PDA

View Full Version : DOJ launches criminal probe of NSA leaker

Common
06-10-2013, 12:57 AM
Do I agree with this ? I dont know, I think they should wait till we find out if the govt has been doing anything actually wrong and if snowden is right or wrong. I think when it all said and done though Snowden wont be able to hide anywhere. I dont think he anticipated what may be coming.

The Justice Department on Sunday confirmed that it is conducting a criminal investigation into the leak of classified information detailing the National Security Agency’s phone and internet surveillance programs.

"The Department of Justice is in the initial stages of an investigation into the unauthorized disclosure of classified information by an individual with authorized access,” said DOJ spokeswoman Nanda Chitre in a statement to The Hill.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/304405-justice-department-investigating-nsa-leaker

Mainecoons
06-10-2013, 07:37 AM
Yep, send a criminal organization like Justice, "fast and furious" to do a criminal investigation.

I suppose to a guy like you who "respects" Hitler, this makes sense.

Peter1469
06-10-2013, 12:34 PM
I heard on the news that he checked out of his Hong Kong hotel. I have to imagine that spies from many nations are likely tripping over themselves following him around.

I don't know enough about what happened or his motives to make a judgment yet.

JimH52
06-10-2013, 01:11 PM
At this point he is not a "whistle blower." He is a "criminal." The debate over whether the NSA has overreached is separate and needs to be handled separately. This man signed an agreement that gave him security clearance. He then disregarded that agreement and leaked sensitive material. If he really wanted to question the dealings of NSA, he should have approached his Congressman. That is what Congress is for. They seem very capable of investigating anything that want.

Instead, he went to a UK newspaper and then to Hong Kong which is under Chinese control. He has made some very flawed decisions.

Mainecoons
06-10-2013, 01:12 PM

Common
06-10-2013, 01:15 PM
Yep, send a criminal organization like Justice, "fast and furious" to do a criminal investigation.

I suppose to a guy like you who "respects" Hitler, this makes sense.

I dont respect hitler at all, I just respect him more than I do you :)

Chris
06-10-2013, 01:16 PM
At this point he is not a "whistle blower." He is a "criminal." The debate over whether the NSA has overreached is separate and needs to be handled separately. This man signed an agreement that gave him security clearance. He then disregarded that agreement and leaked sensitive material. If he really wanted to question the dealings of NSA, he should have approached his Congressman. That is what Congress is for. They seem very capable of investigating anything that want.

Instead, he went to a UK newspaper and then to Hong Kong which is under Chinese control. He has made some very flawed decisions.

He signed an agreement yes but doesn't that company and the agency they contracted with have a moral obligation here. He has raised a question about justice. We can attack the messenger or address the message.

Mainecoons
06-10-2013, 01:17 PM

Mister D
06-10-2013, 01:18 PM

Common
06-10-2013, 01:23 PM

Or he could have went to a lawyer and asked for protection under the whistle blower law. The whistleblower law protects anyone THAT REPORTS A CRIME from being persecuted.
It does not protect a person who has a security clearance and divulges secret govt information for our enemies and everyone else to see, that is a traitor
The far right as ALWAYS has the govt condemned and this guy a hero and no one knows the facts yet.

Thats ok though if a republican gets elected next election all this right wing windbagedness will disapear its just temporary :)

Mainecoons
06-10-2013, 01:25 PM
Well D, he did say he "respects" Hitler more than a young man who basically gave up his life to stop the government from spying on us.

:grin:

Mister D
06-10-2013, 01:28 PM
Well D, he did say he "respects" Hitler more than a young man who basically gave up his life to stop the government from spying on us.

If it turns out he broke his oath for no good reason shame on him. If not, shame on these mindless partisans. Shame on this whole country for electing one virus after another.

Chris
06-10-2013, 01:32 PM
Or he could have went to a lawyer and asked for protection under the whistle blower law. The whistleblower law protects anyone THAT REPORTS A CRIME from being persecuted.
It does not protect a person who has a security clearance and divulges secret govt information for our enemies and everyone else to see, that is a traitor
The far right as ALWAYS has the govt condemned and this guy a hero and no one knows the facts yet.

Thats ok though if a republican gets elected next election all this right wing windbagedness will disapear its just temporary :)

Against that, you say...

no one knows the facts yet

Q.E.D.

Chris
06-10-2013, 01:33 PM
If it turns out he broke his oath for no good reason shame on him. If not, shame on these mindless partisans. Shame on this whole country for electing one virus after another.

Agree.

I find helping inform Americans is a fairly good reason.

Mainecoons
06-10-2013, 01:34 PM
Thats ok though if a republican gets elected next election all this right wing windbagedness will disapear its just temporary

This started under a Republican, genius.

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRnzCpVX6FpJ5-tpzewkJGvx9sxqMsvV-BnbIidfBt455DyyW32

JimH52
06-10-2013, 01:57 PM

You should grow s mustache. Maybe people won't recognize you.:deadhorse:

Mainecoons
06-10-2013, 01:59 PM
He's baaack!

Mainecoons
06-10-2013, 02:01 PM
Hey Baghdad Jim, when your buddy Baghdad Bob told you that Saddam's secret police weren't torturing and killing people, you knew it was true, yes?

Now, the NSA is telling you that it isn't spying on you so that also must be true!

What is that old P.T. Barnum saw? Oh yeah, something about a sucker is born every minute.

It's your minute, Jimbo!

Common
06-10-2013, 02:05 PM

Nah get it right I said clearly without stuttering I respect hitler more than I respect you and I meant it :)

Mister D
06-10-2013, 02:07 PM
Mind you, my post was addressing this mystical notion some of you have expressed about oaths.

Mainecoons
06-10-2013, 02:11 PM
Mind you, my post was addressing this mystical notion some of you have expressed about oaths.

Liberals believe in "situation oaths."

JimH52
06-10-2013, 02:16 PM
Hey Baghdad Jim, when your buddy Baghdad Bob told you that Saddam's secret police weren't torturing and killing people, you knew it was true, yes?

Now, the NSA is telling you that it isn't spying on you so that also must be true!

What is that old P.T. Barnum saw? Oh yeah, something about a sucker is born every minute.

It's your minute, Jimbo!

Let me know when you and Chris kick off your Sitcom. It should be a hit! I still recommend the mustache though.

Mainecoons
06-10-2013, 02:19 PM
I never realized until you showed up Jim that some people regard "I'm from the government and I'm here to help you" as a profound statement of truth rather than a joke.

JimH52
06-10-2013, 02:32 PM
I never realized until you showed up Jim that some people regard "I'm from the government and I'm here to help you" as a profound statement of truth rather than a joke.

There you go! You have your first script titled!

Common
06-10-2013, 02:33 PM

:pw::pw::pw::pw::pw::pw::lame::lame: