PDA

View Full Version : PAT BUCHANAN says: Some unintended consequences of Immigration reform. Don't blame me

count markovalley
06-29-2013, 04:46 PM
“You put 100 million Hispanic folks in the United States and, say, 70 million on the southwest border. That becomes as much as part of Mexico as it is the United States,” Buchanan continued. “If they have a different language, different culture, a different faith — basically you get two peoples. And two peoples eventually become two countries. This is what I see as the future of America — the Balkanization and the disintegration of a country which become one nation back around 1960 when all the immigrants who came from Eastern and Southern Europe, 1890-1920, had been assimilated and American-ized. We all had gone through the Depression together, heard radio together, went through World War II together and American televisionhttp://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/icon1.png (http://dailycaller.com/2013/06/23/buchanan-hispanic-influx-from-immigration-bill-could-break-us-into-two-countries/#) — that brought us all together. And now we’re coming apart.”

jillian
06-29-2013, 04:55 PM
pat buchanan has always been a xenophobe and an isolationist.

what he means to say is he only wants white immigrant stock here.

Mister D
06-29-2013, 04:57 PM

You know a man by his enemies. God bless him.

So did most of America until very recently.

jillian
06-29-2013, 04:58 PM
You know a man by his enemies. God bless him.

So did most of America until very recently.

telling the truth about him doesn't mean i'm his enemy. you seem to make up things.

in fact, i used to love watching him and rachel maddow debate...two very smart people.

you just hate anything that calls things what they are.

but whatchagonnado?

Mister D
06-29-2013, 04:59 PM
you mean normal people?

cool

I think you know exactly what I mean. :wink:

jillian
06-29-2013, 05:00 PM
I think you know exactly what I mean. :wink:

jews?

Mister D
06-29-2013, 05:02 PM
telling the truth about him doesn't mean i'm his enemy. you seem to make up things.

in fact, i used to love watching him and rachel maddow debate...two very smart people.

you just hate anything that calls things what they are.

but whatchagonnado?

You always tell the truth, Jill. no way does your fanaticism and self-righteousness distort your thinking. :grin:

Mister D
06-29-2013, 05:03 PM
jews?

Some Jews do certainly have a vendetta against him. That's for sure.

count markovalley
06-29-2013, 05:04 PM

Pat knows . Most countries of the world try to upgrade their populations by attracting the best and brightest. The usa in the last few decades has gone out of its way to welcome those who cannot but drag the usa down the mire of 3rd world existence. who is behind it all?

jillian
06-29-2013, 05:10 PM
Pat knows . Most countries of the world try to upgrade their populations by attracting the best and brightest. The usa in the last few decades has gone out of its way to welcome those who cannot but drag the usa down the mire of 3rd world existence. who is behind it all?

personally, i think the country would be upgraded if the racists and homophobes would live elsewhere. but i guess it's a matter of perspective.

Mister D
06-29-2013, 05:12 PM
personally, i think the country would be upgraded if the racists and homophobes would live elsewhere. but i guess it's a matter of perspective.

Of course Europeans who wish to preserve their homelands are "racists" but it's OK for Israel. Gotcha.

Rebel Son
06-29-2013, 06:10 PM

Disagree, I think him a wanna be christian who lives a different lifestyle than what he preaches. IE a fraud and money monger. He doesn't care what color you are as long as you send money.

TheInternet
06-29-2013, 07:07 PM

In addition to what you mentioned, he's also correct.

Spot on comments and good question.

Mainecoons
06-29-2013, 07:07 PM

Now you don't really want the racists to leave as most of the liberals and blacks would live elsewhere and you wouldn't "win" elections that enable you to destroy the economy and the jobs of the working men and women. You might have to leave as well.

Be careful what you ask for. . . .

:rofl:

Trinnity
06-29-2013, 07:50 PM

what he means to say is he only wants white immigrant stock here.Well hang on a minute.

You don't have to like Pat. But what he says could come to pass. If the population of the American Southwest or some portion of it becomes so high in population with Mexicans, the isn't the word "balkanization (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balkanization)" literally correct? I would say so and my conclusion has nothing to do with Pat Buchanan. Like him or not, the argument has merit and frankly, anyone with a lot of knowledge in history and politics could have said it. Hell, I could have easily said it. It's a reasonable point to make.
jillian

Agravan
06-29-2013, 07:54 PM
Well hang on a minute.

You don't have to like Pat. But what he says could come to pass. If the population of the American Southwest or some portion of it becomes so high in population with Mexicans, the isn't the word "balkanization (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balkanization)" literally correct? I would say so and my conclusion has nothing to do with Pat Buchanan. Like him or not, the argument has merit and frankly, anyone with a lot of knowledge in history and politics could have said it. Hell, I could have easily said it. It's a reasonable point to make.
@jillian (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=719)
jillian does not do reasonable. She does do extremist really well though.

Trinnity
06-29-2013, 08:05 PM
@jillian (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=719) does not do reasonable. She does do extremist really well though.LOL, I think you've underestimated her. Partisanship can be put aside long enough to consider the point if the reasoning is presented without aggravation.

jillian
06-29-2013, 08:12 PM
Well hang on a minute.

@jillian (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=719)

i don't *dislike* him. I disagree with him. I think he's a briliiant political analyst. I simply think he's been wrong and wrong-headed in his beliefs. you think it's reasonabe Trinnity because you agree with him.

I think that every immigrant group, no wait, i KNOW that every immigrant group has said the same thing about each group that follows them. they said it about the italians, they said it about the irish, they said it about eastern european jews...

and, no, i don't agree with his statements. as i said, he's always been isolationist and xenophobic.

zelmo1234
06-29-2013, 08:17 PM

I actually see a two country solution in the future of the USA! It may be the only way the we can get though insolvency!

pjohns
06-29-2013, 08:24 PM
Most countries of the world try to upgrade their populations by attracting the best and brightest. The usa in the last few decades has gone out of its way to welcome those who cannot but drag the usa down the mire of 3rd world existence.

Excellent point!

Since the 1960s, American immigration policy has placed a premium upon family re-unification; whereas I believe it would be much better for our country to accept immigrants upon the basis of what they can offer us--not the other way around...

jillian
06-29-2013, 08:25 PM
I actually see a two country solution in the future of the USA! It may be the only way the we can get though insolvency!

feel free to go live in your white supremacist theocracy.

then ponder the irony in that.

pjohns
06-29-2013, 08:28 PM
what [Pat Buchanan] means to say is he only wants white immigrant stock here.

That strikes me as an enormously gratuitous interpretation.

It seems to me that what Pat Buchanan desires is assimmilation from immigrants, rather than mere multiculturalism; with the latter leading (inevitably) to "the Balkanization and the disintegration" of America...

Agravan
06-29-2013, 08:30 PM

Here we go. If you don't agree with a liberal, you are obviously racist.

Rebel Son
06-29-2013, 09:42 PM

Most always, same with libertarians. I used to be one, in the end what you think as an individual is more important than some party belief. To be straight party, "and I mean any party" is ridiculous to say the least. In the end I think all political moves to be done by power hungry idiots with their own agenda in mind.

I'll never side with any political party in complete compliance with their values and ideas. Those who do are sheeple.

jillian
06-29-2013, 09:46 PM

no. but if you don't want anyone who isn't white coming into the country, and say that it is degrading the country, then there's an element of racism.

but again, if you bothered EVER responding to a point instead of dong the "libs" whatever dance... you'd have addressed the fact that every immigrant group objects to the next one behind it as being "unworthy".

don't worry, though. no one expects you to actually have a response.

jillian
06-29-2013, 09:47 PM
That strikes me as an enormously gratuitous interpretation.

It seems to me that what Pat Buchanan desires is assimmilation from immigrants, rather than mere multiculturalism; with the latter leading (inevitably) to "the Balkanization and the disintegration" of America...

gratuitous? not really? oversimplified? perhaps.

we've always been heterogeneous... i think that's my point about where buchanan is wrong-headed.

Mister D
06-29-2013, 10:09 PM

America has never been close to being a theocracy. Can't say that for Israel. Ponder the irony in that.

Agravan
06-29-2013, 11:10 PM
no. but if you don't want anyone who isn't white coming into the country, and say that it is degrading the country, then there's an element of racism.

but again, if you bothered EVER responding to a point instead of dong the "libs" whatever dance... you'd have addressed the fact that every immigrant group objects to the next one behind it as being "unworthy".

don't worry, though. no one expects you to actually have a response.
You see, that's where you make false assumptions and decide that if someone is anti-illegal immigration, then they must obviously be against any non-whites coming into the country. How many times des it really have to be explained to you that conservatives are not against immigration, they are against illegal immigration. You guys seem to have a serious problem distinguishing between legal and illegal. Why is that, jillian? The people that followed to rules to come here legally are not too happy that the people that BROKE THE LAW to came here illegally should get amnesty. You guys claim these people are law-abiding people. If so, then reconcile that with the fact that they already broke the law by crossing over illegally.

pjohns
06-30-2013, 12:22 AM
but if you don't want anyone who isn't white coming into the country, and say that it is degrading the country, then there's an element of racism.

Many of us (presumably, including Pat Buchanan) object to the invasion of the American southwest by illegal "immigrants" since (1) any such invasion automatically vitiates the very important doctrine of national sovereignty; (2) most of these illegals are low-skill types; therefore, America is in a position to do much more for them than they might be able to do for America; and (3) many--perhaps most--remain attached to their country of origin far more than they ever are attached to America, emotionally; in other words, they often do not assimmilate very well.

Trinnity
06-30-2013, 08:52 AM
i don't *dislike* him. I disagree with him. I think he's a briliiant political analyst. I simply think he's been wrong and wrong-headed in his beliefs. you think it's reasonabe @Trinnity (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=235) because you agree with him.

I think that every immigrant group, no wait, i KNOW that every immigrant group has said the same thing about each group that follows them. they said it about the italians, they said it about the irish, they said it about eastern european jews...

and, no, i don't agree with his statements. as i said, he's always been isolationist and xenophobic.No, I'm pretty darn sure you sincerely don't like him because you called him some very unflattering and accusatory names. It's my opinion that that is beyond a simple disagreement. But no matter. It's the validity of the point he makes that I'm concerned with.

His point is reasonable about balkanization. This is not just an immigrant group infusing itself into the country, it's a massive and constant influx across a 1,954 mile border from ONE country - Mexico. And it has been occurring for decades and has tipped the demographics in a highly significant way - sheer numbers that cannot be ignored.

Trinnity
06-30-2013, 09:12 AM
Most always, same with libertarians. I used to be one, in the end what you think as an individual is more important than some party belief. To be straight party, "and I mean any party" is ridiculous to say the least. In the end I think all political moves to be done by power hungry idiots with their own agenda in mind.

I'll never side with any political party in complete compliance with their values and ideas. Those who do are sheeple.Me neither. That's why I'm a small L "libertarian" and a Constitutionalist.