 AM
how is truth odd?

and your point about anti-semite scum?

do you somehow take solace wallowing in being one?

lol poor little victim! Call a waaaahbulance! :laugh:

Truth hurts, huh? Do some thinking, toots.

Micketto

first: jesus was not a christian. he never preached "christianity".

Because there was no such thing as "Christianity" at the time.
He is the very definition of the term, so of course he wasn't a "Christian"... nor did Dictator say He was.

Your common, repeated statements on all this remind me of the very skewed Jewish version.
In which case... it all makes sense.

Mister D
I'm sure the late defense from someone using a pic of a model as they're avatar is very helpful...
but she was owned on this already.

I hope she didn;t see any loose change today. It has "In God We Trust" on it! Poor thing need therapy.

Micketto
05-30-2013, 10:40 AM
and before you call anyone else ignorant, the word is "you're".

you're welcome.

Apparently his typo of the very next word "too" was beyond you.

Lol... you're welcome.

jillian
05-30-2013, 10:41 AM
Apparently his typo of the very next word "too" was beyond you.

Lol... you're welcome.

no... i didn't read past it.

did you finish elementary school yet?

Micketto
05-30-2013, 10:51 AM
I hope she didn;t see any loose change today. It has "In God We Trust" on it! Poor thing need therapy.

Well, the fake pic she uses is hot... so we can overlook the whining about having God shoved down her throat every time she sees a dime. ;)

http://www.google.com/search?gs_rn=15&gs_ri=psy-ab&suggest=p&cp=17&gs_id=3p&xhr=t&q=priyanka+pathania&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.47244034,d.aWc&biw=1158&bih=662&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=fHOnUaXRI-ffyQGqnoHIDg

TheDictator
05-30-2013, 11:06 AM

I find it troubling when people make up stuff that others did not say.

1. Please show me where I said Jesus Christ was a Christian? The word Christian means "Follower of Christ".
2. Please show me where I said Jesus Christ was not a Jew?
3. Jesus is his name in English.

If you want to use the term Liberal in that Jesus rejected man made Religion ( like the Jews did in the time of Christ ) in favor of the True Relion of God from his Word. I would a Liberal also.

Jesus preached the coming of the Church. Jesus preached God's Word not man made tenets of judaism. Jesus preached salvation by him only. Jesus preached that rejection of him was also rejection of God and would bring Judgement. Jesus preached a lot of things.

TheDictator
05-30-2013, 12:32 PM

No, that is intrusive.

Let me tell you a story that happen to me one day years ago. I was standing outside the Election polls giving out a Christian voter guide, I was 100 feet away from the door of the poll in the place I was to be to do this. Right next to the sign that said that. A man who came up to vote walked 100 feet over where I was talking to somesone and started yelling at me saying you can't do that. I told him I am where the law says I am to be, he then said you can't give out christian stuff at a public place. He started yelling 4 letter words at me, then got in his car and drove off. I never said a word to this man until he came up to me and started yelling.

Liberal have no problem being intrusive, but one else can.

TheDictator
05-30-2013, 12:42 PM
Exactly. And each reader is different, so you end up with as many Christianities as there are believers. Christianity is a religion of personal belief, and personal relationship with God.

Christianity is God's relationship to man. Does man mess it up? Yes, it is called sin, but God has provided a way to take away the sin from man. Jesus Christ payed the price for justice, for everyone's sin who follow him. That is the religion of Christianity.

Micketto
05-30-2013, 01:00 PM
Let me tell you a story that happen to me one day years ago. I was standing outside the Election polls giving out a Christian voter guide, I was 100 feet away from the door of the poll in the place I was to be to do this. Right next to the sign that said that. A man who came up to vote walked 100 feet over where I was talking to somesone and started yelling at me saying you can't do that. I told him I am where the law says I am to be, he then said you can't give out christian stuff at a public place. He started yelling 4 letter words at me, then got in his car and drove off. I never said a word to this man until he came up to me and started yelling.

Those are the people that walk 100 feet to where you are... and accuse you of shoving it down their throat.

Just like the psycho in this thread tried... 'til it was pointed out to her ;)

Chris
05-30-2013, 01:16 PM
Christianity is God's relationship to man. Does man mess it up? Yes, it is called sin, but God has provided a way to take away the sin from man. Jesus Christ payed the price for justice, for everyone's sin who follow him. That is the religion of Christianity.

Right, and that is all based on personal belief. You express one set of personal beliefs, maketto another, D yet another. All 3 of you may say you follow Christ, but that means something different, something personal to each of you.

Another comment if I might. This thread for the most part is one long shouting match and name calling and personal attacks on both sides, Christians v Liberals. It's not persuasive, not attractive. I don't think liberals care, they're against. But your OP says you do. Just saying as a respectful outsider looking in.

jillian
05-30-2013, 01:36 PM

in your opinion

but everyone feels the same way about their own beliefs

which is why you should enjoy yours if they give you peace of mind...

and leave everyone else alone

TheDictator
05-30-2013, 01:52 PM
Right, and that is all based on personal belief. You express one set of personal beliefs, maketto another, D yet another. All 3 of you may say you follow Christ, but that means something different, something personal to each of you.

Another comment if I might. This thread for the most part is one long shouting match and name calling and personal attacks on both sides, Christians v Liberals. It's not persuasive, not attractive. I don't think liberals care, they're against. But your OP says you do. Just saying as a respectful outsider looking in.

I'm not disrespectful until they are to me, Yes I know it is not right but it is human. We disagree all the time but it never get to the point of personal attacks. I agree with you about being respectful. I will try harder next time.

jillian
05-30-2013, 01:55 PM
I'm not disrespectful until they are to me, Yes I know it is not right but it is human. We disagree all the time but it never get to the point of personal attacks. I agree with you about being respectful. I will try harder next time.

but your idea of "disrespectful" is someone telling you that you should keep your religion to yourself unless invited.

that isn't disrespectful

TheDictator
05-30-2013, 01:57 PM
and leave everyone else alone

You do not speak for everyone. If someone does not want to talk about christianity I do leave them alone.

nic34
05-30-2013, 02:00 PM

.... and you're the expert on that around these parts....

TheDictator
05-30-2013, 02:01 PM
but your idea of "disrespectful" is someone telling you that you should keep your religion to yourself unless invited.

that isn't disrespectful

Do not tell me what my ideas are because you do not know. And no, I do not think that is disrespectful in most ways.

nic34
05-30-2013, 02:05 PM

You want to hear the story about what happend in front of our local planned parenthood?

Some of your fellow followers are not just foul mouthed, they're dangerous....

TheDictator
05-30-2013, 02:09 PM

that isn't disrespectful

I do not need an invitation to ask someone if they would like to talk aboout religion, If they do I will talk with them if they do not I say thank you and walk a way.

TheDictator
05-30-2013, 02:18 PM
You want to hear the story about what happend in front of our local planned parenthood?

Some of your fellow followers are not just foul mouthed, they're dangerous....

I do not condone bad language ( I never use it ) or bad behavior, but do you really want to compare Christian protest behavior to that of Liberal protest behavior like the Occupy Movement.

nic34
05-30-2013, 02:28 PM
do you really want to compare christian protest behavior to that of liberal protest behavior like the occupy movement.

Any day.

TheDictator
05-30-2013, 02:40 PM
When was the last time someone was raped at a Pro-life protest?

Happen more than once at Occupy Protest.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/sexual-assaults-occupy-wall-street-camps/story?id=14873014
Alleged sexual assaults at Occupy Wall Street camps (http://thepoliticalforums.com/Reports%20of%20sexual%20assaults%20at%20'Occupy'%2 0camps%20have%20raised%20concerns%20about%20securi ty%20in%20a%20handful%20of%20cities,%20including%2 0reports%20of%20groping%20and%20raping%20inside%20 tents%20at%20Zuccotti%20Park%20and%20a%20sex%20off ender%20in%20Dallas%20having%20sex%20with%20an%20u nderage%20runaway.) have raised concerns about security in a handful of cities, including reports of rape and groping in tents at New York's Zuccotti Park and a sex offender in Dallas having sex with an underage runaway.

nic34
05-30-2013, 02:58 PM
I'm not going to sit here trading stories of incidents... tho I doubt as many Pro-lifers were as blatently pepper sprayed for no reason but just being there....

But also I never heard where any ows protester ever shot anyone dead either.

TheDictator
05-30-2013, 03:15 PM
but do you really want to compare Christian protest behavior to that of Liberal protest behavior like the Occupy Movement.

Any day.

I'm not going to sit here trading stories of incidents...

You really need to learn to say what you really mean.

Chris
05-30-2013, 03:18 PM

Just my personal observation. Thanks for taking it as intended.

I'd say the same to the liberals but I see no hope in that.

A bit of a story. It wasn't that long ago, but back when pro-life was to say the least belligerent, I was pro-choice and would present my argument only to be shouted down and cursed and damned to hell, which only resulted in me digging in my heels. That pro-choice attitude for the most part changed, it calmed, it became more rational, and thus persuasive, so I listened, saw the argument more clearly, and changed my stance. Now I present my argument I'm shouted down by liberals, which only results in my digging in my heels. Funny how that works.

Mister D
05-30-2013, 03:21 PM
You really need to learn to say what you really mean.

See, nic34? That a most Christian beatdown.

nic34
05-30-2013, 03:38 PM
What are you saying MRDEEBOZO? You blind.....? HELLOO....?

Are abortion doctors killed by Christians or not?

Who did OWS kill?

Beatyoudown bruh......

TheDictator
05-30-2013, 03:43 PM
Just my personal observation. Thanks for taking it as intended.

I'd say the same to the liberals but I see no hope in that.

A bit of a story. It wasn't that long ago, but back when pro-life was to say the least belligerent, I was pro-choice and would present my argument only to be shouted down and cursed and damned to hell, which only resulted in me digging in my heels. That pro-choice attitude for the most part changed, it calmed, it became more rational, and thus persuasive, so I listened, saw the argument more clearly, and changed my stance. Now I present my argument I'm shouted down by liberals, which only results in my digging in my heels. Funny how that works.

I totally agree, About 20 years ago I had a Mormon missionary come to my door and wanted to talk I told him I was a Minster ( Singles Minster at that time ) at a Church here in Dallas. ( Most of the time they don't want to talk to a minster and they walk away ) he said Ok, so I invited him in, and My wife and I studied with him for 5 days and I learned a lot about them we disagree on almost everything but it was fun and enjoyable and respectful. I was and am secure in my belief that I can sit down with someone who is of another religion and talk.

Mister D
05-30-2013, 03:47 PM
I've only had Jehovah's Witnesses come door to door around here.

Dr. Who
05-30-2013, 04:17 PM
Why don't you tell us who demands this price? Who refuses aid? Do tell us.Doctors without borders demand no price.

Dr. Who
05-30-2013, 04:26 PM

Liberal have no problem being intrusive, but one else can.How do you know he was a liberal? He may have been a conservative who wasn't a Christian.

TheDictator
05-30-2013, 04:27 PM
What are you saying MRDEEBOZO? You blind.....? HELLOO....?

Who did OWS kill?

Beatyoudown bruh......

The Pro-Life movement is 40+ years now

The Occupy Movement is 1 year and they have done more crime than the 40+ of the pro -life movement.

TheDictator
05-30-2013, 04:29 PM
How do you know he was a liberal? He may have been a conservative who wasn't a Christian.

Because he said he was a liberal and a democrat at one point in his yelling.

jillian
05-30-2013, 04:36 PM
The Pro-Life movement is 40+ years now

The Occupy Movement is 1 year and they have done more crime than the 40+ of the pro -life movement.

really who has anyone from OWS killed?

as for the damage the anti-choice brigade has done, i suppose its depends on whether you've been raped with a nonconsensual internal sonogram

or were the wife of one of the abortion doctors the nutters killed...

or worked in one of the clinics they blew up.

Dr. Who
05-30-2013, 04:36 PM
I do not condone bad language ( I never use it ) or bad behavior, but do you really want to compare Christian protest behavior to that of Liberal protest behavior like the Occupy Movement.To act in a manner that is the antithesis of Christian teachings does not put one in mind of Christianity, but hypocrisy. A truly Christian protest would not be hostile or aggressive. If you are a true Christian, you cannot select only the parts of the teachings that suit you.

TheDictator
05-30-2013, 05:16 PM
really who has anyone from OWS killed?

as for the damage the anti-choice brigade has done, i suppose its depends on whether you've been raped with a nonconsensual internal sonogram

or were the wife of one of the abortion doctors the nutters killed...

or worked in one of the clinics they blew up.

Or the millions of children that was killed by the Liberals.

TheDictator
05-30-2013, 05:21 PM
To act in a manner that is the antithesis of Christian teachings does not put one in mind of Christianity, but hypocrisy. A truly Christian protest would not be hostile or aggressive. If you are a true Christian, you cannot select only the parts of the teachings that suit you.

I said That "I DO NOT CONDONE BAD BEHAVIOR" read!

Dr. Who
05-30-2013, 05:28 PM
I said That "I DO NOT CONDONE BAD BEHAVIOR" read!
That is yelling - and may I add, quite uncalled for. I was not commenting on what you condone or don't condone, but the behavior of the not so very Christian protesters at the Planned Parenthood clinic(s).

TheDictator
05-30-2013, 05:48 PM
That is yelling - and may I add, quite uncalled for. I was not commenting on what you condone or don't condone, but the behavior of the not so very Christian protesters at the Planned Parenthood clinic(s).

You can't yell online. Everyone has hypocrisy in their lives, Liberal even more. Yes, some people may get up set by the murdering of little children by Butchers. You liberals want to live in a immoral or amoral world, well live with the immorality you don't like as well as the immorality you do like.

TheDictator
05-30-2013, 05:52 PM

By the way not everyone who is pro-life are Christian. I met some years ago people from Liberals for Life at a Pro-Life Rally.

roadmaster
05-30-2013, 05:56 PM
To act in a manner that is the antithesis of Christian teachings does not put one in mind of Christianity, but hypocrisy. A truly Christian protest would not be hostile or aggressive. If you are a true Christian, you cannot select only the parts of the teachings that suit you.

Nor can you. Christians can fight and have so in the Bible. When Joshua led the people across the Jordan River into Canaan, he was fulfilling a promise that prompted harsh judgment. The Canaanites worshipped other gods engaged in temple prostitution which was thought to be a re-enactment of the sexual unions of the gods and goddesses and practiced child sacrifice. The Israelites tried to compromise and worship God the way the Canaanites worshiped their gods and eventually received the same judgment the Canaanites experienced. You are wrong we can be hostile and aggressive as Jesus had mercy but also judgment.

Mister D
05-30-2013, 06:21 PM
Doctors without borders demand no price.

neither do Christian missionaries. The preaching of the Gospel is a price like "In God We Trust" is having religion shoved down your throat. It's just not serious. Oh, and you didn't answer my question but I know why.

Dr. Who
05-30-2013, 06:22 PM
You can't yell online. Everyone has hypocrisy in their lives, Liberal even more. Yes, some people may get up set by the murdering of little children by Butchers. You liberals want to live in a immoral or amoral world, well live with the immorality you don't like as well as the immorality you do like.It is simply a fallacy that people are more responsive to aggressive and belligerent behavior. All it inspires is disrespect. If you want to change someone's mind try persuasive argument.

Mr Happy
05-30-2013, 06:36 PM

A foetus is a not a child...try again..

Mr Happy
05-30-2013, 06:38 PM

neither do Christian missionaries. .

Maybe not now, but in the past they have....in spades....

Dr. Who
05-30-2013, 06:43 PM

Maybe not now, but in the past they have....in spades....Indeed, the original American aboriginal spiritual beliefs were all but wiped out by Christian missionaries and later government intervention.

jillian
05-30-2013, 06:47 PM

based on your particular religious belief... which you're entitled to.

but once more, make your own moral decisions and leave others alone to make theirs.

Chris
05-30-2013, 07:06 PM
Nor can you. Christians can fight and have so in the Bible. When Joshua led the people across the Jordan River into Canaan, he was fulfilling a promise that prompted harsh judgment. The Canaanites worshipped other gods engaged in temple prostitution which was thought to be a re-enactment of the sexual unions of the gods and goddesses and practiced child sacrifice. The Israelites tried to compromise and worship God the way the Canaanites worshiped their gods and eventually received the same judgment the Canaanites experienced. You are wrong we can be hostile and aggressive as Jesus had mercy but also judgment.

Curious, do Christians fight though in the Bible? Other than the good fight of faith?

Mister D
05-30-2013, 07:21 PM

Maybe not now, but in the past they have....in spades....

We're talking about right now, Happy.

Mister D
05-30-2013, 07:22 PM
based on your particular religious belief... which you're entitled to.

but once more, make your own moral decisions and leave others alone to make theirs.

So you agree with Rand Paul regarding Title II?

Chris
05-30-2013, 07:23 PM
A foetus is a not a child...try again..

It's also not a teen, not an adult, etc etc. It is a living human being though.

Mister D
05-30-2013, 07:23 PM
Indeed, the original American aboriginal spiritual beliefs were all but wiped out by Christian missionaries and later government intervention.

Really?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Native_American_religion

Mr Happy
05-30-2013, 07:30 PM
It's also not a teen, not an adult, etc etc. It is a living human being though.

That is debatable....

Dr. Who
05-30-2013, 07:35 PM
Really?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Native_American_religion There are a minority who have maintained it on the reserves, but for the most part most have become Christians or have no religion whatsoever. How many native people do you know? I know quite a few, and they are all Christians. They may pay token attention to the old ways during powwows, but that does not translate to a vibrant religion.

Mister D
05-30-2013, 07:41 PM
There are a minority who have maintained it on the reserves, but for the most part most have become Christians or have no religion whatsoever. How many native people do you know? I know quite a few, and they are all Christians. They may pay token attention to the old ways during powwows, but that does not translate to a vibrant religion.

I know none. There simply aren't that many in what is now the US. There never were. That said, that their religious traditions have survived is a fact. not sure why that bothers you...

Whether you feel it's a "vibrant religion" or not is immaterial. hey, maybe they found something better.

Dr. Who
05-30-2013, 07:57 PM
I know none. There simply aren't that many in what is now the US. There never were. That said, that their religious traditions have survived is a fact. not sure why that bothers you...

Whether you feel it's a "vibrant religion" or not is immaterial. hey, maybe they found something better.They were assimilated by force. They were not permitted either their language or their culture (including religion). It is only now that many are trying to learn their old beliefs.

Mister D
05-30-2013, 08:23 PM
They were assimilated by force. They were not permitted either their language or their culture (including religion). It is only now that many are trying to learn their old beliefs.

They were often put on reservations. That's hardly attempted assimilation. Secondly, they can't learn what has ceased to exist. Remember. these are oral cultures.

I just don't understand the bias several of you have toward Christianity. In others, it's obvious.

Mr Happy
05-30-2013, 08:27 PM
I just don't understand the bias several of you have toward Christianity. In others, it's obvious.

Don't you mean against....

Mister D
05-30-2013, 08:35 PM
Don't you mean against....

Yes. I keep doing that.

Dr. Who
05-30-2013, 09:02 PM
They were often put on reservations. That's hardly attempted assimilation. Secondly, they can't learn what has ceased to exist. Remember. these are oral cultures.

I just don't understand the bias several of you have toward Christianity. In others, it's obvious.It has been a process over many years. You know I began as RC. Ultimately it has been the hypocrisy that I see and have seen that has put me off Christianity and organized faith as a whole. It is not the teachings. It is the way people pervert them to suit their own particular bias. Taking pieces of parables out of context etc. It actually came to a point some years ago whenever I would see the really large televised evangelical services my hair would literally stand on end - like I was witnessing Satan at work. The sheer number of poor Christians who are fleeced daily by these con artists is simply awful. At that point I divorced myself from organized faith. I apologize for my jaded point of view to any and all true believers.

Mister D
05-30-2013, 09:13 PM
It has been a process over many years. You know I began as RC. Ultimately it has been the hypocrisy that I see and have seen that has put me off Christianity and organized faith as a whole. It is not the teachings. It is the way people pervert them to suit their own particular bias. Taking pieces of parables out of context etc. It actually came to a point some years ago whenever I would see the really large televised evangelical services my hair would literally stand on end - like I was witnessing Satan at work. The sheer number of poor Christians who are fleeced daily by these con artists is simply awful. At that point I divorced myself from organized faith. I apologize for my jaded point of view to any and all true believers.

It's understandable and nothing to apologize for. All Christians should be cogizant about how certain ehaviors will impact the perceptions of non-Christians.

TheDictator
05-30-2013, 09:39 PM
It actually came to a point some years ago whenever I would see the really large televised evangelical services my hair would literally stand on end - like I was witnessing Satan at work. The sheer number of poor Christians who are fleeced daily by these con artists is simply awful. .

I agree with you on this, TV Religion is fake, TBN, 700 Club, Kenneth Copeland, and others are false teachers, it is all about money and greed with them. Just because there is false Christians does not make Christianity false.

Dr. Who
05-30-2013, 10:02 PM
I agree with you on this, TV Religion is fake, TBN, 700 Club, Kenneth Copeland, and others are false teachers, it is all about money and greed with them. Just because there is false Christians does not make Christianity false.I don't believe Christianity is false, it's tenets are sound and truly form the basis of my personal beliefs, but beyond the basic tenets there is much that I cannot take at face value.

Chris
05-30-2013, 10:22 PM
I agree with you on this, TV Religion is fake, TBN, 700 Club, Kenneth Copeland, and others are false teachers, it is all about money and greed with them. Just because there is false Christians does not make Christianity false.

Pastor Melissa Scott was pretty good, loved to watch her exegesis, it was interesting and informative.

roadmaster
05-30-2013, 10:34 PM
Curious, do Christians fight though in the Bible? Other than the good fight of faith?

There is a time for peace and a time for war. It looked from this thread that many expect us to cower down in face of people trying to kill us. Muslims and others think we are weak because we don't kill people who are not like us and to them it would be un-Christian like to fight back. They are wrong we will go to war if pushed because we are not going to be walked on.

Mr Happy
05-31-2013, 12:35 AM

Well, it is only real to those who believe in it. To the rest of us it's belongs with other myths and legends...

Micketto
05-31-2013, 07:21 AM

Abortion Drs are killed by murderers.
Christians don't consider those murderers "Christian".... only atheists do.

Who did OWS kill?

You would have to get the police records on the thousands and thousands who attended the OWS.... campouts ?
Why are you on some forum asking about the criminal history of thousands and thousands of people.

Beatyoudown bruh......

You're what.... 15 ?

Micketto
05-31-2013, 07:23 AM
You can't yell online.

Only 13 year old girls on messenger call that "yelling".

Chris
05-31-2013, 08:34 AM

There is a time for peace and a time for war. It looked from this thread that many expect us to cower down in face of people trying to kill us. Muslims and others think we are weak because we don't kill people who are not like us and to them it would be un-Christian like to fight back. They are wrong we will go to war if pushed because we are not going to be walked on.

Defending is OK, there are many ways. But I was looking for something more like: "Then Simon Peter having a sword drew it, and smote the high priest's servant, and cut off his right ear. The servant's name was Malchus. Then said Jesus unto Peter, Put up thy sword into the sheath: the cup which my Father hath given me, shall I not drink it?"

nic34
05-31-2013, 09:11 AM

...or the millions of mother's lives saved...

nic34
05-31-2013, 09:12 AM
Abortion Drs are killed by murderers.
Christians don't consider those murderers "Christian".... only atheists do.

hypocrite apologist.... you do your work well for an amatuer....

You would have to get the police records on the thousands and thousands who attended the OWS.... campouts ?
Why are you on some forum asking about the criminal history of thousands and thousands of people.

You're what.... 15 ?

hypocrite and an apologist.... you do your work well.... for an amateur...

TheDictator
05-31-2013, 09:18 AM

Ecclesiastes 3
1 (http://biblehub.com/ecclesiastes/3-1.htm)There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under the heavens:

2 (http://biblehub.com/ecclesiastes/3-2.htm)a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,
3 (http://biblehub.com/ecclesiastes/3-3.htm)a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,
4 (http://biblehub.com/ecclesiastes/3-4.htm)a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,
5 (http://biblehub.com/ecclesiastes/3-5.htm)a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
6 (http://biblehub.com/ecclesiastes/3-6.htm)a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,
7 (http://biblehub.com/ecclesiastes/3-7.htm)a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,
8 (http://biblehub.com/ecclesiastes/3-8.htm)a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace.

TheDictator
05-31-2013, 09:20 AM
Pastor Melissa Scott was pretty good, loved to watch her exegesis, it was interesting and informative.

I don't know her, but in my religion woman can't be pastors.

TheDictator
05-31-2013, 09:22 AM
Well, it is only real to those who believe in it. To the rest of us it's belongs with other myths and legends...

You remember that on Judgement day.

Chris
05-31-2013, 09:24 AM
Ecclesiastes 3
1 (http://biblehub.com/ecclesiastes/3-1.htm)There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under the heavens:

2 (http://biblehub.com/ecclesiastes/3-2.htm)a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,
3 (http://biblehub.com/ecclesiastes/3-3.htm)a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,
4 (http://biblehub.com/ecclesiastes/3-4.htm)a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,
5 (http://biblehub.com/ecclesiastes/3-5.htm)a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
6 (http://biblehub.com/ecclesiastes/3-6.htm)a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,
7 (http://biblehub.com/ecclesiastes/3-7.htm)a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,
8 (http://biblehub.com/ecclesiastes/3-8.htm)a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace.

Right, OT, I was asking about the NT, where the followers of Christ fight.

TheDictator
05-31-2013, 09:33 AM
Defending is OK, there are many ways. But I was looking for something more like: "Then Simon Peter having a sword drew it, and smote the high priest's servant, and cut off his right ear. The servant's name was Malchus. Then said Jesus unto Peter, Put up thy sword into the sheath: the cup which my Father hath given me, shall I not drink it?"

It was Jesus' plan to die on a cross, so he did not want anyone fighting back for him because of his plan.

TheDictator
05-31-2013, 09:37 AM
Right, OT, I was asking about the NT, where the followers of Christ fight.

The New Testament does not say anything about self-defense.

Venus
05-31-2013, 10:04 AM
...and here in lays the a good reason all religion is evil. They all think that they are right.

so a ciristians primary duty is not to beleive in god. :thup: .... but to hump away. Sex the one and only god...a truly religious experience.

Believing in something is evil?

Do you only apply your logic to religion or is sex (by your own admission) evil as well?

Venus
05-31-2013, 10:14 AM
Matthew 28:

No I don't believe it's my primary duty to "make" other Christians.

If someone would like to hear my salvation I'm more than happy to share my story however I can't make anyone accept Jesus Christ, I can only show them the way.

TheDictator
05-31-2013, 10:35 AM
No I don't believe it's my primary duty to "make" other Christians.

If someone would like to hear my salvation I'm more than happy to share my story however I can't make anyone accept Jesus Christ, I can only show them the way.

No one said anything about forcing anyone to believe. The only reason Jesus Christ came to Earth and died on a cross was to save the lost. It is the primary duty of every Christian to teach the message of salvation to the lost of this world. If you do not think so then you can explain that to Jesus on Judgement day.

Venus
05-31-2013, 11:01 AM
No one said anything about forcing anyone to believe. The only reason Jesus Christ came to Earth and died on a cross was to save the lost. It is the primary duty of every Christian to teach the message of salvation to the lost of this world. If you do not think so then you can explain that to Jesus on Judgement day.

I won't be shaking in my boots wondering if I'm going to heaven or hell come judgement day.

Yes he expects me to serve him, however he doesn't expect me to be the next Billy Graham, or go to the foreign mission field, believers fill all areas of service. Prayer, community service, donations, preaching, teaching...

Micketto
05-31-2013, 12:13 PM
hypocrite and an apologist.... you do your work well.... for an amateur...

Nicwit.... who did I apologize for ?

Then when you're done making that up... poll/background check a large number of Christians, and then the same large number of non-Christians.
Tell us who has murdered the most.

And not the Obama-style Christian that just claims to be, to make people happy.

TheDictator
05-31-2013, 12:21 PM
I won't be shaking in my boots wondering if I'm going to heaven or hell come judgement day.

Yes he expects me to serve him, however he doesn't expect me to be the next Billy Graham, or go to the foreign mission field, believers fill all areas of service. Prayer, community service, donations, preaching, teaching...

Again no one is saying that you have to do foreign missions. There are lot of lost people where you live. We have way to many selfish Christians in the Church today. "I'm saved who gives a crap if others are not." As far judgement, not all judgement is a matter of salvation.

1 Corinthians 3

By the grace God has given me, I laid a foundation as a wise builder, and someone else is building on it. But each one should build with care. 11 (http://biblehub.com/1_corinthians/3-11.htm)For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ. 12 (http://biblehub.com/1_corinthians/3-12.htm)If anyone builds on this foundation using gold, silver, costly stones, wood, hay or straw, 13 (http://biblehub.com/1_corinthians/3-13.htm)their work will be shown for what it is, because the Day will bring it to light. It will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test the quality of each person’s work. 14 (http://biblehub.com/1_corinthians/3-14.htm)If what has been built survives, the builder will receive a reward. 15 (http://biblehub.com/1_corinthians/3-15.htm)If it is burned up, the builder will suffer loss but yet will be saved—even though only as one escaping through the flames.

Christians have a lot of dutes to God but we have only one primary duty and that is teach the lost about salvation in Christ.

TheDictator
05-31-2013, 12:26 PM
Nicwit.... who did I apologize for ?

An apologist is someone who makes a statement or argument for his beliefs.

Micketto
05-31-2013, 12:32 PM
An apologist is someone who makes a statement or argument for his beliefs.

Evidently.

TheDictator
05-31-2013, 12:36 PM
Evidently.

If the Democrat Party had it's way all but liberal apologist would be in prison.

junie
05-31-2013, 01:19 PM
Matthew 28:

wasn't jesus just addressing his twelve disciples and asking them to spread his discipline which he had just described in the sermon on the mount?

Matthew 5-7

New International Version (NIV)

Introduction to the Sermon on the Mount

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+5-7&version=NIV

Prayer

5 “And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. 7 And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. 8 Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.

9 “This, then, is how you should pray:

“‘Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,
10 your kingdom come,
your will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.
11 Give us today our daily bread.
12 And forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors.
13 And lead us not into temptation,[j (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+5-7&version=NIV#fen-NIV-23296j)]
but deliver us from the evil one.[k (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+5-7&version=NIV#fen-NIV-23296k)]’

roadmaster
06-01-2013, 10:43 PM
Jesus said more than that. "From the beginning of the creation God made them male and female. For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and cleave to his wife; and the two shall be one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let not man put asunder" (Matt. 19:4-6). God's plan is holy heterosexuality, and Jesus spelled it out.

Mr Happy
06-02-2013, 06:46 AM
You remember that on Judgement day.

I'll be fine....

Mr Happy
06-02-2013, 06:47 AM
The New Testament does not say anything about self-defense.

The New Testament is full of contradictions....

Mr Happy
06-02-2013, 06:48 AM

So now you're speaking for a god???

Chris
06-02-2013, 08:50 AM
Jesus said more than that. "From the beginning of the creation God made them male and female. For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and cleave to his wife; and the two shall be one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let not man put asunder" (Matt. 19:4-6). God's plan is holy heterosexuality, and Jesus spelled it out.

The topic there is not homosexuality but divorce:

19 And it came to pass, that when Jesus had finished these sayings, he departed from Galilee, and came into the coasts of Judaea beyond Jordan;

2 And great multitudes followed him; and he healed them there.

3 The Pharisees also came unto him, tempting him, and saying unto him, Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife for every cause?

4 And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female,

5 And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?

6 Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.

7 They say unto him, Why did Moses then command to give a writing of divorcement, and to put her away?

8 He saith unto them, Moses because of the hardness of your hearts suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it was not so.

9 And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery.

10 His disciples say unto him, If the case of the man be so with his wife, it is not good to marry.

11 But he said unto them, All men cannot receive this saying, save they to whom it is given.

12 For there are some eunuchs, which were so born from their mother's womb: and there are some eunuchs, which were made eunuchs of men: and there be eunuchs, which have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He that is able to receive it, let him receive it.

TheDictator
06-02-2013, 04:45 PM
So now you're speaking for a god???

Yes, Christians are called to speak for God, just like the prophets did in the Old Testament.

Peter1469
06-02-2013, 04:48 PM
Yes, Christians are called to do just like they did in the Old TestamentChristians weren't around in the Old Testament.....

TheDictator
06-02-2013, 04:53 PM
The New Testament is full of contradictions....

That is just your anti-religious opinion.

TheDictator
06-02-2013, 05:03 PM

Romans 1:26-27, Leviticus 20:13

Mr Happy
06-02-2013, 06:15 PM

If you don't even know that Jesus was Jewish, then it is pointless having this conversation with one so ignorant...

Chris
06-02-2013, 06:23 PM

19 And it came to pass, that when Jesus had finished these sayings, he departed from Galilee, and came into the coasts of Judaea beyond Jordan;

3 The Pharisees also came unto him, tempting him, and saying unto him, Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife for every cause?

4 And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female,

5 And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?

6 Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.

7 They say unto him, Why did Moses then command to give a writing of divorcement, and to put her away?

8 He saith unto them, Moses because of the hardness of your hearts suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it was not so.

9 And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery.

10 His disciples say unto him, If the case of the man be so with his wife, it is not good to marry.

11 But he said unto them, All men cannot receive this saying, save they to whom it is given.

12 For there are some eunuchs, which were so born from their mother's womb: and there are some eunuchs, which were made eunuchs of men: and there be eunuchs, which have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He that is able to receive it, let him receive it.

Romans 1:26-27, Leviticus 20:13

So you agree on Matt. 19:4-6. It was about divorce.

Romans 1:26-27 says nothing about homosexuality either.

Leviticus 20:13 is about temple ritual.

Mr Happy
06-02-2013, 06:29 PM

I can prove it....

Chris
06-02-2013, 06:35 PM

I can prove it....

That it's just your anti-religious opinion?

jillian
06-02-2013, 06:57 PM

What is "opinion" or anti-religious about pointing out that Jesus was a Jew.

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to your own facts.

Chris
06-02-2013, 07:08 PM

I was kidding around. Some of you say so little in a post you leave your selves open to all sorts of ambiguity, I was just addressing one, the obvious one considering DIctator and Happy's little exchange.

Chloe
06-02-2013, 07:08 PM

I have a question that I have always wondered about. What about the millions upon millions of people before Jesus? Are they all in hell? What about Mary's parents, are they in hell since they never met their grandchild? Is it their fault they were born before he decided to come to Earth?

Chloe
06-02-2013, 07:20 PM
Also why does Christianity have to be all about convincing others why they are wrong, the afterlife, and eternal damnation? There is absolutely no way of knowing what happens after we die until we actually die and go into the ground, and even then we still may not actually "know".

I'm pretty sure that God wants all of us to live the best lives that we can live and appreciate all that he/she/it has created for all of us while we are on this planet. Everything after our life on Earth ends is up to God in my opinion, not us, and there's nothing we can do about it besides simply living as good, moral people who care about each other and our loved ones as he intended us to do. Anyway that's just my opinion, I could be wrong, but obviously so could you. We will settle it when we die. :wink:

jillian
06-02-2013, 07:38 PM
Also why does Christianity have to be all about convincing others why they are wrong, the afterlife, and eternal damnation? There is absolutely no way of knowing what happens after we die until we actually die and go into the ground, and even then we still may not actually "know".

I'm pretty sure that God wants all of us to live the best lives that we can live and appreciate all that he/she/it has created for all of us while we are on this planet. Everything after our life on Earth ends is up to God in my opinion, not us, and there's nothing we can do about it besides simply living as good, moral people who care about each other and our loved ones as he intended us to do. Anyway that's just my opinion, I could be wrong, but obviously so could you. We will settle it when we die. :wink:

it should also be noted that there was never really any particular image of what "hell" is. the concept does not even exist in judaism. it was only after dante wrote The Inferno that anyone started thinking about hell as a fire and brimstone type of torture palace.

jillian
06-02-2013, 07:39 PM
Yes, Christians are called to speak for God, just like the prophets did in the Old Testament.

you don't believe you're prophets, do you?

Mr Happy
06-02-2013, 07:39 PM

No.

TheDictator
06-02-2013, 08:26 PM
If you don't even know that Jesus was Jewish, then it is pointless having this conversation with one so ignorant...

Show me where I said that Jesus Christ was not Jewish? I never said he was not. You and the other liberals just make stuff up like you always do. I have believed that he was Jewish from the time I was a small child.

Chris
06-02-2013, 08:28 PM
No.

Then what?

TheDictator
06-02-2013, 08:29 PM
I can prove it....

You can prove nothing.

TheDictator
06-02-2013, 08:34 PM

The Fact is, I'm not saying he is not a Jew. He is. I never said he was not. You Liberals are so full of hate for Christians that you have to make stuff up.

roadmaster
06-02-2013, 08:42 PM

His design was still man and woman.

TheDictator
06-02-2013, 08:43 PM
I have a question that I have always wondered about. What about the millions upon millions of people before Jesus? Are they all in hell? What about Mary's parents, are they in hell since they never met their grandchild? Is it their fault they were born before he decided to come to Earth?

No, they are under a deferent covenant.

Chris
06-02-2013, 08:43 PM
When it's said Jesus was a Jew what is meant by Jew, ethnicity or religion?

Chris
06-02-2013, 08:44 PM
His design was still man and woman.

Understand you believe that, but that's not in the text.

roadmaster
06-02-2013, 08:44 PM
Show me where I said that Jesus Christ was not Jewish? I never said he was not. You and the other liberals just make stuff up like you always do. I have believed that he was Jewish from the time I was a small child. Jesus did not agree with the Jewish laws that were like fences built around the inspired laws of God, but which were not, in themselves, laws of God. Those laws don't appear in the Bible though. The commandments against practicing homosexuality, however, were not Jewish laws, but God's laws.

roadmaster
06-02-2013, 08:48 PM
Understand you believe that, but that's not in the text.
Gay marriage can never be blessed by God because marriage means far more than simply living together, even having sex together.

jillian
06-02-2013, 08:48 PM
Jesus did not agree with the Jewish laws that were like fences built around the inspired laws of God, but which were not, in themselves, laws of God. Those laws don't appear in the Bible though. The commandments against practicing homosexuality, however, were not Jewish laws, but God's laws.

that is absolutely false.

Chris
06-02-2013, 08:50 PM
Gay marriage can never be blessed by God because marriage means far more than simply living together, even having sex together.

God never said anything about it.

TheDictator
06-02-2013, 08:54 PM

Sorry, but your statement goes against what God has said in Both Testaments. We are the one who decide what are after life will be, by the accepting or Rejecting Jesus Christ.

Chris
06-02-2013, 08:58 PM
Sorry, but your statement goes against what God has said in Both Testaments. We are the one who decide what are after life will be, by the accepting or Rejecting Jesus Christ.

According, again, to your belief what God said. It's all belief.

roadmaster
06-02-2013, 09:06 PM
that is absolutely false.

You don't even understand civil laws and Gods laws. Talking about stoning. You don't understand the Bible.

Mr Happy
06-02-2013, 09:25 PM
You don't understand the Bible.

Most people don't.