PDA

View Full Version : Ontario Premier to march in gay Pride Parade

Adelaide
06-30-2013, 01:00 AM
TORONTO - Canada's first openly-gay premier, Ontario's Kathleen Wynne, will march into history later this month when she becomes the first sitting premier to take part in Toronto's annual gay pride parade.

Wynne, who is married to Jane Rounthwaite and has three children and two grandchildren, said attending gay pride activities is an annual event for her.

"Well it's part of summer you know," said told The Canadian Press in an interview.

"Every year I take part in the Pride events. Jane and I go to the Pride and Remembrance run on Saturday morning. I go to the church service, which is always very, very moving, on Sunday morning, and of course I walk in the parade."

Kathleen Wynne to be first Ontario Premier to march in Toronto Gay Pride Parade - Yahoo (http://ca.news.yahoo.com/kathleen-wynne-first-ontario-premier-march-toronto-gay-200746914.html)

The first Premier of Ontario (who happens to be the first female Premier of Ontario and the first lesbian/gay Premier in Canada) to march in one of the largest gay pride parades in the world, in the province that was the first in the world to recognize same-sex marriage. Pretty awesome. And I had no idea they had a church service incorporated in gay pride week, which is also kind of neat. Reasons to be proud of my province.

I plan to go next year when we host the world at World Pride 2014, which Toronto won the bid for. The normal pride parade gets more than a million visitors but the World Pride event will be pretty epic.

Kabuki Joe
06-30-2013, 01:13 AM
Kathleen Wynne to be first Ontario Premier to march in Toronto Gay Pride Parade - Yahoo (http://ca.news.yahoo.com/kathleen-wynne-first-ontario-premier-march-toronto-gay-200746914.html)

The first Premier of Ontario (who happens to be the first female Premier of Ontario and the first lesbian/gay Premier in Canada) to march in one of the largest gay pride parades in the world, in the province that was the first in the world to recognize same-sex marriage. Pretty awesome. And I had no idea they had a church service incorporated in gay pride week, which is also kind of neat. Reasons to be proud of my province.

I plan to go next year when we host the world at World Pride 2014, which Toronto won the bid for. The normal pride parade gets more than a million visitors but the World Pride event will be pretty epic.

...only if you are pro-gay...for me, having grown up in San Francisco and seeing those mobs of sexual deviants doing completely unnecessary garbage, in the name of gay pride of course, makes me not want to support them...when you march down the street like that, you are forcing yourself on everyone...if you guys could use some modicum of decency it wouldn't be so bad, but guys running around with glitter and a G-string in not respectful to the people that are doing their thing in the same area...epic?...if sexual deviancy is your thing, I agree...

Adelaide
06-30-2013, 01:31 AM
...only if you are pro-gay...for me, having grown up in San Francisco and seeing those mobs of sexual deviants doing completely unnecessary garbage, in the name of gay pride of course, makes me not want to support them...when you march down the street like that, you are forcing yourself on everyone...if you guys could use some modicum of decency it wouldn't be so bad, but guys running around with glitter and a G-string in not respectful to the people that are doing their thing in the same area...epic?...if sexual deviancy is your thing, I agree...

"You guys"? I'm not a lesbian just because I support gay rights and see nothing wrong with people being proud of their sexuality and sexual orientation. If you don't like it, don't participate, but this brings a community together.

zelmo1234
06-30-2013, 04:45 AM
"You guys"? I'm not a lesbian just because I support gay rights and see nothing wrong with people being proud of their sexuality and sexual orientation. If you don't like it, don't participate, but this brings a community together.

It might beut it separates that community from the rest of us.

When is the last time you saw a Straight Pride parade?

The back lash that I see so far in this country with the Courts dicission is that some very unkind perms for the GLBT community are making a comeback and that is sad.

They could have civil unions with the support of the populations but they are not happy with that, and they will eventually get the right to be legally married, Churchs are changing there serimonies to call ti covianant marriages, and this already is upsetting the GLBT community!

By trying to be the same they are actually driving a wedge between!

GrassrootsConservative
06-30-2013, 05:23 AM
When is the last time you saw a Straight Pride parade?

Just remember, zelmo, they call it gay pride but it's really silver-tongued Liberal doublespeak for gay arrogance, gay conceit.

/Edit: If we had an event called a White Pride parade, we'd be called racist. You're only allowed to be proud if you're a minority, gay, or any other number of the inane groups of people Liberals are okay with having pride. People like us are not allowed to be proud of our race or heritage.

Kabuki Joe
06-30-2013, 08:40 AM

...I don't see anything wrong with it either, put a rainbow bumper sticker on your car, put a rainbow sticker in your window at home, or anything else that get's your message across with some decency...ok, I'm right there with you...but when you have a bunch of freaks taking over a public area, running around half naked, getting in everyone's face and throwing fairy dust at people, I have no "f"ing choice whether to participate or not...this is what bothers me about liberals, EVERYTHING!!!!!...you guys are sending all of us down the wrong road...which is ok...but you aren't just sending liberals down that road, it's everyone, even the ones that don't want to go...once you open the closet door, you can't close it...