PDA

View Full Version : Any Cognac Drinkers

Common
06-07-2013, 08:51 PM
If so what do you like, I was told recently cognac is a powerhouse of antioxidents. Its made from white grapes. They say two drinks a day of cognac is certainly good for men.
Cognac can get ridiculously expensive ive seen bottles online costing 6,800 and im sure it goes even higher. I am not spending 200 on a bottle or a 100. So im just curious as I investigate if any of you have any preferences.

Captain Obvious
06-07-2013, 09:06 PM
Funny you mention. Wife's a big wine drinker and i always thought w didnt drink enough cognac. I understand that there is good cognac out there that isnt expensive.

Common
06-07-2013, 09:14 PM
Funny you mention. Wife's a big wine drinker and i always thought w didnt drink enough cognac. I understand that there is good cognac out there that isnt expensive.

Ive been doing reading on inexpensive cognacs and there are many available. I figured id try to get opinions before I bought a couple of pigs in a poke thing. Some have warned about cognac creep, getting addicted and buying more and more expensive. That wont happen to me.

Captain Obvious
06-07-2013, 09:31 PM
Same here. I dont get caught up in the beer snob thing, i like good beer without taking a mortgage out on it. Same goes for anything else.

If youre paying too much, youre trying too hard.

Common
06-07-2013, 09:44 PM
Same here. I dont get caught up in the beer snob thing, i like good beer without taking a mortgage out on it. Same goes for anything else.

If youre paying too much, youre trying too hard.

Heh thats a good way to put it. If your in a position to buy a 6800.00 bottle of cognac to have two ounces per day and I am in a position of buying a 20.00 50.00 dollar bottle then we both need to stay in our own spots and be happy :)

High_Gravity
07-16-2013, 10:06 AM
I like Hennessy.

oceanloverOH
07-16-2013, 10:11 AM
I used to drink a small glass of cognac once in a great while, after a good meal in Europe. What a nice tummy warmer! Couldn't tell you a brand, though; it's been well over 20 years ago. I've tried it a couple of times here; not anywhere near the same.......yuck.

Peter1469
07-16-2013, 03:53 PM
Never was a fan.