PDA

View Full Version : Rubio is slammed over Immigration support

JimH52
05-31-2013, 02:01 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/15/jd-hayworth-marco-rubio_n_2885081.html

He is walking a very fine line. If he appears too supportive of the Bill, he will lose the far right. If he pulls back his support, he will lose the Latino advantage. Kind of reminds you of the GOP dilemma, huh?:rollseyes:

nic34
05-31-2013, 02:02 PM
Can't wait for the 2016 repub clown show....

JimH52
05-31-2013, 02:08 PM
Karl Rove is lining up his donors to keep the Tea Baggers from making gains, but I see them becoming a larger part of the GOP. The Loons will keep on coming.

Chris
05-31-2013, 02:10 PM
Karl Rove is lining up his donors to keep the Tea Baggers from making gains, but I see them becoming a larger part of the GOP. The Loons will keep on coming.

http://snag.gy/GYE8M.jpg

JimH52
05-31-2013, 02:16 PM
http://www.politico.com/story/2013/04/karl-rove-koch-brothers-control-republican-data-90385.html

This seems like a very uneasy and complicated association of often different ideologies. With all the millions they will throw at voters and with all the fabrications they will create, they still cannot change demographics.

GrassrootsConservative
05-31-2013, 02:56 PM
"Immigration support"... is that what you nuts are calling it? Nobody is against immigration, @JimH52 (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=753) and @nic34 (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=572).

What people are against is parasites from Mexico interested in coming over here illegally (thus trampling on and violating my rights, your rights, and the rights of all our countrymen) and not being interested in working honestly, would work for less than minimum wage, and may or may not kill people without proper justice.

Stop calling it "immigration support" and start calling it "anti-American support" because we definitely don't have a problem with immigrants who want to play it by the book and do everything correctly. What we do have a problem with is people who want to ruin this country by disregarding the few rules we have so that the idea of "freedom" is ruined for everyone. The first group is the type of people we need in this country, not the second...

But I'm sure the leftwing morons in this thread would viciously disagree.

Mainecoons
05-31-2013, 03:26 PM
Jim and Nic want to continue to import surplus unskilled labor to complete with U.S. citizens and make the underclass even poorer.

Jim and Nic are good Democrats and liberals. So it is more important to import the next cadre of knee jerk Democrat voters and career welfare inhabitants than it is to help the AMERICANS at the bottom of the heap have a job and get paid a living wage. This is called "rule at any cost" and the cost, just as it is now with the Obama administration, is being borne largely by working people while Obama is getting personally wealthy and all his rich cronies are too.

Jim and Nic are so clueless about wlhat this implies for actually having the money to support their new expanded welfare class that they actually think that Obama and his successors can just continue to print money to pay those welfare checks and everything will be hunky dorey and life in the new, Democrat run one party state will be a paradise.

What's wrong with this picture?

Or maybe these two are the result of what happened when they emptied out the mental hospitals? :grin:

JimH52
05-31-2013, 04:12 PM
:laughing4::laughing4: You are one crazy dude! Why would we want to support illegals coming into the country? We have a BIG problem with millions of people living in the shadows. The Country cannot ignore it any longer. I am sure the GOP would like for it all the just go away, but it wont. This is supposed to be a bipartisan bill supported by one of the GOP hopefuls, who happens to be Latino. If the GOP cannot pass this on to the President, the GOP is going to suffer mightily in 2014.

If they do support it, then their eventual demise will be more gradual and perhaps less painful. Chose your medicine...:f_sorry:

Chris
05-31-2013, 04:31 PM
:laughing4::laughing4: You are one crazy dude! Why would we want to support illegals coming into the country? We have a BIG problem with millions of people living in the shadows. The Country cannot ignore it any longer. I am sure the GOP would like for it all the just go away, but it wont. This is supposed to be a bipartisan bill supported by one of the GOP hopefuls, who happens to be Latino. If the GOP cannot pass this on to the President, the GOP is going to suffer mightily in 2014.

If they do support it, then their eventual demise will be more gradual and perhaps less painful. Chose your medicine...:f_sorry:

Nothing to say about immigration, just mixed up partisan politics?

GrassrootsConservative
05-31-2013, 04:40 PM
Nothing to say about immigration, just mixed up partisan politics?

I could have told you that, Chris. Read post #3, not a damn bit of it relates to the OP, the topic, or Nic's response to the OP.

It's really sad when a person's obsession with being a partisan hack leads to off-topic posts about Karl Rove, the GOP, and some loons in their own thread about anti-American illegal-immigration support.

JimH52
05-31-2013, 05:07 PM
Reality sometimes bites

simpsonofpg
05-31-2013, 05:14 PM

these Illegals are not living in the shadows we know who they are and are not doing a damn thing about it. We include them in the welfare state. You are right if the GOP can't get its act together and come up with a single solid plan we are in real trouble.

Common
05-31-2013, 05:36 PM
Youre all missing the real equasion between rubio and immigration. Rubio is cuban there are alot of cubans waiting to get into this country. Im sure theres many here illegally as well. That is his main focus for immigration his own kind.
He got himself into this all by himself and now its a wait see how it turns out. Rubios predecessor in the senate Mel Martinez R and a cuban american was all out all for immigration reform as well when he was RNC chairman and McCain has his first gang of 8 on amnesty. He became unpopular in fla because of it and decided to retire from the senate and not run opening the door for rubio. I voted for Rubio but I wont the next time, Im personally tired of hearing the same immigration story about his parents, that some say is a bs story in the first place.

Mainecoons
05-31-2013, 05:56 PM
Uh, Jim, genius, LEGALS are even worse when it come to competing for too few jobs. Just who do you think are going to be put out of work by them?

Perhaps in your infinite denial you missed all the stories about black leaders pointing out how harmful this bill would be for AMERICANS and blacks?

What needs to happen here is that BOTH legal and illegal immigration of unskilled workers be stopped for at least a decade so that labor markets can tighten up and that will force wages up at the bottom. But of course, the Democrats couldn't create their new class of lockstep voters, which is what this is all about.

Chris
05-31-2013, 06:57 PM
Reality sometimes bites

That's deep.

Still, nothing on immigration.

JimH52
05-31-2013, 07:58 PM
Uh, Jim, genius, LEGALS are even worse when it come to competing for too few jobs. Just who do you think are going to be put out of work by them?

Perhaps in your infinite denial you missed all the stories about black leaders pointing out how harmful this bill would be for AMERICANS and blacks?

What needs to happen here is that BOTH legal and illegal immigration of unskilled workers be stopped for at least a decade so that labor markets can tighten up and that will force wages up at the bottom. But of course, the Democrats couldn't create their new class of lockstep voters, which is what this is all about.

So you are advocating Status Quo? Just let the system continue as is and allow the illegals and the children that have now been born here as citizens to continue to hide in the shadows. That works for you, does it?

Mainecoons
05-31-2013, 08:24 PM
Nope, they can go home any time they want. Clearly, though, what "works" for you is putting Americans out of work so you can have your open borders and new welfare class.

JimH52
06-01-2013, 11:48 AM
Nope, they can go home any time they want. Clearly, though, what "works" for you is putting Americans out of work so you can have your open borders and new welfare class.

So you think they are going to "go home any time they want." It is dogmatic views such as this that have turned the GOP into a sideshow. Thanks for your transparency.

Chris
06-01-2013, 12:00 PM
So you think they are going to "go home any time they want." It is dogmatic views such as this that have turned the GOP into a sideshow. Thanks for your transparency.

Maine's not Republican, jim. Do you ever hit the broad side of the barn?

Mainecoons
06-01-2013, 01:05 PM
I think the government's first responsibility should be to native born citizens. It should not be doing things that are making it hard, if not posssible at all, for millions to not be able to earn a living wage because that government is flooding the unskilled labor pool with immigrants.

Were I to reform immigration, this is how I'd do it:

1. 10 year moratorium on legal immigration of all but the college educated.
2. End the "border baby" game. If you aren't a citizen, your kid isn't a citizen no matter where born.
3. Really make it expensive for employers caught employing non-citizens who do not have valid work permits.
4. Do whatever is necessary along the southern border to stop the flow of people, weapons and drugs.
5. Having done 1-4, do an amnesty that grants work permits to former illegals so that they can work and live legally.

The U.S. takes more immigrants than all the rest of the world put together. It is taking too many at this point and needs to call a halt until and unless the economy can expand sufficiently so that immigrants are not harming native born U.S. citizens by creating a labor glut.

Grow up, Jim, and stop ranting like a partisan fool on this board. It just makes you, and the several others who join you in this, look uniformed and unintelligent.

nic34
06-03-2013, 09:11 AM

But you all still carry their water most of the time....

nic34
06-03-2013, 09:12 AM
Immigrants find legal paths to U.S. long, difficult

Pilco's saga underlines a major reason many newcomers to the United States find it difficult to go through the legal process of immigration. Few visa categories, high expenses and processing times that can stretch decades put several obstacles along the legal road to immigration.
Immigrants traditionally take two paths to reaching this country: Family ties or employment opportunities.

The federal government caps family-based immigration visas at 226,000 a year, and work-based immigration visas at 140,000.

Take a man from the Philippines with brother who holds U.S. citizenship. If he wants to immigrate but has no advanced degrees or special skills, the man could have his brother file a petition for an F4 visa, capped at 65,000 a year. The family will have to wait for a number to be assigned to the case before the visa application can be processed.

That wait is currently 23 years. According to the monthly Visa Bulletin published by the U.S. State Department, F4 visa applications filed in the Philippines before Aug. 22, 1988, are now being processed. If the family is from Mexico, the wait time is 15 years; wait times in China and India are now at 11 years.

"You can wait six years, 15 years or 20 years to come on a family visa," said President Tamar Jacoby of ImmigrationWorks USA, a coalition of pro-immigration business groups. "For a young, able-bodied man to look for work, he'd apply when he's 18 and come when he's 40."

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/nation/story/2011-10-24/legal-immigration-usa/50895150/1

Is there any wonder our antiquated laws get broken....?

simpsonofpg
06-03-2013, 07:30 PM
He is chasing a lot cause. We don't need the illegals and most of us know it. I really don't understand why this is such an issue. They have broken the law and have gotten away with it. When I break the law I go to jail. Why is that.

Mister D
06-03-2013, 07:32 PM
He is chasing a lot cause. We don't need the illegals and most of us know it. I really don't understand why this is such an issue. They have broken the law and have gotten away with it. When I break the law I go to jail. Why is that.

nic believes that tens of millions of grade school dropouts are just what a 21st Century state needs.

JimH52
06-03-2013, 09:24 PM

Typical...don't ever admit that you are aligned with one party or the other. So that when they lose big, it doesn't hurt so bad and one can claim non-allegiance. Yup, seen that many times Understandable...

Mainecoons
06-04-2013, 07:40 AM
Typical, make shit up and hurl a bunch of personal accusations because you get your ass kicked here practically every time you post.

I'm a libertarian, you idiot.