PDA

View Full Version : Why Did Germany Lose The Second World War?

count markovalley
06-29-2013, 04:26 PM
Germany had at the time of the 2nd. W.W. the best trained army and the best military equipment of any nation in the world;but still managed to lose. But why?

Peter1469
06-29-2013, 04:50 PM
They bit off more than they could chew. Why open a two front war?

Mister D
06-29-2013, 04:53 PM
If Japan had even made a pretense of helping Germany it might have made sense. Even a potential threat in the far east would have prevented the USSR from bolstering their shattered armies in 1941.

count markovalley
06-29-2013, 05:00 PM
Soviets were planning to attack the following summer. only logical to hit them first.

Mister D
06-29-2013, 05:04 PM
Soviets were planning to attack the following summer. only logical to hit them first.

Some historians have argued that the invasion was preemptive.

KC
06-29-2013, 05:09 PM

Partly because Hitler's Germany was proving incapable of feeding Germany's military forces. He hoped by capturing the Ukraine he could wait out the war on the western front as long as proved necessary.

jillian
06-29-2013, 05:10 PM
Germany had at the time of the 2nd. W.W. the best trained army and the best military equipment of any nation in the world;but still managed to lose. But why?

why does this interest you? just curious.

Mister D
06-29-2013, 05:12 PM
why does this interest you? just curious.

Why does WW2 interest someone? lol

count markovalley
06-29-2013, 05:17 PM
Partly because Hitler's Germany was proving incapable of feeding Germany's military forces. He hoped by capturing the Ukraine he could wait out the war on the western front as long as proved necessary.

He couldn't wait on any front. The final blow had to be delivered and quickly. No oil -no war. Know oil ,know war!

Mister D
06-29-2013, 05:20 PM

Conquest in the east was part and parcel of Nazism from the very beginning. You're right though that this was the idea behind it (the acquisition of land and resources for a growing population).

Peter1469
06-29-2013, 05:40 PM

Then they should have ended the war in the West first.

count markovalley
06-29-2013, 05:44 PM
Then they should have ended the war in the West first.

Invasion in 41 - Normandy in 44.. end it before it started?? my my..

Mister D
06-29-2013, 05:46 PM

not settling accounts with UK gave the US a forward base after war was declared. Without the UK it would have ee very difficult for the US to project o the European continent. Impossible, frankly.

Peter1469
06-29-2013, 05:48 PM

Or open up a two front war and lose..... :wink:

Mister D
06-29-2013, 05:51 PM
Or open up a two front war and lose..... :wink:

One must admire the fact that they still almost won both world wars. You're some tough folks! :shocked:

Kabuki Joe
06-29-2013, 05:57 PM

...it wasn't "they", it was "Hitler" that bit off more then he could chew...plus he made some very poor choices with tactics that he should have left up to his generals, you know the guys that are paid to lead armies...he "screwed the pooch"...

Ransom
07-01-2013, 09:32 AM
One must admire the fact that they still almost won both world wars. You're some tough folks! :shocked:

Some of their military accomplishments can be admired, but they really never stood a chance during ww2 after the invasion of Russia.

Peter1469
07-01-2013, 09:33 AM
Some of their military accomplishments can be admired, but they really never stood a chance during ww2 after the invasion of Russia.

Right, opening the second front was suicide.

Ravi
07-01-2013, 09:42 AM
Because Hitler was an idiot.

Peter1469
07-01-2013, 09:45 AM

He certainly wasn't always an idiot. Idiots do not gain so much power. I wonder whether he had some sort of condition that affected his judgement and performance.

Ravi
07-01-2013, 09:46 AM
He certainly wasn't always an idiot. Idiots do not gain so much power. I wonder whether he had some sort of condition that affected his judgement and performance.
Disagree. Someone that thinks he can rule basically the entire world while gassing millions of people certainly has a few screws loose.

Peter1469
07-01-2013, 09:48 AM
Disagree. Someone that thinks he can rule basically the entire world while gassing millions of people certainly has a few screws loose.

Clearly. But an idiot couldn't get elected to a local office much less the chancellorship of Germany.

Ravi
07-01-2013, 09:56 AM
Clearly. But an idiot couldn't get elected to a local office much less the chancellorship of Germany.
ha! That is simply untrue.

Kabuki Joe
07-01-2013, 09:59 AM

...I agree, he definitely wasn't an idiot...he did great things for Germany and the world (technology) but went over the edge...the only thing I'd like to know is did he jump over the edge or was he pushed?...

Peter1469
07-01-2013, 10:05 AM

How so? How could an idiot mesmerize an entire nation?

Mister D
07-01-2013, 10:16 AM

Not with the UK serving as a forward base for US industrial power. The failure to knock the Soviets out early combined with US entry into the war made defeat simply a matter of time. If Germany had come to some kind of accomodation with the UK (unlikely) or forced the UK to submit then a long term campaign in Russia was much less of a gamble. But it didn't happen that way...

Mister D
07-01-2013, 10:17 AM
Hitler was obviously intelligent.

jillian
07-01-2013, 10:54 AM
How so? How could an idiot mesmerize and entire nation?

i don't think she was implying hitler was an idiot. '

it seems to me she was scoffing at the notion that an idiot can't get elected to high office (see george w bush for an example).

Mister D
07-01-2013, 10:56 AM

it seems to me she was scoffing at the notion that an idiot can't get elected to high office (see george w bush for an example).

She stated that explicitly. Did she mean that? I don't think so either but I would suggest she learn how to express herself better.

Kabuki Joe
07-01-2013, 11:11 AM

...this is the best example between men and women!...you just can't grasp the concept that someone can do horrible things while being sane, while I can...you look at things emotionally, I don't...the question isn't whether Hitler was a nice guy or not but why did Germany loose the war in spite of being "technically" superior?...Hitler did a lot of good but somehow along the line he went over the edge...I can accept that without getting emotional over it...ultimately it was a shame the way it turned out...

jillian
07-01-2013, 11:46 AM
...this is the best example between men and women!...you just can't grasp the concept that someone can do horrible things while being sane, while I can...you look at things emotionally, I don't...the question isn't whether Hitler was a nice guy or not but why did Germany loose the war in spite of being "technically" superior?...Hitler did a lot of good but somehow along the line he went over the edge...I can accept that without getting emotional over it...ultimately it was a shame the way it turned out...

she didn't say what you're pretending she said.

seems you're getting a little emotional about your disdain for women.

i'm kind of curious as to what it is you do for a living and how old you are since you clearly have a distorted view of women.

jillian
07-01-2013, 11:46 AM
She stated that explicitly. Did she mean that? I don't think so either but I would suggest she learn how to express herself better.

she articulates just fine

Kabuki Joe
07-01-2013, 11:58 AM
she didn't say what you're pretending she said.

seems you're getting a little emotional about your disdain for women.

i'm kind of curious as to what it is you do for a living and how old you are since you clearly have a distorted view of women.

...no, I don't get pissy about people like hitler, it happens, move on...

Kabuki Joe
07-01-2013, 12:39 PM
she articulates just fine

...then why are you answering for her?...

jillian
07-01-2013, 01:47 PM
...then why are you answering for her?...

she wasn't around near as i could see.

you have a problem with that?

also, her meaning was pretty clear.... if one chose to actually read with comprehension.

Mister D
07-01-2013, 01:49 PM
@jillian (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=719). Well, yes, I suppose it was.

jillian
07-01-2013, 01:52 PM
@jillian (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=719). Well, yes, I suppose it was.

fair...

in that post she was clearly referring to peter's comment about opening a second front.

but whatever makes you feel good about yourself.

Mister D
07-01-2013, 01:54 PM
Right, opening the second front was suicide.

Yeah, that makes sense. lol But, hey...whatever makes her feel good about herself. :grin:

jillian
07-01-2013, 02:00 PM
...no, I don't get pissy about people like hitler, it happens, move on...

it happens?

yeah, what's the murder of 11 million people, more or less?

now about your warped view of women,... how about you answer the question?

Ravi
07-01-2013, 02:14 PM
How so? How could an idiot mesmerize and entire nation?
An idiot savant if you like that better. And there's that old saying, there is a sucker born every minute. A lot of suckers got fooled in Germany.

Ravi
07-01-2013, 02:17 PM

Calm down. What "getting emotional over it" do you speak of?

Peter1469
07-01-2013, 02:18 PM

Or Obama for that matter. :wink:

Kabuki Joe
07-01-2013, 02:24 PM
it happens?

...stalin killed more and people still only rag on hitler......

Kabuki Joe
07-01-2013, 02:32 PM
it happens?

"i'm kind of curious as to what it is you do for a living and how old you are since you clearly have a distorted view of women."

...what does my profession have to do with this?...or my age?...and distorted?...how so?...I'd say I am a realist and I don't get pissy over the horrible things people do...it happens, move on and get over it...you want to dwell on it until it cripples you, I frankly don't...move on sunshine... :)

jillian
07-01-2013, 02:42 PM
"i'm kind of curious as to what it is you do for a living and how old you are since you clearly have a distorted view of women."

...what does my profession have to do with this?...or my age?...and distorted?...how so?...I'd say I am a realist and I don't get pissy over the horrible things people do...it happens, move on and get over it...you want to dwell on it until it cripples you, I frankly don't...move on sunshine... :)

because your observations were childish and stated like someone whos never gone on a date. or known a successful woman.

that's why

Kabuki Joe
07-01-2013, 03:20 PM
because your observations were childish and stated like someone whos never gone on a date. or known a successful woman.

that's why

...well obviously you got me pegged... :)

count markovalley
07-01-2013, 03:55 PM
What Hitler proved was that the you can be as logical as rain and still fail at everything.

Everything that Hitler did was perfectly logical but it still availed him nothing. He still lost the war .

Invasion of soviet union followed the same path of logic . why wait for soviets to attack first. Invasion plans were discovered early 41.

Finishing off England first was easier said than done. germany couldn't do it. And without a navy to take on the brits any invasion would've resulted in losing huge numbers . The brits would've had a field day/ like shooting fish in a swimming pool.
An invasion of britain was what Stalin was waiting for . It would've upped the soviet attack that much earlier.

What many failed to understand is that the reich was at war with about 54 separate counteries ;in some way or other. Directly or by the sending of resources and supplies to help the allies. ..The main reasons germany lost can be reduced to two important events: one, LEND LEASE which by 1941 included depth charges and sonar equipment made in the usa to assist brit navy and # two ; the world media had totally turned again the reich by the spring of 40. without the media on your side you can't win anything.

Peter1469
07-01-2013, 03:57 PM
What Hitler proved was that the you can be as logical as rain and still fail at everything.

Everything that Hitler did was perfectly logical but it still availed him nothing. He still lost the war .

Invasion of soviet union followed the same path of logic . why wait for soviets to attack first. Invasion plans were discovered early 41.

Finishing off England first was easier said than done. germany couldn't do it. And without a navy to take on the brits any invasion would've resulted in losing huge numbers . The brits would've had a field day/ like shooting fish in a swimming pool.
An invasion of britain was what Stalin was waiting for . It would've upped the soviet attack that much earlier.

What many failed to understand is that the reich was at war with about 54 separate counteries ;in some way or other. Directly or by the sending of resources and supplies to help the allies. ..The main reasons germany lost can be reduced to two important events: one, LEND LEASE which by 1941 included depth charges and sonar equipment made in the usa to assist brit navy and # two ; the world media had totally turned again the reich by the spring of 40. without the media on your side you can't win anything.

If Germany could not end the war in the West, it should not have started a war in the East. That is why they lost.

Mister D
07-01-2013, 04:00 PM
If Germany could not end the war in the West, it should not have started a war in the East. That is why they lost.

The UK was pretty much neutralized and did not persent any serious security threat. Pearl Harbor changed all that. Any potential for victory was gone by by 1943.

count markovalley
07-01-2013, 04:04 PM
The UK was pretty much neutralized and did not persent any serious security threat. Pearl Harbor changed all that. Any potential for victory was gone by by 1943.
i guess you can explain things to pete a little better than i can.thank you.

Peter1469
07-01-2013, 04:08 PM
i guess you can explain things to pete a little better than i can.thank you.

D does not contradict my point. Note I used the term West, not the UK.

count markovalley
07-01-2013, 04:12 PM
by the west you mean canada and the usa and latin america . What do you mean? i think france went down in the summer of40

Peter1469
07-01-2013, 04:21 PM
by the west you mean canada and the usa and latin america . What do you mean? i think france went down in the summer of40

The West includes all of the allies from the Western hemisphere. Primarily the UK and US and Canada.

Mister D
07-01-2013, 05:43 PM
I was expanding on Peter's point. The "Western Allies" refers to the liberal states ("primarily the UK and US and Canada").

count markovalley
07-01-2013, 06:01 PM
After krystalnacht the western media turned decidedly against the reich. no media- no war. know media-know war .

Adelaide
07-02-2013, 11:56 AM

You think his treatment and opinion of Jews, minorities and the disabled were "logical as rain"?

Chloe
07-02-2013, 12:00 PM
After krystalnacht the western media turned decidedly against the reich. no media- no war. know media-know war .

And rightfully so. It's a shame more people in and around germany didn't turn because of that, and the numerous other horrible things leading up to the war.

count markovalley
07-02-2013, 03:50 PM
You think his treatment and opinion of Jews, minorities and the disabled were "logical as rain"?

In fact I do believe there was a certain logic to everything A.H. did . It doesn't seem fair to us in hindsight but that doesn't change things. Go to any fast food place on a sun morning and you can see what this country is rapidly becoming. travel to any inner city ,anytime of the day and you can see what this country has become.
I can't help it if A.H. loved his country more than our own politicos.[shrug]

count markovalley
07-02-2013, 03:53 PM
And rightfully so. It's a shame more people in and around germany didn't turn because of that, and the numerous other horrible things leading up to the war.

Horrible things? you mean like getting folks employed , putting food on the table . ?? if you were starving who would you vote for in exchange for a loaf of bread? ANSWER: anyone running for office giving out bread.

Adelaide
07-02-2013, 03:56 PM
In fact I do believe there was a certain logic to everything A.H. did . It doesn't seem fair to us in hindsight but that doesn't change things. Go to any fast food place on a sun morning and you can see what this country is rapidly becoming. travel to any inner city ,anytime of the day and you can see what this country has become.
I can't help it if A.H. loved his country more than our own politicos.[shrug]

So you're okay with the Holocaust.

Interesting.

count markovalley
07-02-2013, 04:04 PM
from logic to holocaust ;that's a big jump isn't it.

The holocaust was a consequence of a terrible war;read about it. It was a casualty of a war that included deliberate murder of civilians. know anything about the fate of DRESDEN? ? i didn't think so!!

Adelaide
07-02-2013, 04:09 PM
from logic to holocaust ;that's a big jump isn't it.

I asked if you if you found his treatment and opinions of Jews/minorities/disabled to be "logical as rain" to which you said yes, then tried to find justification in today's world.

It's okay - I could already tell, but I thought I'd clear it up.

count markovalley
07-02-2013, 04:20 PM
you made general statements and i gave you a general answer. did fdr.s treatment of japanese americans something you're o.k. with? is the indiscriminate murder of millions of unborn any less of a holocaust?

especially when it takes the form of the deliberate murder of healthy life in the womb. And thereby depriving future generations of the needed skills and talents which would guarantee survival of the entire nation.
so where do you want to draw the line? nothing logical here!

Mister D
07-02-2013, 06:13 PM
The Nazis did dress well. Sorry, it's true.

Chloe
07-02-2013, 06:17 PM
Horrible things? you mean like getting folks employed , putting food on the table . ?? if you were starving who would you vote for in exchange for a loaf of bread? ANSWER: anyone running for office giving out bread.

You can make excuses for Nazi oppression all you'd like, but the fact remains that all the bread in the world does not justify the atrocities that the Nazis committed on Jews and others in Germany before and during the war.

count markovalley
07-02-2013, 06:44 PM
fire bombing of dresden and dropping two A -bombs on civilian targets on japan doesn't move you in the slightest. What more can I say, believe whatever you want to believe.

Kabuki Joe
07-02-2013, 06:44 PM
The Nazis did dress well. Sorry, it's true.

...especially the gestapo...

GrassrootsConservative
07-02-2013, 06:46 PM
fire bombing of dresden and dropping two A -bombs on civilian targets on japan doesn't move you in the slightest. What more can I say, believe whatever you want to believe.

Right, and the hundreds of American military personnel who died in the unprovoked attack on pearl harbor were what.. chopped liver?

Mister D
07-02-2013, 06:48 PM
...especially the gestapo...

I'm a collector. I had a Nazi phase.

Mister D
07-02-2013, 06:56 PM
OK here goes my attempt to redeem the thread. Let me preface that by saying no more Nazi apologies please.

Dresden was criminal, IMO. The whole strategic bombing campaign was. Hundreds of thousands of old men, women, and children were butchered for no military gain. That said, it is not on the order of Auschwitz because the strategic bombing campaign, no matter how vicious and flawed, was developed as a means to win the war. That makes all the difference in the world. They imagined it would break the will of Germans to fight. Granted, it didn't and only became effective after Allied planners began to target the oil infrastructure late in the war.

Chloe
07-02-2013, 07:25 PM

War is immoral and there are tons of horrible acts that occurred in WW2 and other wars, nobody here is disagreeing with you about that, but Hitler's oppression and singling out of an entire religion and people for mass extermination is detached from the war, it's on a different plane. It was about hatred of a people to the point that they used military and economic resources to sustain the genocide. Again, no amount of bread and employment justifies that. Keep trying though.

Kristallnacht was an outlet to ignite fear amongst Hitler's scapegoat, Jews. Jews had nothing to do with Germany's issues at that time, and you know that. It was an act of pure evil that was orchestrated for a purpose, and that purpose was not to feed hungry Germans but to start the elimination of an entire people. You can't defend what Hitler did with regards to Kristallnacht, unless you agree with him. Do you agree with Hitler's implementation of kristallnacht?

Common
07-02-2013, 08:18 PM
War is immoral and there are tons of horrible acts that occurred in WW2 and other wars, nobody here is disagreeing with you about that, but Hitler's oppression and singling out of an entire religion and people for mass extermination is detached from the war, it's on a different plane. It was about hatred of a people to the point that they used military and economic resources to sustain the genocide. Again, no amount of bread and employment justifies that. Keep trying though.

Kristallnacht was an outlet to ignite fear amongst Hitler's scapegoat, Jews. Jews had nothing to do with Germany's issues at that time, and you know that. It was an act of pure evil that was orchestrated for a purpose, and that purpose was not to feed hungry Germans but to start the elimination of an entire people. You can't defend what Hitler did with regards to Kristallnacht, unless you agree with him. Do you agree with Hitler's implementation of kristallnacht?

Along with the slaughter of 6 million jews alone, they would have slaughtered russians in the same way if the russians didnt scorch and burn them into losing the war. They would have wreaked havoc on france and england also if it werent for the USA and the million men that died defending them

Mister D
07-02-2013, 08:37 PM
Interestingly, most of the prisoners in concentration camps weren't Jewish. Jews were a minority and sometimes a tiny one. That's primarily because they were murdered upon arrival. In other cases, such as Bergen-Belsen and Buchenwald, a camp was not intended to be a "death camp" and housed all manner of inmates. There were no gas chambers etc. I pasted a famous photo taken at Bergen-Belsen in 1945 below. They all perished in an epidemic.

It's estimated that approximately 5 million Soviet POWs perished in German camps. The death toll is truly astounding.

Common
07-02-2013, 09:14 PM
Interestingly, most of the prisoners in concentration camps weren't Jewish. Jews were a minority and sometimes a tiny one. That's primarily because they were murdered upon arrival. In other cases, such as Bergen-Belsen and Buchenwald, a camp was not intended to be a "death camp" and housed all manner of inmates. There were no gas chambers etc. I pasted a famous photo taken at Bergen-Belsen in 1945 below. They all perished in an epidemic.

It's estimated that approximately 5 million Soviet POWs perished in German camps. The death toll is truly astounding.

I dont think they know just how many people perished in WW2. Russians were certainly brutalized by the nazi.
With jews it was personal and had nothing to do with war it was genocide and that made it that made the mass murder of jews that much worse. Women children, not soldiers not combatants.

Mister D
07-02-2013, 09:17 PM
I dont think they know just how many people perished in WW2. Russians were certainly brutalized by the nazi.
With jews it was personal and had nothing to do with war it was genocide and that made it that made the mass murder of jews that much worse. Women children, not soldiers not combatants.

The Russians were also brutalized by their own government. Who killed more Russians? The Nazis or the Soviets? Raw deal that...:shocked:

Sure. Jews, Russians, Poles among other groups were targeted. The sheer savagery is hard to comprehend.

Kabuki Joe
07-02-2013, 09:24 PM

..stalin killed a lot of jews too...

Common
07-02-2013, 09:25 PM
History is riddled with that kind of savagery and it will happen again in a different way. Look at the middle east.
I have to laugh when someone says its a religion of peace, Ill be damned if I can see any evidence of that.

Mister D
07-02-2013, 09:29 PM
..stalin killed a lot of jews too...

The CCCP was heavily Jewish is some departments. Not surprisingly, Nazi propagandists often made mention of that fact. Jews began to be purged only in Stalin's later years.

Kabuki Joe
07-02-2013, 09:41 PM
The CCCP was heavily Jewish is some departments. Not surprisingly, Nazi propagandists often made mention of that fact. Jews began to be purged only in Stalin's later years.

...he killed a lot of jews...

Mister D
07-02-2013, 09:44 PM
...he killed a lot of jews...

I'm sure he did but nothing comparable to Nazi crimes as far Jews are concerned. Stalin was more of a equal opportunity murderer. :wink:

roadmaster
07-02-2013, 09:54 PM
Jews had nothing to do with Germany's issues at that time, and you know that. Not according to Hitler. He believed It was Jews who were creating divisions among Germans by their preaching of class war. He said ordinary Germans were being systematically excluded from such positions in society by malign Jewish machinations. The same way the liberals insist another quote race should hold a position only because of race and not talent.

Common
07-02-2013, 10:18 PM
Not according to Hitler. He believed It was Jews who were creating divisions among Germans by their preaching of class war. He said ordinary Germans were being systematically excluded from such positions in society by malign Jewish machinations. The same way the liberals insist another quote race should hold a position only because of race and not talent.

That doesnt seem to be cause enough to annihilate 6 million people even if it was true, to me anyway.

roadmaster
07-02-2013, 10:39 PM
That doesnt seem to be cause enough to annihilate 6 million people even if it was true, to me anyway. I am not a fan of Hitler just saying why he said they needed to be annihilated.

Common
07-02-2013, 11:02 PM
I am not a fan of Hitler just saying why he said they needed to be annihilated.

That wasnt meant for you personally Road :) Hitler also believe the jews had control of all the big banks and there fore were in a position to control germany and possibly take over. Hitler was insane like most truly insane they have an intelligence that seems to feed the insanity.

roadmaster
07-13-2013, 10:58 AM
That doesnt seem to be cause enough to annihilate 6 million people even if it was true, to me anyway.

6 million?????? Now that has already been show wrong. http://youtu.be/PWCOjOj4RAU

Common
07-14-2013, 07:38 AM
6 million?????? Now that has already been show wrong. http://youtu.be/PWCOjOj4RAU

I dont have sound at the moment, so if not 6million, how many

BB-35
07-15-2013, 08:43 PM
Overengineered weapons,not enough weapons,not using weapons to their full potential,hitler not listening to his generals,use of slave labor,not letting their women fully join the war effort,invading russia......etc,etc

Ivan88
07-31-2013, 03:15 PM
http://mysite.verizon.net/ress8ouv/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/StalinHitler.jpghttp://mysite.verizon.net/ress8ouv/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/StalinHitler2.jpg
These images suggest that there was much more to the story than conventional sources indicate.
A few clues:
1. Nazism was started by an elite cabal operating throughout Europe and America.
2. Who promoted Hitler? It wasn't the German people. They were conned into supporting him by his "economic miracle" that was financed by the big bankers of Europe.
3. US & British encouragement to Poland to start a war with Germany.
4. US & Britain's great concern for the German invasion of Poland, but almost complete approval of the Soviet invasion of Poland.
5. Stalin positioned his weak military forces in attack formation towards Germany, maybe to give Hitler the image he needed to convince the rest of Germany that war with Russia was necessary.
6. Hitler sent special forces to murder Russians and mistreat them to stop the massive Russian surrenders to Germany and turn Russians to supporting Stalin.
7. Hitler said he would destroy Saint Petersburg to further enflame Russian resistance.
8. Hitler bombed British cities instead of destroying the British airforce.
9. He ordered the German army around Saint Petersburg to stay until it was surrounded and captured.
10. He did the same at Stalingrad, and when the Russians retook what was left of the city, the German general in charge of trapping the German army was taken to Moscow and given a nice apartment and a pension.
11. The long range naval guns at Normany were dismantled thus allowing the invaders to close with the defenders.
12 Rommel was kept from stopping the Normandy invasion, Rommel was also sabotaged in North Africa.
13. Hitler's last order was to destroy all remaining civilian support infrastructure in Germany.... countermanded by Albert Speer.
14. The German army was limited by its reliance on 5 shot bolt action rifles.
15. Hitler sabotaged German air defenses.

In conclusion, Hitler tricked Germany into an Armageddon so as to destroy Germany. Follow the money. Who profited from the war and Germany's destruction?

One more clue:
Nazi Germany had a special court,
"Intended to enable prominent party members to rid themselves of the stigma of Jewish ancestry,"
Law of April 12, 1938 (Reichsgestzblatt I, 386)
Encyclopedia Britanica 1953, Page 219C Vol. 10

The Sage of Main Street
08-10-2013, 05:05 PM
Stalin tricked Hitler into attacking. Keeping his best soldiers in the rear, Stalin let Hitler blitzkrieg until the Nazis got to the outskirts of the important cities. By Russian design, Hitler thought it would soon be over and didn't care about the winter and overextended supply lines. This apparently certain win also brought America into the war.