PDA

View Full Version : Conservative Republican IRS Managers and TeaParty Scandals

bladimz
06-11-2013, 12:14 PM
This should pretty much exonerate the Obama administration of any involvement in this IRS scandal. (http://atlantablackstar.com/2013/06/10/congressional-investigation-finds-a-republic-irs/)

Congressional Probe Finds Republican IRS Manager Behind Tea Party Scandal

While the Obama administration has been shaken by the revelation that an IRS office in Cincinnati singled out tea party-affiliated groups for special scrutiny on their tax-exempt status applications, the IRS manager responsible is a self-described conservative Republican, according to statements he made to congressional investigators.

Rep. Elijah Cummings, a Maryland Democrat and staunch Obama supporter, revealed that the IRS manager said he and an underling set aside “tea party” and “patriot” groups because the organizations appeared to pose a precedent that could affect future IRS filings.

Cummings, who is the top Democrat on the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, which is overseeing the probe, said on CNN’s State of the Union that the manager’s comments and political affiliation prove that politics and the White House had nothing to do with the scandal.
http://atlantablackstar.com/2013/06/10/congressional-investigation-finds-a-republic-irs/

People clamored for the "truth" and it looks like it's been found.

Chris
06-11-2013, 12:24 PM
Interesting find. But it doesn't clear up the scandal. Given rep old boy and tea party disdain for each other it was still political and not something the fourth branch of government should engage in.

bladimz
06-11-2013, 12:27 PM
Oh it's still a problem alright. But there are a lot of people out there who are going to be mighty disappointed to find out that the current administration was very likely not involved.

Micketto
06-11-2013, 12:29 PM
So a minority owned and ran blog is protecting the minority party & President?

Interesting.

Tell us more!

Chris
06-11-2013, 12:51 PM
Oh it's still a problem alright. But there are a lot of people out there who are going to be mighty disappointed to find out that the current administration was very likely not involved.

Agree. The fourth branch of govt is out of control. Obama found out only after reading it in the news.

jillian
06-11-2013, 01:27 PM
This should pretty much exonerate the Obama administration of any involvement in this IRS scandal. (http://atlantablackstar.com/2013/06/10/congressional-investigation-finds-a-republic-irs/)

but.... but.... but.... that isn't the truth they wanted.

Micketto
06-11-2013, 01:46 PM
Lol...

Washington-based IRS lawyer Carter C. Hull, a registered Democrat, had instructed Cincinnati-based IRS employee Elizabeth Hofacre to target tea party groups and provided her a copy of a letter he wrote to a conservative group requesting additional information in an audit.

Oh... so it wasn't a "Conservative Republican" ?!

Cummings, who did not name the “conservative Republican” in his letter, later said that Issa’s investigation into potential White House wrongdoing is based on “wild accusations” in an interview (http://www.nbcnews.com/id/45755884/vp/52125964#52125964) with MSNBC host Al Sharpton.

“Based upon everything I’ve seen, the case is solved. And if it were me, I would wrap this case up and move on, to be frank with you,” Cummings said on CNN (http://www.nationalmemo.com/elijah-cummings-slams-darrell-issa-declares-irs-case-solved/) Sunday.

"The case is solved, let's move on".... of course he wants it to be. Obama is looking bad. ; )

bladimz
06-11-2013, 03:05 PM
Lol...

Oh... so it wasn't a "Conservative Republican" ?!

"The case is solved, let's move on".... of course he wants it to be. Obama is looking bad. ; )

You're required to provide links when quoting information from other on-line sources. It's a requirement of this site, it lends some authenticity to your supporting quotes. Just saying...

TheInternet
06-11-2013, 03:14 PM
HAHAHAHA!! its been SOLVED says the non-biased, no dog in this fight Elijah Cummings. HAHA. Good one!

But the notion that the targeting was directed by low-level employees Cincinnati has been refuted on multiple fronts. A number of conservative groups that asked about the status of their applications, for example, were told (http://www.nationalreview.com/article/348333/irs%E2%80%99s-liberal-dragnet) that the Cincinnati office was awaiting guidance from officials in Washington, D.C.
Employees in the Cincinnati office made (http://www.nationalreview.com/article/350293/they-werent-rogue-agents-andrew-stiles) clear (http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324069104578527713122409302.html) to members of the House Oversight Committee that they received direction from the Exempt Organizations Technical Unit in Washington. One employee said that he began compiling application from tea-party groups after being told that “Washington, D.C., wanted some cases.” Another complained of “being micromanaged to death” by her superiors in Washington, and said the notion that a couple of rogue agents were responsible was “absurd” and “could never happen.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/350595/five-irs-scandal-myths-andrew-stiles

BB-35
06-11-2013, 03:26 PM

Has it? really?....It doesn't run 'uphill' for a reason...

bladimz
06-11-2013, 03:26 PM
(from the same link as the one in the OP):

Cummings said he will release a full transcript of the committee’s interviews with IRS officials this week if the panel’s Republican chairman, Rep. Darrell Issa of California, does not.

Despite Cummings’ revelation, Issa has released his own excerpts of IRS employee interviews and has said they suggest that the extra scrutiny given to tea party groups originated in Washington and had political motivations.Excerpts versus Full Transcript: which would you prefer?

Issa is a hack with a nice little rap sheet of his own.

Micketto
06-11-2013, 04:00 PM
You're required to provide links when quoting information from other on-line sources. It's a requirement of this site, it lends some authenticity to your supporting quotes. Just saying...

I have no interest in what your rules are, or in trying to convince you of anything I post.

The quotes are more legit than your link, and I find them quite funny.

Mainecoons
06-11-2013, 05:17 PM
I wouldn't jump to conclusions here, Blad, particularly when dealing with Cummings. Your bias is showing when you seem to believe he's any better than Issa or the rest of those clowns in D.C.

I don't think Obama knew about it. He's so busy vacationing and flying around campaigning and making speeches, he really can't be bothered with being the real head of government. He leaves that task to his cadre of imported Chicago thugs.

Chris
06-11-2013, 05:57 PM
but.... but.... but.... that isn't the truth they wanted.

Who is this "they"? Am I among your "they". Can't be since I accept the finding. Could you be clearer what you're saying?

bladimz
06-11-2013, 06:32 PM
I wouldn't jump to conclusions here, Blad, particularly when dealing with Cummings. Your bias is showing when you seem to believe he's any better than Issa or the rest of those clowns in D.C.

I don't think Obama knew about it. He's so busy vacationing and flying around campaigning and making speeches, he really can't be bothered with being the real head of government. He leaves that task to his cadre of imported Chicago thugs.You're right about all that. None of them is really trust-worthy. I'd like to believe that some are stand-up guys, but they aren't, really. I used to actually believe in the two-party system...

http://pleated-jeans.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/when-the-teacher-says-you-cant-write-the-essay-the-day-before-its-due.gif

Mainecoons
06-11-2013, 06:35 PM
Me too. No more.

Chris
06-11-2013, 06:41 PM
I still like to think there's one or two standouts in the crowd of lousy politicians but grow more and more cynical.

Dr. Who
06-11-2013, 07:04 PM
Micketto, flagrant dismissal of rules will lead to infraction

TheInternet
06-11-2013, 08:06 PM

I don't think Obama knew about it. He's so busy vacationing and flying around campaigning and making speeches, he really can't be bothered with being the real head of government. He leaves that task to his cadre of imported Chicago thugs.

Good post. I agree Issa is also a POS.

I don't know if this goes back to Obama or not. There's no facts that support that.

I still think Obama is to blame, to some degree. He appoints people to do his work for him. He doesn't directly tell them to engage in this shit, bc he doesn't have to. He's a Chicago thug politician, people appointed by him know how he operates.

Chris
06-11-2013, 08:31 PM
Which is worse, he knew about it and did nothing, or he did nothing and knew nothing?

Ravi
06-12-2013, 05:24 AM
There should be more scrutiny of these groups, not less. In fact, political activist groups should not be funded by taxpayers.

jillian
06-12-2013, 05:27 AM
There should be more scrutiny of these groups, not less. In fact, political activist groups should not be funded by taxpayers.

they need to do away with 501(c)(4) corps.

until then, the IRS needs to stop applying its own interpretation and apply the law which says NO POLITICAL ACTIVITY.

zelmo1234
06-12-2013, 06:46 AM

I actually never thought that it would find it's way to the Whitehouse. I just want to make barn sure that it never happens again! The only way that these scandals are going to stop coming up, is for govenrment to get smaller and less powerful. As we run out of money this will happen!

but the most important part is for neasures to be put into place so that groups can't be targeted on political or religious beliefs.

zelmo1234
06-12-2013, 06:49 AM
Agree. The fourth branch of govt is out of control. Obama found out only after reading it in the news.

I really hope that this is not true. As their were internal investigations long before this came out in the news.

If it is ture that he found out reading it in the paper, we have a lot more problems than the IRS scandels

zelmo1234
06-12-2013, 07:00 AM
Which is worse, he knew about it and did nothing, or he did nothing and knew nothing?

It really does put the true Obama believers in a hard palce with all of these scandels.

Either he is just another thug politician form Chicago, that is trying to force his agenda by hook or crook?

Or the smartest President that has ever been is totally incompatent, becasue he knows nothing!

It will be hard for them to have this one both ways!

zelmo1234
06-12-2013, 07:06 AM

until then, the IRS needs to stop applying its own interpretation and apply the law which says NO POLITICAL ACTIVITY.

This is not going to happen because the get out the vote tents are prized by poth parties.

The way to stop this is to get the money out of politics by ending the endless election cycles. by early fall we will have nothing but talk of the Senate and House races. just after the congress is elected, those that will be running for President will start their election bids.

If we were to set national election days for the primary and elections and limit the time for advertizing to 3 months before the elections you woudl cut the need for million and billions of dollars, and reduce the influence of big money on laws and policies in government

patrickt
06-12-2013, 07:07 AM

Truth is such an easy thing for liberals. IRS agents are in trouble for targeting conservative groups, which as been established as having happened, and one manager in question said, well, golly shucks I'm a conservative Republican.

And, Blad buys it. Even if he is, it's meaningless. A conservative Republican can be just as slimy as a left-wing liberal if he works for the IRS.

Micketto
06-12-2013, 07:19 AM
Micketto, flagrant dismissal of rules will lead to infraction

I can't dismiss rules I don't read. You want to claim I broke one then show me the rule I broke.

You can't.

Btw, pink boxes make you look gay.... especially the big ones.

Chris
06-12-2013, 08:14 AM

So you desire to stifle dissent?

Chris
06-12-2013, 08:21 AM
It really does put the true Obama believers in a hard palce with all of these scandels.

Either he is just another thug politician form Chicago, that is trying to force his agenda by hook or crook?

Or the smartest President that has ever been is totally incompatent, becasue he knows nothing!

It will be hard for them to have this one both ways!

It would be interesting to see his apologists take the bull by the horns...

http://i.snag.gy/q66W6.jpg

Let's siesta while we wait as it won't be anytime soon.

Ravi
06-12-2013, 08:25 AM
So you desire to stifle dissent?

No, but thanks for stopping by with your strawman.

Chris
06-12-2013, 08:26 AM
No, but thanks for stopping by with your strawman.

I was asking. So what do you call "here should be more scrutiny of these groups, not less. In fact, political activist groups should not be funded by taxpayers." if not stifling?

TheInternet
06-12-2013, 08:46 AM

Thats not what the law says.

501(c)(4) organizations may inform the public on controversial subjects and attempt to influence legislation relevant to its program[37] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/501(c)_organization#cite_note-37)and, unlike 501(c)(3) organizations, they may also participate in political campaigns and elections, as long as its primary activity is the promotion of social welfare.[38] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/501(c)_organization#cite_note-38) The tax exemption for 501(c)(4) organizations applies to most of their operations, but contributions may be subject to gift tax, and income spent on political activities - generally the advocacy of a particular candidate in an election - is taxable.[39] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/501(c)_organization#cite_note-39)

Chris
06-12-2013, 08:47 AM
Thats not what the law says.

Apparently though that's what jillian and marie want to do away with. I'm trying to find out why.

nic34
06-12-2013, 09:03 AM
I can't dismiss rules I don't read. You want to claim I broke one then show me the rule I broke.

You can't.

Btw, pink boxes make you look gay.... especially the big ones.

And true to form, you're a bigoted ass....

Micketto
06-12-2013, 09:19 AM
And true to form, you're a bigoted ass....

I'd ask how.... but I can't bring myself to care.

Luckily Dr. Who would never threaten you for calling names or breaking other rules though.
You being the lefty that he is, and all.... albeit a much angrier version.

Mainecoons
06-12-2013, 09:26 AM
Apparently though that's what jillian and marie want to do away with. I'm trying to find out why.

You don't really believe they bothered to look up what the law actually says, do you?

Adelaide
06-12-2013, 11:50 AM
Micketto has been banned from this thread

jillian
06-12-2013, 12:39 PM
This is not going to happen because the get out the vote tents are prized by poth parties.

The way to stop this is to get the money out of politics by ending the endless election cycles. by early fall we will have nothing but talk of the Senate and House races. just after the congress is elected, those that will be running for President will start their election bids.

If we were to set national election days for the primary and elections and limit the time for advertizing to 3 months before the elections you woudl cut the need for million and billions of dollars, and reduce the influence of big money on laws and policies in government

except that the law is what it is.

if they want to change the law, they can.

and people will still be able to fundraise, within FEC rules and won't be able to do it tax free.

i'm ok with that. frankly, i think all money sould be taken out of politics.

but that's not happening absent a constitutional amendment or a new court.

jillian
06-12-2013, 12:44 PM
You don't really believe they bothered to look up what the law actually says, do you?

really?

funny, because i've already linked it for chris on another thread.

he's just very selective in his comprehension and only "understands" things that confirm his biases.

feel free to read 26 USC 401(c)(4)

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/26/501

then get back to me.

i even gave you the link... not that you'll bother.

or you can continue to troll every thread relentlessly, no matter what.

no skin off of my nose either way.

Mainecoons
06-12-2013, 12:55 PM
Good, now address this specifically and cite where the law you posted does not agree with it:

501(c)(4) organizations may inform the public on controversial subjects and attempt to influence legislation relevant to its program[37] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/501(c)_organization#cite_note-37)and, unlike 501(c)(3) organizations, they may also participate in political campaigns and elections, as long as its primary activity is the promotion of social welfare.[38] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/501(c)_organization#cite_note-38) The tax exemption for 501(c)(4) organizations applies to most of their operations, but contributions may be subject to gift tax, and income spent on political activities - generally the advocacy of a particular candidate in an election - is taxable.[39] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/501(c)_organization#cite_note-39)

jillian
06-12-2013, 12:56 PM
Good, now address this specifically and cite where the law you posted does not agree with it:

[/SUP]

why would i address that.

what is it linked to?

jillian
06-12-2013, 12:58 PM

what is it linked to?

i assume that's the IRS directive...

which doesn't comport with the law.

here's a hint... law comes first. the irs directive needs to be changed to accurately reflect it.

btw, the law says EXCLUSIVELY not primarily.

which is what the IRS personnel were TOLD during the hearings.

don't bother giving me unlinked things anymore, btw. you aren't a very credible source.

Ravi
06-12-2013, 12:58 PM
What wiki isn't telling you is that the IRS is interpreting the law as it sees fit. In other words, they are granting much more leeway to teapee groups than they actually should.

jillian
06-12-2013, 01:00 PM
What wiki isn't telling you is that the IRS is interpreting the law as it sees fit. In other words, they are granting much more leeway to teapee groups than they actually should.

wiki?

lol.. i gave him even more credit than i should have. lol

Mainecoons
06-12-2013, 01:00 PM

what is it linked to?

The references are embedded. Click on them.

If you think it incorrect, show us exactly where in the law it is negated.

Mainecoons
06-12-2013, 01:01 PM

Source? Or just more opinion?

Ravi
06-12-2013, 01:04 PM
Source? Or just more opinion?

You really should look outside the box you've placed yourself in.

Agravan
06-12-2013, 01:40 PM

if they want to change the law, they can.

and people will still be able to fundraise, within FEC rules and won't be able to do it tax free.

i'm ok with that. frankly, i think all money sould be taken out of politics.

but that's not happening absent a constitutional amendment or a new court.

When you mention taking money out of politics, are you only concerned with Citizens United or do you include Unions in with that statement?

Chris
06-12-2013, 01:53 PM

The law is what was cited in post #34.

Chris
06-12-2013, 01:55 PM

what is it linked to?

Shown the law again you deny it.

That's not even good legal positivism.

Chris
06-12-2013, 01:58 PM

Nice insulting remark, marie, but faced with the fact the law allows what you dislike, you introduce an enormous problem, the the IRS decides how to interpret the law. Who has granted it the authority to do so?

Cigar
06-12-2013, 02:01 PM
http://images.politico.com/global/2013/06/11/130611_cartoon2_605.jpg
http://media.cagle.com/17/2013/06/11/133032_600.jpg

Sorry ... I couldn't resist the irony

Chris
06-12-2013, 02:06 PM
Do you understand how the metadata is created and how it is used, cigar?

Cigar
06-12-2013, 02:10 PM
Do you understand how the metadata is created and how it is used, cigar?

More than you ever want to know about content.

Who do you think is producing more? Government or Private Corporations?

Chris
06-12-2013, 02:15 PM
More than you ever want to know about content.

Who do you think is producing more? Government or Private Corporations?

Hard to say. But the metadata is the key to the content.

Cigar
06-12-2013, 02:19 PM
Hard to say. But the metadata is the key to the content.

HINT: Who has more Oracle Licenses ... Government or Private Corporations.

Metadata management ain't easy without management software.