PDA

View Full Version : Someone put a Microphone in front of another Republican Representative Mouth

Cigar
06-18-2013, 07:46 AM
... and guess what came out .... :smiley_ROFLMAO:

Representative Michael Burgess (R-TX) on Monday asserted that he witnessed male fetuses pleasuring themselves as early as 15-weeks after conception.

His comments came during a House Rules committee debate (http://rules.house.gov/video/hr-1947-and-hr-1797) on the Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act, which would ban abortions nationwide after 20 weeks of pregnancy.

“This is a subject that I do know something about,” Burgess said, citing his experience as an OB/GYN. “There is no question in my mind that a baby at 20-weeks after conception can feel pain. The fact of the matter is, I argue with the chairman because I thought the date was far too late. We should be setting this at 15-weeks, 16-weeks.”

“Watch a sonogram of a 15-week baby, and they have movements that are purposeful,” he continued. “They stroke their face. If they’re a male baby, they may have their hand between their legs. If they feel pleasure, why is it so hard to think that they could feel pain?”

Burgess said the Supreme Court would be forced to reconsider its landmark 1973 Roe v. Wade ruling due to legal fights over anti-abortion legislation like the Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act. He suggested the justices would be far less permissive of abortion thanks to modern sonogram technology.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3C1n0dRwuKo

No Comment. :grin:

Chris
06-18-2013, 08:03 AM
What you've posted doesn't support the claim "he witnessed male fetuses pleasuring themselves".

In fact what he's saying isn't uncommon among doctors: http://www.doctorsonfetalpain.com/, http://www.lifenews.com/2013/05/23/expert-tells-congress-unborn-babies-can-feel-pain-starting-at-8-weeks/.

Cigar
06-18-2013, 08:09 AM
WARNING: Auto Defense Systems Activated

Mainecoons
06-18-2013, 08:13 AM
Once again the Board Troll is caught lying by misrepresentation and stinking sources.

Chris
06-18-2013, 08:19 AM
WARNING: Auto Defense Systems Activated

Thanks for participating in an experiment. I was really hoping you wanted to discuss the topic you started.

Cigar
06-18-2013, 08:25 AM
Thanks for participating in an experiment. I was really hoping you wanted to discuss the topic you started.

Actually I'm happy to just place Miro-phones in front of GOP Representatives ... it's far more entertaining than any reality show.

Micketto
Once again the Board Troll is caught lying by misrepresentation and stinking sources.

Cigar? Lying & Trolling ??

C'mon!

Next, you'll say Jillian, Marie, Adelaide and the other angry old women here will be chiming in calling this Republican a woman hater and buffoon!

Cigar

Obviously that can only happen from the Left on this board ... :rollseyes:

Cigar
06-18-2013, 08:27 AM
Cigar? Lying & Trolling ??

C'mon!

Next, you'll say Jillian, Marie, Adelaide and the other angry old women here will be chiming in calling this Republican a woman hater and buffoon!

Naaa ... just typical :wink:

Chris
06-18-2013, 08:31 AM
Actually I'm happy to just place Miro-phones in front of GOP Representatives ... it's far more entertaining than any reality show.

The fact is you (must be you since you linked no source) misinterpreted what he said.

Mainecoons
06-18-2013, 09:32 AM
Deliberately. It is called trolling.

Cigar
06-18-2013, 11:50 AM
I just hope the GOP keeps sticking to their "values" :thumbsup:

http://upload.democraticunderground.com/imgs/2013/130618-they-just-dont-get-it.jpg

Chris
06-18-2013, 11:54 AM
Nothing to do with values, cigar. What you posted in the OP simply does not support your claim. Apparently you can't defend it.

Cigar
06-18-2013, 12:00 PM
Nothing to do with values, cigar. What you posted in the OP simply does not support your claim. Apparently you can't defend it.

Defend what ... a Representative linking a fetus to masturbation?

Only in Republican-World does that happen.

Chris
06-18-2013, 12:30 PM
Defend what ... a Representative linking a fetus to masturbation?

Only in Republican-World does that happen.

Defend your misinterpretation of what he said.

a Representative linking a fetus to masturbation

You did that, not him.

Cigar
06-18-2013, 12:35 PM
Defend your misinterpretation of what he said.

You did that, not him.

The ONLY input from me was the "Head-Line" and the final comment ... and that was ... No Comment. :grin:

So please point out what "I", "me", "myself" misinterpreted.

Cigar
06-18-2013, 12:47 PM
The Dance of the Masturbating Fetuses

“Watch a sonogram of a 15-week baby, and they have movements that are purposeful,” said Burgess, a former OB/GYN. “They stroke their face. If they’re a male baby, they may have their hand between their legs. If they feel pleasure, why is it so hard to believe that they could feel pain?”

Now, some might call this a stroke of genius, or the worst idea they ever came across. You might say he’s a real jerk, or that he’s read the Palma Sutra too many times. One could speculate that he has Onan and Oedipus confused or conflated. We all wonder what this dick is trying to pull. Is it really that hard, you little squirt?

OK, enough with the autoerotica puns. The real joke is that this is an OB/GYN turned “republican” ”representative”, and these comments are now part of the Congressional Record. Future generations will need this comic relief as they read up on how we took such a promising nation and turned it into a large heap of dung, presided over by fundagelical ignoramuses.

http://bluntandcranky.wordpress.com/2013/06/18/the-dance-of-the-masturbating-fetuses/

Chris
06-18-2013, 12:54 PM
The Dance of the Masturbating Fetuses

Now, some might call this a stroke of genius, or the worst idea they ever came across. You might say he’s a real jerk, or that he’s read the Palma Sutra too many times. One could speculate that he has Onan and Oedipus confused or conflated. We all wonder what this dick is trying to pull. Is it really that hard, you little squirt?

OK, enough with the autoerotica puns. The real joke is that this is an OB/GYN turned “republican” ”representative”, and these comments are now part of the Congressional Record. Future generations will need this comic relief as they read up on how we took such a promising nation and turned it into a large heap of dung, presided over by fundagelical ignoramuses.

http://bluntandcranky.wordpress.com/2013/06/18/the-dance-of-the-masturbating-fetuses/

“They stroke their face. If they’re a male baby, they may have their hand between their legs. If they feel pleasure, why is it so hard to believe that they could feel pain?”

Says nothing at all about masterbation. The doctor was talking about at what stage the unborn feels pain and pleasure. It's what many doctors say.

Why do you from that jump to masterbation?

Cigar
06-18-2013, 12:56 PM
Says nothing at all about masterbation. The doctor was talking about at what stage the unborn feels pain and pleasure. It's what many doctors say.

Why do you from that jump to masterbation?

So are you saying it's pain the baby is feeling. :)

Chris
06-18-2013, 01:02 PM
So are you saying it's pain the baby is feeling. :)

No, what the doctor was talking about was at what stage or week in development babies sense pain and pleasure.

You could dispute that by finding doctors who disagree. It is controversial when pain and pleasure are first sensed.

jillian
06-18-2013, 03:01 PM
What you've posted doesn't support the claim "he witnessed male fetuses pleasuring themselves".

In fact what he's saying isn't uncommon among doctors: http://www.doctorsonfetalpain.com/, http://www.lifenews.com/2013/05/23/expert-tells-congress-unborn-babies-can-feel-pain-starting-at-8-weeks/.

those aren't medical sites. they're anti-choice activist sites.

Chris
06-18-2013, 03:04 PM

Ad hom, attacking the messenger without addressing the message which still shows doctors saying the same as the doctor in the OP.

BB-35
06-18-2013, 11:58 PM
Deliberately. It is called trolling.

It's called being a dumbass.

patrickt
06-19-2013, 08:41 AM

I love the "anti-choice" label. I assume that means the far-left folks who are adamant that poor Americans should have absolutely no choice in where their kids go to school. Their kids will stay in failing public schools staffed with failing union teachers no matter what. Or, perhaps it's those on the far left who say that you will have no choice in whether or not you have health insurance or which insurance you will have. The truly anti-choice people call themselves pro-choice as the minority party in Russia, in 1916, called themselves the Bolsheviks, which means the majority. Come to think of it, Bolshevik was as inaccurate as the leftist in the U.S. having a party named Democrat.

Mainecoons
06-19-2013, 08:43 AM
There you go again, Patrick. Liberals want you to have choice--THEIR choice. :grin:

Chris
06-19-2013, 09:21 AM
Their choice and ideas so good they have to be mandatory and enforced with other people's money.

Cigar
06-19-2013, 09:47 AM
So much for small government and getting government out of lives :rollseyes:

patrickt
06-19-2013, 10:36 AM

Is that somehow connected to this thread or are you just babbling?

When I saw the thread title I thought someone had either said Guam was going to tip of and sink or we could find out what's in the Immigration Bill after it's passed.

Cigar
06-19-2013, 10:38 AM

If you don't like the reflection ... get out of the mirror :wink:

Mainecoons
06-19-2013, 10:41 AM

Obviously the latter. No need to point out the obvious, however. It is SOP for Cigar.

:rofl:

patrickt
06-19-2013, 10:56 AM
If you don't like the reflection ... get out of the mirror :wink:

That one obviously doesn't fit the thread. Poor Cigar. Floundering around. Hey, how about the speech in Berlin, Cigar?

Chris
06-19-2013, 11:00 AM

What's that got to do with the recent rise in the price of turnips?

Cigar
06-19-2013, 11:08 AM
That one obviously doesn't fit the thread. Poor Cigar. Floundering around. Hey, how about the speech in Berlin, Cigar?

What does a Berlin speech have to do with masturbating fetuses? :laugh:

Cigar
06-19-2013, 11:10 AM
What's that got to do with the recent rise in the price of turnips?

I have no idea why your prices are going up ... but I do know why my prices "went" up for a week, then back down to normal.

The temporary shutdown of two crude oil pipelines supplying refineries in Chicago has raised gasoline and diesel fuel prices in Iowa.

The Enbridge pipeline brings oil from Canada to a number of refineries in the Chicago area. The pipeline was shut down last week after a leak was discovered, but was expected to be back in operation by Friday night.

An additional crude oil pipeline serving the same area has been down several weeks for routine maintenance, but is expected to be back in operation soon.

http://www.kcrg.com/news/local/Midwest-Oil-Pipelines-Shutdown-Boosts-Fuel-Prices-Locally-103166984.html

Let me guess ... somehow this is Obama's fault in The Republican World. :grin:

Chris
06-19-2013, 11:11 AM

What does masterbation, which you keep taljing about, have to do with what the doctor said in the op?

Micketto
06-19-2013, 11:11 AM

So your defense of a stupid comment, is to point out another stupid comment you made ?!

Brilliant.

Cigar
06-19-2013, 11:19 AM
So your defense of a stupid comment, is to point out another stupid comment you made ?!

Brilliant.

Something you should get a firm grip on ... I don't need you or anyone else permission or approval on what I post.

If you don't like it or think it's stupid to you or anyone else ... I couldn't care less or give a shit.

Hope this clearly explains my stance.

Cigar
06-19-2013, 11:23 AM
What does masterbation, which you keep taljing about, have to do with what the doctor said in the op?

Tea Party Congressman: Male fetal ‘masterbation’ proves “fetal pain”

http://blog.beaumontenterprise.com/bayou/2013/06/19/tea-party-congressman-male-fetal-masterbation-proves-fetal-pain/

If you need any more explanation ... you can GOOGLE or BING for dozens more .................... I'm not the author of any of these contents, so you write them for an explanation if you can't comprehend it.

Micketto
06-19-2013, 11:36 AM
Something you should get a firm grip on ... I don't need you or anyone else permission or approval on what I post.

If you don't like it or think it's stupid to you or anyone else ... I couldn't care less or give a shit.

Hope this clearly explains my stance.

It does.
It is quite clear you don't care that you look like a fkn idiot.

All I did was point that out... I don't need your confirmation.

Chris
06-19-2013, 12:06 PM
Tea Party Congressman: Male fetal ‘masterbation’ proves “fetal pain”

http://blog.beaumontenterprise.com/bayou/2013/06/19/tea-party-congressman-male-fetal-masterbation-proves-fetal-pain/

If you need any more explanation ... you can GOOGLE or BING for dozens more .................... I'm not the author of any of these contents, so you write them for an explanation if you can't comprehend it.

That's already been demonstrated to be a misinterpretation of what the doctor said. Why are you circling round begging the question?

TheInternet
06-19-2013, 06:25 PM

When I saw the thread title I thought someone had either said Guam was going to tip of and sink or we could find out what's in the Immigration Bill after it's passed.

Haha. I was thinking about posting that. What about Sheila Jackson's videos? Doesn't she have some good ones too?

Mainecoons
06-19-2013, 06:32 PM
At least he's fun to watch. :grin: