PDA

View Full Version : Boehner: House Will Approve Payroll Taxcut Bill.....

MMC
12-12-2011, 11:02 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/boehner-house-approve-payroll-tax-cut-bill-223755555.html
AP – 1 hr 51 mins ago.....

WASHINGTON (AP) — House Speaker John Boehner predicted Monday that the House will approve legislation that renews a payroll tax cut and curtails extra benefits for the long-term unemployed.
The House is expected to approve the roughly $180 billion measure on Tuesday. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., has said the bill will go nowhere in the Senate, citing a provision all but forcing President Barack Obama to move ahead quickly with a controversial oil pipeline that would run from Canada to Texas.

Senate Democrats' version of the bill pays its costs largely by boosting taxes on the wealthy. Republicans prefer freezing federal workers pay and other spending cuts.
The House legislation would continue the Social Security payroll tax that workers pay at 4.2 percent in 2012, the same as this year. That tax is normally 6.2 percent, but was temporarily cut in a bid to spur the economy. The reduction means an extra $1,000 in the wallets of families earning $50,000 annually.

The Democrats' Senate bill, which that chamber has already rejected, would drop the payroll tax to 3.1 percent next year and provide employers with similar reductions, as Obama has proposed.
If Congress takes no action by Jan. 1, the payroll tax will return to 6.2 percent. Congress is hoping to adjourn for the year before Christmas.....snip~

It also cuts employment benefits down to 59 weeks from 99. Plus it would cut medicare reinbursements to docotors. Yet no sooner as Beohner came out with this announcment Reid chimed in saying it was going nowheres. Once again seems the Pols are looking to go home for Christmas. U-know take another holiday with all the othrs they took.

These guys have no plans on working together. They would rather strip us of our rights as long as they still get to play aristocrat. Time for the people to start getting off into these pols faces. When all other recourses are done. There will only be one alternative left to use upon them all. Unfortunately.....it will mean violence.

wingrider
12-13-2011, 12:11 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/boehner-house-approve-payroll-tax-cut-bill-223755555.html
AP – 1 hr 51 mins ago.....

WASHINGTON (AP) — House Speaker John Boehner predicted Monday that the House will approve legislation that renews a payroll tax cut and curtails extra benefits for the long-term unemployed.
The House is expected to approve the roughly $180 billion measure on Tuesday. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., has said the bill will go nowhere in the Senate, citing a provision all but forcing President Barack Obama to move ahead quickly with a controversial oil pipeline that would run from Canada to Texas.

Senate Democrats' version of the bill pays its costs largely by boosting taxes on the wealthy. Republicans prefer freezing federal workers pay and other spending cuts.
The House legislation would continue the Social Security payroll tax that workers pay at 4.2 percent in 2012, the same as this year. That tax is normally 6.2 percent, but was temporarily cut in a bid to spur the economy. The reduction means an extra $1,000 in the wallets of families earning $50,000 annually.

The Democrats' Senate bill, which that chamber has already rejected, would drop the payroll tax to 3.1 percent next year and provide employers with similar reductions, as Obama has proposed.
If Congress takes no action by Jan. 1, the payroll tax will return to 6.2 percent. Congress is hoping to adjourn for the year before Christmas.....snip~

It also cuts employment benefits down to 59 weeks from 99. Plus it would cut medicare reinbursements to docotors. Yet no sooner as Beohner came out with this announcment Reid chimed in saying it was going nowheres. Once again seems the Pols are looking to go home for Christmas. U-know take another holiday with all the othrs they took.

These guys have no plans on working together. They would rather strip us of our rights as long as they still get to play aristocrat. Time for the people to start getting off into these pols faces. When all other recourses are done. There will only be one alternative left to use upon them all. Unfortunately.....it will mean violence.
lets see if I got this right,, Boehner proposes a bill that will help out the working stiff by puting a few more dollars in their pockets each week, will freeze payroll for the government worker, and extends the SS cut for another year and Reid says No!!!! can anyone lay thier hands on a bunker buster,, ??

MMC
12-13-2011, 12:31 AM
And it would prevent a 27 percent cut in Medicare reimbursements to doctors next year, a reduction that could prompt some physicians to stop serving Medicare patients. It would instead increase their Medicare payments by 1 percent each of the next two years.....

According to Reid thats not enough. I figure its because they can't stick their hands into that cookie jar. All talk about Romney being a Mormon and whatnot. But no one says anything about this.....:douchebag:

waltky
10-28-2012, 02:44 AM
Payroll tax cut is a shell game because it ends up cutting tax refund at end of year, ya still owe the same tax but less withholding tax has been withheld...
:angry:
White House seeking a replacement for payroll tax cut that ends in January
WASHINGTON, Oct. 27,`12 (UPI) -- The White House Saturday denied a report it is looking for an alternative tax break to stimulate the U.S. economy after payroll tax cuts expire in December.

The Washington Post reported the tax break would be designed to provide about the same amount of relief -- $400 for individuals per year and $800 for married couples -- that was provided by the policy that lowered the payroll tax from 6.2 percent to 4.2 percent. "The report is not correct," White House spokesman Josh Earnest told reporters traveling on Air Force One Saturday. "The administration is not contemplating at this time a tax cut as the way that it's described in the Post." Earnest said President Barack Obama is committed to middle class tax cuts but he declined to discuss negotiations or whether something other than what the Post described is in the works.

Economists say payroll tax breaks have immediate effects on the economy, giving increased consumer spending power to those who earn relatively lower wages. In addition the increased take-home pay is ongoing, which prolongs the stimulative effect. Rep. Chris Van Hollen, D-Md., has pushed for an extension of the payroll tax break. "If we're going to look at anything, we should look at a payroll tax cut or other measures that have a similar effect," Van Hollen said. A White House official said Friday there was "no specific new proposal such as this one at this time."

For the long term, President Barack Obama has proposed extending the Bush era tax cuts for households making under $250,000 per year. Without passage of that proposal, the U.S. budget would go over the so-called fiscal cliff, which has become the popular name for a series of tax hikes and spending cuts that would automatically go into effect Jan. 1 if Congress does not intervene. Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney has said he would drop income tax by 20 percent across the board and make up the lost revenue by closing loopholes, but he has not identified which deductions he would eliminate.

Read more: http://www.upi.com/Business_News/2012/10/27/White-House-seeking-a-replacement-for-payroll-tax-cut-that-ends-in-January/UPI-73271351355256/#ixzz2AZpqqOid

ptif219
10-28-2012, 07:33 AM
Reid and the democrats in the Senate are the obstructionist party

coolwalker
10-30-2012, 03:36 PM
There is only one answer to our tax problems...one...National Sales Tax. That way everyone pays...crooks, illegals, wealthy, poor, everyone including foreign tourists. No deductions, no Loop-Holes, just an over-the-counter tax.

Captain Obvious
10-30-2012, 03:58 PM
There is only one answer to our tax problems...one...National Sales Tax. That way everyone pays...crooks, illegals, wealthy, poor, everyone including foreign tourists. No deductions, no Loop-Holes, just an over-the-counter tax.

So the wealthy who spend a much smaller portion of their overall earnings on stuff pay a lower percentage of tax.

No thanks, but I'm sure wealthy ass-kissing RWNJ's everywhere would love a plan that causes them to pay a greater portion of the tax burden than wealthy people, which is pretty much what we have now anyway.

coolwalker
10-30-2012, 04:04 PM
So the wealthy who spend a much smaller portion of their overall earnings on stuff pay a lower percentage of tax.

No thanks, but I'm sure wealthy ass-kissing RWNJ's everywhere would love a plan that causes them to pay a greater portion of the tax burden than wealthy people, which is pretty much what we have now anyway.
I buy a 30K car...the wealthy buy a 200K car. I buy a 100 dollar coat, they buy a 5,000 dollar coat...my shoes cost 125 theirs cost 1000 dollars...and on and on. I go camping on vacation, they buy a yacht. It would equal out.

Morningstar
10-30-2012, 04:09 PM
I buy a 30K car...the wealthy buy a 200K car. I buy a 100 dollar coat, they buy a 5,000 dollar coat...my shoes cost 125 theirs cost 1000 dollars...and on and on. I go camping on vacation, they buy a yacht. It would equal out.

It doesn't work like that. At all.

Forget about that idea.

coolwalker
10-30-2012, 04:27 PM
It doesn't work like that. At all.

Forget about that idea.Really? What product or service would be exempt from taxes? Our nation takes in trillions each year...a 6-10% flat sales tax with no taxes being taken out of your pay check would make every swingin' dick pay taxes. No one would be exempt. The wealthy throw lavish parties that cost many times hundreds of thousands of dollars...I have a backyard bar-b-que for my friends and spend a hundred bucks. The coke dealer would spend his ill-gotten gains and guess what...pay taxes that he doesn't currently.

Morningstar
10-30-2012, 04:33 PM
Really? What product or service would be exempt from taxes? Our nation takes in trillions each year...a 6-10% flat sales tax with no taxes being taken out of your pay check would make every swingin' dick pay taxes. No one would be exempt. The wealthy throw lavish parties that cost many times hundreds of thousands of dollars...I have a backyard bar-b-que for my friends and spend a hundred bucks. The coke dealer would spend his ill-gotten gains and guess what...pay taxes that he doesn't currently.
Most of Bill Gates' money isn't spent on yachts and parties.

Most of it is invested.

And furthermore, I just don't believe that poor people should pay any form of income tax. I don't even like middle class people paying much of an income tax.

I like the idea of taxes being collected after a point where it doesn't matter anymore, as far as maintaining a high quality of life.

I think the Bush tax rates are fantastic, as regards earned income. But I think that they should tax so-called "unearned income" at the same rates, the way they used to.

coolwalker
10-30-2012, 04:45 PM
Smaller government, flat sales tax on goods and services. I stand by that. It's the loop-holes that give rich individuals a leg up. The income tax originally was a flat 3% of your earnings. Congress changed that for some unknown reason to include loop-holes (for their rich friends who sponsor them I guess).

Morningstar
10-30-2012, 04:46 PM
Furthermore, coolwalker, I have been poor at times in my life.

In my adult life, the poorest I ever was was while I was trying to get a small business (sole proprietorship) off the ground.

I wasn't paying many income taxes in those years, and thank God, or I'd have been in big trouble. I wasn't making much, and I had deductions galore.

But a sales tax would have gotten that 6-10%, and I don't know if I could have weathered that.

Peter1469
10-30-2012, 06:10 PM
Most of Bill Gates' money isn't spent on yachts and parties.

Most of it is invested.

And furthermore, I just don't believe that poor people should pay any form of income tax. I don't even like middle class people paying much of an income tax.

I like the idea of taxes being collected after a point where it doesn't matter anymore, as far as maintaining a high quality of life.

I think the Bush tax rates are fantastic, as regards earned income. But I think that they should tax so-called "unearned income" at the same rates, the way they used to.

But if you own you own business you first pay the corporate tax rate, and then the personal income tax rate.

Morningstar
10-30-2012, 06:42 PM
But if you own you own business you first pay the corporate tax rate, and then the personal income tax rate.
A) Only if it is organized as a corporation

B) Doesn't the S-Corp solve the double taxation problem?

Peter1469
10-30-2012, 07:31 PM
A) Only if it is organized as a corporation

B) Doesn't the S-Corp solve the double taxation problem?

Yes. But that wasn't applicable to Mitt.

ptif219
11-01-2012, 06:09 PM

They spend more and buy higher priced stuff so will still pay the most taxes as they do now

Captain Obvious
11-01-2012, 06:11 PM
They spend more and buy higher priced stuff so will still pay the most taxes as they do now

Not as a percentage of overall earnings though, that was the point.

Morningstar
11-01-2012, 07:17 PM

Nope.

Morningstar
11-01-2012, 07:18 PM
It's just idiotic. Why do we want poor people paying income taxes? So we can turn around and send it back to them?

ptif219
11-02-2012, 06:36 AM
Not as a percentage of overall earnings though, that was the point.

Amount not percentage is what matters. More liberal BS to tax people more. Liberals need to learn how to cut spending and pass a budget and stick to the budget

ptif219
11-02-2012, 06:37 AM
It's just idiotic. Why do we want poor people paying income taxes? So we can turn around and send it back to them?

Why is it so many pay no tax. Everyone must pay

Morningstar
11-02-2012, 06:26 PM
Why is it so many pay no tax. Everyone must pay

No!

That was the whole idea of the Bush tax cuts. Tax relief!

WTF?!?

Morningstar
11-02-2012, 06:28 PM
They pay no taxes because of a combination of the Bush tax cuts and a poor economy.

Assuming you are a conservative, why would you ever want more people paying more taxes?!?

Morningstar
11-02-2012, 06:33 PM
You can't support the Bush tax cuts, on one hand, and then bitch about a lot of people not paying taxes, on the other.

They go hand in hand! Why do so many not grasp this?!?

Calypso Jones
11-02-2012, 06:39 PM
You can't support the Bush tax cuts, on one hand, and then bitch about a lot of people not paying taxes, on the other.

So you want to tax these people not paying taxes right now? Maybe we can work something out.

Morningstar
11-02-2012, 06:41 PM
So you want to tax these people not paying taxes right now? Maybe we can work something out.

No, I don't want to.

Calypso Jones
11-02-2012, 06:43 PM
Oh. so you want to continue to let them pay no tax and you want to increase the taxes on about 400 people and you think that's gonna take care of our national debt.

Morningstar
11-02-2012, 06:45 PM
Oh. so you want to continue to let them pay no tax and you want to increase the taxes on about 400 people and you think that's gonna take care of our national debt.

I believe I highlighted what I'd like to see earlier in the thread.

Don't put words in my mouth. I'm an individual, not your idea of some enemy.

Morningstar
11-02-2012, 06:46 PM

Do you want to continue the Bush tax cuts?

Calypso Jones
11-02-2012, 06:48 PM
absolutely. For everyone. Or. I'd settle for some tax reform if it involved a flat tax.

Calypso Jones
11-02-2012, 06:49 PM
I believe I highlighted what I'd like to see earlier in the thread.

Don't put words in my mouth. I'm an individual, not your idea of some enemy.

I'm not quite sure about that yet.

Morningstar
11-02-2012, 06:53 PM
absolutely. For everyone. Or. I'd settle for some tax reform if it involved a flat tax.

Well, then you want 47% to pay no taxes. That's how this works.

Calypso Jones
11-02-2012, 07:01 PM
no it doesn't. Now either you want these lower incomes to continue to pay no taxes in which case all americans can keep the tax cuts

or you WANT them to pay taxes.

Morningstar
11-02-2012, 07:06 PM
no it doesn't. Now either you want these lower incomes to continue to pay no taxes in which case all americans can keep the tax cuts

or you WANT them to pay taxes.

Ok. Now it seems you have it.

I think?

Morningstar
11-02-2012, 07:08 PM
I want all Americans to keep the rates and deductions they currently enjoy.

But I want unearned income to fall under those brackets, as it used to.

And then we can discuss eliminating the Corporate Tax altogether.

ptif219
11-04-2012, 10:01 PM
No!

That was the whole idea of the Bush tax cuts. Tax relief!

WTF?!?

Those that pay no taxes can not get relief

ptif219
11-04-2012, 10:03 PM
They pay no taxes because of a combination of the Bush tax cuts and a poor economy.

Assuming you are a conservative, why would you ever want more people paying more taxes?!?

Why should a small percentage of the country pay most of the taxes. All should pay taxes

ptif219
11-04-2012, 10:04 PM

There are no longer any Bush tax cuts they were set to expire. They are now the Obama tax cuts since signed them to an extension

Tax cuts do not mean not paying any tax

ptif219
11-04-2012, 10:05 PM

I want all income taxed or change the system. A system change is whats needed

ptif219
11-04-2012, 10:07 PM
Do you want to continue the Bush tax cuts?

There are no Bush tax cuts there are Obama tax cuts