PDA

View Full Version : Hi -I'm new here

Captain Obvious
12-16-2011, 09:30 PM
Newbie here, I like hunting, fishing, playing backgammon and pina colada.

Conley
12-16-2011, 09:37 PM
You sound sexy.

MMC
12-16-2011, 09:37 PM
Cap In Da House!!!!!

Heya Cap.....man, how ya been bro. We was getting worried about ya!

Captain Obvious
12-16-2011, 09:40 PM
You sound sexy.

email me at BigSeXXXy@rub1off.com

:afro:

Mister D
12-16-2011, 09:40 PM
Do you like leeks and eggs? That's the real test here...

MMC
12-16-2011, 09:41 PM
Sure hope ya don't like the Pittsburgh Steelers.....seems they was getting a little diss in this weeks Football thread. Especially after barely handling the Stains! :wink: :laugh:

Conley
12-16-2011, 09:41 PM
I was convinced he ran into Banjo Boy.

You all know who I'm talking about but Googling led me to this, and well, I can't resist...

http://www.lolviral.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/wtf21.png

Captain Obvious
12-16-2011, 09:42 PM
Cap In Da House!!!!!

Heya Cap.....man, how ya been bro. We was getting worried about ya!

Yeah, I stayed at my mother-in-laws last week on the new job. Driving 2 hours each way to work in a full size truck sort of sucked, cost $250 just for gas. I could have stayed at a motel but whatever. Found an apartment and it's a shithole. Apparently there is a shortage of places to stay in WV. Those frackers have everything all gobbled up. I'm not staying in this apartment, I found another one the town down the road. Better town and nicer apartment. Bottom line though, no internet for the last two weeks which is why I was AWOL.

I'll probably be offline for a few more days until I get that internet hooked up there.

Captain Obvious
12-16-2011, 09:43 PM
Do you like leeks and eggs? That's the real test here...

I was wondering what I might have missed these last two weeks. Leeks and eggs weren't near the top of what I thought it might have been.

:laugh:

Captain Obvious
12-16-2011, 09:44 PM
I was convinced he ran into Banjo Boy.

You all know who I'm talking about but Googling led me to this, and well, I can't resist...

http://www.lolviral.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/wtf21.png

Eddie Van Hoser

Mister D
12-16-2011, 09:44 PM
I was wondering what I might have missed these last two weeks. Leeks and eggs weren't near the top of what I thought it might have been.

Has it been two weeks? Wow. Doesn't seem like it.

Mister D
12-16-2011, 09:46 PM
Yeah, I stayed at my mother-in-laws last week on the new job. Driving 2 hours each way to work in a full size truck sort of sucked, cost $250 just for gas. I could have stayed at a motel but whatever. Found an apartment and it's a shithole. Apparently there is a shortage of places to stay in WV. Those frackers have everything all gobbled up. I'm not staying in this apartment, I found another one the town down the road. Better town and nicer apartment. Bottom line though, no internet for the last two weeks which is why I was AWOL.

I'll probably be offline for a few more days until I get that internet hooked up there.

Yikes. That's a big gas bill.

Captain Obvious
Sure hope ya don't like the Pittsburgh Steelers.....seems they was getting a little diss in this weeks Football thread. Especially after barely handling the Stains! :wink: :laugh:

Yeah, that was a close game. I haven't been on the Steeler forum but I've been bitching at my dad. That Harrison hit was dirty, I don't care what the yinzers are crying about. You don't hit a fucking QB top-helmet to facemask period. Dumbfuck move and Harrison is sitting for what might be the most important game of the season.

Captain Obvious
has it been two weeks? Wow. Doesn't seem like it.

hurrr!!

Conley
12-16-2011, 09:47 PM
Yeah, that was a close game. I haven't been on the Steeler forum but I've been bitching at my dad. That Harrison hit was dirty, I don't care what the yinzers are crying about. You don't hit a fucking QB top-helmet to facemask period. Dumbfuck move and Harrison is sitting for what might be the most important game of the season.

Yeah, we had a good discussion about it but missed your input...we agree so I guess it wouldn't have been the debate I was imaging. It was really stupid and unnecessary.

Conley
12-16-2011, 09:49 PM
I even posted some of my finest boobies in an effort to draw the Cap'n back!

Captain Obvious
12-16-2011, 09:49 PM
I even posted some of my finest boobies in an effort to draw the Cap'n back!

Oh yeah, I already checked them out.

Nice to see the thread is maintained.

Mister D
12-16-2011, 09:53 PM
hurrr!!

:huh:

Captain Obvious
12-16-2011, 09:54 PM
:huh:

Meaning like that was a shot to the groin - I wasn't missed.

MMC
12-16-2011, 09:55 PM
Well, we got Zapped by something it took us down including all of our new Chinese Friends. Got some Girls up in a few threads. We have a female new member, Cindy. Plus we got Romney's, Newt's, and Obama's Issues all up for Campaign.

Yeah, I am looking forward to this Monday nites game.(As the last few have really sucked) I still think the Steelers will win. Harbaugh isnt no genius. He got lucky that Singletary set everything up for him.

Mister D
12-16-2011, 09:56 PM
Meaning like that was a shot to the groin - I wasn't missed.

Oh! You were sorely missed! :angry: :grin:

MMC
12-16-2011, 09:58 PM
Oh yeah, I already checked them out.

Nice to see the thread is maintained.

:shocked: Cap comes in and the first thing he checks out is the Girlie threads even before he throws a Shout out. :angry: :grin:

Conley
12-16-2011, 09:59 PM
He's a dog. A dirty dog! That's why this is his home. :laugh:

Mister D
12-16-2011, 10:00 PM
In fact, I was going to send an email to see if the Cap't was aight. "Aight" is street talk. :afro:

Captain Obvious
12-16-2011, 10:00 PM
Well, we got Zapped by something it took us down including all of our new Chinese Friends. Got some Girls up in a few threads. We have a female new member, Cindy. Plus we got Romney's, Newt's, and Obama's Issues all up for Campaign.

Yeah, I am looking forward to this Monday nites game.(As the last few have really sucked) I still think the Steelers will win. Harbaugh isnt no genius. He got lucky that Singletary set everything up for him.

I have to find a bar somewhere that carries the game, I'm not getting TV hooked up.

Captain Obvious
12-16-2011, 10:01 PM
:shocked: Cap comes in and the first thing he checks out is the Girlie threads even before he throws a Shout out. :angry: :grin:

Priorities

Captain Obvious
12-16-2011, 10:02 PM
In fact, I was going to send an email to see if the Cap't was aight. "Aight" is street talk. :afro:

I have to give you my hotmail account, you have my google account I think - I don't check that one often, I just use it for setting up forum accounts. I have been checking my hotmail account at work. I just don't log into forums while working, never have.

Mister D
12-16-2011, 10:02 PM
Priorities

You gotta know what they are...

Mister D
12-16-2011, 10:03 PM
I have to give you my hotmail account, you have my google account I think - I don't check that one often, I just use it for setting up forum accounts. I have been checking my hotmail account at work. I just don't log into forums while working, never have.

Forward it to my Yahoo at some point.

Captain Obvious
12-16-2011, 10:03 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty glad about that thread. Even showed it to wifey.

Captain Obvious
12-16-2011, 10:04 PM
Forward it to my Yahoo at some point.

You do have my cell number also, I gave it to you during the politichat days.

MMC
12-16-2011, 10:10 PM
Sure hope ya didnt show ya Wifey those Heffers that were up in there. :laugh:

Mister D
12-16-2011, 10:11 PM
You do have my cell number also, I gave it to you during the politichat days.

Oh, that's right. I do. I just entered it into my cell as Capt' O!

MMC
12-16-2011, 10:13 PM
BTW Cap whats the weather like over there? Snow?

Captain Obvious
12-16-2011, 10:14 PM
It's warm and balmy all the way up to the northern PA border. Rainy.

Mister D
12-16-2011, 10:16 PM
Been a fairly decent December so far. Al Gore was be giving a lot of speeches.

Captain Obvious
12-16-2011, 10:21 PM
Yeah, it's kinda below the snow belt where I'm at. Don't get much. The place where they shut the town down after an inch.

I did some interim work at a hospital nearby a few years ago. They have 3 levels of snow emergency. Level 1 - don't go out, level 2 - really, don't go out and level 3 - you get arrested if you're found on the road. They called a level 3 on what was virtually a dusting when I was driving home. Are you kidding me? We get 12 inches of snow in Potter County and the school bus arrives early.

Captain Obvious
12-16-2011, 10:22 PM
Can't stay on long tonight, I just got back and I have to hit the bed early. Making stuffed cabbage and doing the tree thing tomorrow. Probably be on later tomorrow night.

Mister D
12-16-2011, 10:25 PM
Yeah, it's kinda below the snow belt where I'm at. Don't get much. The place where they shut the town down after an inch.

I did some interim work at a hospital nearby a few years ago. They have 3 levels of snow emergency. Level 1 - don't go out, level 2 - really, don't go out and level 3 - you get arrested if you're found on the road. They called a level 3 on what was virtually a dusting when I was driving home. Are you kidding me? We get 12 inches of snow in Potter County and the school bus arrives early.

NJ called a state of emergency last winter. We had a blizzard and I was going to go to work. I live 15 minutes away. I live right off the NJ Parkway and I work right off of it too. Anyway, I called my boss and said I'm coming but I'll get there when I get there. Gotta shovel and shit. He said nope. You can't come. No one is allowed on the road. lol

Mister D
12-16-2011, 10:27 PM
Can't stay on long tonight, I just got back and I have to hit the bed early. Making stuffed cabbage and doing the tree thing tomorrow. Probably be on later tomorrow night.

Post that recipe when you have a chance. I'd imagine a man of Polish descent will have a good recipe.

MMC
12-16-2011, 10:27 PM
Alright Cap.....Glad ya back and more importantly that you are Aww-ight!

Conley
12-16-2011, 10:29 PM
Ok Bro, good to see ya back...have a good one!

MMC
12-16-2011, 10:33 PM
Damn they never shut shit down around here. Temps could be minus 50 and 3 feet of snow. Althought last year when we got hit with the 22 inches of Snow the Tribune didnt have people go out and deliver newspapers. Told them to wait to the next day.

It can be a blizzard around here and they never shut anything down. Plus in Indiana they screwed up when they made the new on and off ramps. Constantly they have cars and truckers sliding off or slamming into walls. Also Indiana does a shitty job of plowing.

Course this year many towns cant make budget so have lost some of those services.

Captain Obvious
12-19-2011, 07:02 PM
Ok - I'm in the new apartment, the owner is letting me use her wireless internet and all is well.

The place is clean, comfortable and the neighborhood is decent. My wife is going to spend Christmas week down here and help me get my shit together.

Mister D
12-19-2011, 07:06 PM
Do they even have bad neighborhoods in WV? Poor, sure. But bad neighborhoods that are dangerous? Anyway, glad to hear it. I would hat ebeing in limbo like that. I would be miserable.

MMC
12-19-2011, 07:08 PM
Awwww-ight Cap in Da House!!!!!

Ready for tonights game Cap?

MMC
12-19-2011, 07:13 PM
Do they even have bad neighborhoods in WV? Poor, sure. But bad neighborhoods that are dangerous? Anyway, glad to hear it. I would hat ebeing in limbo like that. I would be miserable.

Bad Neighborhoods in WV.....:biglaugh:

Cap.....:whatever: ya do.....watch Out for the Briar Patch! :smiley_ROFLMAO:

Mister D
12-19-2011, 07:16 PM

He'll probably head to local watering hole.

MMC
12-19-2011, 07:24 PM
I am hoping I don't fall out for this game.....I only got like 3 hrs of sleep today. Plus I have a short nite again.

Conley
12-19-2011, 07:25 PM
Ok - I'm in the new apartment, the owner is letting me use her wireless internet and all is well.

The place is clean, comfortable and the neighborhood is decent. My wife is going to spend Christmas week down here and help me get my shit together.

Wife and kids all in the apartment? Sounds cozy.

Captain Obvious
12-19-2011, 07:31 PM
He'll probably head to local watering hole.

It's pretty depressed in this region however the town I'm in now seems quiet and friendly. The town up the road is a mess, lots of crime, drugs, huge unemployment rate, all the bad shit. Not many bars though, half the people here seem like crackheads and the other half are bible thumpers.

The owner of the apartment is really decent, she's letting me stay here gratis through the end of December. She said she "chose" me after doing some homework. She's trying to keep the clientel in the building all decent people. Anyway, she came up and hung some curtains and offered a few pieces of furniture for me.

Captain Obvious
12-19-2011, 07:33 PM
Wife and kids all in the apartment? Sounds cozy.

No, they're up in PA, I'm here by myself.

I've started and quit so many jobs the last couple years that my wife doesn't trust me anymore. Once I'm here a year, she'll get ready to move though I might convince her to make that decision earlier.

For now, I'm back to being a weekend dad for the time being.

Captain Obvious
12-19-2011, 07:36 PM

Yeah, I was going to go to one bar in the town up the road but meh. It looked like a cutthroat place and I don't like having a few beers and driving home, even if it's only a few. Plus I still have NH license plates.

"Wha dat meen, boyh? Live free oh dai"

I have the game dialed up on the radio stream, I'll have to settle for that.

How bout those fucking Bolts?

Mister D
12-19-2011, 07:42 PM
Yeah, I was going to go to one bar in the town up the road but meh. It looked like a cutthroat place and I don't like having a few beers and driving home, even if it's only a few. Plus I still have NH license plates.

"Wha dat meen, boyh? Live free oh dai"

I have the game dialed up on the radio stream, I'll have to settle for that.

How bout those fucking Bolts?

Ah, get some suds and relax.

Mister D
12-19-2011, 07:46 PM
It's pretty depressed in this region however the town I'm in now seems quiet and friendly. The town up the road is a mess, lots of crime, drugs, huge unemployment rate, all the bad shit. Not many bars though, half the people here seem like crackheads and the other half are bible thumpers.

The owner of the apartment is really decent, she's letting me stay here gratis through the end of December. She said she "chose" me after doing some homework. She's trying to keep the clientel in the building all decent people. Anyway, she came up and hung some curtains and offered a few pieces of furniture for me.

Interesting. I've only skirted WV. I've been to Sharpsburg area a few times (Antietam battlefield) which is out in western MD. It's right by Hagerstown. You're a traveler so I'm sure you know the area. It's very close to the WV border.

The lady sounds nice. How many people are staying there?

Captain Obvious
12-19-2011, 07:46 PM
Already there. Yeungling black and tan, which they sell at Wal Mart and is pretty decent beer.

Mister D
12-19-2011, 07:48 PM
Already there. Yeungling black and tan, which they sell at Wal Mart and is pretty decent beer.

That reminds me; I want to pick up some Lord Chesterfield.

Captain Obvious
12-19-2011, 07:49 PM
Interesting. I've only skirted WV. I've been to Sharpsburg area a few times (Antietam battlefield) which is out in western MD. It's right by Hagerstown. You're a traveler so I'm sure you know the area. It's very close to the WV border.

The lady sounds nice. How many people are staying there?

It's a big house - maybe 5 units. Mine's a 1 BR. Basically 4 rooms, LR, BR, Kitchen and bathroom. Sort of reminds me of our first apartment when we were living in sin.

East parts of southern WV are nice but along the river and bordering PA and throughout central WV it gets pretty dicey. Those are all coal and/or industrial areas.

Captain Obvious
12-19-2011, 07:50 PM
That reminds me; I want to pick up some Lord Chesterfield.

They had chesty in cans up at the local near home. I opted out, bitter beer's been giving me heartburn lately.

Conley
12-19-2011, 07:50 PM
No, they're up in PA, I'm here by myself.

I've started and quit so many jobs the last couple years that my wife doesn't trust me anymore. Once I'm here a year, she'll get ready to move though I might convince her to make that decision earlier.

For now, I'm back to being a weekend dad for the time being.

Ah, I thought if your wife was down for the week she'd have the kids in tow.

I bet you were a HUGE Charger fan last night :laugh:

Yungling's good shit.

Captain Obvious
12-19-2011, 07:52 PM
Ah, I thought if your wife was down for the week she'd have the kids in tow.

I bet you were a HUGE Charger fan last night :laugh:

Yungling's good shit.

Yeah, I was driving back down here yesterday night and lost the MNF game outside of Pittsburgh but picked it up on a Chicago AM station. Got here around halftime and I didn't know who won until this morning.

Mister D
12-19-2011, 07:53 PM
They had chesty in cans up at the local near home. I opted out, bitter beer's been giving me heartburn lately.

I normally dislike bitter beers too. Something about Lord Chesterfield though...:cool2:

Mister D
12-19-2011, 07:54 PM
It's a big house - maybe 5 units. Mine's a 1 BR. Basically 4 rooms, LR, BR, Kitchen and bathroom. Sort of reminds me of our first apartment when we were living in sin.

East parts of southern WV are nice but along the river and bordering PA and throughout central WV it gets pretty dicey. Those are all coal and/or industrial areas.

Hopefully they are all quiet professionals. Bathroom clean enough?

Captain Obvious
12-19-2011, 07:55 PM
I normally dislike bitter beers too. Something about Lord Chesterfield though...:cool2:

Yeah, I like chesty - but I've been drinking a lot of bitter beer up in NH the last month or two. I wound up just buying the lager in cans (I won't buy it in bottles, green bottles skunk).

MMC
12-19-2011, 07:56 PM
:boobs: Nothing like a can of Chesty round for a game. :laugh:

Captain Obvious
12-19-2011, 07:56 PM
Hopefully they are all quiet professionals. Bathroom clean enough?

It's fine, just a little old but fairly clean.

Mister D
12-19-2011, 07:57 PM
Yeah, I like chesty - but I've been drinking a lot of bitter beer up in NH the last month or two. I wound up just buying the lager in cans (I won't buy it in bottles, green bottles skunk).

Agreed. I don't know why they bother. I'm sometimes in the mood for Rolling Rock and I wish I could get that in cans but they don't have them anywhere by me. Last time I saw them I was in Gettysburg.

Mister D
12-19-2011, 07:57 PM
It's fine, just a little old but fairly clean.

Cool. That's what counts.

Captain Obvious
12-19-2011, 07:58 PM

Ever have Dickens Cider?

The only thing my wife likes more than a big Dickens Cider is a Dickens Cider can.

Mister D
12-19-2011, 07:59 PM

Always dwelling on chests. The both of you. :rollseyes: :grin:

Conley
12-19-2011, 08:00 PM
Ever have Dickens Cider?

The only thing my wife likes more than a big Dickens Cider is a Dickens Cider can.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

MMC
12-19-2011, 08:02 PM
Moi??? Here I thought I was a leg-man. No honest it's their eyes. Besides thats CL, he is the one with the Big boob thing. Well.....he is out in California. But I think we can forgive him. :laugh:

Captain Obvious
12-19-2011, 08:25 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXbpZnYmo38

Conley
12-19-2011, 08:26 PM
Anita Dickens. :evil:

MMC
12-19-2011, 08:30 PM
Well I don't think he was talking bout Charles.....:undecided: