PDA

View Full Version : Thanks but no thanks!

zelmo1234
06-23-2013, 09:01 AM
I am once again having trouble with the stupidity of the Mainstream republicans when it comes to the issue of ILLEGAL immigration!

Our friends on the Democratic side are really extending the hand of Friendship and Trying to show us how to take some of the latino vote from them helping the Republicans to win more seats in the house and Senate and maybe take the Whitehouse in 2016?

DOES THIS Sound FISHY TO ANYONE BUT ME???

The truth of the matter is, the Democrats are in trouble, and they know it!

The Ecnomy is still in a slump at best Unemployment will not go away, the world is laughing at America wonce again, andthey had to take energy and food prices out of the inflations numbers to try and convince the people that inflation is not a problem.

Add to this the effects of Obamacare are starting to get into the market place, and and the people still don't like it!

If the Republicans pass any immigration that does not include absolute border security first, they will loose the support of the base??? And of course the latino vote can't off set that, as Mr Romney found out!

So Go ahead rino's do what you want but when we on the right choose to not support you with out vote or wallet, don't cry to us!

I personly feel that if I wanted the policies of Democrats, I would have voted for for a democrat!

roadmaster
06-23-2013, 09:18 AM
I am with you. They won't get the votes again ever.

Chris
06-23-2013, 12:27 PM
The bill is something like 1000 pages, for crying out loud, who knows what's in it? Here's several concerns:

...Senator Mike Lee (R., Utah) opened the event with a tie-in to the Tea Party’s favorite foil, the IRS. He started by challenging the seriousness of the legislation’s promises.

“We’ve been promised, for example, that they’ll be required to pay taxes,” he said. “Well, when you read the fine print of the thousand-page bill, it turns out that isn’t true. In fact, it’s deliberately misleading. They’re required nominally to pay taxes, but only those taxes that have been assessed by the IRS. But, of course, if you’ve been working off the books, you won’t have anything assessed by the IRS. That promise is an illusory one.”

Senators Jeff Sessions (R., Ala.), Jim Inhofe (R., Okla.), and David Vitter (R., La.) added to the chorus. Sessions has been a long-time and vocal skeptic of comprehensive immigration reform. While Sessions questioned the bill’s impact on unemployment numbers, Inhofe appealed to concerns about national security. And Vitter expressed his appreciation for the tea-party activists who came to D.C. to express their opposition to the proposal.

The Tea Party seems to oppose the Senate Gang of Eight’s legislation with the same vehemence that it directed at the Affordable Care Act. Now, it’s important to bear in mind that generalizing about the Tea Party is incredibly fraught, given the movement’s size, amorphousness, and ideological diversity....

@ The Tea Party vs. Immigration Reform (http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/351649/tea-party-vs-immigration-reform-betsy-woodruff)

zelmo1234
06-23-2013, 03:59 PM
It is interesting that OUr liberal followers have avoided telling us how they are caring and just want the Republicans to get on the right track?

You know sportmanship and all???? OH!!!!!! Wait!!!!!! they are the party of everyone gets a trophy?????

You don't think they would be lying to the republicans do You????????????????

Frogger
06-23-2013, 04:31 PM
There is no guarantee of border security in the proposed bill since Janet 'never seen a border fence she likes' Napolitano will have the authority to nix any border installations.

Chloe
06-23-2013, 08:37 PM
If so many Mexicans come to the US because they need work to help support their families in Mexico then instead of building a massive wall for thousands of miles why don't we just become better neighbors to Mexico and create better work programs that would allow them to come over daily, work, and then go back home? I know that they have a drug problem and things like that in Mexico but it seems like a lot of the border cities could partner better with our government to help provide them with basic work that benefits us and them at the same time.

jillian
06-23-2013, 08:40 PM
I personly feel that if I wanted the policies of Democrats, I would have voted for for a democrat!

when the rabid right hadn't taken over the GOP, the GOP always knew how to cut a deal.

thanks for giving the extremist perspective.

zelmo1234
06-23-2013, 08:49 PM
If so many Mexicans come to the US because they need work to help support their families in Mexico then instead of building a massive wall for thousands of miles why don't we just become better neighbors to Mexico and create better work programs that would allow them to come over daily, work, and then go back home? I know that they have a drug problem and things like that in Mexico but it seems like a lot of the border cities could partner better with our government to help provide them with basic work that benefits us and them at the same time.

I like your Idea, We have laws that allow for immigration, but we also ahve to think of our unemployment problems.

For example we are told that there are about 11 million people from Mexico in the USA

We are also told that they come here to seek jobs.

Just Imagine what our unemployment numbers would look like if we could put 11 million people to work? It would also reduce the welfare and unemployment roles by 11 million and that would be a huge gain in reduceing the deficite?

I understand that peopel want to come here for a better life, but there are legal ways to do this! Could they be made better, It is very possible. But we have a lot of people surrering here in America! We need to take care of our own first!

zelmo1234
06-23-2013, 08:59 PM
when the rabid right hadn't taken over the GOP, the GOP always knew how to cut a deal.

You are right. lets make a deal.

#1 we increase boarder security and actually stop the flow of illegals first! before we allow anything else to take place.

#2 after the boarder is secure say illegal immigration is reduced by 85% then we offer those that are here worker VISA's

#3 Those that are here and came illegally pay a 5K fine,over time as punishment for breaking our laws.

#4 Those that came here illegally and thier families get a perminate worker visa, they pay taxes, and FICA but they are not elegable for citizenship or benifits other than educating their children! And they can never VOTE! Unless of course they woudl like to return to their company of origin! then they can apply to come here legally like they should ahve in the first place!

#5 those that have comitted a felony go back to there country after serving their time! and never get back in! Those that do not register and get caught, suffer the same fate! And those caught brining drugs or weapons into the country, get life in prison first offence!

Now you have everything you need to keep these people here and paying taxes?

Sound good to you?

Chris
06-23-2013, 09:04 PM

Thank you for giving an extremist view.

Why should the GOP compromise with Dem taken over by the rabid left who make compromise deals then try to renege on them like with the sequester.

Agravan
06-23-2013, 10:44 PM

Liberal translation: "Before the rise of the Tea Party, the Republicans-In-Name-Only would cut deals with the democrats that the democrats would always renege on and then blame the Republicans for the failure. I wish we could get back to those days because now, the country sees that it is the Democrats that are really the ones screwing things up."

Cigar
06-24-2013, 07:05 AM

These fiscal conservatives have no problem throwing 3x more money at a problem that doesn't exist ...

Boarder Crossing have been a net ZERO for more than 3 years.

But hey ... lets cut Food for Americans to put up more Walls and more guards; then 10 years from now they won't what to repair what they put up today (Infrastructure).

Brilliant move ... say By By to White House Republicans ... it's GONE!

Mainecoons
06-24-2013, 07:07 AM
Now is the time for you to show your confidence in Your Leader and his stock market bubble and BUY, Cigar, BUY!

:rofl:

Micketto
06-24-2013, 08:42 AM
These fiscal conservatives have no problem throwing 3x more money at a problem that doesn't exist ...

But hey ... lets cut Food for Americans to put up more Walls and more guards;

Cut food ?

Do you have any idea how many people that $100+ million vacation would feed ?

Or the $200 million cash PLUS 200 M1A1 tanks PLUS I forget how many F16s he sent(and still sending) to the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt.. to arm them against Israel ?!

You're talking from the party of not caring about hungry Americans, or you wouldn't keep supporting the crap Obama does.

Chris
06-24-2013, 09:30 AM

But hey ... lets cut Food for Americans to put up more Walls and more guards; then 10 years from now they won't what to repair what they put up today (Infrastructure).

Brilliant move ... say By By to White House Republicans ... it's GONE!

Good example of a self-annihilating sentence! Fiscal conservatives don't throw money away. Fiscal cons, many of which a tea partiers, are against the immigration bill as you would know had you read the rest of the thread.

Micketto
06-24-2013, 12:10 PM

Work Visas exist.

Mainecoons
06-24-2013, 12:14 PM
Chloe, there's not enough work to go around for American citizens. Why don't we do as the Mexicans do and put the citizens first?

We don't need a work visa program, we need a moratorium on ALL immigration for maybe 10 years to give the country a chance to catch up. The U.S. takes more immigrants than all the rest of the world combined and we no longer have an economy that can absorb them.

Put America first--it's the Mexican way. :grin:

Cigar
06-24-2013, 12:28 PM
Ok maybe the question was too difficult ... so I'll make it simple.

FACT: Border Crossings are at a Record Low; example, there are just as many or more leaving the country that came in illegally or have been "deported"! So ... how many people on this forum think The United States of America should spend an additional 3x on Border Security (more than all Security Branches Combined) that The US spent over the last 3 years?

A simple Yes or No will do, rather than an unrelated diversion.

Peter1469
06-24-2013, 03:11 PM
Boarder crossings are low because of the economy.

If we pass an amnesty bill, without enforcement, we may see a large wave of migration just to get into the amnesty deal.

Mister D
06-24-2013, 03:12 PM
Boarder crossings are low because of the economy.

If we pass an amnesty bill, without enforcement, we may see a large wave of migration just to get into the amnesty deal.

Yep. As soon as the economy picks up. You can bet the farm on that one.