PDA

View Full Version : A silver lining!

zelmo1234
06-25-2013, 07:14 PM
Well if the Senate gets is way with the 1100+ page immigration reform?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2013/06/25/the-senate-is-going-to-pass-immigration-reform-and-the-house-doesnt-care/

There will be a Silver lining for people like be with Contracting businesses.

Documented Illegals don't qualify for Obamacare

So rather than letting 20 people go at the end of the year. I can let most of them go.

Stop paying 20 dollars an hour and pay 9.

Hire newly documented workers and I don't have to follow the rules of obamacare because they don't qualify!

I make more, they get jobs, 70 americans on unemployment and dependent on the government?

What more could you ask from a Democratic policy!

And Liberals wonder why the rich keep getting richer? In the name of compassion you give us the tools!

zelmo1234
06-26-2013, 12:26 AM
I think my liberal friends don't like the reality that thier compassion is going to create!

Peter1469
06-26-2013, 05:12 AM
Unintended consequences.

jillian
06-26-2013, 06:19 AM
Well if the Senate gets is way with the 1100+ page immigration reform?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2013/06/25/the-senate-is-going-to-pass-immigration-reform-and-the-house-doesnt-care/

There will be a Silver lining for people like be with Contracting businesses.

So rather than letting 20 people go at the end of the year. I can let most of them go.

Stop paying 20 dollars an hour and pay 9.

Hire newly documented workers and I don't have to follow the rules of obamacare because they don't qualify!

I make more, they get jobs, 70 americans on unemployment and dependent on the government?

What more could you ask from a Democratic policy!

And Liberals wonder why the rich keep getting richer? In the name of compassion you give us the tools!

yes, let's keep pretending that your business has no need for a certain level of staffing.

isn't it funny that whenever you don't like something, you say it's going to cause you to lay off people?

no doubt your company is so desireable to work for that your workers don't need health insurance or anything else....

btw, your link doesn't support your premise.... not that it matters since the do-nothing, obstructionist, rightwingnut house isn't going to do anything anyway..... which is REALLY what your link seems to acknowledge.

zelmo1234
06-26-2013, 06:24 AM
yes, let's keep pretending that your business has no need for a certain level of staffing.

isn't it funny that whenever you don't like something, you say it's going to cause you to lay off people?

no doubt your company is so desireable to work for that your workers don't need health insurance or anything else....

You do not understand.

I think that this is wonderful! And I will support it!

I will not fun a business for the sake of saying I have a business. I know many liberals that will? But I am in it for profit!

Because of regulations and the wonderful Obamacare? I would have been forced to downsize, when I would ahve rather expanded. But expanding and not turning a profit is stupid. I know that libs do it all the time, but that does not make it any less stupid!

So I was going to down size. IF THIS LAW PASSES AND I AM SUPPORTING IT!

I don't have to count the now documented workers and they are not elegible for Obamacare!

So I can lay off my US workers get my numbers down to about 15 and hire documented workers for the labor!

More money for me? I can continue to expand areas that provied low to moderate priced housing, and keep the business moving forward.

And you Demos get more people depended on the system? What more could one ask!

Chris
06-26-2013, 08:24 AM
not that it matters since the do-nothing, obstructionist, rightwingnut house isn't going to do anything anyway

Nor should it.

Mainecoons
06-26-2013, 09:07 AM

btw, your link doesn't support your premise.... not that it matters since the do-nothing, obstructionist, rightwingnut house isn't going to do anything anyway..... which is REALLY what your link seems to acknowledge.

No problem, I put up several more links on a new thread that confirm exactly what Zelmo is pointing out here, and quoting some of your Democrats acknowledging that this is a very real possibility. I see as usual you've shot off before bothering to check things out.

Democrats: The party of the (unemployed/underemployed) working man!

bladimz
06-26-2013, 02:01 PM
I guess Zelmo & others and i will never see eye-to-eye here.

When i was a business owner, i was, of course, in it for profit. But i was able to temper that desire with the work-place needs of my employees. I've long wondered why health insurance was tied to businesses, but it is and i always offered it to my employees. I also paid 100% of the premiums of the primary insured. I never lost an employee that i didn't have to can, and i can guess that maybe the benefits had something to do with this.

I couldn't replace my workforce with unskilled labor, though. My business required trained, skilled workers. So maybe there's the difference. Maybe you, Zelmo, can replace your US workforce with off-the-street laborers. If that's so, why hadn't you done that earlier? Wouldn't that have increased your profits at an earlier point in time?

You are the typical american business owner whose only interest is the bottom line, and i understand that. I just don't accept that mindset as particularly american.

Cigar
06-26-2013, 02:03 PM
Whatever helps you Cope with your new reality.

Next time get more Votes.

:grin:

patrickt
06-26-2013, 04:11 PM
Cigar is right. Conservatives totally ignore the fact that the dead vote.

nic34
06-26-2013, 04:16 PM

What's a documented illegal?

Peter1469
06-26-2013, 04:17 PM
What's a documented illegal?

The current illegals if the Senate version of Immigration reform passes.

nic34
06-26-2013, 04:33 PM
That's an oxymoron.

Chris
06-26-2013, 04:47 PM
That's an oxymoron.

Government's good at doublespeak.