PDA

View Full Version : Chicago Yearning for Cutler

Conley
12-17-2011, 09:09 PM
LAKE FOREST -- Rumor has it that the Nobel Prize panel is considering Jay Cutler as a recipient. The Presidential Medal of Freedom can't be far behind.

But really, after they write songs about you, how much better can it get?

Seldom has a football player's stock shot up higher while inactive than Cutler's has over the last year.

First there was the circling of wagons locally in the months following the NFC title game. In a classic example of "Only we can do that to our pledges," Cutler's popularity soared in Chicago, fiercely so, after the initial rush of national criticism over his sideline body language and questions regarding his toughness following his knee injury in that game.

Not only was Cutler now viewed as up to the task of quarterbacking the team, but he now ranked only slightly behind Aron Ralston on the toughness meter.

Currently he is being lauded in some circles as one of the top quarterbacks in the league; his injury considered the biggest reason the Bears are not Super-Bowl bound, and Bears fans are literally singing his praises with the amusing if somewhat annoying "Cutty Come Back" parody.

"It just goes back to, you don't know how good you've got it until it's gone," said receiver Roy Williams. "I don't think it would be that way if we were 3-0. It would be like 'OK, we're biding time until Jay gets back.'"

To a large extent, this is true.

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story/_/id/7354125/chicago-bears-qb-jay-cutler-much-prove-field

Mister D
12-17-2011, 09:36 PM
Damn straight!

Conley
12-17-2011, 09:41 PM
:laugh:

MMC
12-17-2011, 10:30 PM
:tongue20:

Mister D
12-17-2011, 10:42 PM
You miss him now MMC! :tongue:

MMC
12-17-2011, 10:52 PM
Aaaaaah.....I miss "Bears" Football more!

MMC
12-18-2011, 03:54 AM
Hopefully Da Bears will be smart enough to get rid of Old-Azz Roy Williams. That dude is lucky to even have a paycheck. Nobody wanted this guy yet DeAngelo and Lovie(Mr. I have a passion for the game of football)Smith decided to take him for some reason. Giving up Aromashidu due to Cutler and him not getting along. Aromashidu then went to Minnesota.

That is another thing Da Bears have facing them with any Big name recievers coming to Da Bears. They won't do it due to Cutler always looking to take care of his crutch Bennett. Which now Bennett has been given a 4 yr contract and as Cutler's #1 reciever. DeAngelo will resign Knox knowing they don't have to pay him top dollar and definately Hester will be there, so that leaves them in the market for trying to get someone that is tall and has good hands. Some of that jumping ability. Leaving anything else they grab as a back up which again they will not be looking to put out any money for.

Cutler has his money. Which then just leaves them to that offensive line. Barring they take care of Forte. Anything else they do need has to be done defensively. CB's LB's and Def Tackles. They definately need some 330lb Def. Tackle in there next to Peppers. Their alright with Idonije and Melton on the Other side. They got Adams and a couple rookies to back those guys up. Adams as Def.Tackle. IMO they can send him packing he is to small and this year when in. Anybody who had a run game went right at him.

These guys are now just talking the talk. Da Bears wont make the play-offs now. Cutler going down and losing to 3 of the easiest teams to beat in the NFL was terrible. Theres no coming back from it. Even if they had that Tebow Miracle moment and win out they still will not make it. Dallas, Atlanta are ahead of them now and if either win out the Bears are done. Same thing with Seattle or the Giants if they win out. Specially if Seattle wins in Chicago this week.

Urlacher has no room to talk.....he is suppose to be a MLB. More than often he is running backwards rather than forwards to stuff the run. 9 times out of ten it someone else that gets to the QB first and Urlacker gets in on the tackle as in grabbing seconds. Somebody else always breaks the play down which is how he makes his mark. Briggs wants more money now after agreeing to be a franchise player. Plus they can get rid of Old-Azz Roach. They need somebody strong and fast on the left side that can stuff the run and cover the tight end.

Mister D
12-18-2011, 10:06 AM
I heard Cutler was thinking about playing in France. He might even convert to Sunni Islam. :shocked:

MMC
12-18-2011, 05:24 PM
I heard Cutler was thinking about playing in France. He might even convert to Sunni Islam. :shocked:

Thats good he will need the practice and especially over the winter season.....tell him don't let the door hit em in the azz on the way out. Also.....take a rug that has padding. Easier on the knees! :wink: :grin:

Conley
12-18-2011, 05:29 PM

:rofl:

Conley
12-18-2011, 05:30 PM
Thats good he will need the practice and especially over the winter season.....tell him don't let the door hit em in the azz on the way out. Also.....take a rug that has padding. Easier on the knees! :wink: :grin:

:laugh: How long is Cutler under contract for? He'll be around for a while, right? Probably longer than Lovie.

Mister D
12-18-2011, 05:40 PM
Good times on this site. :grin:

MMC
12-18-2011, 05:49 PM
:laugh: How long is Cutler under contract for? He'll be around for a while, right? Probably longer than Lovie.

At least 3 that I know.....plus they said the back up Cade Mcknowoneknows. Was with Martz at St louis so another pick up of a loser that was with Martz and Lovie. Did you see what I had put up with concerning Cutler and any known recievers in the league not wanting to come to Chicago. That sucks. Told ya Da Bears was done. Last week was what broke their back.

MMC
12-18-2011, 05:51 PM
Good times on this site. :grin:

Looks like I missed it! Probably will miss more too! :undecided:

Conley
12-18-2011, 05:55 PM
At least 3 that I know.....plus they said the back up Cade Mcknowoneknows. Was with Martz at St louis so another pick up of a loser that was with Martz and Lovie. Did you see what I had put up with concerning Cutler and any known recievers in the league not wanting to come to Chicago. That sucks. Told ya Da Bears was done. Last week was what broke their back.

Yep, I just read it. This was a brutal year in Chitown, no doubt about it. Sorry my brutha.

MMC
12-18-2011, 06:10 PM
Thats the problem with Cutler. Then there was the fact that he at first never played in a Martz system. Now they act like Martz and him were all on the same page. But you see when on the two yard line what takes place. All those Play by Martz that screws them over when not running the ball. Now they say the same thing with Hanie and Martz. Not to mention it was Martz's fault for Cutler taking most of those sacks and hits.

Duh.....obvious none have because Martz was where??? Sitting his azz on some couch watching just like us.

All the good QB's know they got to throw that ball to whoever is open. I can see Cutler using Bennett as 3rd down go to guy. But not as a number 1 reciever.

Mister D
12-18-2011, 06:14 PM
Looks like I missed it! Probably will miss more too! :undecided:

I meant with the Cutler jokes, silly.

Mister D
12-18-2011, 06:17 PM
Yep, I just read it. This was a brutal year in Chitown, no doubt about it. Sorry my brutha.

Losing your starting QB is usually leads to a bad season. Speaking off which, the Colts won their first game of the year.

MMC
12-18-2011, 06:28 PM
Losing your starting QB is usually leads to a bad season. Speaking off which, the Colts won their first game of the year.

Not to mention having all the loser Coaches from other NFL Teams in which those teams got rid of the losers. As well as a Defense that is touted but not really there.

Mister D
12-18-2011, 06:35 PM
Not to mention having all the loser Coaches from other NFL Teams in which those teams got rid of the losers. As well as a Defense that is touted but not really there.

The days of Walter Payton and Ditka....:cool2:

MMC
12-18-2011, 06:39 PM
The days of Walter Payton and Ditka....:cool2:

True Dat! :cool2:

Mister D
12-18-2011, 06:41 PM
The Bears are such a classic team. I can see being a huge Bears fan. Steelers too.

Conley
12-18-2011, 06:47 PM
I've loved the Bears since I was kid. McMahon, Ditka, The Fridge, Payton...Singletary too. They had such great stars and personalities. Everyone loved them.

MMC
12-18-2011, 07:05 PM
Yep.....and they have been losing it slowly but steadily with the so called Passionate man of football. who basically inherited a top notch defense but a team that didnt have an offense.

My Grams came from the Youngstown Ohio area but she liked the Bears and the Steelers. In that order. well our season is over with Officially. So Chicagoans are going to be a moody bunch now all thru winter.