PDA

View Full Version : Newt Gingrich on The Issues.....

MMC
12-09-2011, 11:59 PM
http://politicks.org/PRESIDENTIAL-CANDIDATES/images/candidates/2012/Newt-Gingrich.gif

Gingrich on Abortion (http://2012.republican-candidates.org/Gingrich/Abortion.php)

Pro-Life
Yes
"I think that abortion should not be legal, and I think that how you would implement that I'm not sure."
The American View, 2005

Federal ban on abortions
Adoption
Supports
And in that sense that we want to move the society as rapidly as we can that people should select adoption rather than abortion and that choosing abortion is not acceptable."
The American View, 2005

Parental notification
Supportive
“He backs parental notification before minors can have abortions”
New Hampshire Sunday News, May 15, 2011

Planned Parenthood
Against
“I think that Planned Parenthood should be defunded, and I think it's a very significant issue to say to people, 'Should your tax money go to pay the leading abortion provider in America?’”
Gingrich’s press release, 23 May 2011

Embryonic stem cell (http://thepoliticalforums.com/#) research
Against
Gingrich, his capacity as the Senior Fellow of the American Enterprise Institute, together with Rick Tyler, wrote a critical piece on President Obama’s decision to “unilaterally lifted embryonic-stem-cell research restrictions” - NewsMax, 15 March 2009

Gingrich on Afghanistan (http://2012.republican-candidates.org/Gingrich/Afghanistan.php)

The Objectives
The smartest man in Washington (in the absence of ol’ nemesis Bill Clinton) refused to comment on President Obama’s troops withdrawal plans.

“I refuse to comment directly on the Afghanistan decision because I think if you don’t put it in context, it makes zero sense,”
23 June 2011, Politico

However, he commented on the subject the next day

“There is a radical Islamist war against America and our allies. It would be helpful if President Obama had found time in his speech tonight to explain to the American people how we are going to win this war. Giving a speech in isolation about our military operations in Afghanistan without explaining how it connects with a larger strategy for winning the war against radical Islamists does not help Americans understand what it will take to provide for the security of the American people.”
23 June 20121, Facebook post

And a week later
“None of the generals recommended the speed of the drawdown that the president wants”

29 June 2011, On The Record, FoxNews

Pakistan

Gingrich took Pakistan to task for retaliating against informants who led the US forces to Obama Bin Laden’s hideout in Abbottabad. Speaking at Republican Party fundraiser in Baltimore on June 24, 2011, Gingrich said, "We should have taken extraordinary actions against Pakistanis -- within 24 hours. We should have said if you don't release those people you can assume we have no relationship and we'll chat with you from India."

“The situation in Pakistan is extremely troubling. After $20 billion in aid since 9/11 we discovered that bin Laden was not hiding in a cave in Waziristan, but in a large compound in a military city within one mile of the Pakistani national defense university. Instead of looking for those who had been protecting bin Laden, Pakistan's response has been to arrest those who helped America discover bin Laden. This should be considered a crisis in our relationship with Pakistan with profound implications for our operations in Afghanistan.”
23 June 20121, Facebook post.....snip~

MMC
12-10-2011, 12:00 AM
Gingrich on the Budget (http://2012.republican-candidates.org/Gingrich/Budget.php)

• Gingrich thinks the United States must quit spending beyond its means.

• He believes that the budget must be balanced.

• Gingrich believes that Congress must stop spending on discretionary items such as entitlement programs.

• He said the country could cut costs in half and reduce the deficit by drastically downsizing the government.

Gingrich on Business & Labor (http://2012.republican-candidates.org/Gingrich/Business-Labor.php)

• Gingrich believes that workers have basic human rights but unions have outlived their purpose.

• Unions discourage competition and are overly concerned with politics, spending millions of dollars on influencing government policies while their pension funds are in the red.

• Unions have made the cost of producing goods in the U.S. prohibitive.

Gingrich on Capital Punishment (http://2012.republican-candidates.org/Gingrich/Capital-Punishment.php)

Gingrich supports capital punishment.

In a speech in 1995, Gingrich recommends the inclusion of drug smuggling under capital crime offences. He went on to draft H.R. 41, a bill that recommends the death penalty to anyone smuggling over one hundred doses of any form of illicit substance across American borders. The bill was defeated.
“You import commercial quantities of drugs in the United States for the purpose of destroying our children, we will kill you… I say put it on the ballot and say either legalize them or get rid of them… But quit playing the game that enriches the evil, strengthens the violence, addicts our children, and makes us look pathetic and helpless… Do it one by one, it'll add up… If the word gets back that we're serious and we're actually implementing it, then it will have a very chilling effect on people bringing drugs into the U.S.”July 14, 1995, Speech to the Republican National Committee.....snip~

MMC
12-10-2011, 12:01 AM
Gingrich on China (http://2012.republican-candidates.org/Gingrich/China.php)

• Newt Gingrich believes that China suppresses dissents and abuses human rights.

• He thinks that we should take steps with the people and not the government, to trade, have student exchanges and tourism.

• He said the U.S. should do anything possible to increase friendly relations with the Chinese people. We should be respectful of the government of China but encourage the people to demand their God given rights.

• He believes that we can improve China by trading with them and exposing them to the Western world of freedom.

Gingrich on Civil Liberties (http://2012.republican-candidates.org/Gingrich/Civil-Liberties.php)

• Gingrich believes that the Supreme Court has become a constitutional convention and that they should leave the Constitution alone. Judges must understand our rights come from God, not the government.

• He believes that the ACLU has become eccentric and often destructive.

Gingrich on the Deficit (http://2012.republican-candidates.org/Gingrich/Deficit.php)

• Gingrich says that the government should look at how the private sector manages its finances and imitate it.

• He supports replacing bureaucratic attitudes with entrepreneurial management.

• He thinks that our government is too big, spends too much and is too intrusive.....snip~

MMC
12-10-2011, 12:02 AM
Gingrich on the Economy (http://2012.republican-candidates.org/Gingrich/Economy.php)

Budget
Gingrich claims that he would be able to balance the national budget within five years of taking office, pointing out how he was part of the team that successfully produced four surplus budgets between 1998 and 2001, paying off $405 billion worth of federal debt in the process. He envisions a new Contract with America, the manifesto he co-authored in 1994 that was the blueprint behind the Republicans sweep of both the Senate and House of Representatives that year. The key, according to Newt, is creating favorable economic conditions that would generate jobs and bring down unemployment figures to a marginal 5%.

Deficit and Debts
Gingrich questions the commitment of the Democratic leadership in deficit reduction, accusing them of misleading the country. He contends that deficit reduction and a surplus budget is possible, claiming that the 1994 Republican’s Contract With America manifesto as the thrust behind the late 90’s surplus budgets.

“It’s not often that I quote the liberal Center for American Progress, but they’ve come up with a term for the Washington liberals posing as budget cutters that is perfect: Deficit peacocks. As opposed to deficit hawks who are the real fiscal conservatives, deficit peacocks strut around pretending to cut spending through gimmicks like spending freezes that are “freezes” only in the sense that they “freeze” into place previous frenzied spending binges … By pretending to be budget cutters, deficit peacocks engage in an old liberal trick. They promise future spending cuts while approving massive current spending. Then, later, they demand tax increases to pay for all that spending… Today, deficit peacocks are strutting all over Washington. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.), Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) and President Obama could all cut spending if they wanted to, they just don’t want to… When I was Speaker, we kept our promise in the Contract With America to balance the budget. We balanced the budget for four consecutive years for the first time since the 1920s. And we did it while paying off $405 billion in federal debt, lowering taxes, and increasing defense, intelligence and scientific research funding. It can be done, Mr. President. We don’t have to mortgage our children’s future to pay for our present.”

February 3, 2010, Deficit Hawks vs. Deficit Peacocks, HumanEvents.com.....snip~

MMC
12-10-2011, 12:03 AM
Policy
Gingrich frames his economic policy using a five-point plan.

Eliminating the National Labor Relations Board, replacing the Environmental Protection Agency and repealing ObamaCare.
Cut regulations on financial institutions
Employing a fiscal policy that is based on Reaganomics
A one-year tax moratorium, coupled with the elimination of capital gains tax and bringing down the corporate tax rate to 12.5%
Limiting unemployment benefits to a maximum of four weeks

"A Newt Gingrich presidency would see sweeping tax cuts, 'very serious deregulation and stringent limits on unemployment benefits after four weeks… I think these kinds of steps would move us toward a very dramatic job growth, which is the best way to move towards a balanced budget—by getting people off of unemployment, off of Medicaid, off of food stamps, get them back into earning a living and paying taxes… Washington would like to raise taxes because Washington would like to spend more money. The American people know this country is not undertaxed, this country is overspent… Instead of spending $140 billion a year for people to do nothing, you'd be spending most of that $140 billion retaining the American work force, making us more competitive in the world market, making us able to compete with China, Germany and India.”

May 24, 2011, CNBC.....snip~

MMC
12-10-2011, 12:04 AM
• Gingrich believes that high schools are now obsolete. He would make schools and teachers compete to improve education.

• He thinks that we should focus on patriotic education instead of multiculturalism.

• He thinks education is the most important factor in our future prosperity and national security.

• He insists that failing schools must change and he supports charter schools. Gingrich would provide students at hopeless schools with private school scholarships.

• He wouldn't charge interest on student loans for science and math students.

• He would bring back school prayer with a Constitutional amendment and thinks that federal aid should go only to schools that allow voluntary

• Gingrich has said that high school girls who graduate as virgins should be rewarded.

Gingrich on Energy (http://2012.republican-candidates.org/Gingrich/Energy.php)

• Gingrich thinks that the Kyoto treaty is bad for the nation and the environment.

• He would give incentives for renewable resources and conservation.

• He would end the 'scare tactics' and drill in Alaska.

• He supports eliminating the gas tax.

Gingrich on the Environment (http://2012.republican-candidates.org/Gingrich/Environment.php)

• Gingrich supports lowering carbon emissions but is skeptical of the climate change theories.

• He favors tax breaks over cap and trade.

• He supports conservative-based conservation efforts.

• He wrote a book on his views of the environment called 'A Contract with the Earth'.

Gingrich on Foreign Affairs (http://2012.republican-candidates.org/Gingrich/Foreign-Affairs.php)

• Gingrich believes that we should lead the way to a Third Wave Information Age and expand the use of statecraft.....snip~

MMC
12-10-2011, 12:05 AM
Gingrich on Guantanamo (http://2012.republican-candidates.org/Gingrich/Guantanamo.php)

General Policy On Guantanamo

Gingrich strongly opposes any plans to close GITMO. “… The fact is every member of the American government senior leadership believed in the intelligence they were getting at the time. And the question comes right down to, as Vice President Cheney said this week, what's your highest priority? Is it to defend America and protect American lives, or is it to find some way to defend terrorists and to get terrorists involved in the criminal justice system? I can't imagine -- given the fact, for example, that we just picked up four terrorists in New York who had been converted in prison, I can't imagine -- the director of the FBI has said don't put these terrorists in prisons because there'll be an active threat to convert other people. The fact is these, these terrorists -- we're now down to the worst of the worst. These are the -- the Bush administration released over 500 people. One out of every seven actually went back to war against us and is out actively trying to kill Americans today. So I would be very cautious. I think the president made a very big mistake. It was a campaign promise, it is not a national security plan. I think, frankly, they should keep Guantanamo open. Whatever the, whatever things that are wrong at Guantanamo they would fix by moving them to somewhere else, fix them at Guantanamo.

Question: How long should Gitmo remain open?

Gingrich: Until the war is over.

Question: When is that?

Gingrich: We'll -- when the terrorists disappear.”

May 24, 2009; Gingrich speaking to David Gregory on NBC’s Meet The Press.....snip~

MMC
12-10-2011, 12:07 AM
On Enhanced Interrogation TechniquesOppose
“I was pleased to have the opportunity to meet with President Jiang in the United States and to take part in a candid and direct dialogue about U.S.-Chinese relations. On every issue of concern to our two nations -- from the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction to the integration of Hong Kong, the status of Taiwan, and the growing inter- dependence of our two economies -- we spoke forcefully, honestly, and without reserve. Most importantly, Republican leaders made explicitly clear our unwavering commitment to human rights and individual liberty. I believe it was vitally important that we used this opportunity to address the basic lack of freedom -- speech, liberty, assembly, the press -- in China. Had we not done so, we would not only have betrayed our own tradition, we also would have failed to meet our obligations as a friend of China. As I said in China this spring, there is no place for abuse in what must be considered the family of man. There is no place for torture and arbitrary detention. There is no place for forced confessions. There is no place for intolerance of dissent. While we walked through the Rotunda. I explained to President Jiang how the roots of American rule of law go back more than 700 years, to the signing of the Magna Carta. The foundation of American values, therefore, is not a passing priority or a temporary trend. We believe in religious liberty and personal freedom because the people who settled our country left the lands of their birth, accepting great danger and uncertainty, to secure those basic rights. I reminded our Chinese guests that you cannot have economic freedom without political freedom, and you cannot have political freedom without religious freedom. You cannot have a system that is half totalitarian and half free. It will not survive. I -- and the rest of the Republican leadership -- will continue to take whatever action we, can to help move China down the path of freedom, democracy, and liberty. As Americans, as political leaders, as free individuals, it is our obligation to do what we can to extend these basic human rights and religious liberties to the rest of the world.”October 30, 1997; Gingrich released a statement in his capacity as Speaker of the House after a meeting with Chinese President Jiang Zemin.

On The Record Greta Van Susteren : All right, now, waterboarding -- is that torture?
Gingrich : I think it's something we shouldn't do.
GVS : Should not do.
Gingrich : Should not do. I've been very deeply influenced by John McCain, who was a prisoner, by Chuck Boyd, retired Air Force four-star general, who was a prisoner, and by Jim Jones. And Boyd and Jones and I talked about this at length several years ago. I do think the United States should be very careful about the things we do. I think, frankly, releasing the documents last week was a big mistake. Releasing the pictures is, I think, a dumb mistake. But I want to see the United States run the risk, at times, of not learning certain things in order to establish a standard for civilization.
Now, remember, the people we're talking about are criminals. They're outside the law. They're not wearing a uniform. They're not part of a regular army. They're not engaged in anything that's called the law of warfare. Historically, they have been automatically subject to being shot because if you're not in uniform and you're an enemy combatant, you are deemed automatically to be the equivalent of a spy. The same thing goes with piracy, which is historically outside the law.
But I think as a matter of our own self-respect, we historically have been very careful about this. I'm just finishing a novel that'll come out in October about George Washington crossing the Delaware and winning a huge victory on the day after Christmas in 1776. Washington issued very strict rules, to be charitable towards prisoners, to be careful about treating them humanely, to draw a distinction between the way the Europeans mercenaries dealt with our men and the way Americans deal with other prisoners.
And I think Washington was closer to right. So I'm not going to defend any of these practices, but I do think the way the administration has approached it weakens the United States And I think that they have gratuitously done things that were not needed.April 24, 2009; Gingrich speaking to Greta Van Susteren, On The Record (Source (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,517992,00.html)).....snip~

MMC
12-10-2011, 12:08 AM
Gingrich on Gun Control (http://2012.republican-candidates.org/Gingrich/Gun-Control.php)

The Second Amendment: Individual or Collective Right?

Gingrich is a firm advocate of a citizen's right to bear arms.

"The right to bear arms is not about hunting. It's not about target practice ... The right to bear arms is a political right designed to safeguard freedom so that no government can take away from you the rights that God has given you, and it was written by people who had spent their lifetime fighting the greatest empire in the world and they knew that if they had not had the right to bear arms, they would have been enslaved. And they did not want us to be enslaved. And that is why they guaranteed us the right to protect ourselves. It is a political right of the deepest importance to the survival of freedom in America."

April 29, 2011, speaking at the National Rifle Association's annual convention staged in Pittsburg, Pennsylvania.

Legislations

Newt accuses the Obama administration of undermining the Second Amendment through a less than open strategy of legislative amendments.

"In every possible way, the Obama administration is the most consistently anti-gun administration and anti-Second Amendment administration that we have ever seen ... They're now developing a stealth strategy in which they combine anti-gun judges with anti-gun treaties ... They will then try to strip us of our rights by judicial fiat."

April 29, 2011, speaking at the National Rifle Association's annual convention staged in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.....snip~

Newt in Pittsburgh

MMC
12-10-2011, 12:09 AM
Gingrich on Health Care (http://2012.republican-candidates.org/Gingrich/Health-Care.php)

• He thinks that health care should be competitive and allowed to cross state lines. Competition would lower prices and provide more choices.

• He would give tax credits for developing the technology to help and prevent disabilities.

• Gingrich thinks Medicare should focus on preventative health instead of illness and that we’d save $14 billion on diabetes treatments alone.

• He thinks the government does not belong in health care. Nationalizing health care hurts everyone.

Gingrich on Immigration (http://2012.republican-candidates.org/Gingrich/Immigration.php)

Contrary to his gung-ho and partisan approach, Gingrich is clearly divided on the issue of immigration. We’ve rarely seen him struggling to convey his message, so it is a rare treat to see a contemplative, thoughtful and hesitant Gingrich. He may be alienating a large segment of the GOP grassroots with his stance, and in the process, open himself to accusations of pandering to the Hispanic community, but one can clearly sense that this is Gingrich being earnest.

Immigration: Yea or Nae
Yea. “There's nothing complicated about what's going on. The richest society in the planet is within geographic reach now, in the age of modern transportation, of much poorer societies. So relatively smart people wake up in the morning and say, Gee, I could earn $1 an hour here or $14 an hour in Kansas City. I wonder where I'd like to be next week. This isn't complicated. It's not indecent and it’s not wrong. But a society which fails to control its own borders is asking for the level of trouble we now have.”
April 26, 2006, Gingrich speaking at the American Enterprise Institute For Public Policy Research.....snip~

MMC
12-10-2011, 12:10 AM
On Amnesty
"Because I think we are going to want to find some way to deal with the people who are here to distinguish between those who have no ties to the United States, and therefore you can deport them at minimum human cost, and those who, in fact, may have earned the right to become legal, but not citizens"May 19, 2011, Iowa

“No serious citizen who’s concerned about solving this problem should get trapped into a yes/no answer in which you’re either for totally selling out protecting America or you’re for totally kicking out 20 million people in a heartless way. There are — there are humane, practical steps to solve this problem, if we can get the politicians and the news media to just deal with it honestly.”June 13, 2011, Gingrich speaking on the GOP New Hampshire Presidential Debate

On Deportation
"We are not going to deport 11 million people. There has to be some zone between deportation and amnesty… Let's find someone who actually knows what they're doing… It should be possible for any employer, anyone in the United States, as fast as you swipe your ATM card to get cash, to swipe a card to know whether or not they're able to hire you”December 2, speaking at The Americano.com First Annual Hispanic Forum 2010, Washington

“I’m just going to ask them a simple question… They’re going to take somebody who came here at 3 years of age, who doesn’t speak Spanish and who just graduated from a high school in Texas, and they’re going to say to him, ‘We’re going to deport you… That’s certainly their prerogative. I don’t think the country will go for that. I think that’s so lax in a concern for the human beings involved…March 1, 2011, Interview with The Hill

On Legislation
So first of all I would urge the House and Senate to pass a border control bill that's real. And when I say real, let me explain - I recommend to all of you, if you've never read Rudy Giuliani's Leadership and Bill Bratton's Turnaround, they're both worth reading to understand what I mean by real.
Bratton is actually the police chief who actually enforced Giuliani's determination to control crime. They set up a system called COMSTAT for Computer Statistics. They were very aggressive and very direct. They replaced three-fourths of the Precinct Captains in New York the first year. Out of 76 Precincts, three-fourths of their captains replaced. They reduced crime 14% the first year. Mayor Bloomberg has maintained the same system. Crime in New York today is down 70%. New York is statistically the safest large city in the United States. One estimate is there are 16,000 people alive today who would've been killed in New York over the last 15 years.
Staggering. I mean, nobody studies it because it’s a success. And how could you possibly do a Time magazine cover about success? That would imply things in America could work.April 26, 2006, Gingrich speaking at the American Enterprise Institute For Public Policy Research seminar

U.S. Mexico Border Fence
“I am deeply committed to securing the border… I am deeply committed to changing the deportation rules for felons and gang members… But I also think we have a huge challenge — what do you do with the human beings who are engaged, some of whom are married, have children? It’s a very complicated situation, and I don’t you think you can just wave a magic wand and have some kind of a simple, clean answer.”March 1, 2011, Interview with The Hill.....snip~

MMC
12-10-2011, 12:10 AM
Gingrich on Iran (http://2012.republican-candidates.org/Gingrich/Iran.php)

• Gingrich believes that we should pressure Iraq to cut ties with Iran.

Gingrich on Iraq (http://2012.republican-candidates.org/Gingrich/Iraq.php)

• Newt Gingrich believes that setting a deadline for troop withdrawal in Iraq is recipe for defeat. That a planned withdrawal will encourage terrorists and they will only follow us home.

• He thinks our policy in Iraq is a mess. Let the Iraqis win their own civil wars - if they really want to be free they will do it without us.

• Iran and Syria are enemies. We should talk with them but remember that they will always work against us until it’s in their best interests not to.

Gingrich on Israel (http://2012.republican-candidates.org/Gingrich/Israel.php)

• Gingrich thinks that the U.S. is setting up a confrontation with Israel.

• He thinks that Israel is in great danger and by not supporting Israelis, we’re setting them up for a nuclear holocaust.

• He thinks that Israel has every right to maintain a blockade of Gaza in defense against Hamas.

He believes there is no humanitarian crisis in Gaza but merely a political effort to undermine the safety of Israel.

Gingrich on National Security (http://2012.republican-candidates.org/Gingrich/National-Security.php)

• Gingrich believes that the greatest danger to the nation is the rise of radical Islam inside this country.

• He thinks withdrawal from Iraq without a win would be a blow to national security.

• Newt believes it's dangerous not to compete with India and China – losing our economic advantage will cause us to compromise national security.

• He thinks our secular-socialist system is another danger.

• Homeland security is willfully hiding from reality, reacting instead of acting and twisting the language (i.e. “manmade disasters”) instead of targeting the real enemies.

Gingrich on North Korea (http://2012.republican-candidates.org/Gingrich/North-Korea.php)

Gingrich advocates a firm hand when dealing with rogue nations like North Korea and does not discount a preemptive strike.

“We do not appreciate the scale of threat that is evolving on the planet and North Korea is a totally irresponsible dictatorship, run by a person who is clearly out of touch with reality and I think to say, we’re now gonna have another meeting at the UN to have another paper resolution that has meaningless effect is very dangerous. I think with both Iran and North Korea you have countries which could decide at any morning to try and actually use their weapons…

There are three or four techniques that could’ve been used, from unconventional forces to stand off capabilities to say, we’re not gonna tolerate a North Korean missile launch. Period. I mean, the world's either got to decide that North Korea is utterly dangerous -- I'd recommend, look at electromagnetic pulse, which changes every equation about how risky these weapons are…”
April 12, 2009: Gingrich speaking to Fox's Chris Wallace.....snip~

MMC
12-10-2011, 12:11 AM
Gingrich on Poverty (http://2012.republican-candidates.org/Gingrich/Poverty.php)

• Gingrich believes that poverty could be erased with more opportunities in education.

• He thinks that orphanages like Boys Town serve children better than welfare.

• He supports group homes for unwed mothers.

• He would prohibit welfare to minor mothers and deny increased AFDC for additional children born while on welfare.

• Gingrich supports less spending on welfare and establishing work requirements.

• He thinks welfare should only last 2 years.

• Gingrich promotes moving the powers of government back to the states and local governments where volunteers better know the needs of the people.

• Newt would Improve opportunities for the poor by teaching children values and emphasizing family, education and work.

• He would establish tax incentives for investment and entrepreneurship.

• He wants to protect against violence and drugs with strict laws and enforcement.....snip~

MMC
12-10-2011, 12:12 AM
Gingrich on Prescription Drugs (http://2012.republican-candidates.org/Gingrich/Prescription%20Drugs.php)

• Gingrich thinks that our prescription drug policy needs to be overhauled and modernized.

• He supports setting up a database that people can access, modeled on Travelocity, where they can look up and compare who is selling which drugs for what price. Prices vary a lot from store to store. A single inhaler for asthmatics sells for about $6 at a warehouse club, yet a nearby pharmacy charges $88 for the same thing.

• Newt wants people to be able to see their choices.

Gingrich on Same Sex Issues (http://2012.republican-candidates.org/Gingrich/Prescription-Drugs.php)

• Gingrich opposes domestic partnership benefits for same-sex couples.

• He wants a constitutional amendment to protect the traditional family.

He believes that same sex couples should have some sort of legal rights so that they can leave their estates to their partners or visit them in the hospital.

• Gingrich believes that homosexuality is a sin.

• He thinks that same sex couples should not be able to adopt children.

• He thinks that gays and lesbians should be able to teach as there are many good and decent people who happen to be gay and children will encounter them in everyday life.....snip!

MMC
12-10-2011, 12:14 AM
http://2012.republican-candidates.org/Gingrich/Issues.php

Here is Gingrich on the Issues and from his 2012 Campaign. Again his own words and not what the MSM wants to say nor the Left.

Mister D
12-10-2011, 10:36 AM
Gingrich on Prescription Drugs (http://2012.republican-candidates.org/Gingrich/Prescription%20Drugs.php)

• Gingrich thinks that our prescription drug policy needs to be overhauled and modernized.

• He supports setting up a database that people can access, modeled on Travelocity, where they can look up and compare who is selling which drugs for what price. Prices vary a lot from store to store. A single inhaler for asthmatics sells for about $6 at a warehouse club, yet a nearby pharmacy charges $88 for the same thing.

• Newt wants people to be able to see their choices.

Gingrich on Same Sex Issues (http://2012.republican-candidates.org/Gingrich/Prescription-Drugs.php)

• Gingrich opposes domestic partnership benefits for same-sex couples.

• He wants a constitutional amendment to protect the traditional family.

He believes that same sex couples should have some sort of legal rights so that they can leave their estates to their partners or visit them in the hospital.

• Gingrich believes that homosexuality is a sin.

• He thinks that same sex couples should not be able to adopt children.

• He thinks that gays and lesbians should be able to teach as there are many good and decent people who happen to be gay and children will encounter them in everyday life.....snip!

His views on same sex issues and national security are very close to my own.

MMC
12-11-2011, 01:20 AM
Looks like all the other Contenders took their shots at Gingrich for the Debate Tonight.....What pisses me off is how ABC and Cow Eyes/Collagen lipped Diane Sawyer and George Step-on-a-metropolis. Allowed all the others to take a shot across the bow all on Gingrichs past marriage.

These guys need to watch some rap videos and learn about the Diss.....it's the one thing the left and the right as well as the World of Media cannot handle! I would hit Cow/Eyes back with some Comment about her always chewing the Cud.

Perry is really starting to piss me off to..... the fake azz Republican. He is nothing more than one of those so called Conservative Demos. But his desperation is truly noted!

MMC
12-15-2011, 09:02 AM
Getting down to business, Krauthammer then noted that there was, indeed, a fear that Gingrich was “too erratic or mercurial… a victim of his own creative intelligence.” “These people wonder,” he continued, “if he’ll wake up one morning the way he did in the past with a mandate or global warming… and surprise people by being unconservative.” The other concern, he argued, was that Gingrich was unelectable– so much so that “he would hurt the House and the Senate even.” Krauthammer argued that his political (not personal) baggage would not be overlooked in a general election.....snip~

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/charles-krauthammer-to-bill-oreilly-newt-gingrich-is-a-victim-of-his-own-creative-intelligence/

Mister D
12-15-2011, 11:43 AM
I'm not particularly concerned about the human cost of deportation. It may sound cruel but the problem has gotten way out of hand and being "humane" is part of what got us into this mess to begin with.

MMC
12-15-2011, 06:12 PM
After more than three decades on the national stage, Gingrich offers a public record so voluminous that it amounts to a full employment act for opposition researchers in both parties. From his early days as a self-described "Rockefeller Republican" to his emergence as the embodiment of post-Reagan conservatism, Gingrich has often spoken first and thought later, leaving behind a Bartlett's of caustic, cosmic and sometimes contradictory quotations. The result is that, using legitimate video clips, Gingrich easily can be portrayed as anyone from transformative leader to tragic loser.

Back in 1995, Gingrich told the New Yorker in an interview, "I'm not a natural leader ... I'm too intellectual. I'm too abstract. I think too much." Now Gingrich, who has been thinking about running for president since 1996, is closer to power than he has been since he was defrocked as speaker more than 13 years ago. If elected president (and those words seemed ludicrous just a few weeks ago), would Gingrich govern as a centrist Republican or a right-wing true believer? Judging from Gingrich's complex record as House speaker, the answer may well be both.....snip~

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/character-sketch-newt-gingrich-surprisingly-moderate-record-speaker-124538020.html.....<<<<< More Here!

The Answer may well be......he is not either!

MMC
12-15-2011, 08:03 PM
A Cheap Hawk.....This is what Gingrich is telling people?

"I don't do foreign policy," (http://us.lrd.yahoo.com/SIG=14kv6jm5k/EXP=1325206609/**http%3A//www.nytimes.com/1995/07/18/world/the-schooling-of-gingrich-the-foreign-policy-novice.html%3Fpagewanted=all%26%2338;src=pm) Newt Gingrich, then the Speaker of the House, told the New York Times in 1995, adding that the proportion of time he spends thinking about domestic policy, compared with foreign affairs and defense, is "90/10." The line was meant as a light-footed dodge from the latest rhetorical bomb he had lit, saying that the United States should recognize Taiwan as a country independent from China. "I was trying to rattle their cage, to get their attention," Gingrich would later say. "I don't think we should recognize Taiwan."

Throughout his political career, Gingrich has demonstrated this pattern--basking in the shocked controversy after a provocative remark and then retreating, when necessary, by dismissing the seriousness of his words. And while he focused on domestic issues during his time in the House, he has positioned himself in the Republican presidential race as a bold leader on the world stage.

Over the course of his campaign, Gingrich has proposed U.S. support for regime change in Iran, named the former United Nations ambassador John Bolton as his preferred secretary of state, decried the alleged culture of timidity at the State Department and urged more covert operations to be conducted by the Central Intelligence Agency. Like most of the Republican candidates, Gingrich has criticized President Barack Obama for not being aggressive with Iran, for initiating timetables for withdrawal from current wars and for not more firmly taking Israel's side in the Middle East peace process.....snip~

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/cheap-hawk-gingrich-foreign-policy-look-232841141.html

We now know who Gingrich will pick as his S.O.S..... wonder who he would pick for VP?

Conley
12-15-2011, 08:07 PM
Would John Bolton be a good SoS? I'm not so sure of that.

Mister D
12-15-2011, 08:12 PM
I so want to paste a pic of Michael Bolton but we are trying to be good. :smiley:

Well, no one in the Democratic Party does foreign policy either so it's not as bad as it sounds. Anyway, we already gave Taiwan de facto recognition.

Conley
12-15-2011, 08:18 PM
You're right...like so much else we are left with choosing the lesser of the two evils. TBH I would be shocked if Newt becomes the next president, but I'm the same guy who said Bush would lose to Gore and Obama didn't have a chance! :laugh:

MMC
12-15-2011, 08:24 PM
Either way.....this Country is left with no Choice. Both Romney and Gingrich suck. But we cannot allow Obama to continue the systematic Europeanization of this Country. Moreover time for Repubs to hit Obama over transparency! Big Time!

Bolton does have experience with Foreign Policy.....yes!

Mister D
12-15-2011, 08:52 PM
You're right...like so much else we are left with choosing the lesser of the two evils. TBH I would be shocked if Newt becomes the next president, but I'm the same guy who said Bush would lose to Gore and Obama didn't have a chance! :laugh:

Who could have predicted Obama? I mean that was such a long shot.

The Democrats have been traditionally weak on the foreign policy front at least in my lifetime. This hurts Newt in that he does not have the advantage that a typical Republican candidate could normally count on.

MMC
12-15-2011, 09:01 PM

The Democrats have been traditionally weak on the foreign policy front at least in my lifetime. This hurts Newt in that he does not have the advantage that a typical Republican candidate could normally count on.

I was thinking that.....but then also I am watching the MSM to see if they fudge the number on Gingrich's electability over Romney just because they want to see that match-up. Plus we already know Newt will cater to the Neo-Cons. Bolton is a str-8 up Neo-Con. More and more of what the Krauthammer is saying about Gingrich seems to ring true.

The Demos have always been weak on Foreign policy.....Always!

Conley
12-15-2011, 09:02 PM

I blame Iowa. Seriously!

MMC
12-15-2011, 09:16 PM
I blame the situation the the Country was in which was brought on by policies from the Clinton Administration. because the message could not have been clearer. Obamas message of all being Americans and Don't send the same failed leaders back to Wahington. Echoed in everysones mind. Then his promise not to cater to the lobbyists in Washington. It's what everybody wanted to hear.

Now we know he will say whatever is expedient to his own personal call.

GRUMPY
12-16-2011, 09:10 AM
anyone in the rep field is better than obama, even paul........

MMC
12-16-2011, 09:22 AM
anyone in the rep field is better than obama, even paul........

I have to agree with you there G-MAN. I was talking with some peeps and all were saying if Paul won the nomination. We have to go with him full tilt. We cannot afford another 4 yrs of Obama in a second term. Knowing all second terms of the last 6 Presidents have been disastorious for this country.

Obama is not stopping with his European endeavors. Nor should he be allowed to tout that he enjoys all this credit for Foreign Policy.

Gingrich said it in the debate again. Any who go against Obama is better than where he is taking this nation.
McCain was on the Medved show and stated on live radio yesterday. When he ran for President and lost he thought that the economy would be the only worry. Then he said with all that we are seeing with Domestic issues over National Security for the first time in my history of being a politician. I am very very very very very worried about the future and security of this country with Obama leading from behind.

They asked McCain if Paul won would he support him. McCain stated he would. But there really is no choice and he is not going to endorse anyone! But if Paul wins he will do everything he can to help him beat Obama!

Conley
12-16-2011, 09:32 AM
As much as the GOP treats Ron Paul like dirt, he has inspired a passion in his supporters that none of the other candidates can even come close to. If the GOP with that kind of support (with a different platform from Paul's of course) they might have a shot at turning this thing around.

MMC
12-16-2011, 09:43 AM
Obama is down to 30% with Independants.....he isnt going to pull them this time. Plus there is plenty out there about Goldman Sachs backing him. I think he is going to find out this is not going to be easy at all.

Moreover the KrautHammer thinks this is going to be a dirty election fight this time.

Mister D
12-16-2011, 10:46 AM
As much as the GOP treats Ron Paul like dirt, he has inspired a passion in his supporters that none of the other candidates can even come close to. If the GOP with that kind of support (with a different platform from Paul's of course) they might have a shot at turning this thing around.

That's certainly true.I thin Newt is capable of exciting the base though. What remains to be seen is if he can bring over the indepedents.

MMC
12-17-2011, 07:35 AM
Ron Paul vs Newt at the Iowa Debate.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJVXsdYVMSA

Paul Tears Gingrich up here.....then Gingrich lies. As there is no way he can get around Freddie and Fannie.

Mister D
12-17-2011, 09:36 AM
I saw a few clips of attacks n Newt at that debate on O'Reilly's show last night. He's the front runner so it's expected I guess.

GRUMPY
12-18-2011, 12:45 PM
no offense to paul but he has lived off earmarks since he has been in office....no one on that stage is perfect, all with flaws and all a better choice than obama.....

MMC
12-18-2011, 07:57 PM
Yeah Paul explained his position on ear-marks in the debate. Cavuto hit him with it.