PDA

View Full Version : God Bless America

Cigar
05-31-2013, 01:03 PM
http://d12tusb9bq3y6m.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/historia_w_obrazkach12-590x391.jpg
http://d12tusb9bq3y6m.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/historia_w_obrazkach20-590x354.jpg

My My ... how thinks change ... and how they don't :)

Micketto
05-31-2013, 01:11 PM
Do you have any photos from the last 4 or 5 decades ?

Those threads may be a little more interesting.

Your victimized use of the race card gets old.

TheDictator
05-31-2013, 01:40 PM
"God" you must be becoming more Republican cigar.

Cigar
05-31-2013, 01:54 PM
http://x87.xanga.com/1a6e112651c35274476817/z218253046.jpg

simpsonofpg
05-31-2013, 04:09 PM
Really good you are not as far left as you would like us to believe. Keep up the good work.

Agravan
05-31-2013, 06:33 PM
"God" you must be becoming more Republican cigar.
You misunderstand, Dictator. By "GOD", he means "Obama".

patrickt
05-31-2013, 06:57 PM
The thread title alone is enough to get Cigar on the "to-be-audited" enemies list out of the White House.

simpsonofpg
06-01-2013, 11:14 AM
The thread title alone is enough to get Cigar on the "to-be-audited" enemies list out of the White House.
An empty suit is always empty.

oceanloverOH
06-01-2013, 12:13 PM
Scenes like this are much more prevalent nowadays....and yes, God bless America!

patrickt
06-01-2013, 06:52 PM
The last time I went to a party in the U.S. it was at a friends house in Salt Lake City, Utah. Some of the people were white, some were African-American, some were gay, some were straight, some were very young, some were U.S. citizens and some weren't but they all had one thing in common. They all worked, paid taxes, and supported themselves.

zelmo1234
06-01-2013, 07:04 PM
Why would God Bless America, he is not allowed in many places in this country!

God did not leave America behind, we kicked him out!

sedan
06-01-2013, 07:30 PM
http://www.poynter.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/kkktoddrobertsonphoto.jpg

Micketto
06-03-2013, 07:03 AM
Scenes like this are much more prevalent nowadays....and yes, God bless America!

Someone needs more furniture.... or a bigger couch.

Cigar
06-03-2013, 07:07 AM
Someone needs more furniture.... or a bigger couch.

Don't worry, the American Couch "is" getting Bigger ... you can take that to the bank. :wink:

Micketto
06-03-2013, 08:19 AM
Don't worry, the American Couch "is" getting Bigger ... you can take that to the bank. :wink:

That makes no sense whatsoever... and why no race card ?

Cigar
06-03-2013, 09:07 AM
That makes no sense whatsoever... and why no race card ?

Fail:

Couch is not equal to Race ... nice try, but you fail.

jillian
06-03-2013, 09:09 AM
Why would God Bless America, he is not allowed in many places in this country!

God did not leave America behind, we kicked him out!

really? are you not allowed to practice your religion as you see fit?

the answer is, of course you are.

you just don't live in a theocracy....

Thank G-d.

feel free to go live in one if our first amendment offends you.

Agravan
06-03-2013, 09:25 AM
really? are you not allowed to practice your religion as you see fit?

the answer is, of course you are.

Try to say a prayer at your high school football game, graduation, or any other function as a student, or even as a teacher. even if you aren't leading the prayer or forcing other students to say prayers, you are not allowed due to the ,non-existent "separation of church and state".

Thank G-d. yet 85% of Americans are Christians or believe in God in some form. Are we supposed to deny He exists because it may offend the 15% who don't believe?

feel free to go live in one if our first amendment offends you.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.[1] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution# cite_note-1)

Where in there does it say anything about Government being unable to mention or acknowledge God? It just says the Government can't establish a Church, not that it can't acknowledge religion. It also says that the free exercise of religion can not be prohibited, which it is in government offices, schools, etc. No-one wants to live in a theocracy, but acknowledging God or religion does not make us a theocracy.

jillian
06-03-2013, 09:30 AM
Try to say a prayer at your high school football game, graduation, or any other function as a student, or even as a teacher. even if you aren't leading the prayer or forcing other students to say prayers, you are not allowed due to the ,non-existent "separation of church and state".

yet 85% of Americans are Christians or believe in God in some form. Are we supposed to deny He exists because it may offend the 15% who don't believe?

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.[1] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution# cite_note-1)

Where in there does it say anything about Government being unable to mention or acknowledge God? It just says the Government can't establish a Church, not that it can't acknowledge religion. It also says that the free exercise of religion can not be prohibited, which it is in government offices, schools, etc. No-one wants to live in a theocracy, but acknowledging God or religion does not make us a theocracy.

your high school is paid for with state funds.

so why should they say YOUR prayer and not mine... or not a muslim's prayer.

if you can't go without praying for seven hours a day, you should probably be in parochial school

and you don't want them to "mention" G-d, you want them to pray to your particular diety of choice.

Micketto
06-03-2013, 09:33 AM
Fail:

Couch is not equal to Race

Who the fk said it was ?!
Your couch comment made no sense, period.

So then I asked why no race card in your comment, as so often exists.

... nice try, but you fail.

The irony.....
Have your 9 yr old gf read for you.

Agravan
06-03-2013, 09:41 AM
your high school is paid for with state funds.

so why should they say YOUR prayer and not mine... or not a muslim's prayer. And where do those funds come from? Only the non-believers? No one is asking the school to lead the prayers, but if a kid want to give thanks to God for helping him get to where he is at graduation, who gives the school the right to censor him? If athletes want to pray before a game, who gives the school the right to say that they can't acknowledge God?
There is no such thing as "separation of church and State"

if you can't go without praying for seven hours a day, you should probably be in parochial school
I can pray any damned time I want to, whether in school, in Church or in my state office. the government does not have the right to prohibit me, as stated in the First Amendment.

and you don't want them to "mention" G-d, you want them to pray to your particular diety of choice.
Are you afraid to spell out GOD? are you that afraid to even acknowledge Him by spelling His name? You, of course, make the typical liberal assumption that the only religion we want acknowledged is Christianity. you could not be further from the truth. I don't have a problem with any religion being mentioned. But you go right on believing your liberal myths if that somehow makes you feel superior to everyone else. We all know how you people need to feel you're better and smarter than everyone else, even when that's not reality.

Mister D
06-03-2013, 10:49 AM

Thank G-d.

What does he think this is? Israel? :wink:

patrickt
06-03-2013, 02:53 PM
"God Bless America". With that thread title, Cigar, you won't be on President Obama's Christmas card list or that of his mentor, Rev. Jeremiah Wright.

Micketto
06-03-2013, 04:07 PM
so why should they say YOUR prayer and not mine... or not a muslim's prayer.

Oh... they're covered.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/01/31/16791998-maryland-school-allows-muslim-students-to-leave-class-to-pray

http://eagnews.org/cair-demands-school-accommodate-muslim-prayers-attacks-voluntary-bible-lesson/

So what is it... 5 prayers a day the Muslims require? How much school time should they be allowed to miss ?

I know you have no problem with this gem, but Christians aren't even allowed voluntary Bible study, off-campus.