PDA

View Full Version : Former GOP Governor supports Democratic nominee in Virginia

JimH52
06-15-2013, 07:22 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/first-republican-va-governor-holton-supports-democrat-mcauliffe-in-this-years-governor-race/2013/06/14/4e27be96-d512-11e2-b3a2-3bf5eb37b9d0_story.html

The Tea Party has slipped one of their extreme loons into the process. Expect more Repubs to come out for the Democrat.

Polt
06-15-2013, 07:27 PM
That's funny, the GOP is been drifting leftward for years but the moron (liar) liberal columnist says the GOP has shifted rightward.

The GOP establishment prefers Democrats to conservatives in office.

JimH52
06-15-2013, 07:33 PM
That's funny, the GOP is been drifting leftward for years but the moron (liar) liberal columnist says the GOP has shifted rightward.

The GOP establishment prefers Democrats to conservatives in office.

The Tea Party has been dragging the GOP to the right for years. You should have noticed that. The GOP has lost control of the Senate in, at least, two of the last three election cycles primarily because of the Tea Party...or Baggers as I prefer to call them, forced the GOP to nominate loons. It may get even worse in the coming elections. The only reason that the GOP is holding on to the House is the Gerrymandering they performed after the 2010 Census. But that also will soon be slipping away.

patrickt
06-15-2013, 07:47 PM
Jim, it just looks that way to those on the far-left.

JimH52
06-15-2013, 08:46 PM
Patrick, you seem to be the one that is clueless...

http://www.policymic.com/articles/24766/karl-rove-takes-on-the-tea-party-to-save-the-gop-from-itself

Karl Rove has founded a new group designed not to beat Democrats, but to destroy a wing of his own coalition: the Tea Party.
The newly-formed Conservative Victory Project, an "offshoot" of Rove's American Crossroads super PAC, is designed to pump big money into local congressional primaries and prevent Tea Party-endorsed candidates from scoring Senate nominations. Tea Party nominees have lost some embarrassing and high-profile Senate races, including Todd Akin in Missouri, Richard Mourdock in Indiana, Sharron Angle in Nevada, and Christine O'Donnell in Delaware.

Peter1469
06-15-2013, 10:04 PM
Without the Tea Party(ies) the GOP would be democrats.

Ransom
06-15-2013, 10:24 PM
The Tea Party has been dragging the GOP to the right for years. You should have noticed that. The GOP has lost control of the Senate in, at least, two of the last three election cycles primarily because of the Tea Party...or Baggers as I prefer to call them, forced the GOP to nominate loons. It may get even worse in the coming elections. The only reason that the GOP is holding on to the House is the Gerrymandering they performed after the 2010 Census. But that also will soon be slipping away.

What are these Tea Party beliefs that you oppose so much?

TheInternet
06-16-2013, 02:03 AM

Knock off the bullshit lies.

The tea party was started in 2009. Let's do some counting. The elections after that were 2010, and 2012. I got that as a total of two election cycles. I know libs generally aren't good with numbers, but counting that as three is pretty pathetic. This proves, beyond the shadow of a doubt that your claim is false. You can't lose two of three if there are only two elections total.

The GOP couldn't have "lost control of the senate". Why? They didn't have control of the senate to begin with. After the 08 elections, the Dems held 56 senate seats. This proves, beyond the shadow of a doubt that your claim is false.

09: enter tea party. 2010 election results: GOP picks up six seats. 2012: down two. That's 1-1, not 2-1.

Do any of you liberal clowns actually have a clue as to what you're talking about? Facts matter.

Mainecoons
06-16-2013, 07:11 AM
Patrick, you seem to be the one that is clueless...

http://www.policymic.com/articles/24766/karl-rove-takes-on-the-tea-party-to-save-the-gop-from-itself

Jim, you keep citing Republicrats as if you are proving anything but the point we've been trying to drill into your dense skull. The Republican establishment are just Democrat Lite. Exhibit 1 is the 8 years of Bush. Exhibit 2 is how they are all lining up with the left to justify the bloated, out of control government they all created jointly, spying on us. And that last one includes you.

The Tea Party is not the Republican Party. It is much more libertarian in nature. The Republican Party wants to grow government, spy on you, regulate your morals and deficit spend. They are just a slightly different version of the Democrats.

JimH52
06-16-2013, 08:04 AM
I am so glad you are sticking to your beliefs. That means that both the GOP and the TEA BAGGERS will go down at the same time. I cannot believe you are so dense to believe that dogma, stonewalling, and the refusal to govern will do anything for the country or your so called party. I think it is hilarious!:icon_bounce:

JimH52
06-16-2013, 08:07 AM
Where are you going to go when the gerrymandering no longer gives the GOP control of the House? I feel a sense of sorrow for you and your ignorance.

Mainecoons
06-16-2013, 08:09 AM
Look at your rhetoric and languaging. It speaks volumes as to your partisan hackmanship and total ignorance about what the Tea Party and libertarians support. You apparently feel so threatened by it you have to resort to name calling and the continual posting of partisan nonsense about viewpoints you clearly can't grasp.

zelmo1234
06-16-2013, 08:10 AM

The GOP won one of the biggest mid term elections in 2010 before the districts were changed??????????????

They have control of 30 state houses, and I beleive will take seats in the senate and house this mid term as well?

Not because they are doing a great job, but because this cycle favors them.

a look back at history shows that when republicans run moderates??? they loose! and that is what we ahve done in the past 2 presidential elections!

Mainecoons
06-16-2013, 08:15 AM
Bagdad Jim is frantic to try and convince Republicans to be more like Democrats. His constant rants on this topic demonstrate just how much he fears a resurgence of real conservatism in a political party that has become nothing more than Democrat Lite.

Ironically, having corrupted the majority of Americans to be dependents of government, he and his fellow leftists have little to fear from what is a small minority of Americans who realize that the Constitution has been trashed and that the country is on a road to ruin. I'll give this to Cigar, he understands it perfectly and loves to rub it in.

As for Bagdad Jim, remember that he who laughs last, laughs best. Your ideas are on a collision course with reality all over the western world. No amount of ranting is going to change the rush toward fiscal collapse that all of the government states of the west are on.

Mainecoons
06-16-2013, 12:33 PM
You are sounding very repetitious, Baghdad Jim. Out of ideas?

Or didn't have any to begin with?

:grin:

JimH52
06-16-2013, 12:52 PM
Maineboy, I am trying to help you see reality. If it were not for the Tea Party, the GOP would have control of the Senate right now. But please do continue to run your RW loons. Maybe there is another Todd Akin in the group. Yes, please get rid of all the moderates in your party. Flaming loons will certainly help your cause! You are doing the Democrats a favor....and they appreciate it.

Karl Rove, if he is anything, is an astute student of politics. You think he has created the Anti-Tea Party group for nothing? He knows the GOP is doomed if they allow the Baggers to continue to drag them down.

The funniest quote of the decade is: "We lost because we are not conservative enough!"

zelmo1234
06-16-2013, 01:24 PM
Maineboy, I am trying to help you see reality. If it were not for the Tea Party, the GOP would have control of the Senate right now. But please do continue to run your RW loons. Maybe there is another Todd Akin in the group. Yes, please get rid of all the moderates in your party. Flaming loons will certainly help your cause! You are doing the Democrats a favor....and they appreciate it.

Karl Rove, if he is anything, is an astute student of politics. You think he has created the Anti-Tea Party group for nothing? He knows the GOP is doomed if they allow the Baggers to continue to drag them down.

The funniest quote of the decade is: "We lost because we are not conservative enough!"

When is the last time that Repuclican won the White House with a Moderate? And we just finished running 2 of the most moderate members of our party? They both lost! Why do you think that is!

Truth is you know we will only win if we run conservatives. Now just like your party has some that are bat shit crazy, so do we, and some of them won the primary against establishment republican. but the truth is we are no better off with moderate republicans than we are with Democrats, there is no difference. so I say if the person is not conservaitve put the real liberal in office, and let them destroy the country! whyu saddle the Republican party with some of the blame

jillian
06-16-2013, 06:16 PM
Without the Tea Party(ies) the GOP would be democrats.

without the tea party, the GOP would be sane

Peter1469
06-16-2013, 06:22 PM

I disagree, they would be democrats. Statists. Not sane at all.

JimH52
06-16-2013, 06:41 PM

Jillian, please don't try to convince them otherwise. If they push their ultra-conservative candidates, they will lose big. There is no convincing them that their "we are not conservative enough" line is BS. Please, let them destroy themselves.

Mainecoons
06-16-2013, 06:46 PM
And what you two partisan hacks can't figure out is that we'd rather lose than become no better than you are. A bunch of big government fools who are slaves to ideas that don't work and simply make things worse.

You can keep right on "winning" until the roof falls on your heads. And we'll be there to pick up the pieces.

Peter1469
06-16-2013, 06:50 PM
Jillian, please don't try to convince them otherwise. If they push their ultra-conservative candidates, they will lose big. There is no convincing them that their "we are not conservative enough" line is BS. Please, let them destroy themselves.

I don't know about that. Too many people are waking up and seeing that the two major parties are spending us into oblivion. Even if you are right, and people vote your way, you still lose in the end when you crash the USD.

Mainecoons
06-16-2013, 06:54 PM
It doesn't matter whether their ideas work, it is all about "winning." Until they lose.

I want the Democrats to be totally in control when the crash comes.

Mister D
06-16-2013, 06:57 PM
I don't know about that. Too many people are waking up and seeing that the two major parties are spending us into oblivion. Even if you are right, and people vote your way, you still lose in the end when you crash the USD.

A lot of people simply don't care and because of our more or less open order their numbers are increasing.

Agravan
06-16-2013, 09:27 PM
It doesn't matter whether their ideas work, it is all about "winning." Until they lose.

I want the Democrats to be totally in control when the crash comes.

It does not matter who is in power. Republicans will still be blamed by the left and the media will carry the DNC's water as usual. I think conservatives should sit out the next couple of Pres elections and concentrate on the Senate and House to at least minimize the damage.