PDA

View Full Version : Cookout on Saturday

oceanloverOH
06-04-2013, 01:37 PM
My Dad will be here visiting at the end of this week; and BIL and SIL are coming up from KY for a cookout. Mr. Ocean is making his famous BBQ chicken on the outdoor grill, and I am making a big potato salad the night before. I make my potato salad the same way hubby's and BIL's mom did, and my mom did. BIL hasn't had it in 10 years and is already starting to drool.

For dessert, I am making Easy Banana Split Cheesecake. Never made it before, but sounds like nothing could be simpler. I bought a tub of pre-made Philadelphia Cheesecake Filling, to which I will mix in mashed ripe bananas. Then spread that into a pre-made graham cracker crust and chill for a couple of hours. Top with sliced fresh banana (tossed with lemon juice so it doesn't turn brown), sliced fresh strawberries, and pineapple tidbits. Sprinkle with chopped pecans and add a drizzle of dark chocolate sauce. Voila! Fancy-looking, yummy dessert (that I can't eat, dammit........)

Peter1469
06-04-2013, 01:51 PM
Sounds good!

Mister D
06-04-2013, 01:54 PM
:cool2: Does sound like it's going to be a tasty time.

Agravan
06-04-2013, 02:13 PM
My Dad will be here visiting at the end of this week; and BIL and SIL are coming up from KY for a cookout. Mr. Ocean is making his famous BBQ chicken on the outdoor grill, and I am making a big potato salad the night before. I make my potato salad the same way hubby's and BIL's mom did, and my mom did. BIL hasn't had it in 10 years and is already starting to drool.

For dessert, I am making Easy Banana Split Cheesecake. Never made it before, but sounds like nothing could be simpler. I bought a tub of pre-made Philadelphia Cheesecake Filling, to which I will mix in mashed ripe bananas. Then spread that into a pre-made graham cracker crust and chill for a couple of hours. Top with sliced fresh banana (tossed with lemon juice so it doesn't turn brown), sliced fresh strawberries, and pineapple tidbits. Sprinkle with chopped pecans and add a drizzle of dark chocolate sauce. Voila! Fancy-looking, yummy dessert (that I can't eat, dammit........)

E-mail me a plate, that sounds delicious :)

Captain Obvious
06-04-2013, 05:29 PM
Nice!