PDA

View Full Version : Requiescat in Pace Hitch

Pendragon
12-16-2011, 01:12 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d0/Christopher_Hitchens_crop.jpg

Mister D
12-16-2011, 01:14 PM
Read about this earlier. I never liked the man but RIP.

MMC
12-16-2011, 01:19 PM
Yeah thanks Pen I put it up in the News that Makes Ya Snooze thread. :wink:

Mister D
12-16-2011, 01:40 PM
Hitchens would probably have been a fun guy to have a drink with.

MMC
12-16-2011, 02:02 PM
His wife is a writer too. Said he left behind 3 kids and he was only 62! Sucks he was taken out by Cancer. Only 18 months since he was diagnosed with it too. Althought technically it was pnemuonia that got in. With the other thread I put up what he said about friends and family meaning the most to him.

Mister D
12-16-2011, 02:06 PM
Is she? I've never heard of her. I diodnlt know he was married or had children either. doesn't seem like the type.

Conley
12-16-2011, 02:09 PM
I thought it was weird he died in Texas. I guess they had better care there than in England? Not sure.

Also I'm not surprised he died of esophageal cancer, from what little I know of the guy he was a heavy smoker and drinker.

MMC
12-16-2011, 02:28 PM
I thought it was weird he died in Texas. I guess they had better care there than in England? Not sure.

Also I'm not surprised he died of esophageal cancer, from what little I know of the guy he was a heavy smoker and drinker.

It said he became a Citizen in the late 80s I thought. Thought he lived in Washington. With his career they said he started out as a left winger but then after Nam moved to the right where he pretty much stayed with his stance on Muslims. Yet he was an Atheist!

Conley
12-16-2011, 02:32 PM
It said he became a Citizen in the late 80s I thought. Thought he lived in Washington. With his career they said he started out as a left winger but then after Nam moved to the right where he pretty much stayed with his stance on Muslims. Yet he was an Atheist!

Ah, thanks for that. Sounds like an interesting dude.

hellraiser
12-16-2011, 03:20 PM
sorry you are sad Pen :(

i am here now to see my friends! how are every body?

Mister D
12-16-2011, 03:51 PM

I think he has always been a leftist but his support of the neocons really created a rift between Chris and the left.

Conley
12-16-2011, 08:41 PM

Hey HR, good to see you! Hope you will come by more often.

MMC
12-16-2011, 08:56 PM

HR.....In Da House!!!!!
Good seeing ya HR.....Been a while. Hope All is Well with you!