PDA

View Full Version : Trust

patrickt
06-10-2013, 07:11 AM
A simple question. Do you trust the current regime in Washington? I would like to point out that the question is not do you trust President Bush, President Clinton, President Bush, President Carter, President Nixon, President Johnson, President Kennedy, President Eisenhower, President Trumen, President Roosevelt, or ever President Lincoln so attempts at distraction will be quite clear.

Do you trust this regime when they say innocent people accidentally had their communications intercepted? Do you trust this government when they say the IRS spent less than $500,000 on parties, oops, conventions and we later learn it's more than $50,000,000? Do you trust the government when they say the information they collected illegally has been destroyed? Do you trust the government that illegally shares your responses to the IRS with others in and out of the government?

Just curious.

Mainecoons
06-10-2013, 07:15 AM
Absolutely not. What is different about this regime is that they have basically turned the shadow government loose on the American people. I lived in D.C. for 17 years, I knew many of these government bureaucrats, they were liberal and controlling to the core and just itching to get loose.

Well, now they are.

Welcome to 1984, America.

Chris
06-10-2013, 08:26 AM
But then I don't trust government period.

Mainecoons
06-10-2013, 08:31 AM
A must watch:

http://tv.naturalnews.com/v.asp?v=9988C0C07C1CF71E9ADE598760F70DA2

Chris
06-10-2013, 08:41 AM
Thanks!

A youtube version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNH9Uw-pzMI

Micketto
06-10-2013, 11:40 AM
Very few fully trust the current administration.

Every day there is a new reason not to.

Today's.. this morning's... reason:

http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/13634-Another-Day-Another-ScandalA

(http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/13634-Another-Day-Another-Scandal)

Aside from a few corrupt president's, they say this may end up being the most corrupt "administration" in history.

Adelaide
06-10-2013, 03:15 PM
I picked 50% - I think they'll lie, but I do think there are some limits.

Common
06-10-2013, 03:35 PM
I put 50% thats the exact same percentage I would put on every president ive known since I could vote. I put 50% only because they would be unable to hide the other 50% and they know it.
I dont not trust the govt to be on the level on many things and I never did and I dont blame them for everything either. I do not believe they are the devil incarnate and I do believe we need to the govt to an extent.

bladimz
06-10-2013, 03:59 PM
I only trust the government to say what they're told to say. As for different administrations, they all have their faults and villains. Some more than others.

In my opinion there has been none worse than "The" Dick Cheney.

Peter1469
06-10-2013, 04:36 PM
I put 50%. The admin has to toss some truth around to have stuff to point to showing they are truthful.

Mainecoons
06-10-2013, 05:07 PM
I only trust the government to say what they're told to say. As for different administrations, they all have their faults and villains. Some more than others.

In my opinion there has been none worse than "The" Dick Cheney.

When was he POTUS? I must have missed that.

I am hard put to pick Bush over Obama as worst or vice versa. This spying on Americans started with Bush. OTOH, it certainly seems the shadow government has run amuck under Obama. \

That's why I like Fourier's "Bush-Obama Administration" handle. Put the two together, America has never had worse leadership. Bush gives us the Patriot Act and that stupid war, Obama gives us "scandal of the day."

bladimz
06-10-2013, 05:31 PM
When was he POTUS? I must have missed that.

I am hard put to pick Bush over Obama as worst or vice versa. This spying on Americans started with Bush. OTOH, it certainly seems the shadow government has run amuck under Obama. \

That's why I like Fourier's "Bush-Obama Administration" handle. Put the two together, America has never had worse leadership. Bush gives us the Patriot Act and that stupid war, Obama gives us "scandal of the day."Re: Cheney... i was referring to any of the Pres/VP tag team officials.

It has become obvious to me that we don't have a word to say about what our government does. Not until "we" become mega-corporations.

darroll
06-10-2013, 07:16 PM
The current administration does not care if we trust them at all.
We return the known names back to Washington after every election.
It’s not quit being fat, it’s study who you are voting for.

Chris
06-10-2013, 07:22 PM
The current administration does not care if we trust them at all.
We return the known names back to Washington after every election.
It’s not quit being fat, it’s study who you are voting for.

Used to think that way. Now I think we're not offered viable candidates, none I can vote for, so I don't.

http://i.snag.gy/jRlPQ.jpg

ptif219
06-11-2013, 11:58 AM
I said 0. Fast and furios and Benghazi along with all the other scandals is proof

lynn
06-12-2013, 10:41 AM
There was an article today on Yahoo from a CT State politician which actually published the truth for a change. He stated that for a politician to get re-elected they must spend a great deal of time on fundraisers which parties only to the elite and the size of their checkbooks. However, those checks come with a price on what particular motive that the donor has in wanting news laws or changing existing laws usually with taxes that come due if the politician gets elected.

It is designed to cater and listen to the wealthy while the average Joe never gets a voice in the matter. Wealthy people could care less that their influence in politics creates obstacles for the masses that struggle to make a living each day. It begins with an unfair, manipulative manner to get in the door to win a government seat.

How can anyone trust them to govern the people when they must cater to the whims of the rich? They all have to lie and manipulate the truth to prevent the masses from wanting to revolt. Would anyone support the Iraq war if they knew the only reason why we went in there was to gain control of the oil so our oil companies could increase their profits? Would anyone support Obamacare if they knew that the only population they really only want to insure are people that are under 44 years of age and are currently employed and pay taxes for the sole purpose of increasing profit margins for the health insurance industry?

The list goes on and on of the BS that the media provides the masses of government activities and I would guess that 95% of it isn't based on the truth.

Cigar
06-12-2013, 10:45 AM
I don't Trust anyone I don't personally know ... :grin:

So what does trust have to do with it?

Chris
06-12-2013, 10:49 AM
I don't Trust anyone I don't personally know ... :grin:

So what does trust have to do with it?

Obama says, “If people can’t trust not only the executive branch but also don’t trust Congress and don’t trust federal judges to make sure that we’re abiding by the Constitution, due process and rule of law, then we’re going to have some problems here.”

That’s wrong. If the politicians’ only response to revelations that they’re violating our privacy is to ask for trust, then we already have problems.

@ http://sheldonfreeassociation.blogspot.com/2013/06/op-ed-obama-speaks-with-forked-tongue.html

Cigar
06-12-2013, 10:56 AM
@ http://sheldonfreeassociation.blogspot.com/2013/06/op-ed-obama-speaks-with-forked-tongue.html

After seeing everything that has gone on since "inauguration-night" of January 20009 ... I wouldn't trust any of those back-stabbing SOBs.

It's personal

Chris
06-12-2013, 10:57 AM
After seeing everything that has gone on since "inauguration-night" of January 20009 ... I wouldn't trust any of those back-stabbing SOBs.

It's personal

Too far in the future for me!

This spying has been going on at least since Truman.