PDA

View Full Version : hey, life sucks and here i am....

strollingbonez
06-28-2013, 06:28 AM
i know a few of you from other boards......

i am a 60 yr old from the mountains of nc...i am liberal.....i am a gun owner...i have too many cats and only 2 dogs...i live in a rural area where guns arent a problem....

so lets see how this goes....

GrassrootsConservative
06-28-2013, 06:39 AM
Welcome to the forum, Old Timer. :grin:

I'm a 22 year old from Nebraska, Conservative, as my name implies.

Cool to meet a Lib with guns. How do you feel about gun control?

strollingbonez
06-28-2013, 06:47 AM
i am strongly in favor of gun control....my father taught me gun control around age 8....

all guns are loaded....
know and identify your target
never aim a gun at a man to wound him, if he is worth shooting he is worth killing
decide where and when you will kill and if necessary do it.

lessons i learned that served me well...years ago when a man was trying to break into my house....lucky for him....he could not do it...

i will never understand why whippersnappers would be conservative...and dont call me old timer....i just turned 60 and i am damned sensitive about it..show your elders some damned respect ...dont worry my av if i ever figure this out is a hot and sexy young woman

be careful who you cyber with

GrassrootsConservative
06-28-2013, 06:50 AM
To get to avatar use the "Settings" button at the very top. There should be a big list on the left side of your screen. Under "My Settings" is an "Edit Avatar" button.

I am Conservative because I believe that America has been a better place in the past than it is right now and I believe it was better because of freedoms and morals. Both of those things this country is currently lacking.

jillian
06-28-2013, 06:51 AM

i am a 60 yr old from the mountains of nc...i am liberal.....i am a gun owner...i have too many cats and only 2 dogs...i live in a rural area where guns arent a problem....

hey, bones! thanks for joining.

GrassrootsConservative
06-28-2013, 06:54 AM
hey, bones! thanks for joining.

bonez*

GrassrootsConservative
06-28-2013, 06:55 AM
Wherez your name come from, bonez?

jillian
06-28-2013, 06:56 AM
bonez*

heh... i always called her bones on our other board. ;)

strollingbonez
06-28-2013, 06:57 AM
hey jillian...thanks for the invite...i didnt have much choice after being banned....

ooooooooooo you know i wont reconize anyone who has changed their nic from the old board...

GrassrootsConservative
06-28-2013, 06:58 AM
heh... i always called her bones on our other board. ;)

Ah. I don't get to many other political forums much.

Just this one and the "other" one.

jillian
06-28-2013, 07:08 AM
hey jillian...thanks for the invite...i didnt have much choice after being banned....

ooooooooooo you know i wont reconize anyone who has changed their nic from the old board...

well, i'm glad you're here. and heck with them if they want to run off their best posters.

i'm off to work now but how are things?? what's going on??

jillian
06-28-2013, 07:08 AM
Ah. I don't get to many other political forums much.

Just this one and the "other" one.

i hear ya... this is the only one i post on now, but i've been on boards for a while... :)

strollingbonez
06-28-2013, 07:11 AM
thanks gc for the av advice....

strollingbonez
06-28-2013, 07:11 AM
i swear we are just the bannable....

GrassrootsConservative
06-28-2013, 07:14 AM
thanks gc for the av advice....

Sure. I know how nice it is to be able to customize everything.

strollingbonez
06-28-2013, 07:15 AM
catch you later jillian....now out to the big threads....

Ravi
06-28-2013, 08:32 AM

Welcome!!!

Ravi
06-28-2013, 08:33 AM

Why did you get banned?

strollingbonez
06-28-2013, 08:38 AM
why? well i have several things that might be it...but most likely asking a poster who has claimed to be dying for a while now...why she wasnt dead...that may be it in a nutshell or it may not be....the banning was rather general....

and thanks for the welcome

oceanloverOH
06-28-2013, 08:41 AM
Hi, strollingbonez, pleased to meet you. Retired USAF female conservative here (we won't even think about my age!) Grew up in southern California, love the ocean (can you tell from my moniker?) and somehow ended up in Ohio, the armpit of the Midwest. Looking forward to some good discussions!

Ravi
06-28-2013, 08:42 AM
why? well i have several things that might be it...but most likely asking a poster who has claimed to be dying for a while now...why she wasnt dead...that may be it in a nutshell or it may not be....the banning was rather general....

huh, I wondered that myself once or twice.

strollingbonez
06-28-2013, 08:48 AM
i guess they want me to behave more.....lol....and not be so honest....i say what is on my mind

GrassrootsConservative
06-28-2013, 08:52 AM
i guess they want me to behave more.....lol....and not be so honest....i say what is on my mind

They are more accepting of this type of thing on this forum... although that's rapidly changing due to the sheer amount of insults being used here.

jillian
06-28-2013, 09:10 AM

Lol. Well. She kind of deserved it.

TheInternet
06-28-2013, 09:17 AM
Will someone fill me in by posting here or PM what the other board is.

GrassrootsConservative
06-28-2013, 09:18 AM
Will someone fill me in by posting here or PM what the other board is.

The only one I know is thepoliticsforums.com

KC
06-28-2013, 10:03 AM
Welcome strollingbonez! I hope you like it here. I have trouble defining myself with political labels, so I find it easier to explain visually:

http://www.politicalcompass.org/facebook/pcgraphpng.php?ec=2.25&soc=-5.33

Incidentally, we have a crowd chart for all members on this board who wish to be a part of it. More details in this thread:

http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/13305-Your-Political-Worldview

Anyhow, I look forward to some great conversation! Care to tell me who your avatar is?

strollingbonez
06-28-2013, 10:06 AM
i am a pagan...a great av person did this for me and gave it to me...

KC
06-28-2013, 10:12 AM
i am a pagan...a great av person did this for me and gave it to me...

Very cool. Does the figure in it have a name? Google image search was less than helpful.

strollingbonez
06-28-2013, 10:16 AM
that i do not know...mr fitnah did it for me...

strollingbonez
06-28-2013, 10:16 AM
if it had the allowance it would move...

Adelaide
06-28-2013, 11:31 AM
Welcome to the forum! :)

Conley
06-28-2013, 11:58 AM
if it had the allowance it would move...

Welcome! Glad to have you

You can have moving avs here.

GrassrootsConservative
06-28-2013, 12:01 PM
Welcome! Glad to have you

You can have moving avs here.

Where's your avatar bro?

Conley
06-28-2013, 12:04 PM
Ha, I have to find him... he escaped and he's loose somewhere around here. He'll be back soon just as soon as i track him down.

Sytha
06-28-2013, 01:10 PM
hiya bones!

strollingbonez
06-28-2013, 01:27 PM
hello everyone thanks for the warm welcome

Dr. Who
06-28-2013, 01:50 PM
hello everyone thanks for the warm welcomeWelcome to the forum bones. Your AV reminds me of an Earth Mother figure.

Peter1469
06-28-2013, 03:09 PM
Welcome to tPF!

strollingbonez
06-28-2013, 05:45 PM
thanks again...yall seem to be a friendly group...but so did the spider to the fly....lol

Rebel Son
06-29-2013, 05:24 PM
Welcome, good to see a liberal with guns but I'm figuring you are more a modern liberal than a classic liberal. :)
Look forward to hearing your views on things.

Cigar
07-01-2013, 09:17 AM
thanks again...yall seem to be a friendly group...but so did the spider to the fly....lol

Not worry ... most of them only scratch and bark.

Be careful of the youngsters who know everything about you and everything else, because they've seen it all and done it all ... at the age of 25 :baby:

... and they're political experts also.

That's what make politics so entertaining.

strollingbonez
07-01-2013, 12:44 PM
i have a 30 yr old son to make me miserable lol..when i say....back in the day...he says ..when dinosuars roamed the earth

jillian
07-01-2013, 01:12 PM
i have a 30 yr old son to make me miserable lol..when i say....back in the day...he says ..when dinosuars roamed the earth

and yet you allow him to live. lol

strollingbonez
07-01-2013, 02:17 PM
he is my baby..i am battling with the kids next door..and their fireworks... they have been setting off fireworks all day...so i go over...'how much fireworks you kids got"? answer: bunches....

so i try reason..."kids you got days to the 4th dont you want to kinda spread them out for a few days"...naw we got homemade ones...

i told them to be careful lol and walked back home....homemade fireworks? do we even want to know?

strollingbonez
07-01-2013, 02:32 PM
o how funny....just had a load of logs delivered so we can begin to get firewood in for the winter.....one of the logs rolled down the hill and right across the path of their dirt bike riding...they had stopped the fireworks to ride dirt bikes...

they have a sad!

jillian
07-01-2013, 02:53 PM
o how funny....just had a load of logs delivered so we can begin to get firewood in for the winter.....one of the logs rolled down the hill and right across the path of their dirt bike riding...they had stopped the fireworks to ride dirt bikes...

they have a sad!

lol...

karma is a boomerang

strollingbonez
07-01-2013, 03:49 PM
o didnt slow them down...they went right back to fireworks....it is gonna be a long summer..they are good kids...just boys....except the wee one is just meaner than hell...

Cigar
07-02-2013, 09:18 AM

Kids these days ... they don't remember Pay Phones :laugh:

http://ts4.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4832904430225327&pid=1.7

strollingbonez
07-07-2013, 06:50 AM
i love when i am at work and the kids bring objection of antiquity to me and say..what is this and what does it do...the funniest was an old credit card imprint machine...it was like explaining the moon to monkeys.....and then they looked at me with wide eyes and said "you had to call each card in"? i couldnt explain to them that cash and checks were the king then and credit cards werent used that much and no one had a debit card.

but i do like the kids i work with...they are very protective and supportive of the relic...